Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:45:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: After the first goal  (Read 21584 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Re: After the first goal
« Reply #30 on January 16, 2016, 08:55:31 pm by philsky »

This is just a joke.

The first time in my memory we actually have a group together helping build some atmosphere.

We all need to get behind this type of initiative.

I thought the flags coming out at 2-0 and the increase in volume is precisely what the team needs when it's not going well - the fans didn't get the team 2 goals back but I'm sure they were encouraged with our continued noise in support

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 16, 2016, 08:59:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Can I just point something out 'Coventryrover'
If some elderly man (who can't walk up a rake of steps) has to sit lower down in the stadium,  and gets himself settled with whatever view of the game ha can.......why after 20 minutes of the game should the old bloke 'sit elsewhere' just to suit someone flag waving? He paid his money too you know! Why doesn't the 'able bodied' flag waver use some common sense, and a little courtesy to his fellow Rover. ....and go and wave is flag somewhere else in the south stand?
As you state.....there are 'plenty more places to sit'. I'm sure that there would be more than enough space for you or whoever it was to wave their flag.
Don't get me wrong here....the flags, the Black Bank are spectacular.  But let's have a little courtesy and less of the 'F@ck off elsewhere if you can't see' attitude!' There was more than enough space to move out of the old fellas way.....surely?
Remember also-a lot of grounds don't even allow flags with 'sticks' so we need to be thankful.
Were All Rovers.....don't forget that! 
Rant over. 😕

He was quick to 'jog' back up to his chair 7 or 8 rows up.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 16, 2016, 08:59:52 pm by coventryrover »
Can I just point something out 'Coventryrover'
If some elderly man (who can't walk up a rake of steps) has to sit lower down in the stadium,  and gets himself settled with whatever view of the game ha can.......why after 20 minutes of the game should the old bloke 'sit elsewhere' just to suit someone flag waving? He paid his money too you know! Why doesn't the 'able bodied' flag waver use some common sense, and a little courtesy to his fellow Rover. ....and go and wave is flag somewhere else in the south stand?
As you state.....there are 'plenty more places to sit'. I'm sure that there would be more than enough space for you or whoever it was to wave their flag.
Don't get me wrong here....the flags, the Black Bank are spectacular.  But let's have a little courtesy and less of the 'F@ck off elsewhere if you can't see' attitude!' There was more than enough space to move out of the old fellas way.....surely?
Remember also-a lot of grounds don't even allow flags with 'sticks' so we need to be thankful.
Were All Rovers.....don't forget that! 
Rant over. 😕

He soon jumped up to complain though didn't he!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 16, 2016, 09:18:19 pm by adamtherover »
If I'd had to move down to the front because of the standing I'd be right pissed off to have t**ts with 15-foot f***ing flags obstructing my view all game.

Sold out today rammed in the south stand. Feel for those who had to move the front as there was no seats available any where other than the front 2 rows.
You sure.. I was 4 rows.from the back one block to the right of the middle.and there was no one in front or behind me for 6 or 7 seats width..

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 16, 2016, 09:28:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If I'd had to move down to the front because of the standing I'd be right pissed off to have t**ts with 15-foot f***ing flags obstructing my view all game.

Sold out today rammed in the south stand. Feel for those who had to move the front as there was no seats available any where other than the front 2 rows.
You sure.. I was 4 rows.from the back one block to the right of the middle.and there was no one in front or behind me for 6 or 7 seats width..

I was being sarcastic. But you highlight the point well there was seats everywhere today.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 17, 2016, 12:36:03 am by Copps is Magic »
I'm all for being inclusive but lets try and stick to facts, the guy who complained didn't have any major mobility difficulties. The flags were waved for around 10 mins when the atmosphere was dead, not all game.

I thought the atmosphere was spontaneous and positive on the the whole.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 17, 2016, 12:57:49 am by Al4475 »
Agreed Copps it was good when that got going.

But the guy who was asked to stop flag waving/move on to allow others to see - whatever he was asked seemed to be get very irate and aggressive towards a fellow rover the -  fella who was asking him to accommodate others - and there's no need for that!

