Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:22:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers finances  (Read 25220 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers finances
« Reply #60 on August 28, 2015, 10:33:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
SM,

I would say no thanks! But only because of my concern for being paid in full for it - NOT because of my concern for the future care of the car.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 28, 2015, 10:37:16 am by Filo »
SM,

I would say no thanks! But only because of my concern for being paid in full for it - NOT because of my concern for the future care of the car.

So you'd be happy for them to return the car, even though they may have run it into the ground, failed to carry out a service and generally left it in a state of disrepair making the car unsellable?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 28, 2015, 10:40:07 am by silent majority »
SM,

So you'd be happy for them to return the car, even though they may have run it into the ground, failed to carry out a service and generally left it in a state of disrepair making the car unsellable?

and borrowed money against it making sure that it carried a load of debt as well!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 28, 2015, 10:40:20 am by The Red Baron »
I'm not sure we've known about most for a while, all the players injured at the minute have played at least some of the first games or pre season.
Apart from n guessan

Keegan was struggling during pre-season, or at least that's what I assume. He played half a game at Frickley and then after Portugal he was held back. He then seems to have picked up an injury in training that has been worse than first thought.

Last season - or at least from February onwards - showed how crucial he is to the way we play. We didn't replace him last season and we haven't brought in cover for him this season.

I'd guess that with a fully fit Keegan we'd have more than 3 points from a possible 12.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 28, 2015, 10:55:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
SM,

Return the car? Why? Would it be my responsibility? Would it be my concern?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 28, 2015, 10:59:16 am by Filo »
SM,

Return the car? Why? Would it be my responsibility? Would it be my concern?

In the event that they defaulted on the payments

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 28, 2015, 11:04:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
Eh? I would demand cash up front! THAT would be my only concern! I wouldn't make out that I wanted cash up front purely because of my concern for the cars future! I would tell the truth, that I wanted rid of the car and I wanted cash for it!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 28, 2015, 12:19:20 pm by silent majority »
But that's just you.

What if the car was a classic car with a long and historical tradition, furthermore you are charged with its well being as it, in part, belongs to the local community who treasure it, who pay money to view it and regard it as the focal part of the community.

With that extra responsibility, and you were a philanthropist at heart who has accepted that you will never see your money again, would you make the right decision for the community?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 28, 2015, 12:43:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Andy, if you want what's best for the club then you have to be concerned who the owner is. How can you just hope that its a guy who has billions? Mike Ashley for example? Or would you be happy with a hedge fund company? Or even a fictitious bunch of celebrities?

Now that was a good one, how to hoodwink the supporters in one easy fashion!

I get what you're saying but my point was it's about the person's actions not who they are.  JR was a numpty half the time with what he said but he was doing the right things for years (until his later periods where he didn't so much).

Clearly I wouldn't be happy with a hedge fund or ficititious people, but if it's real then I'd judge the people on their merits.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 28, 2015, 12:48:05 pm by silent majority »
Of course Andy, actions do count, more so than personality. But we have to start somewhere, and far too many owners of football clubs have professed to do the right thing and then done the opposite.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 28, 2015, 01:21:44 pm by acko »
everyone knows SM you have a down against JR and you consider bramhall and Watson to be godlike in the running of the rovers,you always come up with I know best attitude weather its JR OR LT and now the press media.people are now getting fed up with the board and their silly ideas,the VSC are a very small band who give the impression they represent the majority of supporters .they don't.Im not going into argueing with you SM been warned not to,hope to have privalage of meeting you face to face at the next owners meeting

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 28, 2015, 01:23:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Andy, if you want what's best for the club then you have to be concerned who the owner is. How can you just hope that its a guy who has billions? Mike Ashley for example? Or would you be happy with a hedge fund company? Or even a fictitious bunch of celebrities?

Now that was a good one, how to hoodwink the supporters in one easy fashion!

I get what you're saying but my point was it's about the person's actions not who they are.  JR was a numpty half the time with what he said but he was doing the right things for years (until his later periods where he didn't so much).

Clearly I wouldn't be happy with a hedge fund or ficititious people, but if it's real then I'd judge the people on their merits.

