Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:11:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Bennett  (Read 29395 times)

donnyguy61

Kyle Bennett
« on May 15, 2015, 09:16:18 pm by donnyguy61 »
@seantaylorpress  3m3 minutes ago
New #Pompey boss Paul Cook has also confirmed he is interested in signing Kyle Bennett & has already held talks with the winger #drfc

@seantaylorpress  1m1 minute ago
Cook said of Bennett: "He's another player we're after, we met him in Portsmouth on Thursday" #drfc #pompey

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Bennett
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2015, 09:43:57 pm by Nudga »
Get in. I'll drive him down there myself.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2015, 10:01:33 pm by GazLaz »
I'll go halves on the petrol. L2 is the level for him to be good at.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2015, 10:17:49 pm by Donnyrovers »
Bennett has improved this season and if he can push on again next season he has potential to be one of the best wingers in this league. He would absolutely piss league 2.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2015, 10:36:29 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Get in. I'll drive him down there myself.

then Pompey can sign Gary MADine as well on a freebie to fire  more "blanks" from the Portsmouth "navel" cannons
it would "allegedly" be like old times that pair ..............................

Bury had virtually an unlimited budget and only just made 3rd place this season same with Rotherham when Evans came in "wobbled" before going up

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2015, 10:36:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
If we don't offer him the contract he wants then
1. We don't want to pay him the wage he wants to be a squad player.
2. We have a better player lined up for his first team postion.
3. We cannot afford his wage demands from with in the budget.

If he goes it will be the players we bring in that will count.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2015, 10:40:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, he's had enough chances to prove himself consistently. Playing to something like your potential in a handful of games is not good enough imo 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2015, 11:33:51 pm by dickos1 »
He's been very good this year. A mistake to let him go, but he must be mad going there

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 16, 2015, 12:04:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The potential at Portsmouth is massive, always has been, he will be playing in front of a big crowd week after week, will probably get better wages, nicer area to live, we owe him nothing he owes us nothing.
We need players who want to be nowhere else but here if we are serious for getting promoted, there's always plenty of quality available to replace him with.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 16, 2015, 07:14:25 am by Donnyrovers »
Well, he's had enough chances to prove himself consistently. Playing to something like your potential in a handful of games is not good enough imo

He's played just as well as Copps and Forrester this year and when he has played he tends to score or get an assist. He's going to have off days every winger does but when he's played this season his overall contribution has been very good.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 16, 2015, 07:18:40 am by steve@dcfd »

He's played just as well as Copps and Forrester this year and when he has played he tends to score or get an assist.
I agree with that, but as I said above if we don't compete financially with other clubs, then we have better coming in or we cannot afford his demands. That's the choice PD will make.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 16, 2015, 07:41:50 am by mrfrostsdad »
Portsmouth a nicer area than Donny? Have you been? It's a shithole!!

But anyway, back on topic. Surely the only reason he would drop down to a League 2 is if he's been offered a better contract than we've offered him. All footballers are, in general, mercenary.
I think he's improved this last season. Will we sign anyone better? Hmmmmmmmm...............

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 16, 2015, 08:06:13 am by wilts rover »
Are there other players out there who are better than Kyle Bennett? Would we offer them more money than we would offer Kyle Bennett?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 16, 2015, 08:11:49 am by coventryrover »
Portsmouth a nicer area than Donny? Have you been? It's a shithole!!

But anyway, back on topic. Surely the only reason he would drop down to a League 2 is if he's been offered a better contract than we've offered him. All footballers are, in general, mercenary.
I think he's improved this last season. Will we sign anyone better? Hmmmmmmmm...............

So Iwas  working with a civils company who were alright.  Another civils company offered me £5kextra to join them.  thinking about my family and mortgage I took it.  Guess most of us are mercenaries

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 16, 2015, 08:54:40 am by southwestexile »
And he's going to get more game time

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 16, 2015, 09:04:52 am by watto-drfc »
Portsmouth are close to completing a deal for Kyle Bennett.

The 24-year-old winger, whose contract at Doncaster expires next month, held talks with new Pompey boss Paul Cook on Thursday.

Those discussions were positive and Bennett is now in line to become Cook’s first signing since quitting Chesterfield to take over at Fratton Park.

