Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:00:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The ref  (Read 11659 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: The ref
« Reply #60 on January 06, 2018, 09:53:30 pm by Not Now Kato »
Unless my eyes deceived me, I could swear I saw the apology for a ref getting on the Rochdale coach after the game.  Supprised  he wasn't wearing a blue shirt throughout the game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 06, 2018, 09:57:32 pm by dickos1 »
  Don't talk silly Dickos, we were all over Rochdale in the second half, and May could have stayed in the bogs from half time and not be missed, he was kelp.

We were all over Peterborough for a lot of the game and mandeville was inept.
I like him, but you can't keep banging the drum for him and keep slating may when in reality they've both been poor over the last two games

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 06, 2018, 09:58:22 pm by Filo »
Unless my eyes deceived me, I could swear I saw the apology for a ref getting on the Rochdale coach after the game.  Supprised  he wasn't wearing a blue shirt throughout the game.

Was he holding hands with Keith Hill?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 06, 2018, 10:01:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
You ever seen them both in the same room together?

Exactly.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 06, 2018, 10:05:50 pm by Lesonthewest »
Never up for the fight against teams who pull you around like Rochdale. Keith Hill has to know us better than DF does , he knew to target Mason who was obviously playing out of position and we had no left side to our game what do ever.  Team selection was partly to blame for our lack lustre performance leaving Copps on bench when we were crying out for some method in midfield. Beaston wrong type of player against a team who just want keep putting you in your arse everytime you touch the ball . Marquise needs a stronger partner up front, Alfie May was ineffective against 2 centre backs watching his every move and they had him in their pocket all day . Always disappointing to loose by we just got no where near our last performance of the last time we played them.  Just happy 3 points weren’t dropped .

Yes, Keith Hill targeted our weak left side last week with Garratt & it nearly worked, today we changed personnel & they did it again, this time it did work. Think the moral of the story is we NEED a left back, asap.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 06, 2018, 10:06:12 pm by JonWallsend »
he was shown a yellow

Posted at
1'
Jimmy McNulty (Rochdale) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

Fair enough, good decision( one of the few) I must have missed it. He then proceeded to manhandle Marquis, even on a yellow so didn't impact on his performance 😀

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 06, 2018, 10:07:30 pm by Campsall rover »
  Don't talk silly Dickos, we were all over Rochdale in the second half, and May could have stayed in the bogs from half time and not be missed, he was kelp.

We were all over Peterborough for a lot of the game and mandeville was inept.
I like him, but you can't keep banging the drum for him and keep slating may when in reality they've both been poor over the last two games
Please explain what Mandeville did wrong at Peterborough.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 06, 2018, 10:21:02 pm by dickos1 »
Mandeville was dreadful at Peterborough, didn't get involved, hardly touched the ball, the bench were tearing their hair out at him.
It was no surprise he got brought off.

This was also the general consensus of everyone who went, have a look from the posts on here that day

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 06, 2018, 10:28:30 pm by Campsall rover »
The fact is, as Selby has pointed out on previous posts Mandeville’s shots to goals ratio is way above anyone else in the squad.
He is quite clearly is a clinical finisher, who has a football brain also.
Mandy is miles ahead of Alfie May in his development.
Whether he has a poor attittude is another matter and that maybe the reason DF won’t start him.
Personally I would use May as an impact player off the bench and start Mandeville with Marquis. He now needs DF to tell him to go out and show everyone what a good player he is.
He needs his manager to give him the belief and confidence to prove what a talent, it would seem to be only a few of us on here can see.
Given the above happens he could score 10 goals in the last 20 matches. Marquis will also score more frequently if he has a strike partner with some nous along side him.
Just hope DF gives him the opportunity.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 06, 2018, 10:30:33 pm by Campsall rover »
Mandeville was dreadful at Peterborough, didn't get involved, hardly touched the ball, the bench were tearing their hair out at him.