On the flip side the guy who was trying to get him to move (or whatever) was an older gent with slight mobility problems but he too looked like he'd got irate and aggressive and really wasn't helping those around him who he was acting on behalf of.

Six of one and all that - but does it really need what looked like a decent sized gang of 16-20 year olds to intimidate an older Rover back to where he's sat because he wants to the see the game?

This then led to the Stewards getting ready to wade in and the subsequent, 'If you wear an orange jacket ...' song which also probably helps no-one even if it's wholeheartedly agreed with.

All very unsavoury and could've been avoided by two fellow rovers fans at least showing a bit of empathy for each others' situation!

Whether that be the older chap sitting elsewhere, the younger fella and his mates moving a bit higher up the stand to wave and get everyone going - it coulda been diffused better before the fellas in orange started congregating around the area.

I hope the flag waver has no sanctions for his removal, but I also hope the older fella feels no satisfaction in helping to get a like-minded fan removed!

The BB is an awesome piece of work that is evolving very very well - but as someone else said further up the thread it's not and should not be BB or bust and should be very much a place where there is room for all who want to be there and a little consideration is given to others - on both sides of the coin, whether they be young, old, singers, standers, sitters, flag-wavers, quiet analysts or raving loonies!

Let it evolve but show some consideration for others - and likewise those who go in there expecting to sit in a morgue and enjoy the game - show some consideration for  others too especially those that have made (and continue to make) the BB what it is becoming!

ALL ROVERS! END OF! Surely the ground is big enough for everyone to get what they want from a game?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:31:56 am by Al4475 »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 17, 2016, 08:03:29 am by Filo »
One question, was the bloke sat/stood in the "core area" and was the flag waver waving the flag in the "core area"

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 17, 2016, 08:34:21 am by Al4475 »
I think the bloke was sat in the section of the stand where the ER is in the word Doncaster and the flag waver was standing down at the front almost directly behind the goal!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 17, 2016, 09:33:56 am by Filo »
I think the bloke was sat in the section of the stand where the ER is in the word Doncaster and the flag waver was standing down at the front almost directly behind the goal!

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, While the Black Bank is a great initiative and credit goes to the guys behind it, but there are problems that need ironing out. When the Black Bank was in it's infancy concerns were raised about people wishing to sit not being able to see for the people standing up. Those people were told in no uncertain terms to go down to the front if they wanted to sit, they were labelled boring, thats what appears to have happened and all was going well until the giant flag wavers appeared right at the front, well in front of the "core area" that was publicised before the Stoke game. The giant flag wavers are fine pre game and at half time, but during the game the flag wavers should retreat to the front row of the "core area" so as not to ompede the view of those wishing to sit that were told to go and sit there if they wanted to see the game unobstructed, now those same ppeople are being told to go and sit in other parts of the ground, how many more times do they need to move?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 17, 2016, 09:41:51 am by DRNaith »
The intimidation is rife on here too, to defend the current position we immediately get the toys thrown out with things like "shall we just go back to silence " etc... It doesn't really help a discussion between the grown ups, does it?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 17, 2016, 11:06:29 am by wesisback »

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, While the Black Bank is a great initiative and credit goes to the guys behind it, but there are problems that need ironing out. When the Black Bank was in it's infancy concerns were raised about people wishing to sit not being able to see for the people standing up. Those people were told in no uncertain terms to go down to the front if they wanted to sit, they were labelled boring, thats what appears to have happened and all was going well until the giant flag wavers appeared right at the front, well in front of the "core area" that was publicised before the Stoke game. The giant flag wavers are fine pre game and at half time, but during the game the flag wavers should retreat to the front row of the "core area" so as not to ompede the view of those wishing to sit that were told to go and sit there if they wanted to see the game unobstructed, now those same ppeople are being told to go and sit in other parts of the ground, how many more times do they need to move?
We debrief every week after a home game and discuss any issues that have arisen. These have included standing on the stair well, the banners, Pyro etc etc and we've worked with the club to resolve these or suggest ways of handling it. This issue will no doubt be discussed this week but my feelings at present are that in an unreserved stand with an attendance of 6000 there should not he a shock that the big wavers will be present at the front of the stand at some point in the game, as they have for numerous games this season and an appropriate seat should be chosen based on that.
Nobody has been labelled as boring for sitting down the front, nor are they being told to move stands. If they're in the South they are there for a reason, whether it's cost or wanting to partake in the atmosphere. However there would have been more than enough empty seats in that stand yesterday to move into.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 17, 2016, 11:53:37 am by Copps is Magic »
DRNaith, personally speaking, I would find it very difficult to have a so-called 'adult' conversation on here (or with certain people who post here) while there is so much mis-information, hyperbole and moralising content posted. If this is what passes for grown-up discussion in your mind then it's not something I'd personally want get involved in.

