Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:41:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The ref  (Read 11655 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The ref
« on January 06, 2018, 05:09:04 pm by Filo »
A disgrace, should be charged with aiding and abetting GBH, he must be cuddling Keith Hill in the dressing room right now, 4 stonewall pens denied!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

northern soul

• Forum Member
Re: The ref
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2018, 05:13:36 pm by northern soul »
Awful ref. Worst this year

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2018, 05:15:19 pm by roverstillidie91 »
I agree some of the refs are absolute garbage however it doesn't hide the fact we are severely lacking up front not enough goals with the stats joint worse attack in the top 12 but 5th best defence.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2018, 05:21:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
I agree some of the refs are absolute garbage however it doesn't hide the fact we are severely lacking up front not enough goals with the stats joint worse attack in the top 12 but 5th best defence.

but if Filo is right, and we've been denied 4 stonewall penos, should you really ask more of forwards? We could have potentially won 4-1

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2018, 05:22:10 pm by Scooter »
That ref ruined that. Is he from Greater Manchester by any chance?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2018, 05:22:43 pm by bobjimwilly »
hope they show the incidents in the highlights, but won't hold my breath

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2018, 05:28:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
If that is going to be our team from now on, then I fear the worst. Physically inept. Chances going begging and no-one capable. Must be Blair and Masons worse games ever.

Please can we have a midfield and 2 full backs, instead of pussy footing around with 'not much in the budget'. Either we strengthen or we will be relegated. Thank God it was only the Cup!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2018, 05:39:51 pm by Superspy »
Fergie just said on Radio Sheff that the ref's biggest mistake was not sending off the guy who wiped out Marquis in the first minute.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2018, 05:43:44 pm by glosterred »
Shocking refereeing not helped by incompetent lino’s

COYR

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2018, 05:44:22 pm by German Rover »
Should have been a red. Leathers him across both shins, no attempt to go for the ball, just hooded him. Rochdale knew then that they could get away with murder. All this led to marquis getting the shit kicked out of him for an hour and a half.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 06, 2018, 05:44:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Excuses and masks a poor performance. Yes, the ref was abysmal, but 2 clear cut chances and nothing to show. Not good enough.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 06, 2018, 05:45:20 pm by vaya »

If that is going to be our team from now on, then I fear the worst. Physically inept. Chances going begging and no-one capable. Must be Blair and Masons worse games ever.

Please can we have a midfield and 2 full backs, instead of pussy footing around with 'not much in the budget'. Either we strengthen or we will be relegated. Thank God it was only the Cup!

How have we got on in the previous four games Alan?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 06, 2018, 05:47:19 pm by bobbymax »
To be fair, it must be difficult trying to referee a match on a 10-second time delay because you're not fit enough to be anywhere near play. From behind the goal, I'd have said two definite penalties and two that could have gone either way. However, well done to Rochdale for kicking and diving their way into round four. Let's hope for a Championship club away for them next as they deserve nothing better. Oh, and relegation as well.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 06, 2018, 05:48:35 pm by selby »
  May and Beestin are not football league standard, we dominated the second half, and May was never  in the game or any danger to Rochdale whatsoever, and Beestings miss was criminal, but at least I have now seen him shoot at goal, it has only taken five games he missed from six yards just before half time,and four foot in the second half.
 May could have gone for a cup of tea.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 06, 2018, 05:55:01 pm by Filo »
  May and Beestin are not football league standard, we dominated the second half, and May was never  in the game or any danger to Rochdale whatsoever, and Beestings miss was criminal, but at least I have now seen him shoot at goal, it has only taken five games he missed from six yards just before half time,and four foot in the second half.
 May could have gone for a cup of tea.

Beestins miss was a good reaction save from the keeper

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 06, 2018, 05:58:21 pm by dickos1 »

Oh dear me

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 06, 2018, 05:59:20 pm by Campsall rover »
I must apologise to everyone as I said Andy Woolmer was a good strong ref yesterday.
He gave us nothing all afternoon. 2 of the penalty shouts were not penalties and 2 were definite penalties from where I was sitting.
We missed 4 clear cut chances 2nd half so at the end of the day should have won the match.
Alfie May was not in it today and should have been subbed much earlier than he was.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 06, 2018, 06:03:35 pm by since-1969 »
Never up for the fight against teams who pull you around like Rochdale. Keith Hill has to know us better than DF does , he knew to target Mason who was obviously playing out of position and we had no left side to our game what do ever.  Team selection was partly to blame for our lack lustre performance leaving Copps on bench when we were crying out for some method in midfield. Beaston wrong type of player against a team who just want keep putting you in your arse everytime you touch the ball . Marquise needs a stronger partner up front, Alfie May was ineffective against 2 centre backs watching his every move and they had him in their pocket all day . Always disappointing to loose by we just got no where near our last performance of the last time we played them.  Just happy 3 points weren’t dropped .

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 06, 2018, 06:06:37 pm by pib »
The officials were terrible all round but we weren't denied 4 stonewall penalties were we? Let's have it reyt.

Take the rose tinted specs off and there was probably 1, maybe 2 max in the category of "seen them given"

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 06, 2018, 06:10:51 pm by Campsall rover »
Never up for the fight against teams who pull you around like Rochdale. Keith Hill has to know us better than DF does , he knew to target Mason who was obviously playing out of position and we had no left side to our game what do ever.  Team selection was partly to blame for our lack lustre performance leaving Copps on bench when we were crying out for some method in midfield. Beaston wrong type of player against a team who just want keep putting you in your arse everytime you touch the ball . Marquise needs a stronger partner up front, Alfie May was ineffective against 2 centre backs watching his every move and they had him in their pocket all day . Always disappointing to loose by we just got no where near our last performance of the last time we played them.  Just happy 3 points weren’t dropped .
Disagree with you. We played better today than last time. Today we did not score, last time against them we scored 2 goals. That is the difference.
We were all over them 2 nd half today and we lost. They were all over us 2nd half last time and we won. That’s football for you. Goals win football matches. Simple.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 06, 2018, 06:14:05 pm by since-1969 »
We were clue less from the off . They knew how to frustrate us we didn’t hurt them once all day .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 06, 2018, 06:14:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Agree we dominated and the referee was attrocious.  Generally allowed no flow at all and got many decisions wrong.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 06, 2018, 06:14:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We were clue less from the off . They knew how to frustrate us we didn’t hurt them once all day .

You watched a different game to me (as per usual).

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 06, 2018, 06:15:34 pm by dickos1 »

Didn't hurt them all day?
What about the point blank save, hitting the post, having 4 penalties turned down.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 06, 2018, 06:15:43 pm by mushRTID »
I’m not so sure any were penalties, maybe Copps one but it would have been soft.

He was just shit everywhere else on the pitch.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 06, 2018, 06:15:59 pm by bobbymax »
So, you weren't at the game then - or did you go home at half-time?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 06, 2018, 06:16:05 pm by since-1969 »
I had a different opinion on to you that’s all Pudding !

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 06, 2018, 06:18:18 pm by dickos1 »
As you do every week

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 06, 2018, 06:19:13 pm by since-1969 »
Did we score NO , did we miss when it would have been easier Yes .SO did we hurt them NO. If you loose when you should have won , You didn’t hurt them . FACT !!

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 06, 2018, 06:27:27 pm by bobbymax »
Did we score NO , did we miss when it would have been easier Yes .SO did we hurt them NO. If you loose when you should have won , You didn’t hurt them . FACT !!

Hint - shouting fact at the end of a sentence doesn't make you any more right.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012