Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:20:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE  (Read 6646 times)

Uhtred

• Forum Member
TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE
« on August 04, 2021, 05:18:03 pm by Uhtred »
What is going to happen at the start of the new season when the referee blows the whistle??????

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2021, 05:23:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Likely at least one of our players will immediately get injured, and Omar will be caught offside.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2021, 05:24:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Likely at least one of our players will immediately get injured, and Omar will be caught offside.

:thumbsup:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2021, 05:34:08 pm by since-1969 »
What is going to happen at the start of the new season when the referee blows the whistle??????
We kick off and start the game !!! No room for politics in sports !!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2021, 05:35:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Do we care?  If the players choose to make a valid anti racism point for ten seconds before kick off that's fine. It doesn't harm our enjoyment of the game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2021, 05:44:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
Totally agree it’s their choice it’s not political. It’s standing against Racism.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2021, 05:51:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Didn't realise racism was about politics.

Rosey

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2021, 06:22:33 pm by Rosey »

Very predictable response from you

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2021, 06:31:20 pm by the vicar »
Not take the knee it’s racist and why bring politics in to sport

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2021, 06:31:34 pm by belton rover »
Do we care?  If the players choose to make a valid anti racism point for ten seconds before kick off that's fine. It doesn't harm our enjoyment of the game.

That’s just about where I am now. I don’t really care either way. That said, if we don’t really care, then what’s the point?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2021, 06:39:18 pm by German Rover »
Not take the knee it’s racist and why bring politics in to sport

Go on then why is an anti racist gesture racist?

Since when has racism been a political issue?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 04, 2021, 06:45:07 pm by the vicar »
It is in its wording BLACK LIVES MATTER

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 04, 2021, 06:49:16 pm by since-1969 »
It’s patronising by labelling a persons of colour as inferior or weak . We are all human and should be judged by our own daily life’s and how we effect others in theirs . Apartite is illegal and by taking the knee politicises  a struggle that is condemned by everyone and should handled only by calling them out for the offence and hurt they inflict or turn the other cheek and don’t fuel their fire of division .

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2021, 06:55:54 pm by German Rover »

Black lives matter highlights the racism and violence against Black people, both historically and in the modern era.

For long periods of time Black people have faced prejudice simply because of the colour of the skin. White people don't face the same institutional racism, that is just a fact.

Alot of people have their heads in the sand about racism, but just this month a friend of mines mixed race son was racially abused in Bentley, by white kids. Why? because these white kids thought his life was worth less than ours because of his skin colour.

It doesn't mean White lives mean less. it means we should all raise each other up.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 04, 2021, 06:56:57 pm by deebee »
If it's just Black lives matter then I can't agree. If it's ALL lives matter no matter what colour then that's OK. It's not just people of dark skin that suffer racism.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 04, 2021, 07:03:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's up to the players for me. If they want to continue to make a stand against racism, I will support that.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2021, 07:07:39 pm by the vicar »
If it's just Black lives matter then I can't agree. If it's ALL lives matter no matter what colour then that's OK. It's not just people of dark skin that suffer racism.
my view exactly what about Indian Chinese Mongolian people and all the other minority people don’t there lives matter

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 04, 2021, 07:08:36 pm by sha66y »
If an unnecessary act ( taking the knee) is likely to divide opinion of its worth, then surely it should not be allowed, not everyone is still on board with this silly pointless gesture, it made its point, it got its 15 minutes of fame and we have all understood the message…….if they kneel…I think many will boo……and that is NOT the way to start a season …..

This forum is a perfect example of how disharmonious the act would be….
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 07:21:24 pm by sha66y »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 04, 2021, 07:10:28 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Uhtred son of Uhtred has opened a can of worms then cleared off for the evening.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 04, 2021, 07:11:42 pm by Janso »
I see people still willfully missing the point of what black lives matter means. The way you should read it is as if there's a "too" in brackets.

Of course, the venn diagram of people who say all lives matter and people who believe channel crossing boats should be shot at by the Royal Navy is probably almost a circle.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 04, 2021, 07:11:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's up to the players for me. If they want to continue to make a stand against racism, I will support that.

Having said that, if the players have discussed it amongst themselves and decide to continue taking the knee, it might be useful if captain Tom or one of the other players do a vid to explain to the fans the reasons they feel its important, just to clear up whether there is any link, or not, to the Black Lives Matter political movement.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 04, 2021, 07:18:35 pm by since-1969 »
So if that player stands he’s a racist ,but  your not saying that are you , so just call them out and name and shame . Don’t pat them on head and make statements that just perpetuates  division continually . 

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 04, 2021, 07:19:35 pm by sha66y »
I see people still willfully missing the point of what black lives matter means. The way you should read it is as if there's a "too" in brackets.

Of course, the venn diagram of people who say all lives matter and people who believe channel crossing boats should be shot at by the Royal Navy is probably almost a circle.

I wouldn’t say “ wilfully missing the point”  id say more like sick of gagging on it …..

How many fans do you think will BOO if the team DONT take the knee?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 04, 2021, 07:23:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I wouldn’t say “ wilfully missing the point”  id say more like sick of gagging on it …..

Probably zero. More knuckle draggers boo when they do take the knee.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 04, 2021, 07:23:18 pm by since-1969 »

So it continues . Love not hate wins every time . NOT giving in to someone’s ideals of what another should do . It’s just not needed !

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 04, 2021, 07:25:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Zaha isn't bothering next season

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 04, 2021, 07:28:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Do you genuinely believe hundreds of footballers, black, white, Asian, etc are taking the knee because they support a world where only black lives are important? They want a black master race or something? :laugh:

Like Janso says, there's a silent "too" in there. Of course ALL lives matter, but the movement was born out of the discrimination and murders of black people, where they felt they needed to shout up that their lives matter, and now we have footballers from all races taking knees in support that everyone's lives matter, no matter what colour.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 04, 2021, 07:29:18 pm by sha66y »

“ knuckle draggers” …….why even say that?

So one action solicits disapproval and the other action a wild cheer as the ref blows the whistle………
No brainier really……

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 04, 2021, 07:30:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »

“ knuckle draggers” …….why even say that?

So one action solicits disapproval and the other action a wild cheer as the ref blows the whistle………
No brainier really……

Because they're booing an anti-racism statement? They're hardly Einstein's, are they?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 04, 2021, 07:31:34 pm by the vicar »

Do you genuinely believe hundreds of footballers, black, white, Asian, etc are taking the knee because they support a world where only black lives are important? They want a black master race or something? :laugh:

Like Janso says, there's a silent "too" in there. Of course ALL lives matter, but the movement was born out of the discrimination and murders of black people, where they felt they needed to shout up that their lives matter, and now we have footballers from all races taking knees in support that everyone's lives matter, no matter what colour.
ok then answer this with your question.

What does it mean when they hold one arm and fist in the air

TinyPortal © 2005-2012