Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:44:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: After the first goal  (Read 21586 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: After the first goal
« Reply #60 on January 17, 2016, 07:27:20 pm by IDM »
As for losing your space at half time, just ask those nearby to spread out and/or save your space?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 17, 2016, 07:29:18 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Why should Padges comments reflect badly on the Black Bank, MM?

When posters on here talk b*llocks does that reflect badly on the VSC? When someone rings Football Heaven to slate our players does that reflect badly on the club?

Padge has his opinions, you have yours.

So saying......
"It doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are upset about lots of people wanting to have fun this season on this forum"... isn't a tad antagonistic and unnecessary then...?

A little, yes although I do see his point. But that doesn't mean it's somehow the word of the Black Bank (even if there was such a thing) does it and it does you a bit of a disservice to suggest so.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 17, 2016, 07:33:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Sad,
 I'm glad you agree that there should be a certain amount of give and take, so do I, but I don't think there was much of it shown by the flag wavers at the front!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 17, 2016, 07:37:19 pm by Al4475 »
Neil, has the ejected(?) flag waver been dealt with unwarranted repurcusions do you know? I hope not - that would be incredibly harsh!

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 17, 2016, 07:42:51 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Neil, has the ejected(?) flag waver been dealt with unwarranted repurcusions do you know? I hope not - that would be incredibly harsh!

He wasn't ejected, I asked him to come into the concourse with me to get to the bottom of it. Nothing more.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 17, 2016, 07:47:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
In my opinion there should be a certain amount of give and take, BB.

Agreed. If flags were consistently blocking people's views that wouldn't be on at all. Ten minutes of spontaneous and collective flag waving to try and gee up the support as a whole (which it did) I find much acceptable and almost a natural part of supporting the team.

Just a thought but if you was sat behind that big flag being waved and blocking your view for 10 minutes and we scored what would you think?

Happened to me twice this season, hasn't it, Copps is Magic?

Wouldn't know anything about that.  :whistle:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 17, 2016, 07:50:22 pm by Metalmicky »

When posters on here talk b*llocks does that reflect badly on the VSC? When someone rings Football Heaven to slate our players does that reflect badly on the club?

So saying......
"It doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are upset about lots of people wanting to have fun this season on this forum"... isn't a tad antagonistic and unnecessary then...?

A little, yes although I do see his point. But that doesn't mean it's somehow the word of the Black Bank (even if there was such a thing) does it and it does you a bit of a disservice to suggest so.

It would appear that he is a flag waving (pun intended) signed up member, who appears intent on prodding and provoking anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion or egotistical stance.  I'm not going to waste more time on it, just think he should perhaps think before posting...

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 17, 2016, 07:51:37 pm by Sad-Rovers »
It would appear that he is a flag waving (pun intended) signed up member, who appears intent on prodding and provoking anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion or egotistical stance.  I'm not going to waste more time on it, just think he should perhaps think before posting...

If the cap fits, son.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 17, 2016, 07:53:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »

So saying......

I'm yet to have a go with one of the flags. Those big ones look like hard work. Fair play to those 2 doing the big ones. Keep up the good work.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 17, 2016, 07:54:07 pm by Al4475 »
That's good news neil! Pleased to hear that! He didn't imo deserve any punishment! Storm in a teacup and all that! Pleased!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 17, 2016, 08:46:00 pm by Metalmicky »

If the cap fits, son.

[/quote

If the cap fits, son, I'll gladly wear it.......

finished for you...

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 17, 2016, 08:49:51 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Always helps to get the quotes right when being "clever", MM

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 17, 2016, 09:28:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It's a bit late now but the idea of unreserved seating in the SS, BB or not, could have started on day 1 at the KM, then no one would have ever needed to move at all..

We used to manage in the pop side at BV didn't we?

I agree perhaps it would have been a good idea right at the start, however part of the season ticket marketing when the Kms opened was because its all seater you'll always be guaranteed your seat as long as you renew.......................... and I'm sure we all know my views on how it was totally mishandled to change it to unreserved

Give and take yes it ought to happen but its not, and some just totally refuse to have a little bit of consideration for others

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 17, 2016, 09:53:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
When posters on here talk b*llocks does that reflect badly on the VSC?

If you were to screenshot it, post it on fb and say something like "look what the VSC are saying now", yes it does...

but anyway, all Rovers now aren't we?

:scarf:  :bbscarf: :scarf:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 17, 2016, 10:06:32 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Only when a VSC director or forum mod says it, bonny lad.

Still, all rovers and all that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 18, 2016, 08:10:02 am by Filo »
Only when a VSC director or forum mod says it, bonny lad.

Still, all rovers and all that.

Does that mean you're still hostile towards certain people?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 18, 2016, 10:13:48 am by Sad-Rovers »
Ray of sunshine me, Dave.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 18, 2016, 10:58:53 am by Filo »

Too much sunshine can cause serious skin conditions 😉

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 18, 2016, 11:01:11 am by mrfrostsdad »
What everyone maybe needs to think about is said person who got annoyed may be a season ticket holder of many years standing who is already pissed off that he can't sit in the same seat as he has since the stadium opened.  God knows we have few enough STH's already without losing any more.
Having watched the highlights from the game (I had to work Saturday so couldn't go - despite being a STH) the south stand was half empty. As such, there was plenty of space for everyone to watch the game AS THEY AS INDIVIDUALS WANTED TO WATCH IT. Without any need for anyone to interfere with that choice.
Home crowds are down this season. Partly due to the shite we were served up last season, but I suspect the BB initiative has also cost us STH's.