Cook was introduced to the media yesterday and confirmed he had already met with Bennett.

“I won’t comment on other club’s players, but the good thing is Kyle is out of contract and is a player we are after,” said Cook.

“He is somebody I think our supporters will love. He’s a good age, has football intelligence, can score a goal and is one on our radar.

“Kyle has been down in Portsmouth already, we met him on Thursday.

“He’s an outstanding player and one if we can get over the line can be everything that goes with being a Portsmouth player.”

Doncaster, it is thought, had been confident of keeping hold of Bennett. But should he opt to drop down a level to play in League Two it would represent something of a kick in the teeth for Rovers.

The former Bury man rebuilt his Rovers career over the last year and has just enjoyed his most consistent season to date, netting eight times and showing more of an appetite to track back.

Bennett had expressed a wish to stay at Doncaster but his relatively new status as a father will make securing a new deal a priority for him.

Last month he said: “Whatever happens in the summer happens. I’ll look forward to having a conversation with the gaffer. I want to stay. I’ve been here four years now and it’s like home to me.”

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 16, 2015, 09:14:21 am by IDM »
I would expect all our out of contract players to be looking at their options.  Sometimes a different club would give them a new start and be attractive for different reasons - location, first team opportunities, money etc.

In League 1 and 2 I think FFP balances wages vs turnover.  Pompey have a large regular support so may have a budget that allows them to compete with L1 teams for players..

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 16, 2015, 09:38:28 am by Superspy »
Haha, I love that "I won't comment on other club's players, but here are 4 or 5 comments about said player."

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 16, 2015, 09:49:49 am by Filo »
Not sure on the rules, but if he's been offered a contract here and rejected it, is he still at an age where we would be entitled to compensation?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 16, 2015, 10:00:57 am by bobjimwilly »
I honestly think he's been good this season, and it would be a shame to see him go.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 16, 2015, 10:07:56 am by drfchound »
I for one would be sad to see him go.
He had a good season in general and showed us what he can do.
No player plays well every week.
His 8 goals and many assists proved what he has to offer and at 24 he won't have reached his full potential yet.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 16, 2015, 10:10:53 am by DonnyOsmond »
Not sure on the rules, but if he's been offered a contract here and rejected it, is he still at an age where we would be entitled to compensation?

Nope. A year too old.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 16, 2015, 10:14:24 am by DonnyOsmond »
We've known what league we'll be in for week, why has it taken us this long to look at players contracts yet again? Why do we constantly lose our better players on free transfers like Green, Spurr, Bennett, etc.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 16, 2015, 10:23:45 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Haha, I love that "I won't comment on other club's players, but here are 4 or 5 comments about said player."

steve bruce is the best "i won't ............" but then in the next sentence does exactly what he won't

amazed he is still at hull someone must have superglued his ar$e

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 16, 2015, 10:26:56 am by Colemans Left Hook »
We've known what league we'll be in for week, why has it taken us this long to look at players contracts yet again? Why do we constantly lose our better players on free transfers like Green, Spurr, Bennett, etc.

haven't rovers consistently nicked players from Oldham   wellens furman -- must be more

you "nic" anf get "nicked" (except rovers to dingles is one way traffic)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 16, 2015, 10:29:03 am by drfchound »
Donny, in Greenies case, he wasn't prepared to discuss he soon to end contract until after the Wembley final.
Didnt Spurr go during the failed takeover talks and get fed up of waiting?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 16, 2015, 10:34:36 am by GazLaz »
Negotiation have been going on for a while. Players choice if they want to leave.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 16, 2015, 11:43:56 am by bpoolrover »
Agree with Gaz,it's all about the money and rightly so

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 16, 2015, 12:00:03 pm by GazLaz »
What this confirms is what we already pretty much know, that the clubs ambitions aren't what they were. Moderate players don't want to stay here because they can see a lack of ambition.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 16, 2015, 12:15:22 pm by Askern_reds »
sorry but disagree if the club ad no ambition why woul pd talking to 11 players in one week, and one things for sure if I was playing pro no mater what the money if I thought I was that good my ambition would be to climb above not go down a div, 1 good season out of four dosent cut it with me

TinyPortal © 2005-2012