And you might like to ask yourself who was it that uncovered that it was a hedge fund involved when it wasn't made obvious? It certainly wasn't JR, in fact a lot of his hostility towards a certain organisation seems to have stemmed from the time of the truth being exposed and he didn't get his own way.  A lot of people seem to forget that and have come up with the conclusion that the organisation in question exposed the truth not as being in the best interests of the club but instead as some sort of personal vendetta against JR. I wonder who might have given them the impression that that was the case..?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 28, 2015, 01:24:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
everyone knows SM you have a down against JR and you consider bramhall and Watson to be godlike in the running of the rovers

Really? I don't and it appears I know SM much better than you.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 28, 2015, 01:43:04 pm by albie »
The reason for the opening post was that there is a "Meet the Owners" event soon.

Some have said they think that the money spent on the squad is not sufficient. I thought we better have some figures and then any questions on this will be better informed.

So we know what was put in last season from the accounts. We also know what the others in the Championship have been spending when we were there.

Simple then. Tell Terry and Dick what you think they should spend this year to give it a good go. Let them know what it would be reasonable to spend to keep us up.

Until people decide what "enough" is we are just going round in circles.

A straight answer from the horses mouth next week. It is not about JR this and JR that. He has left the club.

I am glad acko is going even though he is now Hull.
Tell Terry and Dick what you think the spend should be and why?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 28, 2015, 01:49:08 pm by acko »
everytime JRs mentioned on here glynn SM always comes up with negatives never the positives JR did for this club.you and the vsc keep saying bramhall and Watson and blount have the interest of the rovers at heart and bringing stability to the club please show the proof of this,they have now been in charge without JR for two years now in that time relegation from championship mid table position in league one and less than positive start to this season,purchase of the rugby team resulted in one win all season,no evidence given of club Doncaster being the money earner it said it would, wont even say how many people signed up to it,season tickets down there doesn't seem many positives at all.cant all be dickovs fault and if it is only the board can do something about that.the current owners wanted the accolades for taking this club to the championship with JR ,but the decline as all been jrs and dickovs fault.they should stand up and admit they've made big mistakes they would be better thought of.because the unrest is waiting to burst open

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 28, 2015, 02:09:42 pm by Rovers Return »
everyone knows SM you have a down against JR and you consider bramhall and Watson to be godlike in the running of the rovers,you always come up with I know best attitude weather its JR OR LT and now the press media.people are now getting fed up with the board and their silly ideas,the VSC are a very small band who give the impression they represent the majority of supporters .they don't.Im not going into argueing with you SM been warned not to,hope to have privalage of meeting you face to face at the next owners meeting

God you post some utter shite and drivel!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 28, 2015, 02:12:56 pm by acko »
 I learnt that from you RR

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 28, 2015, 03:35:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
But that's just you.

What if the car was a classic car with a long and historical tradition, furthermore you are charged with its well being as it, in part, belongs to the local community who treasure it, who pay money to view it and regard it as the focal part of the community.

With that extra responsibility, and you were a philanthropist at heart who has accepted that you will never see your money again, would you make the right decision for the community?

In that case I would have to be convinced that the potential new owner had the right intentions for the cars future, and not just a question of if they've got the money in one lump, it's theirs.

In terms of the sale of Rovers to Sequentia, as I understand it TB and DW's main concern was that the latter demand couldn't be met.

To suggest that they still wouldn't have sold to Sequentia even had they provided the necessary funds in one go to buy the club, irrespective of any potential future detriment to the club, is pure conjecture.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 28, 2015, 04:09:44 pm by Yorkiered »
Thanks for the info SM. I was of the understanding that Mr Bramall was ready to accept the Sequentia deal, and it was a cash up front problem that stopped the deal going through, and not his concern for the future of the club.

However I only get my information from the news media, so I have to concede and trust that your personal involvement is more accurate than my account of it.

Certain parts of the media played a shockingly biased hand at the time and I'm sure they regret it, however that hasn't stopped them making the same mistakes.

A hypothetical question for you though BB. If you were selling a car to somebody and they agreed the asking price of, lets say £10k, but then they wanted to drive around in it for a month or two before they paid you, would you ask to see some money up front? And to complicate the deal further lets say they only wanted to give you £200 at that point, and then pay you £5k after year one and £4.8k after the second year what would you do?

Are you not applying double standards there SM?
You are not prepared to answer a hypothetical question but you ask one and expect a reply?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 28, 2015, 04:28:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
everytime JRs mentioned on here glynn SM always comes up with negatives never the positives

Pricking somebody's rose-tinted ill-informed view by stating the truth will always be seen as being negative. That's neither SM's nor my fault.

