Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:45:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: After the first goal  (Read 21583 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: After the first goal
« Reply #120 on January 19, 2016, 01:18:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We only drew because of the flags.

:woot:

ok, even if your mad theory was remotely accurate, are you saying we only drew because the flags were waved during play??

It had nothing to do with the desire to win and 2 perfectly placed finishes. No doubt Fergie has 3 people waving flags in training this week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 19, 2016, 01:19:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Also Cameron Stewart said when he took his free kick he used the corner of the flag as to where to start the ball before it dipped over the wall. Up the flag waving.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 19, 2016, 01:24:29 pm by Sad-Rovers »
It's called moderation. That thread offered nothing positive.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 19, 2016, 01:34:14 pm by Yorkiered »
There goes a man without the moral courage to admit when he's wrong.

Read the thread and then tell me on the evidence posted on this forum what I have to admit to being wrong about.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on January 19, 2016, 01:38:51 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Quote from: Popstander
some people want the BB to fail, tell me I'm wrong...

Quote from: Wellred
You are wrong.

Quote from: SadRovers
(Loads of examples of people wanting Black Bank to fail)

Show me what I'm wrong about

even you have to admit being wrong / misinformed from time to time. Don't turn into Bob.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:26:32 pm by Forum Admin »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 19, 2016, 01:41:31 pm by wing commander »
 Is it to do with the unrestricted seating change Sad rather than anything personal against the bb do you think??? I can remember going down the hut at belle vue with the big map of the new stadium in it and picking our groups seats..We are still in them now in the west...Some people maybe got the hump because they were told they couldn't reserve them anymore..but like I said earlier when you change the ethos of a stand it takes time to acclimatise and no doubt there will be other bumps along the way...Like anything else in life,in a year or so people will find there place

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 19, 2016, 01:45:07 pm by Sad-Rovers »
A lot of people lumped in Black Bank and Unreserved seating together, what with them coming at the same time.

Personally I'd not tell a stranger to f**k off of trying to give me a leaflet about a bunch of lads singing at football or act a prick by scrunching one up and throwing it in someones face. But then never underestimate how self centered and mardy some Rovers fans can be. This thread being a case in point.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 19, 2016, 01:47:56 pm by Yorkiered »
Quote from: Popstander
some people want the BB to fail, tell me I'm wrong...

Question asked

You are wrong.

Answer given

Quote from: SadRovers
(Loads of examples of people wanting Black Bank to fail)

Statement made

Show me what I'm wrong about

Simple question asked

I know you're a belligerent f***er Wellred (I should know, being one myself) but even you have to admit being wrong / misinformed from time to time. Don't turn into Bob.

Argghhhhhhhh you can have my apology if it means you don't put me in the same bracket as him.  :(

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 19, 2016, 01:51:24 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Ha! It's not me you need to be apologising to, big lad.

Anyway, far be it from me to advocate moderation but this thread really is the pits. Let's just all agree I'm right (as usual) and move on.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 19, 2016, 03:28:42 pm by PopStander »
Sorry Yorkiered, I've had work to do. I'm not singling out anyone, but you can't tell me any slip up people don't accuse the BB or say 'it's all those kids'. I'm not wrong because there is proof on every thread about the BB.

Cheers for the apology too.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on January 19, 2016, 06:00:02 pm by wilts rover »
Any slip up? What like Curtis Main's headers or the lack of ball boys/girls (or whatever we are supposed to call them) - I think you are getting a touch paranoid Popstander.

People pointing out issues and problems with the BB is exactly that. It doesnt mean they want it to fail - just an acceptence there has been a problem that requires sorting.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would want the BB to fail. I can easily accept that people were angry about the manner it was set up, were sceptical about it succeeding and even now with its success dont want to sit in the SS - but again that is not 'wanting it to fail'.

The examples Sad-Rovers has quoted seem to be from either before the BB was set-up or at least in its very early days. He or yourself might know better but after all the positive praise you have had from the club, the players, this forum and even DFP I cant believe there is anyone now who would want the BB to fail. And I would be very disappointed if there was.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012