Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:48:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson  (Read 13930 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson
« Reply #60 on February 14, 2018, 10:28:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The one thing that pisses me off the most is his inability to get the best out of Tommy Rowe and now playing him at left back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 14, 2018, 10:32:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Generally, it is baffling. I am not a professional football player, but if you are a 19 or 20 year old player and have to cope with whatever formation and team is pulled out of the hat each Saturday, god only knows what you make of all this. He also has a fairly awful track record consisting of not only dropping but getting out of the club those players who make an individual error once, or having substituted them, leaving them out for weeks on end. With a young squad like we have, this just crush the lads.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 14, 2018, 10:38:48 pm by dickos1 »
He's played left back once this season,
Left wing back is completely different and suits Rowe.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 14, 2018, 10:44:59 pm by Campsall rover »
The one thing that pisses me off the most is his inability to get the best out of Tommy Rowe and now playing him at left back.
Me too. That’s the thing that is more baffling than anything else. Even the Walsall press reporter picked up on it. He has this asset called Tommy Rowe one of the best attacking midfielders in
League 1 and he does not use it to hurt the opposition.
Same with Matty Blair although not as talented. But he has pace. No team likes to have to face players running at them at pace into the danger area. But no he plays them as full backs ???

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 14, 2018, 10:50:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Left wing back still means your primary role is to defend and attack is your secondary role. It does not suit Tommy Rowe and that is the primary reason why we have not won in the last 9 matches.
Not the only reason but it has been the major factor.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 14, 2018, 10:51:11 pm by BigH »
Dickos, can I ask you a question?

Our form has slipped. What would you do?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 14, 2018, 10:53:51 pm by mushRTID »
He's played left back once this season,
Left wing back is completely different and suits Rowe.

It suits him?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 14, 2018, 10:54:47 pm by dickos1 »
Disagree, a wing backs role is just as important going forward as going backwards. Probably even more so as you've the third centre half covering you defensively.  Hence why most wingbacks used to be wingers rather than full backs.

I played wingback for years, hated it. And Rowe probably does too as it's a lot more work to get through. But without Andrew fit I'd say he's our best option if we're playing that formation

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 14, 2018, 10:59:43 pm by dickos1 »

I think it's our home form that's the worry, so is work at ways to be more successful at home, our away form is decent when you look at the recent results. If we'd had better at home we'd be on a good run at the minute.

I'd definitely play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3
Have Rowe and Blair further up the pitch, mason and Garrett full backs,  McCullough /houghton in middle and I'd be tempted to start kiwomya with marquis

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 14, 2018, 11:04:03 pm by Campsall rover »
Disagree, a wing backs role is just as important going forward as going backwards. Probably even more so as you've the third centre half covering you defensively.  Hence why most wingbacks used to be wingers rather than full backs.

I played wingback for years, hated it. And Rowe probably does too as it's a lot more work to get through. But without Andrew fit I'd say he's our best option if we're playing that formation
I don’t expect you to agree with me. Gave that one up a long time ago.
I am not going to get drawn into another argument with you ok.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 14, 2018, 11:07:27 pm by dickos1 »
Arguement?
Just pointing out a wing backs role is more forward thinking than defensive.
walker, Rowe, Valencia, Moses, alonso, all very good wing backs that are naturally attack minded players

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 14, 2018, 11:09:32 pm by Campsall rover »

I think it's our home form that's the worry, so is work at ways to be more successful at home, our away form is decent when you look at the recent results. If we'd had better at home we'd be on a good run at the minute.

Have Rowe and Blair further up the pitch, mason and Garrett full backs,  McCullough /houghton in middle and I'd be tempted to start kiwomya with marquis
We agree Halelluh.
You said wing back suits Rowe. Now you agree he should be playing further up the pitch. I am confused as you are contradicting yourself.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 14, 2018, 11:14:01 pm by dickos1 »
It does suit him, he's got a good engine he's strong he's for a good left foot, but I'd still like to see him higher up the pitch at home, and away from home I think wing back and three in midfield is the best way for us. To try and get hold of the midfield

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 14, 2018, 11:22:36 pm by Campsall rover »
It does suit him, he's got a good engine he's strong he's for a good left foot, but I'd still like to see him higher up the pitch at home, and away from home I think wing back and three in midfield is the best way for us. To try and get hold of the midfield
Were you there last night? That’s what he played last night. We looked like a set of 11 players that had never played together before. We were 3-0 down at half time and Walsall who are a very average team never had to break sweat. So that worked well didn’t it.  :facepalm:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 15, 2018, 07:19:35 am by dickos1 »
It's one game mate, and the defeat wasn't just down to him. He's played well there in games this season.
I've said I prefer him higher up the pitch but when we're playing with wingbacks I'd much rather have him there than Garrett

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 15, 2018, 08:49:47 am by Campsall rover »
It's one game mate, and the defeat wasn't just down to him. He's played well there in games this season.
I've said I prefer him higher up the pitch but when we're playing with wingbacks I'd much rather have him there than Garrett
The whole point is we shouldn’t be playing wing backs at all.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 15, 2018, 09:08:08 am by sedwardsdrfc »
We don't have enough of the ball to get Rowe high enough up the pitch to do damage at wing back! only every now and again does he get in  position to hurt the opposition

he's probably our best player so why play in a role that requires more of a worker, i get it for matty even though its not ideal but playing Rowe wing back is like Chelsea playing Hazard at wing back

