Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:03:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson  (Read 13933 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson
« Reply #30 on February 14, 2018, 06:01:48 pm by drfchound »
I have and never will forgive him for the hartlepool debacle.

I haven’t forgiven him for taking us down two years ago.
Very avoidable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 14, 2018, 06:03:59 pm by dickos1 »
Yes that's pretty obvious hound

Anyhow I said comfortable promotion so don't know why you're all banging on about the title.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 14, 2018, 06:10:53 pm by esdailles left foot »
Yes that's pretty obvious hound

Anyhow I said comfortable promotion so don't know why you're all banging on about the title.

IF Sir Darren inexplicably managed to get us relegated for the 2nd time in 3 seasons woudld he still have your unwavering support ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 14, 2018, 06:13:01 pm by dickos1 »
He doesn't have it now,
But he got us promotion and clowns like you still wanted him sacked.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 14, 2018, 06:22:16 pm by silent majority »
A pro active manager would be looking at all position all season and not be caught out at the last minute all season we have been short on the defence

Proactive board would make sure the budget he had to work from was big enough for him to get players we required. We have been short of league 1 quality players all over the pitch.

We've had this discussion so many times on here and you adopt the same position every time. But I'll say it once more, there is nothing wrong with our budget. The budget is more than big enough for this division.

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 14, 2018, 06:24:16 pm by Forum Admin »
Not heard that interview
To be fair he didn't have long to sign anyone never mind go and watch them play

he's had 18 months to scout potential signings. Just because you've not heard an interview doesn't mean it won't exist. jeeessssuuuussss !!!!!!!!!!

Personal insults are not warranted by you or anybody else. Posts will be deleted, or amended.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 14, 2018, 06:26:02 pm by esdailles left foot »
because some of the budget is still taken up by players who are that bad we couldn't get rid of and had to loan them to lower league clubs whilst still paying some of their wages

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 14, 2018, 06:27:51 pm by esdailles left foot »
Not heard that interview

he's had 18 months to scout potential signings. Just because you've not heard an interview doesn't mean it won't exist. jeeessssuuuussss !!!!!!!!!!

Personal insults are not warranted by you or anybody else. Posts will be deleted, or amended.

fine but i hope that's aimed at more than one person.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 14, 2018, 06:32:23 pm by silent majority »
because some of the budget is still taken up by players who are that bad we couldn't get rid of and had to loan them to lower league clubs whilst still paying some of their wages

That's a miniscule amount in terms of the whole budget, I wouldn't be concerned by that.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 14, 2018, 06:36:28 pm by raggytash »
People are forgetting he’s had 3 year to sort it out... ok 18. -24 month with dickovs cast offs running contacts down  , but the team he’s built is just as bad, I think personally there’s not enough coaching or experienced staff at cantley, every game it’s the same old story so what do they actually do down there???

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 14, 2018, 06:39:37 pm by Forum Admin »
Not heard that interview

fine but i hope that's aimed at more than one person.

Of course it is, that's why the sentence 'personal insults are not warranted by you or anyone else' is included.

The forum is here to be enjoyed and debated, its not a place for insults and threats. By anybody!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 14, 2018, 06:41:17 pm by dickos1 »
How can anyone forget something that just isn't true

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 14, 2018, 06:41:37 pm by silent majority »
People are forgetting he’s had 3 year to sort it out... ok 18. -24 month with dickovs cast offs running contacts down  , but the team he’s built is just as bad, I think personally there’s not enough coaching or experienced staff at cantley, every game it’s the same old story so what do they actually do down there???

He has a bigger back-room staff than any previous manager at this club. Cantley Park isn't the problem.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 14, 2018, 06:43:30 pm by Ldr »

He has a bigger back-room staff than any previous manager at this club. Cantley Park isn't the problem.

In your opinion what is the problem SM?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 14, 2018, 06:51:24 pm by silent majority »

In your opinion what is the problem SM?

I just knew somebody would ask that question as soon as I posted it! I very very rarely discuss players or managers on this forum because I leave that to people who know these things better than I do. My area of expertise is club governance and fan issues and engagement.

However my personal opinion is the same as everybody else's, his expectation levels of the players he has under his control is too demanding for the players we have. An example would be Rodney Kongolo, playing a young lad like that in 5 different roles in recent games is too much for him.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 14, 2018, 07:05:07 pm by Not Now Kato »

Based on current performances, probably sit around smoking Woodbines and reading the Daily Mail. 

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 14, 2018, 07:27:20 pm by raggytash »
I think SM is in the same boat as us and I appreciate his honesty, kongolo as played everywhere but goalie, I’d love to ask Ferguson his honest opinion on this season, and who’s to blame, would he hold his hands up?? Or blame the board and puppet Baldwin?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 14, 2018, 07:30:02 pm by silent majority »
I think SM is in the same boat as us and I appreciate his honesty, kongolo as played everywhere but goalie, I’d love to ask Ferguson his honest opinion on this season, and who’s to blame, would he hold his hands up?? Or blame the board and puppet Baldwin?

