Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:46:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The ref  (Read 11657 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: The ref
« Reply #30 on January 06, 2018, 06:34:37 pm by selby »
  Filo, I have not been this disappointed since the Exeter game  in the cup some years ago, and normally try very hard to be positive That miss was F****** pathetic, as was May, and his shot in the first half ( his   first  in five matches) was as bad, from no further than eight yards.
  And if May and Marquis is a strike partnership, I am an astronaut.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 06, 2018, 06:37:11 pm by since-1969 »
We were clue less from the off . They knew how to frustrate us we didn’t hurt them once all day .
So, you weren't at the game then - or did you go home at half-time?
Did we score NO , did we miss when it would have been easier Yes .SO did we hurt them NO. If you loose when you should have won , You didn’t hurt them . FACT !!

Hint - shouting fact at the end of a sentence doesn't make you any more right.
.It does Fact ! We lost they we didn’t hurt them What’s not factual about that .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 06, 2018, 06:37:58 pm by dickos1 »
Hurting them is getting behind them, creating chances, getting into good positions

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 06, 2018, 06:41:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Many, many failings in today’s performance, but Jesus f**king wept, that has to go straight into the Pantheon of All Time Appallingly Inept Refereeing Displays.

Throughout the first half, Marquis was being wrestled, kicked and shoved to the ground, other wild challenges were flying in, but we didn’t get a single free kick between the 11th and 45th minutes. If Rochdale had been a team full of saints, it beggars belief that they could go that long without a single transgression. Given that they clearly had a game plan to stop Marquis dominating them like he did last week, by fouling him every time the ball was in the same postcode area as him, it took a unique level of couldntgiveaf**kness from the referee to not give a free kick for 34 minutes.

And then to have a forearm into Coppinger’s face in the box that would have been a sending off in rugby and a two footed lunge on Rowe in the area which the ref didn’t even shake his head at, presumably because it didn’t dawn on him that there was the possibility that those might have been fouls.

The first 20seconds foul on Marquis looked like a potential red card to me. Marquis was away and it was arguable DOGSO as well as dangerous play. That should have alerted the ref to Rochdale’s plan. Instead, his staggering ineptitude over the next 45 mins in particular meant that they were free to manhandle Marquis out of the game. And the one time he retaliated, of course he was booked.

A refereeing display that was as bad as any I’ve seen in years.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:24:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 06, 2018, 06:41:57 pm by since-1969 »
Hurting them is getting behind them, creating chances, getting into good positions
. I think SCORING counts !!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 06, 2018, 06:44:38 pm by dickos1 »
. I think SCORING counts !!

😂

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 06, 2018, 06:53:38 pm by RoversAlias »
  Filo, I have not been this disappointed since the Exeter game  in the cup some years ago, and normally try very hard to be positive That miss was F****** pathetic, as was May, and his shot in the first half ( his   first  in five matches) was as bad, from no further than eight yards.
  And if May and Marquis is a strike partnership, I am an astronaut.

You really have got such a problem with Alfie May, selby. Entitled to your own opinion and all that, but it's very noticeable. He was not good today but I'm not surprised to find you making multiple posts slating him. He wasn't the only one off his best form.

Anyway, this thread is about the referee and this referee was a complete joke. One of the worst displays I think I've ever seen, and that's no mean feat. He maybe should have sent off McNulty after 10 seconds but bottled it, and gave them every chance to abuse us all afternoon thereafter. I don't know if we were denied four stonewallers but there was a minimum one. Woolmer was stood right there when Coppinger was bundled to the floor, no attempt on the ball at all. It was right in front of me as well and it was clear as day, but Woolmer stared a while then gave a corner. Useless all day as were his assistants.

My favourite bit was when Lawlor was going to kick the ball out of his hands or something and the referee had to do a frog march sprint 50 yards to exact his authority...by taking the ball and dropping it at Lawlor's feet to kick off again. What a big man.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 06, 2018, 07:10:59 pm by Campsall rover »
We were clue less from the off . They knew how to frustrate us we didn’t hurt them once all day .
If those 4 chances 2nd half had gone in we would all have been saying brilliant performance.
Today they didn’t go in and you think we didn’t hurt them all day. For crying out loud get a grip.
Some credit should go to Rochdale as well they didn’t come here to lose did they. They defended for their lives and with a little help from the ref got their reward. Deserved maybe not, but if it had been the other way round and we had done that away from home wouldn’t you have been happy?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 06, 2018, 07:14:30 pm by since-1969 »
If those 4 chances 2nd half had gone in we would all have been saying brilliant performance.
Today they didn’t go in and you think we didn’t hurt them all day. For crying out loud get a grip.
Some credit should go to Rochdale as well they didn’t come here to lose did they. They defended for their lives and with a little help from the ref got their reward. Deserved maybe not, but if it had been the other way round and we had done that away from home wouldn’t you have been happy?
I agree credit where it’s due ...Keith Hill knows how to get his team fired up . DF on the other hand just looks for excuses mainly around not getting any luck . 

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 06, 2018, 07:16:07 pm by mushRTID »
I agree credit where it’s due ...Keith Hill knows how to get his team fired up . DF on the other hand just looks for excuses mainly around not getting any luck . 

He’s not mentioned luck or used excuses today.

