Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:45:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Blackburn Rovers cup game  (Read 12049 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Blackburn Rovers cup game
« Reply #120 on January 09, 2021, 07:58:42 pm by dickos1 »
Nope
I said it does make you think the club are taking the micky out of us.
The basis is that now it’s being revealed that he didn’t play because his head has been turned which was what many people’s first thoughts were today when he wasn’t in the squad.
But got slagged off by people like you for even suggesting such a thing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 09, 2021, 08:00:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was from “a source”. Seemingly a single source. We don’t even know the source and this situation is hardly short of vested interests. Nothing has been revealed other than the view of one source.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on January 09, 2021, 08:05:38 pm by dickos1 »
I agree mate
But I’m sure it must be a decent source for Liam to print the story and then also seemingly SM confirming it

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on January 09, 2021, 08:10:40 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe the source is Bens agent

Maybe the fact that BW 'blew up' if that is the exact quote that DM used is he blew up at not being allowed to move clubs or maybe DM told him he wasn't playing because his head had been turned

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on January 09, 2021, 08:15:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nope
I said it does make you think the club are taking the micky out of us.
The basis is that now it’s being revealed that he didn’t play because his head has been turned which was what many people’s first thoughts were today when he wasn’t in the squad.
But got slagged off by people like you for even suggesting such a thing

If you had said “I wonder if something else is preventing him playing" etc, I can go along with that but I still fail to see how you feel the club are taking the mickey out of you when the clubs only statements have been about rejecting bids.

Sometimes the club had to handle difficult situations. At least other posters can understand that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on January 09, 2021, 08:19:56 pm by dickos1 »
But to many it seemed obvious that the reason he wasn’t in today’s squad was linked to a move away rather than anything to do with covid.
Many occasions managers have said players aren’t playing because their head isn’t right.
It’s just taking us as idiots giving us a throw away story

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 09, 2021, 08:22:14 pm by Janso »
To be fair, it was Darren Moore who said it. He largely says what he likes - he wasn't supposed to have communicated which players tested positive for covid, but he did.

But of course people will use it as a stick to beat the board with.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on January 09, 2021, 08:22:31 pm by StocksArmy »
I like what one of there fans said on there site - “ that is a new low we are really struggling now

Ah, the good old days.

"We should be beating the likes of Doncaster!"

The manager was no better. "It was a game we expected to win". Funnily enough I watched the podcast with SOD this morning and he was saying the League One final was a game he felt we wouldnt lose and went on to say once you via off the hope of winning and being confident you are going to win to expecting to win everything changes. Thats not word for word if you havent watched it yet but it was something along those lines. He is absolutely spot on though.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 08:30:04 pm by StocksArmy »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 09, 2021, 08:52:54 pm by RoversAlias »

Maybe the fact that BW 'blew up' if that is the exact quote that DM used is he blew up at not being allowed to move clubs or maybe DM told him he wasn't playing because his head had been turned

"Blew up" doesn't mean with rage, he means physically. He meant Ben was huffing and puffing in training because he hadn't fully recovered from the effects of having Covid.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on January 10, 2021, 10:24:52 am by i_ateallthepies »

"Blew up" doesn't mean with rage, he means physically. He meant Ben was huffing and puffing in training because he hadn't fully recovered from the effects of having Covid.

Exactly my interpretation, RA.  Dickos is being a bit petulant, let's leave him to stew.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 10, 2021, 10:40:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
When I was reading the DFPs player ratings, I had to chuckle to myself when James and Halliday were commended for their performances as holding midfield players.

A few months ago we would have thought this inconceivable and the manager had lost his marbles!

Says alot for the players and manager to show that degree of versatility.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on January 10, 2021, 10:43:25 am by dickos1 »

Exactly my interpretation, RA.  Dickos is being a bit petulant, let's leave him to stew.

Dicko’s hasn’t made any reference at all to “blew up” so I think you’ve got the wrong guy

TinyPortal © 2005-2012