Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:03:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: iFollow streaming question  (Read 10309 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: iFollow streaming question
« Reply #30 on September 09, 2020, 08:52:25 am by IDM »
I think the argument is that st holders may get the opportunity to watch in the stadium before too long - so out youth/child tickets being cheap they would still great value.

The only fall down I can see at the moment is if there is a 17/18 year old st holder happening to live on their own, who can’t use ifollow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 09, 2020, 09:07:56 am by adamtherover »
You can watch the games on the app too.
that's one of my points, exactly where on the app? When u click on the match, details of the time and date etc pop up, but there's no more clickable links? Does it come to life on match day?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 09, 2020, 09:58:45 am by deebee »
My point exactly it's like a 17 year old turning up at the KM to watch a match and being told sorry you can't come in as your ticket was cheaper.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 09, 2020, 10:30:08 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Another point though is that there are a lot of under 18's who have bought season tickets but can't stream the game as you have to be over 18 to be able to register for iFollow. Where is their compensation?

Just remind me how much a season ticket is for U18's?

Lets not forget this is a temporary solution, designed so far for a couple of games.

It's a really bad idea.  The youngsters are the future of the football club and fanbase.  What we should be doing is giving them every opportunity to watch. Discrimination based on age as this is in my view, is totally wrong.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 09, 2020, 10:36:57 am by silent majority »
Another point though is that there are a lot of under 18's who have bought season tickets but can't stream the game as you have to be over 18 to be able to register for iFollow. Where is their compensation?

Lets not forget this is a temporary solution, designed so far for a couple of games.

It's a really bad idea.  The youngsters are the future of the football club and fanbase.  What we should be doing is giving them every opportunity to watch. Discrimination based on age as this is in my view, is totally wrong.

It's not us, it's the agreement with Sky Sports.

And they would argue we should think ourselves lucky that they're making this service available.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 09, 2020, 10:37:22 am by silent majority »
My point exactly it's like a 17 year old turning up at the KM to watch a match and being told sorry you can't come in as your ticket was cheaper.

It's nothing remotely similar.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 09, 2020, 10:42:27 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

It's not us, it's the agreement with Sky Sports.

And they would argue we should think ourselves lucky that they're making this service available.

Apologies I should have made clear I wasn't attaching blame to anyone drfc related on this.

The point though remains the same.  Whilst I understand the commercial point with sky, I don't agree at all with the agreement as it stsnds, the point needs to be made.

Your average 16 year old will blame the football club and that is damaging.  Let's see what the club do. For me it would be well worth them explaining it and actually saying how frustrating they see it that it can't be offered to young sth too.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 09, 2020, 10:49:07 am by silent majority »
To be fair bfyp they have enough to do.

It's been apparent for some weeks now that the club, (and not just ours) are really stretched with having to deal with everything that's come their way, and how some things just arrive at the last minute either from government, the EFL, SAG's etc etc. And all this crammed into a very short pre-season and with less staff to do the implementing.

To have live streaming at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon is a complete one-off, never done before and probably never again. Its envisaged that it will be for a handful of games, so enjoy what we can whilst we can.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 09, 2020, 12:37:39 pm by deebee »
My point is that you cannot subscribe to iFollow until you are 18 irrespective of if you want to watch the game or not. I cannot see what that has got to do with Sky. If it is an EFL thing then why? it's not like they are showing anything with adult content in. Like bfyp says we should be encouraging fans of ALL ages to access the club at every opportunity. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 09, 2020, 12:43:05 pm by silent majority »
My point is that you cannot subscribe to iFollow until you are 18 irrespective of if you want to watch the game or not. I cannot see what that has got to do with Sky. If it is an EFL thing then why? it's not like they are showing anything with adult content in. Like bfyp says we should be encouraging fans of ALL ages to access the club at every opportunity. 

It's everything to do with Sky, iFollow just piggy back off their service.

And I'm sure that when supporters are allowed back the U18's will get their £35's worth. And it's hardly unlikely that they won't get access in their own household under current circumstances.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:46:17 pm by silent majority »

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 09, 2020, 11:15:36 pm by bradford exile »

My Grandson and I are both season ticket holders.Both live at different addresses.

We both use my e-mail address.

I have just received my code for the MK Dons game, but there isn't one for him

Can we both use the same code as the e-mail says it is unique to me

Regards

Ray

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 10, 2020, 12:50:39 pm by bedale rover »
Hi
Still trying to figure out the definitively best way to watch the match on the TV
is it via a cable from the laptop to the TV?
Or it chromecast the best way?

