Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:31:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: At least Club Doncaster and the CEO  (Read 17556 times)

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
At least Club Doncaster and the CEO
« on May 02, 2016, 07:37:57 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Will be happy.. the Dons are second top.. nevermind the fact Rovers are in freefall and in chaos, at least the whole town can be proud, sorry 600 fans max, and the CEO.. its all worth it subsidising the rest from the Rovers cos the Dons are doing well albeit after a relgation.. as a Rovers fan of 30 years it makes Club Doncaster all seem worth it despite the collapse of Rovers against a team who had nothing to play for and hadnt won in 15 games.. thanks Club Doncaster.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: At least Club Doncaster and the CEO
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2016, 07:40:54 pm by IDM »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2016, 07:42:58 pm by RedJ »
I see you've chosen to completely ignore the posts directed at you on the other thread in order to start stirring the pot with misinformation.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2016, 08:24:53 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Not at all. I'm sorry have i missed something. To this love in with the Board. Its not about money its about football passion and nous and our Board has shown repeatedly it has neither.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2016, 08:27:05 pm by RedJ »
If it's not all about money then why were you kicking off on the other thread - and you know exactly which one I mean - about Club Doncaster supposedly taking money away from the football club?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2016, 08:32:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Town full of Leeds fans even when it comes to rugby.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2016, 08:41:35 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Sorry you have just rejigged my memory.. and i will tell you why cos its supposed to be a forum for freedom of speech and views and imho the Board as proof is in the pudding.. have oveeseen our decline.. talk of a top 6 place but taking a month to recruit a manager shows the shambolic decision making for a professional football club, and proof is in the results and performances on the pitch. All resonate from the top. And i stand by my comments that the football club and fans are subsidising the rugby club and the majority of sports fans historically as now dont care about Rugby in Donny. Fact.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2016, 08:44:27 pm by IDM »
. its all worth it subsidising the rest from the Rovers

Where is this happening? 

Yes, we are all mightily pissed of with relegation, but is it really necessary to start another thread against the club?

And no, I don't have a "love in" with the board either.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 02, 2016, 08:45:00 pm by IDM »
And i stand by my comments that the football club and fans are subsidising the rugby club

Prove it?

Freedom of speech and having your opinion on a forum is all well and good, but that doesn't mean your views are not open to challenge and questions..
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:48:26 pm by IDM »

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2016, 08:49:54 pm by Donny Exile in York »
You prove it isant?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2016, 08:51:44 pm by IDM »
You prove it isant?

Get real!

It is you that made a statement in the first place, if you can't back up your statement when challenged, then shut up about it...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2016, 08:52:31 pm by wilts rover »
The board got in the manager the fans wanted - yet its the boards fault?

The last accounts showed Club Doncaster susidise Rovers to the tune of £1.5m - yet Rovers now subsidise the Dons?

There is plenty to complain amout this season without making things up and telling plain lies.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2016, 08:52:58 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Get the management accounts and show there is no apportionment of revenue and show all lines of Rovers income is entirely seperate from the Rugby and any proportionate allocation of funds to Club Doncaster initiatives.. prove that?!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 02, 2016, 08:56:01 pm by IDM »
Get the management accounts and show there is no apportionment of revenue and show all lines of Rovers income is entirely seperate from the Rugby and any proportionate allocation of funds to Club Doncaster initiatives.. prove that?!

I say again, YOU made the original assertion, so YOU go prove it..

You started the thread, either back it up with evidence or be seen to be stirring and a WUM - does that soften the blow of relegation???

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 02, 2016, 09:08:29 pm by wilts rover »

Why? The accounts of Rovers show the wage bill is higher than the matchday and commercial income put together and hence we require supporting by external loans. It is impossible for Rovers to subsidise anybody. Which proves either you have either not read the accounts or don't understand them.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 02, 2016, 09:09:44 pm by RedJ »
its supposed to be a forum for freedom of speech and views

Ah, got you. Free speech. The old get out card for when someone's spouting b*llocks and can't back up what they're saying.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 02, 2016, 09:17:53 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I am not proven to be anything other than a loyal rovers fan for over 30 years, season ticket holder for most of it and firstly i resent posts about rugby on a football forum, whats that all about, and secondly.. i dont have to prove anything on this forum or anywhere.. if you think Club Doncaster is not via Rovers backing the rugby club either send me the management accounts or shut up cos you cant support your counter argument. Even losses in the financial statements can be subsidising other activities as part of incurring and increasing and exasperating those losses. I read enough sets of accounts and management accounts and business plans in my line if work to know.

The facts are we have a board failing to deliver a successful football team and there are many of us who have seen all this bull about heading for the championship etc for what it is.. the freefall has shown categorically that the Board either are competely incompetent as leaders of a football club or actually have other agendas from the assertion of heading for the championship.. they have proven slow to react to football changes and lacking a successful strategy for FOOTBALL purposes.. i can accept as strange as it was one freefall from the Championship as forces against us, but not a 17 match winless run with a disasterous January transfer window following a disasterous summer transfer activity..