One of the most disturbing things I find about modern life is selfishness. So many people are so selfish. Our ground is less than half full for the majority of games. No need to upset anyone

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 18, 2016, 11:36:10 am by swain_drfc »
I wonder if the Liverpool fans that were in the Kop for yesterday's game are having the same discussion on their forum

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 18, 2016, 11:37:52 am by Sad-Rovers »

But is that the fault of the Sunshine or the pasty-faced morons trying to get up in the suns face and getting burned, badly, badly burned?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 18, 2016, 11:41:50 am by Filo »

But is that the fault of the Sunshine or the pasty-faced morons trying to get up in the suns face and getting burned, badly, badly burned?

Thats why sun block is handy, keeps the harmful rays out

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 18, 2016, 12:03:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
I wonder if the Liverpool fans that were in the Kop for yesterday's game are having the same discussion on their forum

Or Huddersfield

https://twitter.com/NorthStandLoyal

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 18, 2016, 12:18:55 pm by wing commander »
   If this was a sell out I would have sympathy for the situation..You pay your money to see the match,you should be able to watch it...In this case there was more than ample opportunity to switch seats without issue,thats one of the benefits of being unrestricted seating...So I don't have much sympathy in this case....
    I also think we should just leave the them and us attitude in the past,i've had more than my fair share of run ins with Sad in the past but why do we need to bring it up again and bait those who are back on here again...You cant make a omelette without cracking eggs...And if there was a issue that they thought the bb will learn from..i'm sure they would address it...but no need in this case!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 18, 2016, 12:27:07 pm by Filo »
   If this was a sell out I would have sympathy for the situation..You pay your money to see the match,you should be able to watch it...In this case there was more than ample opportunity to switch seats without issue,thats one of the benefits of being unrestricted seating...So I don't have much sympathy in this case....
    I also think we should just leave the them and us attitude in the past,i've had more than my fair share of run ins with Sad in the past but why do we need to bring it up again and bait those who are back on here again...You cant make a omelette without cracking eggs...And if there was a issue that they thought the bb will learn from..i'm sure they would address it...but no need in this case!!

Who's doing the baiting?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 18, 2016, 12:31:22 pm by wing commander »
   just the impression this thread gives Filo...just interpretation...Weve had 3 pages of discussion on nothing solely because one supporter has a issue with a bb initiative...Anywhere else in the ground it wouldn't have been mentioned....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 18, 2016, 12:41:53 pm by Filo »
I don't think anyone has an issue with the bb initiative, it's how it's managed and finding common ground that appears to be the issue, there needs to be give and take on both sides. At the moment as soon as someone posts about an issue in the bb they are shouted down in an aggresive manner by some people that populate the bb, that in turn provokes a reaction and we end up with endless pages of going nowhere. There needs to be sensible disscussions between the parties where compromised solutions need to be found, so the bb can flourish and others can watch the game unhindered, surely that can't be hard to arrange or achieve, it's not like we're trying to find a solution to events in the middle east for Christ's sake!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 18, 2016, 12:52:40 pm by wing commander »
       Whilst I sort of agree with what your saying mate common sense should come from everybody..At the end of the day we are back arguing over something that wasn't worth discussing in the first place...The problem is that when someone says something controversial it is taken as the whole position of the bb,vsc,etc etc..Rather than just one fans view and it descends back to a them and us.....There was a small issue involving the flag,Neil took the initiative to try and sort it out in the concourse...If he/wes or any other bb organiser thought they needed to rectify anything in future they would..You cant change the whole ethos of a stand and not expect problems...It's up to everybody to not let it descend to a thread like this....

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 18, 2016, 12:58:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
       Whilst I sort of agree with what your saying mate common sense should come from everybody..At the end of the day we are back arguing over something that wasn't worth discussing in the first place...The problem is that when someone says something controversial it is taken as the whole position of the bb,vsc,etc etc..Rather than just one fans view and it descends back to a them and us.....There was a small issue involving the flag,Neil took the initiative to try and sort it out in the concourse...If he/wes or any other bb organiser thought they needed to rectify anything in future they would..You cant change the whole ethos of a stand and not expect problems...It's up to everybody to not let it descend to a thread like this....

Completely agree, excellent, well said. If there are issues that need sorting out someone representing the BB will communicate to the club and try to resolve that issue. It won't get resolved on here because there is way too much baggage that exists and it descends into pettiness. I don't really know what 'parties' filo thinks should chip in an have their say in this matter but other than the fans and the club, there aren't any.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 18, 2016, 12:58:54 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Who's shouted anything down, Dave?

There are four people on this forum that run the "public face" of Black Bank, ie the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website and YouTube channel, that's CiM, Popstander, Wes and me and I'm fairly confident that none of us have participated in a slanging match.

There certainly has been compromise in the past and I'm sure that'll continue but let's not blow this single issue of two grown men having a minor slanging match into something it's not. You'd think some people had never seen two blokes have an argument the way some of the fairies on here are going on.

Elsewhere on this forum is a link to an article in the Free Press about what a positive influence the Black Bank is becoming, perhaps if some on here gave that thread the same microscopic examination that they have this thread they'd feel a bit better about themselves. Or perhaps not. Lack of Vitamin D, probably.

That just leaves Bentley Bullet to have the final word then we can lock this shit thread, it offers nothing positive.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:01:17 pm by Sad-Rovers »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012