Help?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 10, 2020, 12:53:24 pm by deebee »
Best way is a Chromecast but both should work

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 10, 2020, 01:01:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
I’ve got a hdmi cable from iPad it mirrors everything on my iPad but I can’t watch live on the tv. I can watch video of the game after on tv.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 10, 2020, 01:09:24 pm by Retdon1 »

Is their a reason you can’t stream the game from the I Follow App on your phone via Chromcast to your TV ?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 10, 2020, 02:07:58 pm by deebee »
No everything can be streemed to a Chromecast from any device that has Google Chrome installed.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 10, 2020, 02:19:09 pm by adamtherover »

Is their a reason you can’t stream the game from the I Follow App on your phone via Chromcast to your TV ?
if the browser /app doesn't have the chrome cast logo to natively cast the app, just go to the Google home app and cast screen, it doesn't know or care what the content is, it just mirrors the screen..

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 10, 2020, 03:45:28 pm by Retdon1 »

if the browser /app doesn't have the chrome cast logo to natively cast the app, just go to the Google home app and cast screen, it doesn't know or care what the content is, it just mirrors the screen..

Sorry I might be being really thick here but where on the google home app is the Cast screen option.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 10, 2020, 04:24:16 pm by deebee »
I have to disagree. If you have Google Chrome installed on any device go to the top RH corner there are 3 verticle dots. Click on these a box will drop down, halfway down you will see the word cast (you do NOT need the cast symbol). Click the word cast another box will open showing the name you gave your cast receiver ie:-(chrome cast or a firestick will work)  when you installed it. Click on this and your screen will appear on your tv assuming you had it set to your cast device. You can now log into iFollow and stream the match. you will have to leave both tv and pc or tablet running. 

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 10, 2020, 04:30:32 pm by Retdon1 »
I have to disagree. If you have Google Chrome installed on any device go to the top RH corner there are 3 verticle dots. Click on these a box will drop down, halfway down you will see the word cast (you do NOT need the cast symbol). Click the word cast another box will open showing the name you gave your cast receiver ie:-(chrome cast or a firestick will work)  when you installed it. Click on this and your screen will appear on your tv assuming you had it set to your cast device. You can now log into iFollow and stream the match. you will have to leave both tv and pc or tablet running. 

This works fine on my laptop and tablet etc but there was no option to do that from my I Phone when I tried to do it for the Blackburn game last week

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 10, 2020, 05:00:00 pm by deebee »
Ok try this download an app called All cast. When installed open Chrome on your ipad tap the 3 verticle dots top right from the drop down list choose share and when that list opens choose Allcast

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 10, 2020, 05:50:22 pm by adamtherover »

Sorry I might be being really thick here but where on the google home app is the Cast screen option.
as long as you are in the same WiFi network as the chrome cast, open up Google home, bottom left hand corner, a TV icon will display with the name of your chrome cast name, such as living room TV etc, tap that, then you have 3 screens which more or less say cast screen 3 times on subsequent pages, then you are good to go.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 10, 2020, 06:18:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Have we any more thought on a dedicated Sticky thread for iFollow, with clear instructions laid out in the first post?

Surely this would be helpful before the weekend as this forum will be a place fans may think to look on to try and solve any issues they're having with it whilst trying to get to grips with it all for however long it is needed.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on September 10, 2020, 07:07:42 pm by elmsallrover »
I was under the impression that you couldn't cromecast it as they don't want people to take it down to the pub and everyone can watch it there

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 10, 2020, 07:51:33 pm by deebee »
You can Chromecast anything on a pc using the method I listed above with the exception of Sky go that will not cast at all.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 10, 2020, 08:10:17 pm by mjg »
This might be a silly question but who actually gets the money from I follow is it the club or the efl

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 10, 2020, 10:06:31 pm by adamtherover »
I was under the impression that you couldn't cromecast it as they don't want people to take it down to the pub and everyone can watch it there
incorrect, there might not be a native chrome cast compatible icon, but that does tmesn you can't use the mirror screen facility on Google home. As I mentioned elsewhere, it doesn't know or care what's on your screen, it just copies it to your TV.   Result!!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 10, 2020, 10:56:25 pm by graingrover »
I understand the club gets 80% of the I follow charge ...SM can  put me right if mistaken

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 11, 2020, 02:43:21 pm by bedale rover »
Hi
Still trying to figure out the definitively best way to watch the match on the TV
is it via a cable from the laptop to the TV?
Or it chromecast the best way?

Help?

Bought a Chromecast last night  but after about an hour still couldnt connect to my phone
I think it is faulty so taking it back to get another one to try that

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 12, 2020, 08:08:13 am by Muttley »
I’m trying to log in to iFollow in the web browser on my TV but it won’t accept my details - is this not possible?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012