This was also the general consensus of everyone who went, have a look from the posts on here that day
The bench were tearing there hair out. Sorry I didn’t see that at all.
Not involved, you must have been at a different match.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 06, 2018, 10:34:28 pm by Lesonthewest »
The first half performance lost us the game for me, we were slow to the ball, over hitting long balls & giving the ball away, yes we could & should levelled second half, but the first half was rubbish for the umpteenth time this season.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 06, 2018, 10:35:56 pm by German Rover »
I thought the tackle in the first minute was a red card. It was at knee height, and therefore dangerous.

The ref was never going to send someone off 20 seconds into the match unless he had balls like grapefruits.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 06, 2018, 10:41:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The ref was never going to send someone off 20 seconds into the match unless he had balls like grapefruits.

Well, given how he ran...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 06, 2018, 10:52:33 pm by RoversAlias »
  Goals

May has 6 goals in 22 games this season, all in either the league or the EFL Cup.

Mandeville has 4 goals in 22 games, and if you take out the Checkatrade sham games he has 2 goals in 18 games.

You are showing yourself up with this May hating now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 06, 2018, 11:06:33 pm by Campsall rover »
No one hates May how can you he gives his all. The problem is he isn’t good enough YET to start regularly.
Not sure which stats your using. How many mins has May been on the pitch in League matches compared to Mandeville.
Mandeville won’t score many if he gets 20/15/10 mins here and there will he?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 06, 2018, 11:08:34 pm by Campsall rover »
He also needs to play along side Marquis as a striker.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 06, 2018, 11:08:41 pm by dickos1 »

The bench were tearing there hair out. Sorry I didn’t see that at all.
Not involved, you must have been at a different match.

Mate, the crowd cheered when his number came up to come off.
Disgusting as this is, supporters don't do that when somebody has played well

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 06, 2018, 11:11:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Um, yes they do because a few moorons have decided to make Mandy their boo boy. We have one every season don’t we?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 06, 2018, 11:16:35 pm by dickos1 »
Nah, don't agree
He's got a lot of talent, but he was poor at Peterborough.
The one disappointing performance, and I wasn't surprised he was dropped today, obviously Fergie felt the same.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 06, 2018, 11:16:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Believe it or not there are people who go to the Moat who give Copps verbal when he is one of the best players on the day.
Someone said Houghton was rubbish at Peterborough and we should send him back to Chelsea. Etc Etc Etc

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 06, 2018, 11:24:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Nah, don't agree
He's got a lot of talent, but he was poor at Peterborough.
The one disappointing performance, and I wasn't surprised he was dropped today, obviously Fergie felt the same.
Two passes that went astray in the entire match. One because Blair wasn’t looking.
It’s all about opinions Dickos. I am not looking for an argument.
Mandeville needs a run of games from the start to show his worth. Goals Goals Goals.
If he gets the opportunity and fails then fair enough, I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 06, 2018, 11:29:35 pm by dickos1 »
I agree he needs a run of games I was just pointing out I thought he was poor at Peterborough.
And I think Selby gives may too much of a hard time,

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 06, 2018, 11:33:57 pm by since-1969 »
Mandaville is looking like  a flash in the pan and his whole body language now is the worst I’ve seen if any player that doesn’t believe he can score or even play . Even Williams wasn’t this bad on his worst day . He needs to be loaned to a team who play basic simple football to rediscover if he is even wanting to play football .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 07, 2018, 12:57:20 am by selby »
  The only people who have mentioned and tried to make it a Mandeville verses May discussion today is Dickos and other people, not  me. I have not mentioned Mandeville in any way about todays match.
 What I  have done is say that  May and Beestin were very poor  today, And I will add, that if May does not find something in his game, he will become a busted flush. he is no longer the new kid on the block, his game has been seen, it is limited, and he is no longer a surprise packet.
  He may have the odd game that his admirers can fornicate over, but if he does not get his act together they will become fewer and fewer.
  If anyone can explain why they think he had a good game today please do, I would be interested to know how you came to that conclusion, I have been accused of making it a Mandeville v May thing in the past,well who is doing it now lads lads, is it because you know the apple of your eye was kelp, or did you really think he was O.K.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 07, 2018, 01:06:15 am by RoversAlias »
No one hates May how can you he gives his all. The problem is he isn’t good enough YET to start regularly.
Not sure which stats your using. How many mins has May been on the pitch in League matches compared to Mandeville.
Mandeville won’t score many if he gets 20/15/10 mins here and there will he?