There is plenty of noise about £100k of funds being made available to the rugby club when the football club needed strengthening and was ultimately relegated a couple of years ago.. prove this didnt happen or hasnt happened again. My proof is in what has unveiled over the last three seasons on the pitch and the way the club are been run, the results and way we are heading, rudderless from the top and devoid of proper strategic football direction. The new football kit, programmes, everything is looking of poorer cheaper quality. So prove Rovers isant been run down and downscaled as part of Club Doncaster and for cheaper sporting options.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:23:20 pm by Donny Exile in York »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 02, 2016, 09:23:51 pm by drfchound »
On the upside didn't we win an award for family club of the year or something like that?
A bit like a Sunday teams award night when the lad who always puts the nets up and who's mum washes the kit get Clubman of the year.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 02, 2016, 09:24:33 pm by IDM »
noise??

counter argument?  I haven't made one, just challenged yours..

Since when does the longevity of your support make a difference to whether you are right or wrong..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 02, 2016, 09:28:35 pm by Filo »
I am not proven to be anything other than a loyal rovers fan for over 30 years, season ticket holder for most of it and firstly i resent posts about rugby on a football forum, whats that all about, and secondly.. i dont have to prove anything on this forum or anywhere.. if you think Club Doncaster is not via Rovers backing the rugby club either send me the management accounts or shut up cos you cant support your counter argument. Even losses in the financial statements can be subsidising other activities as part of incurring and increasing and exasperating those losses. I read enough sets of accounts and management accounts and business plans in my line if work to know.

The facts are we have a board failing to deliver a successful football team and there are many of us who have seen all this bull about heading for the championship etc for what it is.. the freefall has shown categorically that the Board either are competely incompetent as leaders of a football club or actually have other agendas from the assertion of heading for the championship.. they have proven slow to react to football changes and lacking a successful strategy for FOOTBALL purposes.. i can accept as strange as it was one freefall from the Championship as forces against us, but not a 17 match winless run with a disasterous January transfer window following a disasterous summer transfer activity..

There is plenty of noise about £100k of funds being made available to the rugby club when the football club needed strengthening and was ultimately relegated a couple of years ago.. prove this didnt happen or hasnt happened again. My proof is in what has unveiled over the last three seasons on the pitch and the way the club are been run, the results and way we are heading, rudderless from the top and devoid of proper strategic football direction. The new football kit, programmes, everything is looking of poorer cheaper quality. So prove Rovers isant been run down and downscaled as part of Club Doncaster and for cheaper sporting options.

With all due respect that is just your opinion, you have n't proved anything.

You've expressed your opinion, others are asking you to back that opinion with evidence, you have n't yet

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 02, 2016, 09:29:29 pm by Donny Exile in York »
You prove your right. All sorts of expenses and initiatives can be dressed up as this and that as part of creative accounting or simply a companies losses increased through being the greatest income stream and apportioning staff wages charged to Rovers but working for the rugby club for example. Even the accounts wont show that no matter how detailed the disclosures!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 02, 2016, 09:30:08 pm by wilts rover »
and if you 'read enough sets of accounts in your line of work', it shouldn't be too much trouble for you to prove what you say with the recently published accounts should it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 02, 2016, 09:32:58 pm by IDM »
How many times, Donny Exile, have you been asked to give evidence to back up your assertions?  You give opinions and theories about accounting - yet no proof and your argument is then that others should prove you wrong??

FFS I might even agree with you - if you gave me some real evidence!!!!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 02, 2016, 09:38:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Club Doncaster is just a way around FFP, it means there's more for us to spend because the profits to that count. We get rid of Club Doncaster and there's less for Rovers to spend.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 02, 2016, 09:42:49 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Please feel free if anyone of you has the management accounts of the Club or the ledgers and supporting papers feel free to send me them on here or contact me and send them to my private email and will have a look and you can enlighten me.. no really please do. Quite happy to recieve the latest accounts and am sure i will find at least one or two inititives or expenditure items which could easily include apportioned costs etc. Am.not saying the audited accounts are not correct but of course they can include lots of idiosyncracies specific to a sports club under the umbrella of others.  Yes  Club Doncaster can be a way around FFP but whats ti say that there is not dispropprtonate cost allocation for exampls hekping the rugby club. Anyway please feel free to send the management accounts.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:49:33 pm by Donny Exile in York »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 02, 2016, 09:45:50 pm by IDM »
So other folks have to find the evidence to prove your argument???

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 02, 2016, 09:47:09 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I am saying you prove i'm wrong.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 02, 2016, 09:51:23 pm by IDM »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 02, 2016, 09:56:57 pm by wilts rover »
I am saying the accounts show Doncaster Rovers are unviable and loose money without external loans -  you explain how they can possibly support the Dons? Unless you think the Dons players are registerred for Rovers and on our wage bill!

You haven't shown any evidence for us to prove or disprove anything - all you are doing is making things up.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 02, 2016, 10:03:08 pm by vaya »
I am saying you prove i'm wrong.

I have a Unicorn.

Prove I don't.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012