I don't see how he could blame the board or Gavin, they have supported him at every step.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 14, 2018, 07:33:08 pm by RedJ »
Not sure how Baldwin is a puppet, mind.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 14, 2018, 08:28:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's no doubt, DF has had injury problems to key players to contend with. The injuries to Butler, Wright and Baudry were catastrophic and not been seen since we lost Sharp, Hayter and Mason within two games. The loan rules now make it more difficult to fill the holes. That said, the show must go on and perhaps it's exposed our young players who rely on senior players to get them through the games and difficult times. In terms of experience, regular games at this level, mental toughness, there isn't much when Marquis, Rowe, Copps turn around and look behind them!

On top of that, they're being asked to play a system that requires ALL players to be comfortable at it. It isn't a system for fledgling players.

It's not irrecoverable. Baudry then Butler when back,  McCullough when pushed further forward, can stabilise the ship and restore a better balance.

My concern, as with many others, is he seems to over complicate things tactically when the players are not ready to deal with it. Chopping and changing even when his hand isn't forced isn't getting the desired results. Seeing good young players Houghton and Whiteman shrinking into their shells is horrible to watch.

I really am torn on this as the sensible thing for now is stick with him while key players return but, the clock as always is ticking!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:30:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 14, 2018, 08:33:12 pm by The Red Baron »
I'd like to think (last night's horror show notwithstanding) that we could amass the dozen or so points we'll need to be safe. But then I think the Board has to seriously consider whether DF is the man to take us forward.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 14, 2018, 08:51:28 pm by BigH »

I don't see how he could blame the board or Gavin, they have supported him at every step.
I'd go along with that SM. I think that the Board have been beyond reproach this season.

I think we do have to look at the Manager. And to all the DF 'luvvies' out there let me add that that in no way reflects any undue negativity about our club. DRFC is a great club that deserves to be doing better given the efforts that the Board have made.

I sense a mounting sense of frustration that we have some very good young players but that their total is nowhere near the sum of the parts. Yes, there have been some cruel injuries that have kept other good players out. But - and this is key - at the level we're at, you have to know how to compete effectively with what you've got. Each and every game. Bizarre as it may sound, I thought that Saunders demonstrated that quality.

If I were to level one criticism at DF more than any other it's that he fannies around with theoretical formations and tactics that just don't play to the strengths of the individual players and, in fact, often give rise to major weaknesses that our opponents exploit and which only seem to be addressed at half time or when we're a couple of goals down.

The fact that this comes up as a discussion point time and again suggests a deep-seated flaw in DF's managerial make up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 14, 2018, 08:56:49 pm by Campsall rover »
We had only a few days to find emergency replacements at centre half and Anderson was probably one of the few available who is actually match fit having played all season for Port Vale. On paper and considering the time pressure I think it was a sensible move. Fergie didn't cause Baudry, Butler and Wright to all get injured at once and I'm sick of seeing criticism about the replacements signed because it was either them or no one basically.

I agree that the injuries were not the fault of the manager.
However, it is clear that the two new players are not as comfortable on the ball as the three injured players so why did he start with a three at the back and continue to have the ball rolled out to them to build from there.
Surely in this situation a solid back four with Houghton and McCullough in front of them would have been better in an away game against a team with a strong recent home record.
That’s far too simple though. It might actually work. Oh I forgot round pegs in round holes does work.
I quite frankly am at my wits end with his tacticts. Tactically he is starting to make PD look like a decent manager. Things must be bad then.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 14, 2018, 09:27:39 pm by drfchound »
I sense a growing swell of discontent with DF.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 14, 2018, 09:41:06 pm by dickos1 »
Not really
It's the same old people

As Gaz said earlier about not understanding the round pegs in round holes, Rowe has played a lot at wing back as has Blair.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 14, 2018, 09:55:30 pm by drfchound »
Many more posters now suggesting that that the manager has run his course with us.
You only have to read the threads.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 14, 2018, 10:04:37 pm by dickos1 »
I have
It's the same old faces

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 14, 2018, 10:20:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
For me we all seem to see the problems but DF is perhaps too stubborn to change which i hate to see, hope i'm wrong!

Think we'll stay up with DF but the question has to be asked if he can bring anymore than that. I know we've had a few injuries recently but I actually think we've a good set of players and the manager is under achieving with rather than getting the best out of them, the things good managers do.

I can take the league position, its expected as we've just come back up, but the entertainment on the pitch has been poor most of the season which for me makes it really hard to keep the faith with DF.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 14, 2018, 10:22:21 pm by Filo »
Many more posters now suggesting that that the manager has run his course with us.
You only have to read the threads.

It's a very small number that are saying his time is up, others are expressing concern regarding his formations and team selection, there is a difference

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 14, 2018, 10:26:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have owners giving the club money hand over fist and we have gone precisely nowhere in the last 2.5 years other than down (and to be fair, back up) but we are now only two points or so better off than we were at same point the last time we were in League One. For all the cash the owners have flung in to the black hole, you might have expected a little more in that time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012