JR did do good things for the club, and I was as fully supportive of him then as you are now. Presumably his lying to lots of people (including the press and the supporters) in the last couple of years hasn't coloured your view of him as it has mine. I don't appreciate being lied to or about, I can't speak for how you feel about it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 28, 2015, 04:30:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Thanks for the info SM. I was of the understanding that Mr Bramall was ready to accept the Sequentia deal, and it was a cash up front problem that stopped the deal going through, and not his concern for the future of the club.

However I only get my information from the news media, so I have to concede and trust that your personal involvement is more accurate than my account of it.

Certain parts of the media played a shockingly biased hand at the time and I'm sure they regret it, however that hasn't stopped them making the same mistakes.

A hypothetical question for you though BB. If you were selling a car to somebody and they agreed the asking price of, lets say £10k, but then they wanted to drive around in it for a month or two before they paid you, would you ask to see some money up front? And to complicate the deal further lets say they only wanted to give you £200 at that point, and then pay you £5k after year one and £4.8k after the second year what would you do?

You are not prepared to answer a hypothetical question but you ask one and expect a reply?

Erm...how can anybody answer a hypothetical question regarding how someone else would react in a given situation? Can you?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 28, 2015, 04:39:31 pm by Yorkiered »

Erm...how can anybody answer a hypothetical question regarding how someone else would react in a given situation? Can you?

Depends on whether you want a hypothetical answer

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 28, 2015, 05:11:52 pm by acko »
I agree glynn I don't like being lied to neither, maybe that's why im against the board and ownership,telling people what a good budget the club as,the promise that the rugby team would be aiming for the super league,and the biggest saying they know what they are doing

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 28, 2015, 05:18:23 pm by wilts rover »
I agree glynn I don't like being lied to neither, maybe that's why im against the board and ownership,telling people what a good budget the club as,the promise that the rugby team would be aiming for the super league,and the biggest saying they know what they are doing

But John Ryan lying is fine with you then? Very strange. I should stick to your imaginary accountancy if I were you.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 28, 2015, 05:24:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »

The takeover went tits up because TB and DW requested full payment up front. To say that the deal still wouldn't have gone through irrespective of that because of doubts about the buyers intentions is pure conjecture. Like SM said, only TB and DW can answer that.

TB and DW have ever since received praise for their refusal to sell to them, which is surely praise based on a hypothetical situation?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 28, 2015, 05:28:02 pm by Yorkiered »

The takeover went tits up because TB and DW requested full payment up front. To say that the deal still wouldn't have gone through irrespective of that because of doubts about the buyers intentions is pure conjecture. Like SM said, only TB and DW can answer that.

TB and DW have ever since received praise for their refusal to sell to them, which is surely praise based on a hypothetical situation?

But that depends on which corner you sit in.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 28, 2015, 05:32:39 pm by wilts rover »

They have also received abuse for their refusal to sell to them, which is also abuse based on a hypothetical situation.

Why do you think it would have been a good sell Doncaster Rovers to people you knew didn't have a sufficient source of funding?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 28, 2015, 05:35:31 pm by Yorkiered »

They have also received abuse for their refusal to sell to them, which is also abuse based on a hypothetical situation.

Why do you think it would have been a good sell Doncaster Rovers to people you knew didn't have a sufficient source of funding?

I don't believe they did refuse to sell to them. My impression was that had they come up with the funds then the sale would have gone through.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 28, 2015, 05:36:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Not from me they haven't.
There you go again! Wilts rover, where have I said it would have been good to sell Doncaster Rovers to people I knew didn't have sufficient source of funding?

Are you being hypothetical?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 28, 2015, 05:49:03 pm by idler »
Possibly they knew that the funds were never going to be there and followed this path to prove it.
I don't know any more than anyone else and am just as frustrated as any other fan.
The problem is we can only comment on how it has panned out.
Nobody can say with any certainty what would have happened had the takeover gone through. Looking at Hull and Blackburn then it could have gone very wrong. Looking at Bournemouth at the minute maybe not so bad.
 Nobody compares us to Wigan or Brighton any more. These were the club's cites 2 or 3 seasons ago, let's look at their position now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012