Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:44:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Blackburn Rovers cup game  (Read 12050 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Blackburn Rovers cup game
« on January 03, 2021, 05:09:21 pm by selby »
  Only a guess that this game will go ahead against a Blackburn side that was wracked by injury and their own Covid problems v Birmingham City yesterday but with a patched up defence still managed a clean sheet and goals by Armstrong and our old foe Bradley Dack, his first for thirteen months after a serious cruciate injury, which is pleasing to hear about but hopefully he doesn't add to it next week.
 Tony Mowbray thought the performance was the worst of the season saying " the positives are the result, a clean sheet, and Dack's goal, but we have played so much better and lost, we only had two shots in the second half, we'll get on the bus take the points and go home".
  Winning when playing like that if true is not a bad habit to have, and shows in a way what is in front of us next week, they are the top scorers in the Championship with their fast raiding style of play and in Armstrong and Dack pose a big threat, those two knowing where the back of the net is on a regular basis. Gallagher and Benton are quick raiding players so we will have our hands full.
  What team we are going to be able to put out again is in the laps of the gods, not only because guessing the team in normal times is as hard as six lottery numbers, but now we have the added problem of Covid in the camp and the club keeping who close to their chest (rightly so), Lets just hope that everyone will be well for the game and have all recovered, and not just for footballs sake but their own health and well being.
   What team would you pick assuming all are available?
   Are we capable of causing an upset?
   Can we shackle an obviously dangerous team going forward?
   In normal times is it a game that would have attracted you enough to go to watch away from home?
   Do you want us to field as strong a side as possible?
   Do you put much emphasis on the FA cup, or would you rather us concentrate on our league position?
   Lots of interesting angles to this game, lots of money in hard times to be won in this competition which the club could do with, please have your say everyone welcome.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Blackburn Rovers cup game
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2021, 05:12:33 pm by bedale rover »
I would hope that Gomes will be fit and be able to take part?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2021, 05:34:42 pm by tyke1962 »
You cant afford to give Armstrong an inch , however nowt to say Mowbray will play his strongest side with the first half of the season schedule and having just completed the festive period .

They aren't so good at the back this lot and they can be got at which is your best route to win the game , get at em and attack .

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2021, 05:52:27 pm by rich1471 »
Is the game on BT sports as im sure i read somewhere all 32 games are to be shown live

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2021, 06:10:38 pm by Chris the Rover »
Isn’t it via an FA website? I think you have to register to gain access. I’m expecting a beating in the game itself. They have managed to keep playing whilst we will no doubt be very rusty after a layoff.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2021, 06:25:29 pm by Janso »
It's on the FA Player. No idea if you can get on that on their website, but it's an app. If you've bought England tickets before, you can use the same login you used for that. It's free but you need an account.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2021, 06:29:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
Concentrate on the league and just pick the best team we can to play the game. Squads not big enough to keep playing extra games.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2021, 06:33:51 pm by the vicar »
2 things on this. They might not play there full team with pushing for promotion. If we don’t play it we will forfeit it and lose the losing money, so we really have to play it even if it’s with some of the young players, then we will find out what players are out with the virus

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2021, 06:36:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
2 things on this. They might not play there full team with pushing for promotion. If we don’t play it we will forfeit it and lose the losing money, so we really have to play it even if it’s with some of the young players, then we will find out what players are out with the virus
All 5 players who tested positive are available after 10 days on the 5th of January whether they well enough or fit enough we won’t know till Saturday.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 03, 2021, 06:36:58 pm by the vicar »
Concentrate on the league and just pick the best team we can to play the game. Squads not big enough to keep playing extra games.
that’s fine but with all this going on, and little funds coming in we need the money

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 03, 2021, 06:38:14 pm by Filo »

As I understand it to losers don’t get any money from the 3rd round onwards

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2021, 06:39:25 pm by the vicar »
I’m not sure about that one

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 03, 2021, 06:42:29 pm by Filo »
I’m not sure about that one

Apologies, it’s from the 4th round onwards
https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/prize-fund

