Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:48:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Micheal Gibson .....  (Read 12031 times)

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
Re: Micheal Gibson .....
« Reply #60 on December 28, 2019, 05:13:18 pm by Michael Gibson »
Thing with sharp, his apparent wages were 10k a week but was he worth it??? Of course he was, I know we support a massive wage bill but a sign of intent after clearing the would help, personally I feel a lot of money is being directed to the dons who are now paying big money out, how on earth this can be justified I don’t know.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 28, 2019, 05:15:43 pm by CJK »
Aye and let’s not bother bringing Whiteman into the equation as that would spoil it...what an investment that is turning out to be.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 28, 2019, 05:15:51 pm by Michael Gibson »
I know we won’t support a massive bill.... and fully justified but after the summer exits it’s just not adding up.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 28, 2019, 05:17:03 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Jackanory...  Jackanory...  Jackanory..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 28, 2019, 05:17:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I know we won’t support a massive bill.... and fully justified but after the summer exits it’s just not adding up.

Got the figures then, have you? Or are you just guessing and passing it off as fact?

PS Have you also got any figures for how much of the Marquis transfer money went to pay the tax bill you said it did?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 28, 2019, 05:18:48 pm by Michael Gibson »
It’s great to see people who can’t have a normal conversation chirp up again, what’s the point of the forum?? I’m not saying I’m right??

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 28, 2019, 05:20:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It’s great to see people who can’t have a normal conversation chirp up again, what’s the point of the forum?? I’m not saying I’m right??

Not saying you're right? Not saying when you're wrong either, are you?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 28, 2019, 05:26:00 pm by Michael Gibson »
So how much do you think the dons lads are on??? Rangi chase and Peltier from Bradford???? I recommend you look at appropriate forums and especially see Bradford bulls fans opinions as they can’t compete with Donny financially!!! Also personally knowing a lad who plays it’s certainly not peanuts!!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 28, 2019, 05:36:42 pm by vaya »
So how much do you think the dons lads are on??? Rangi chase and Peltier from Bradford???? I recommend you look at appropriate forums and especially see Bradford bulls fans opinions as they can’t compete with Donny financially!!! Also personally knowing a lad who plays it’s certainly not peanuts!!!
You've previously argued not enough money or ambition was going into the Dons, now it's too much.

Looks like you can't even convince yourself. Seems unlikely you're going to convince anyone else.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 28, 2019, 06:25:30 pm by idler »
Surely the Rovers and the Dons are two separate entities under the Club Doncaster umbrella.
Sharing office staff and space surely saves both sides money. The playing staff budget will be sanctioned and provided by the different boards.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 28, 2019, 07:16:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Completely f**king irrelevant to Rovers.

PS I repeat - have you got any figures for how much of the Marquis transfer money went to pay the tax bill you said it did?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 07:21:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 28, 2019, 07:48:19 pm by Draytonian III »
Swindon,Fleetwood,Mansfield aren’t the best examples to follow with their owners, but a man with your knowledge Micheal will have researched that . I bet you’re a great bloke to go for a pint with

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 28, 2019, 07:52:08 pm by Michael Gibson »
so are you stating that the dons can afford 10 grand a week minimum on wages with gates of 500??? Unbelievable....it’s obvious to all and sundry that the rovers budget has been slashed with all the high earners gone and the dons has been massively increased, like I say go on the bulls forum and see the numbers being banded about!!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 28, 2019, 08:00:33 pm by idler »
It will show in the accounts of both clubs how the budget is spent.
Do you honestly think that our board would starve the Rovers of funds to subsidise the Dons?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 28, 2019, 08:03:33 pm by vaya »
so are you stating that the dons can afford 10 grand a week minimum on wages with gates of 500??? Unbelievable....it’s obvious to all and sundry that the rovers budget has been slashed with all the high earners gone and the dons has been massively increased, like I say go on the bulls forum and see the numbers being banded about!!

