Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:08:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kit Designers - Get Designing!  (Read 20764 times)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Re: Kit Designers - Get Designing!
« Reply #30 on January 13, 2016, 05:47:58 pm by WheatleyRover »
Yes lol thats the one i meant!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 13, 2016, 05:51:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Please no. Looks like they've been washed too hot.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 13, 2016, 06:20:17 pm by glosterred »
Why do the designs of the shirts need to change? Can we not just stick on the new manufactures logo on the existing design?

COYR

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 13, 2016, 06:28:05 pm by DRFC »
We've waited long enough, surely it's time to bring it back...

If ever there was a time to reprise that classic it's now. I'd buy two.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 13, 2016, 06:58:38 pm by idler »
I would stick to the hoops but with a retro collar in red, as for African Violet away.. well I remember going to Exeter for a Saturday night game when we got promoted in 66, all the way for a 0-0 and could not see anything because of the shirt colours plus we had been on Scrumpy in Torquay all day. I think that plain shirts do not sell very well because clubs see them as wearable with jeans etc in Summer months (probably under a raincoat)  football shirts now are a fashion thing and not just to identify people's choice of club I believe
I think that you might have your seasons mixed up Bally.
We played them 1968/69 and drew 0-0. I went down with John Barker and the plant lads by train. We went to Torquay then back to Exeter in the afternoon. We went in The Rising Sun I think it was. The landlady would only let us have 3 pints each as she said that the scrumpy was too strong.
We were stuck on the station for hours after the game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 13, 2016, 07:32:24 pm by RedJ »

Aye, it'd make grand fuel for the burner in this cold weather...

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 13, 2016, 07:33:47 pm by CrippyCooke »
Time for an away kit using this design:

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 13, 2016, 07:47:30 pm by deebee »
As I keep suggesting and it would be nice to see if anyone else agrees. Please can we have the stars back over the viking badge for all the promotion and cups we have won. Always looks good to show you have won something other clubs do it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 13, 2016, 08:35:31 pm by Campsall rover »

That is the worst hooped shirt we have had. Looks as though someone spilt paint on it.
Just my opinion.
Definitely keep white shorts though look much better as black shorts is too much like Sheff Utd

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 13, 2016, 08:37:34 pm by WheatleyRover »
Defo 90's that kit!!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 13, 2016, 09:26:09 pm by DRNaith »
I quite like this.....

Granada CF

I didn't realise that we're having a new badge too!

I like the design of the shirt but the dimensions make it look more like a dress.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 13, 2016, 09:55:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Something like this would be good. Minus the slash.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 13, 2016, 10:00:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Let's have collars next time please, much smarter.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 13, 2016, 11:34:08 pm by WheatleyRover »
Yes i would like a shirt with a collar, its about time we had one, i dont mind the white shirts looks smart, and we cant not have red and white hoops, aftet all we are the south yorkshire super hoops.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 13, 2016, 11:48:19 pm by tommy toes »
I would stick to the hoops but with a retro collar in red, as for African Violet away.. well I remember going to Exeter for a Saturday night game when we got promoted in 66, all the way for a 0-0 and could not see anything because of the shirt colours plus we had been on Scrumpy in Torquay all day. I think that plain shirts do not sell very well because clubs see them as wearable with jeans etc in Summer months (probably under a raincoat)  football shirts now are a fashion thing and not just to identify people's choice of club I believe
I think that you might have your seasons mixed up Bally.
We played them 1968/69 and drew 0-0. I went down with John Barker and the plant lads by train. We went to Torquay then back to Exeter in the afternoon. We went in The Rising Sun I think it was. The landlady would only let us have 3 pints each as she said that the scrumpy was too strong.
We were stuck on the station for hours after the game.
Must know you then idler as I wor ked at the plant with Barker.
Was in the Rising Sun. The scrumpy tasted like pop but when I got up to leave me legs wouldn't work.
I copped off with a Swedish girl after the game.
I think we slept in the Waiting room on Newton Abbot station that night. The Swede had gone home by then sadly.
What a weekend that was.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 14, 2016, 07:46:30 am by idler »
I went to school with Alex Andrews who was there.
Used to meet the plant lads on a Friday night in the Beehive. Bill Adams, Bill Summers was it (Boxer)? Grahame Parker, Hursty, Hidey, I also went to school with Tony Humphreys who ended up as a police inspector after leaving the plant.
They were good days.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 14, 2016, 09:52:24 am by PopStander »
Classic!

bally1950

« Reply #47 on January 14, 2016, 09:57:43 am by bally1950 »
Idler.