It isn't as if Mandeville hasn't started any games this season. Selby in his continuing attempts to criticise May tried to claim that Mandeville brings goals to the team. That is plainly not true outside of one 10-game spell over a year ago.

For the record Selby, it isn't a May v Mandeville debate for me. I think both are good players with great potential but at this moment in time May is contributing far more to our league performances and your criticism of him is unjustified. Mandeville is possibly our most technically sound young player, I like him a lot before you try to bring up that May is the "apple of my eye" or some other such nonsense, but your claims about both players are not in my view accurate.

I said a week ago on here that I do not understand why people must always compare our strikers as if only one can reign supreme. They are all here to contribute and do so on varying levels. I don't believe any quantifiable evidence from this season proves Mandeville is doing better than May be that on the statistics or in the general play of both men.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 07, 2018, 01:10:53 am by hoolahoop »
We were clue less from the off . They knew how to frustrate us we didn’t hurt them once all day .
So, you weren't at the game then - or did you go home at half-time?
Did we score NO , did we miss when it would have been easier Yes .SO did we hurt them NO. If you loose when you should have won , You didn’t hurt them . FACT !!

Hint - shouting fact at the end of a sentence doesn't make you any more right.
.It does Fact ! We lost they we didn’t hurt them What’s not factual about that .

Stop saying " fact " like it's a new word you have discovered. We had our chances and ....a shit set of officials 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 07, 2018, 01:38:58 am by selby »
  R.A. I have been to the pub and had a few, I am bitterly disappointed today, a game we should have won, a game we surrendered a lot of money( with potentially a lot more) and the last time I saw my team play in the 5th round was against Tottenham in 1956 when I was 10 yrs old.
   I am just about fed up of this club throwing thousands of pounds away year after year. We were crap in front of goal today, chances that amateur teams would not miss.
 That ranks with losing to Frickley, poor team selection, poor substitutions, and just typical of our cup displays for far too long. I have read ream after ream about budgets, well if I was a director putting money into this club, on Monday morning everyone involved in that today would get a kick up the arse, and if they didn't like it they could go do one.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 07, 2018, 07:49:29 am by dickos1 »
  The only people who have mentioned and tried to make it a Mandeville verses May discussion today is Dickos and other people, not  me. I have not mentioned Mandeville in any way about todays match.
 What I  have done is say that  May and Beestin were very poor  today, And I will add, that if May does not find something in his game, he will become a busted flush. he is no longer the new kid on the block, his game has been seen, it is limited, and he is no longer a surprise packet.
  He may have the odd game that his admirers can fornicate over, but if he does not get his act together they will become fewer and fewer.
  If anyone can explain why they think he had a good game today please do, I would be interested to know how you came to that conclusion, I have been accused of making it a Mandeville v May thing in the past,well who is doing it now lads lads, is it because you know the apple of your eye was kelp, or did you really think he was O.K.

I've never made it a may v mandeville thing, I've said numerous times I like them both.
Just think your constant sniping of may is too much, especially when mandeville was so poor last week. And he didn't receive any criticism from you.
As I said may was poor today and Mandy was poor on Monday

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 07, 2018, 09:01:17 am by Campsall rover »
But he wasn’t ‘so poor’ last week where do you get that from?
Everyone played well at Peterborough didn’t they?
Oh no Mandy was shocking of course. He has become the Whipping boy it seems.
Unbelievable. Unjustified comments on May.
What about the Unjustified comments on Mandeville.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 07, 2018, 09:16:05 am by since-1969 »
I think IT does  :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012