So obvious you can provide nothing to back up anything you've said in this entire thread, apart from telling people to look at a West Yorkshire Rugby League forum.

You're not convincing anyone of anything.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 28, 2019, 08:06:40 pm by Michael Gibson »
I’m not to sure if it all comes under club Doncaster I’m quite sure it does, but from the outside and knowing the dons now get paid weekly instead of the old win and lose and appearance fee that’s a massive increase in outgoings and on gates like that it’s not sustainable so I can only presume it’s taken a dent on drfc, purely on the outgoings and incomings, we’ve all witnessed.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 28, 2019, 08:07:46 pm by Michael Gibson »
Vaya I work with a lad who plays so I don’t think we should go there tbh...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 28, 2019, 08:08:19 pm by wilts rover »

People have been saying this for years - ever since John Ryan left - and every year when the accounts have come out they have been wrong.

How much less than last year is this year's budget Michael? Then we can check when the accounts come out?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 28, 2019, 08:11:40 pm by Michael Gibson »
I’m not an accountant mate but I’m going on the facts the dons are now paid even in the off season where as they didn’t use to be and that goes for the lot!! You do the maths!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 28, 2019, 08:14:03 pm by vaya »
I’m not an accountant mate but I’m going on the facts the dons are now paid even in the off season where as they didn’t use to be and that goes for the lot!! You do the maths!!

How about you do it, and provide these figures you've been asked for, repeatedly.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 28, 2019, 08:17:31 pm by Michael Gibson »
Unbelievable!! How about you take it in as a fact???? I’m not here to prove myself because I know 100 per cent! Where as you don’t!! Rose tinted glasses and all that!!

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 28, 2019, 08:19:43 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Andy Williams was a free

Yes. And a twenty goal striker.

Wrong. Never ever scored 20 goals in a season and missed alot more and the heart of a pea! Put him and the howler misses as a big part of why we went down in the disaster  second half of 15-16 season.. suggest you get your stats right...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 28, 2019, 08:20:10 pm by vaya »
Unbelievable!! How about you take it in as a fact???? I’m not here to prove myself because I know 100 per cent! Where as you don’t!! Rose tinted glasses and all that!!

So you don't have to prove facts.

A new frontier in science beckons.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on December 28, 2019, 08:20:44 pm by vaya »
Andy Williams was a free

Wrong. Never ever scored 20 goals in a season and missed alot more and the heart of a pea! Put him and the howler misses as a big part of why we went down in the disaster  second half of 15-16 season.. suggest you get your stats right...

I didn't say he scored twenty goals for us.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 28, 2019, 08:25:57 pm by wilts rover »

I don't need to do the maths. I read the accounts when they are published and then I know what the figures are.

And I am betting that the funding of the Dons has no effect whatsover on the funding of Rovers - seeing how it never had in the past when 'people' made these same accusations.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 28, 2019, 08:28:35 pm by Michael Gibson »
Neither did I, I’m just stating the dons have had a massive increase in turnover and on gates of 500 and it’s not right, Would you say we’ve had an increase or decrease in investment???? We’ve a piss poor squad this season, get rid of Rowe, marquis etc and get Bingham and Thomas???? Mmmmmmmmm

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 28, 2019, 08:29:55 pm by Michael Gibson »
If that’s the case how you can you pay 10-15k a week when you’ve 500 season tick holders at 100 pound each lol ffs lads come on!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 28, 2019, 08:33:35 pm by IDM »
Put up, or shut up..

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 28, 2019, 08:34:30 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Andy Williams was a free

What does calling him a 20 goal striker refer to if not 20 bloody goals a season!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 28, 2019, 08:36:43 pm by vaya »
Andy Williams was a free

What does calling him a 20 goal striker refer to if not 20 bloody goals a season!

Because he scored 20 goals for Swindon the season before we signed him. Suggest you get your stats right.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012