The people who organise the flags and banners for the BB are pretty much known to a lot of people by now. If you have a genuine desire and concern to improve the support of the club just come and talk to one of them/us on match day and I think the response you will receive will be surprisingly pleasant and cooperative.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 17, 2016, 12:28:35 pm by Sad-Rovers »
The problem with social media / forums is that even the slightest confrontation is amplified, examined, scrutinised to death.

I'm fairly sure this isn't the first time two fans have had a slanging match, I'm fairly sure it won't be the last. No punches thrown, the relevant people on all sides know the score and I'm sure lessons will be learnt, yadda yadda.

This thread offers nothing positive, could it be locked please.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 17, 2016, 05:38:22 pm by DRNaith »
DRNaith, personally speaking, I would find it very difficult to have a so-called 'adult' conversation on here (or with certain people who post here) while there is so much mis-information, hyperbole and moralising content posted. If this is what passes for grown-up discussion in your mind then it's not something I'd personally want get involved in.

The people who organise the flags and banners for the BB are pretty much known to a lot of people by now. If you have a genuine desire and concern to improve the support of the club just come and talk to one of them/us on match day and I think the response you will receive will be surprisingly pleasant and cooperative.

What part of what I wrote did you think I was saying any part of this was grown up?

My observation was one of the blowing up of an opinion to fight or destroy a corner.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 17, 2016, 06:18:59 pm by Yorkiered »
No doubt this will upset some on here but it seems to me that SOME FANS seem to think they can change the rules each week to suit themselves.
Don't get me wrong I think the BB initiative is tremendous but...........
Firstly the South Stand was changed this season to non reserved seating to accommodate the BB. That upset some season ticket holders who couldn't be guaranteed the seats they had for years.
Second an area was designated for fans to stand etc etc. It was agreed that this would be towards the back so nobody would be upset by fans standing in front of them, so some older fans who like to sit behind the goal had to move to the front.
Third fans are now being told to move if they don't want to be sat behind large waving flags during the game.
What next? Sorry you will have to move to the west or east stand if you don't like us upsetting your view?
It seems all a bit one sided to me.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 17, 2016, 06:41:46 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Well maybe when the Black Bank was created it was expected that only 4 rows of one block of the South Stand would have been needed. Turns out that 100s and 100s. Probably towards a 1000 in the south stand at the Stoke game want to stand up at football matches now.

It doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are upset about lots of people wanting to have fun this season on this forum.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 17, 2016, 06:49:05 pm by Yorkiered »
Well maybe when the Black Bank was created it was expected that only 4 rows of one block of the South Stand would have been needed. Turns out that 100s and 100s. Probably towards a 1000 in the south stand at the Stoke game want to stand up at football matches now.

It doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are upset about lots of people wanting to have fun this season on this forum.

Exactly what I expected.