Thank you.  You have corrected me on that season being later. Never thought that we would not be allowed to get drink when only 16 years old.  Now you have also opened another line for me.. Alex Andrews - I have talked to many about Alex, but cannot remember where he worked or what happened to him. Yes I was on the same train as woof woof so would have been near you.

Tony Humphries a sparks at plant, well I was only talking about him yesterday to another Plant Lad - Pete Lakin. we were apprentices together and both joined the Police.  Tony actually ended up a  Superintendent at Thorne and was my boss when I was forced to retire.. I was crackers they said

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 14, 2016, 11:20:41 am by Drover »

That is the worst hooped shirt we have had. Looks as though someone spilt paint on it.
Just my opinion.
Definitely keep white shorts though look much better as black shorts is too much like Sheff Utd

The away strip that went with that kit(white shirt with red n green swirls across shoulder n hip) is one of my favourites,especially from that era,but most fans think it was one of the worse we'd had too.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:24:29 am by Drover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 14, 2016, 11:48:17 am by idler »
Idler.

Thank you.  You have corrected me on that season being later. Never thought that we would not be allowed to get drink when only 16 years old.  Now you have also opened another line for me.. Alex Andrews - I have talked to many about Alex, but cannot remember where he worked or what happened to him. Yes I was on the same train as woof woof so would have been near you.

Tony Humphries a sparks at plant, well I was only talking about him yesterday to another Plant Lad - Pete Lakin. we were apprentices together and both joined the Police.  Tony actually ended up a  Superintendent at Thorne and was my boss when I was forced to retire.. I was crackers they said
Tony is a great lad. He was at a home game with a couple of his daughters and family about three years ago. Me and him climbed over the wall at Belle Vue a couple of times.
I thought Alex was a draughtsman or book keeper or something but can't remember where. I think that the last time that I saw him was at Huddersfield about 1977 with his mates Tom and Tiny I think.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 14, 2016, 12:12:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
I've submitted my two suggestions. Home one based on that Grenada top Rob posted.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 14, 2016, 12:17:42 pm by knockers »
CIM
I think you have just won the competition with those two :scarf:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 14, 2016, 12:31:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
By the way, I've only put the nike tick on there because it looks best design wise. I hope the club consider where the shirts are manufactured (working conditions, pay etc.) when they choose their kit manufacturer.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 14, 2016, 12:48:22 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I've submitted my two suggestions. Home one based on that Grenada top Rob posted.

I like the 'button up' on the home shirt but would include the collar you've used for the away shirt otherwise, it's a 'buy one' from me!

bally1950

« Reply #54 on January 14, 2016, 01:15:53 pm by bally1950 »
idler.. Tks that would be Tom Beardsley and either Tim Dixon (Dotty) R.I.P. I believe or Geoff KIng who were always together. Tom in States.. Geoff I believe is in Heccy

bally1950

« Reply #55 on January 14, 2016, 01:17:06 pm by bally1950 »
Copps.  Yep I would buy the away shirt too.  Well Done I hope it gets the nod

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 14, 2016, 01:35:37 pm by Donnywolf »
Copps.  Yep I would buy the away shirt too.  Well Done I hope it gets the nod

Me too !

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 14, 2016, 02:02:18 pm by RoversAlias »
I really like both of those kits, despite not being big on the African Violet idea. Thing is, we'd need a third kit there wouldn't we for when we play certain teams? Scunthorpe for instance.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 14, 2016, 02:10:29 pm by DRFC »

Just my opinion.

The away strip that went with that kit(white shirt with red n green swirls across shoulder n hip) is one of my favourites,especially from that era,but most fans think it was one of the worse we'd had too.

Products of their time but I still like both. That time coinciding with me first going to Rovers with my mates rather than my dad probably helps too.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 14, 2016, 02:45:22 pm by coventryrover »

Just my opinion.

I love both of those kit.  Had both, still have the away somewhere

TinyPortal © 2005-2012