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 15, 2018, 09:28:43 am by Campsall rover »
We don't have enough of the ball to get Rowe high enough up the pitch to do damage at wing back! only every now and again does he get in  position to hurt the opposition

he's probably our best player so why play in a role that requires more of a worker, i get it for matty even though its not ideal but playing Rowe wing back is like Chelsea playing Hazard at wing back
Or Sanchez or deBruyner (sorry about spelling) exactly it’s madness City or United would waste there most creative player at wing back. Garrett was playing ok as a conventional left back in a 4
We had a great December and now he has dropped him playing a 3/5 and just look how successful that is once again NOT.  It got us relegated in 2016 and it will again in 2018 UNLESS THE LIGHT TURNS ON.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 15, 2018, 09:35:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
People are forgetting he’s had 3 year to sort it out... ok 18. -24 month with dickovs cast offs running contacts down  , but the team he’s built is just as bad, I think personally there’s not enough coaching or experienced staff at cantley, every game it’s the same old story so what do they actually do down there???

The last few matches have been poor and Tuesday was horrific, but take a step back and think whether it’s reallt fair to say that we’re no better off than we were two years ago.

We currently have 4 of our first choice 5 defenders missing from that squad. That is what has led to the collapse in performances over the past month. Prior to that, we’d been in near play-off form for have a season.

The critical thing is getting Baudry and hopefully Butler back for the last 10 games. Get them back fit and we’ll stay up comfortably.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 15, 2018, 09:40:56 am by drfchound »

Dickos, those formations that you mention are the ones, particularly 4-4-2, that most supporters can see will suit the players we have the best.
DF clearly does not agree and the lack of wins proves it.
This is one of the things that is turning people against him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 15, 2018, 09:42:43 am by dickos1 »

In your opinion yes

It's the best system away from home in my opinion especially if the opposition set up that way. Almost impossible to get control in middle of park if you're a man short

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 15, 2018, 09:44:31 am by dickos1 »

Dickos, those formations that you mention are the ones, particularly 4-4-2, that most supporters can see will suit the players we have the best.

We've played far more games with 4 at back rather than 3 this season
So not sure your point proves anything with regards lack of wins

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 15, 2018, 09:53:57 am by drfchound »

Without going back over all the matches I don’t know whether we have or not, however, clearly, we started with three at the back on Tuesday and got stuffed.
He started the team that way with players who can’t play that system.
Why?
We obviously haven’t won enough games this season and my bet, without checking back of course, is that plenty of the defeats have come about by starting with a back three.

Also, going back to a previous point of discussion between us, there are more and more posters showing discontent with DF, not “just the same old faces” as you put it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 15, 2018, 09:57:58 am by Campsall rover »
How many games have we won since Oct 2015 playing a back 3/5 Dickos. You can count them on one hand. You have just answered your own question Dickos because we got promoted last season playing a flat back 4 in probably 40 of the 46 matches.
Please tell me which system works best?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 15, 2018, 10:18:05 am by RedJ »

Without going back over all the matches I don’t know whether we have or not, however, clearly, we started with three at the back on Tuesday and got stuffed.
Why?
We obviously haven’t won enough games this season and my bet, without checking back of course, is that plenty of the defeats have come about by starting with a back three.

Also, going back to a previous point of discussion between us, there are more and more posters showing discontent with DF, not “just the same old faces” as you put it.

And the fans in the stands started to turn on him on Tuesday, first time for a long time that's happened.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 15, 2018, 10:40:59 am by The Red Baron »

In your opinion yes

It's the best system away from home in my opinion especially if the opposition set up that way. Almost impossible to get control in middle of park if you're a man short

Walsall played 4-4-2, so maybe someone hasn't done their homework on them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 15, 2018, 11:38:23 am by dickos1 »

Why?

Exactly you don't know but still stating it as a fact. There may be a couple more moaning but there's still the majority who are fed up with the constant negative posts from the same old negative people

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 15, 2018, 11:39:58 am by dickos1 »
How many games have we won since Oct 2015 playing a back 3/5 Dickos. You can count them on one hand. You have just answered your own question Dickos because we got promoted last season playing a flat back 4 in probably 40 of the 46 matches.
Please tell me which system works best?

I guarantee you, you're making stuff up.
We've even changed to 3 at the back over the last few weeks when we've been losing and it's aided us to get a draw

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 15, 2018, 11:46:55 am by dickos1 »
It's an absolutely ridiculous arguement, you're all going on that 3 at the back is the only reason we're struggling. We played 4 on Saturday which is arguably the worst we've played all season

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 15, 2018, 12:08:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It's an absolutely ridiculous arguement, you're all going on that 3 at the back is the only reason we're struggling. We played 4 on Saturday which is arguably the worst we've played all season

Only because of the players he had in the full back positions, play Mason on the right and Garrett on the left, it would be a solid set up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012