Nothing like twisting the facts is there.
4 rows of one block? Was so much effort put in expecting to only have a take up of 4 rows?
Nobody is upset about fans wanting to have fun far from it.
It seems your attitude though is "I am going to have fun no matter who I upset" Its all about you isn't it Padge?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 17, 2016, 06:54:58 pm by Copps is Magic »
No ones being told to move anywhere. I just think it's a case of common sense really. The bloke in question could have just moved to any of the 300 empty seats that surrounded him. That was the ironic thing. Twice this season I've lost my seat by going to the concourse at half time. I just exercised my common sense and found another. I notice many people moving around during the games nowadays so its to be expected. My old man doesn't really like to get involved in all BB stuff for most games but still likes to sit (SIT) behind the goal - so he moves one block to the right and sits half way up. Never had any problems with his view. Again, common sense on his part. I think this is all par for the course with unallocated seating.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 17, 2016, 06:55:25 pm by Sad-Rovers »
There was sufficient consideration put in at the start for growth.

Did anyone read my earlier post about over analysis? Anyone at all?

Two grown men had a heated argument. All sorted within 5 minutes at the ground yet here we are, over 24h later....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 17, 2016, 07:00:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Sad, what are your views on the flag-wavers right at the front, thus restricting the view of others sat behind them?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 17, 2016, 07:06:06 pm by Metalmicky »

You're missing (or delerately ignoring) the point and making yourself look a bit stupid to boot....
Comments like yours create a divide and risk alienation of the BB.  Your comments and narcissistic attitude cause unnecessary friction and do neither you or the BB any credit....

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 17, 2016, 07:09:38 pm by Sad-Rovers »
In my opinion there should be a certain amount of give and take, BB.

Having seen the bloke in question leap down a dozen steps and shove the flag waver his mobility certainly wasn't an issue, why didn't he either use that mobility and move a couple of seats or go and speak to a steward, you know, the people paid to deal with issues like this?

But, until I finally lead this revolt and the country is under my benevolent dictatorship it's just that, an opinion.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 17, 2016, 07:12:06 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Why should Padges comments reflect badly on the Black Bank, MM?

When posters on here talk b*llocks does that reflect badly on the VSC? When someone rings Football Heaven to slate our players does that reflect badly on the club?

Padge has his opinions, you have yours.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 17, 2016, 07:18:40 pm by Copps is Magic »

Agreed. If flags were consistently blocking people's views that wouldn't be on at all. Ten minutes of spontaneous and collective flag waving to try and gee up the support as a whole (which it did) I find much acceptable and almost a natural part of supporting the team.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 17, 2016, 07:22:36 pm by Al4475 »
My stepson loves everything about the bb and doesn't want to sit/stand anywhere else and that's amazing but he was upset the other week because as he went to the loo someone jumped into the place where he (and his younger sister) had occupied and was then told 'tough shit it's unreserved seating - go elsewhere!' He did and was gutted that the pair of 'em weren't able to get back amongst it. He told me he felt intimidated and worried for my stepdaughter (she's 12 I he's just 17) - a little bit of give and take would have made him feel a tad better! Thankfully both of them return again and again!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 17, 2016, 07:24:21 pm by Yorkiered »

Agreed. If flags were consistently blocking people's views that wouldn't be on at all. Ten minutes of spontaneous and collective flag waving to try and gee up the support as a whole (which it did) I find much acceptable and almost a natural part of supporting the team.

Just a thought but if you was sat behind that big flag being waved and blocking your view for 10 minutes and we scored what would you think?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 17, 2016, 07:25:12 pm by Metalmicky »
Why should Padges comments reflect badly on the Black Bank, MM?

When posters on here talk b*llocks does that reflect badly on the VSC? When someone rings Football Heaven to slate our players does that reflect badly on the club?

Padge has his opinions, you have yours.

So saying......
"It doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are upset about lots of people wanting to have fun this season on this forum"... isn't a tad antagonistic and unnecessary then...?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 17, 2016, 07:26:17 pm by IDM »
It's a bit late now but the idea of unreserved seating in the SS, BB or not, could have started on day 1 at the KM, then no one would have ever needed to move at all..

We used to manage in the pop side at BV didn't we?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 17, 2016, 07:26:49 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Just a thought but if you was sat behind that big flag being waved and blocking your view for 10 minutes and we scored what would you think?

Happened to me twice this season, hasn't it, Copps is Magic?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012