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2021, 06:47:48 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm not sure that's the case. That page didn't list an amount for 3rd Round losers until recently and people said it indicated no prize money for losers in Round 3, so it seems that maybe the amount for each round is only decided close to the date of the fixtures.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2021, 07:20:01 pm by selby »
  I think not being fancied gives us the chance to go there and just give it a go whoever makes the team up. I don't want us to go there and play half heartedly.
  We are capable of giving them a tough game, and that is what I want to see, I can accept getting beaten if we give it our best shot and don't just roll over.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 03, 2021, 07:39:29 pm by graingrover »
there is no money for the loser in this  year’s FA cup ..ridiculous as that may seem .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 03, 2021, 07:47:29 pm by drfchound »
Yes there is.
It was announced very recently, as RA has already said.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 03, 2021, 07:52:20 pm by selby »
  In our first cup meeting this season we had more supporters tune into the game on ifollow than Blackburn did.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 03, 2021, 07:55:00 pm by eastender »
I posted this in a different thread 3 weeks ago

The prize money as been revised for R3 , the winners were to get £82K ,the losers Nothing.
Now it is to be shared with the winners receiving £61,500 and the losers £20,500,plus the the TV money(FA Player) £20K.
So Rovers are guaranteed £40,500

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 03, 2021, 07:58:35 pm by adamtherover »
there is no money for the loser in this  year’s FA cup ..ridiculous as that may seem .
surely the winners purse for getting by round 2 was the prize?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 03, 2021, 08:05:10 pm by drfchound »
There has been prize money for winners and losers in all rounds of the FACup this season, including the preliminary rounds.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 03, 2021, 08:10:21 pm by Filo »
There has been prize money for winners and losers in all rounds of the FACup this season, including the preliminary rounds.

I don’t think anyone is saying any different

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 03, 2021, 08:14:45 pm by drfchound »

I don’t think anyone is saying any different

So what was grainge saying.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:58:47 pm by drfchound »

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 03, 2021, 08:18:18 pm by Branton Rover »
Seems strange to say it but if we get knocked out without injury is a good result especially with the amount of games remaining - we’re in strange times!

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 03, 2021, 09:02:42 pm by elmsallrover »
Will I be able to cast it to my tv

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 04, 2021, 12:22:29 pm by deebee »
Yes, you can The F A player has cast built-in. I have tried it and it works fine. The Rovers match is already listed on the home page ready to go.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 04, 2021, 12:56:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Getting too far behind league fixtures is a concern as it was last season.

Points in the bag is always better than playing catch up.

This season is intense as it is, so any further fixture lag could be damaging to our priorities of the league. We mention the prize money of £42,000? Well, measure that up to the £6m we would gain from promotion before even kicking a ball.

We had gained some ground back with the recent run of fixtures however, that was swiftly brought to an abrupt halt with the squad infections. Fortunately, some of our rivals have also been affected but, I wouldn't want to be any further behind. Lincoln have already stolen a march in very quick time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 01:22:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 04, 2021, 02:16:28 pm by selby »
  I think people might be getting too far in front, I can't see the TV companies paying the same money to broadcast games from now on.
  Clubs like Man Utd City and Arsenal could even break from the rest and know they would be better off.
  The full broadcasting of games in the Covid era has shown the gulf in interest in watching anything but the top sides, and if people think the big clubs have not taken notice they will be in for a bug surprise, and they only think of themselves as the past few months have shown.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 04, 2021, 06:00:08 pm by Donnybob »
I have access to some Prem games via Amazon Prime and lately a few on the Beeb yet rarely switched one on because I have zero interest in Burnley verses West Brom, or Villa, or any of the other mundane games between over-paid mercenaries. Nor am I interested in mismatch games between a Liverpool and a Brighton or Sheff Utd. Maybe it would be better if the big 6 took 60% of the pot, did away with parachute payments and concentrated on their European designs while the rest of the proper clubs then compete in real competitive leagues subsidised by the other 40% of TV money with a much fairer split of the pot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012