Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:05:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: After the first goal  (Read 21585 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
After the first goal
« on January 16, 2016, 05:42:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
What caused all the handbags after the first goal at the bottom of the south stand today?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: After the first goal
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2016, 05:53:41 pm by RobTheRover »
Someone had a word about all the flag waving.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2016, 05:55:24 pm by DaveDRFC »
Careful now.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2016, 05:56:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
Storm in a teacup.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2016, 05:57:35 pm by glosterred »
Don't suppose singing, if you wear a yellow jacket you're a Kitson, helped matters one little bit.

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2016, 05:59:43 pm by mushRTID »
An older gentleman went and challenged the flag waver. All a bit silly.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2016, 06:03:30 pm by i_ateallthepies »
If I'd had to move down to the front because of the standing I'd be right pissed off to have t**ts with 15-foot f**king flags obstructing my view all game.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2016, 06:06:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
Was it all game?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2016, 06:06:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Ban flags, ban noise, ban excitement, ban standing, ban beer. Bring in seats with soft fluffy pillows on.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2016, 06:06:49 pm by mushRTID »
All game?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2016, 06:08:03 pm by coventryrover »
Am sorry...no I am not.  The old bloke should sit elsewhere.  There are so many other places to chose from.  Why do some folks always have to put a downer on positive initiatives?  Is it just a Donny trait once you go past the age of 50?

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2016, 06:08:21 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
We're the black bank, like it or lump it. We're here to stay! Up the rovers

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2016, 06:08:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If I'd had to move down to the front because of the standing I'd be right pissed off to have t**ts with 15-foot f***ing flags obstructing my view all game.

Sold out today rammed in the south stand. Feel for those who had to move the front as there was no seats available any where other than the front 2 rows.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2016, 06:10:12 pm by mushRTID »
Am sorry...no I am not.  The old bloke should sit elsewhere.  There are so many other places to chose from.  Why do some folks always have to put a downer on positive initiatives?  Is it just a Donny trait once you go past the age of 50?

Totally agree. We were 2 nil down the lads were trying to create a bit of atmosphere. I didn't see the Stewart goal properly because of a flag but shit happens. Well done to the lad for standing up for himself and the blackbank.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 16, 2016, 06:10:45 pm by Copps is Magic »
Some people have got so used to sitting there in silence they now believe they have a 'right' to do so.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 16, 2016, 06:12:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
What did all these namby pamby sissys do at Belle Vue?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 16, 2016, 06:13:52 pm by hoolahoop »

Careful coventry , I'm both over 50 and a member of the BB.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 16, 2016, 06:17:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It was almost like he has gone down to the bottom and said stop having fun at the Keepmoat you lot and get sat in your seat.

Don't need fans like that. These flags have been up for a couple of months today but you decide to sit yourself where they will be but don't like them.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 16, 2016, 06:29:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Why not just wave the flags a bit further back though? Seems strange to do it at the front?  Whether people should grumble or not a bit of courtesy harms nobody.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 16, 2016, 06:30:18 pm by stuey »
If I'd had to move down to the front because of the standing I'd be right pissed off to have t**ts with 15-foot f***ing flags obstructing my view all game.

You sound like a right barrel of laughs

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 16, 2016, 06:35:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why did they stand right at the front waving them though?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 16, 2016, 06:39:48 pm by Copps is Magic »
The point is to try and get the whole stand going.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 16, 2016, 06:40:47 pm by hoolahoop »

100 % AGREED . Moaning old git there were many places to sit if he had a problem with it. The stewards should have pointed that out to him.

I.E. Move you are in a standing area of the BLACK BANK , it's bloody pathetic

Totally agree. We were 2 nil down the lads were trying to create a bit of atmosphere. I didn't see the Stewart goal properly because of a flag but shit happens. Well done to the lad for standing up for himself and the blackbank.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 16, 2016, 06:45:12 pm by drfchound »
Was it all game?

I thought the flags at the front helped to create a fantastic atmosphere and I bet it transmitted into the pitch.
They looked superb.
I can understand why people would get upset though if they cod t see though.
I thought the stewards seemed to be a bit heavy handed.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 16, 2016, 06:47:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The Black Bank was great again today however, there is an issue here if peoples views are being restricted.

Just needs a bit of common sense and everyone can enjoy the game. 

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 16, 2016, 07:36:02 pm by donnyvikings »
Can I just point something out 'Coventryrover'
If some elderly man (who can't walk up a rake of steps) has to sit lower down in the stadium,  and gets himself settled with whatever view of the game ha can.......why after 20 minutes of the game should the old bloke 'sit elsewhere' just to suit someone flag waving? He paid his money too you know! Why doesn't the 'able bodied' flag waver use some common sense, and a little courtesy to his fellow Rover. ....and go and wave is flag somewhere else in the south stand?
As you state.....there are 'plenty more places to sit'. I'm sure that there would be more than enough space for you or whoever it was to wave their flag.
Don't get me wrong here....the flags, the Black Bank are spectacular.  But let's have a little courtesy and less of the 'F@ck off elsewhere if you can't see' attitude!' There was more than enough space to move out of the old fellas way.....surely?
Remember also-a lot of grounds don't even allow flags with 'sticks' so we need to be thankful.
Were All Rovers.....don't forget that! 
Rant over. 😕

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 16, 2016, 08:40:20 pm by Metalmicky »
Totally agree with you donnyvikings - it's not, and should not be Black Bank or bust.
Room for all and a little consideration to others, whether they be young, old, singers or otherwise should be given....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 16, 2016, 08:42:25 pm by drfchound »
Don't suppose singing, if you wear a yellow jacket you're a Kitson, helped matters one little bit.

COYR

That was after they got a bit too strong armed though gloster.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 16, 2016, 08:43:41 pm by wesisback »
I know the flag waver in question and he's one of the most positive Rovers fans I've ever come across - one of those types that believes even when we go 4-0 down that we'll always come back. His passion and continuous belief has been a driving force with Black Bank from the very start, he was one ot the first of the West Stand lads to buy in that Black Bank would work.
Naturally we don't want to upset anyone who is in the South and wants to take part in the atmosphere, as Hoola has pointed out, there's no age limit on Black Bank, those that are unable to stand for 90 minutes should be able to take part as much as those that can and we need to make sure it's inclusive to every demographic.
I wasn't there today but I would assume that the flag wasn't being waved all game but would have made an appearance when we needed to rally the fans and gee them back up to spur the team on and it would appear that it had another positive influence (James Coppinger said as such in his post game interview). We'll debrief over the next few days as we do after every game on how we can improve Black Bank further and decide if something needs doing with the flags at the front. However on first hearing of the issue it would seem that we've become a victim of a more and more full South Stand and I'm chuffed to bits that these are the issues we're having to pick up as a result of it.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 16, 2016, 08:44:53 pm by glosterred »

COYR

That was after they got a bit too strong armed though gloster.

Still don't think it helped matters

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012