He’s said we should have taken our chances and it’s cost us.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 06, 2018, 07:17:31 pm by dickos1 »
Ha ha ha brilliant
Keith hill knows how to get his side in the bottom 3 too

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 06, 2018, 07:19:02 pm by since-1969 »
And win away in the cup £1m anyone ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 06, 2018, 07:32:29 pm by dickos1 »
We've won away in the cup plenty

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 06, 2018, 07:46:36 pm by ravenrover »
I think he is referring to DF comments about getting one of the big 4 in the next round meaning a windfall of £1m

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 06, 2018, 08:04:20 pm by 1879Rovers »
They could have been down to ten-men in the opening 90 seconds as well.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 06, 2018, 08:07:54 pm by Donnywolf »
Yeah shades of Exeter ... I reckon the gits will get Man U home or better for them away

We were poor in First Half and though much better in 2nd Half we missed chances - had Penalties denied (probably saved us the disappointment of missing them) - and were subject to a very poor set of officials

Like Selby I am gutted as a giant gutted thing because those "sportsmen" from Rochdale have progressed at our expense when we should have / could have wiped the f*****g floor with them (smug b*****ds) 3 4 16 27 and the rest

Its as close as I ever get to a rant

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 06, 2018, 08:24:48 pm by selby »
  Roversalias I do not have much of a problem with Alfie May at all, much like the Rochdale defenders this afternoon.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 06, 2018, 08:30:25 pm by dickos1 »
Almost as easy a time as the Peterborough defenders had with mandeville on Monday!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 06, 2018, 08:50:03 pm by selby »
  Don't talk silly Dickos, we were all over Rochdale in the second half, and May could have stayed in the bogs from half time and not be missed, he was kelp.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 06, 2018, 08:56:08 pm by Campsall rover »
Almost as easy a time as the Peterborough defenders had with mandeville on Monday!
Man devilled was playing in Copps position at Peterborough. He was not a striker.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 06, 2018, 08:57:28 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s Mandeville by the way!!!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 06, 2018, 09:03:46 pm by selby »
  Dickos, if may has not got 25yds to run into he offers nothing, and if he has, and there were no stands around the pitch, he would end up in the Arndale shopping centre

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 06, 2018, 09:20:47 pm by ravenrover »
and Mandeville offers?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 06, 2018, 09:24:30 pm by since-1969 »
Mandeville, get him out on loan and rebuild his confidence.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 06, 2018, 09:27:39 pm by selby »
  Goals

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 06, 2018, 09:41:03 pm by The Red Baron »
It was a waste of time bringing Mandeville on as late as that. By then we were at the point of lumping it into the box and hoping something dropped. He should have been on with 20 minutes to go. Mind you, Copps should have been on at half time (ideally from the start!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 06, 2018, 09:44:45 pm by The Red Baron »
And back on topic, the "hand off" on Coppinger was one of the most blatant fouls I've seen. Although I think that idiot wouldn't have given us a penalty if a player had been sawn off at the knees.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 06, 2018, 09:49:44 pm by JonWallsend »
Ref wasn't great but it wasn't a sending off in the first 20 seconds as there were men on the cover. Amazed he wasn't  however shown a yellow, which would have then had an impact on how he approached the remainder of the game.

Was too far from all the penalty shouts to make a definitive assessment but not one of them looked a strong shout from the back of the East stand.

Concur with all the positive posts regarding Kongolo's performance. In addition to some excellent touches, he was positive and played with some fire in his belly.  Was great to see him tracking back, to snuff out the danger, in last minute when we were going for it attacking wise.

Beestin, not sure how he missed.  Felt sure Rowe was going to slide in a well deserved equaliser in second half and think he could have scored first half, when Rodney slipped him in but he took an extra touch and failed to get a meaningful shot away.

Usual clown at back of East stand abusing all and sundry. At least it's never personal as everyone gets it but occasional support wouldn't go amiss.

On another day, we win that but we didn't. Last 10 minutes were like a non league team hanging on for a great cup shock so fair play Rochdale, blocked everything and put themselves about. Typical Rovers and we go again for a tough run of fixtures starting next week.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 06, 2018, 09:52:22 pm by Filo »
Ref wasn't great but it wasn't a sending off in the first 20 seconds as there were men on the cover. Amazed he wasn't  however shown a yellow, which would have then had an impact on how he approached the remainder of the game.

Was too far from all the penalty shouts to make a definitive assessment but not one of them looked a strong shout from the back of the East stand.

Concur with all the positive posts regarding Kongolo's performance. In addition to some excellent touches, he was positive and played with some fire in his belly.  Was great to see him tracking back, to snuff out the danger, in last minute when we were going for it attacking wise.

Beestin, not sure how he missed.  Felt sure Rowe was going to slide in a well deserved equaliser in second half and think he could have scored first half, when Rodney slipped him in but he took an extra touch and failed to get a meaningful shot away.

Usual clown at back of East stand abusing all and sundry. At least it's never personal as everyone gets it but occasional support wouldn't go amiss.

On another day, we win that but we didn't. Last 10 minutes were like a non league team hanging on for a great cup shock so fair play Rochdale, blocked everything and put themselves about. Typical Rovers and we go again for a tough run of fixtures starting next week.

I said at the time it was n't a sending off too far out, but if you listen ti Fergies interview the defender took Marquis out at the knees, and in that case it's a dangerous tackle

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 06, 2018, 09:53:05 pm by Dagenham Rover »
he was shown a yellow

Posted at
1'
Jimmy McNulty (Rochdale) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012