Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:05:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE  (Read 6642 times)

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE
« Reply #60 on August 04, 2021, 10:43:18 pm by drfcdrfc »
The man that cries bully. Predictable. Maybe substantiate your ridiculous claims and you won't be labelled as stupid?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:40:03 am by drfcdrfc »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 04, 2021, 10:50:57 pm by the vicar »
So you are still spouting crap do you ever have a day off

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 04, 2021, 10:54:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So, calling out the irrelevant rubbish that someone posts for what it is is bullying now, is it? Funny how you won't take responsibility for what you post once it's been shown to you how ridiculous you show yourself to be but instead resort to pathetic threats of violence because you have no answer to anyone who dares to expose you. I could have sworn that anybody who does that is called a bully.

Let's shut the forums now and let the ignorant play in them by themselves and not be 'bullied' by being shown the depth of their ignorance.

PS Is someone weaker than me someone who can't kick my stick away? Or just someone who hides behind their health when they have no other alternative?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 04, 2021, 10:58:27 pm by the vicar »
No you have slagged off most of my posts for years that is bullying if you don’t like my posts you don’t have to read them so I will ask you one time leave me alone and don’t respond to any of my messages

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 04, 2021, 11:03:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No you have slagged off most of my posts for years that is bullying if you don’t like my posts you don’t have to read them so I will ask you one time leave me alone and don’t respond to any of my messages

Feeling oppressed Vicar? Maybe we're getting somewhere!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 04, 2021, 11:04:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
When I see something I disagree with or think is wrong I'll reply to it if i want to. That is not bullying. Stop playing the victim, it's really undignified.

I will respond to anything I want to on here. Telling anyone else not to is bullying, but I suppose me saying that you're being hypocritical will result in you screaming 'BULLY' at me again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 04, 2021, 11:06:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's quite pleasant on here when I'm not involved!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 04, 2021, 11:07:57 pm by the vicar »
Look since I have been unwell I have been a changed man on here but it’s the usual suspects tryi to wind me up and slagging me off and if it carries on there will be trouble and I don’t mean threatening with a fight I mean legally as it is keyboard bullying

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 04, 2021, 11:13:12 pm by sha66y »
And this is exactly why our team should stand in formation and wait for the refs whistle to blow….
Taking the knee will cause issues
Not taking the knee will not cause issues

So if the team take the knee they surely are inciting a negative rather than positive response…

However I’m sure some dick heads will boo them if they don’t take the knee! ….now that would be funny…

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 04, 2021, 11:40:07 pm by SydneyRover »
''Most racist abusers of footballers are still active on Twitter, PFA finds''

''Racist abuse of footballers on Twitter increased over the course of the 2020-21 season and the majority of offending accounts are still active on the platform, research by the Professional Footballers’ Association has found.

More than six million tweets were analysed in a year-long study that identified 359 accounts as sending explicitly racist abuse to players, with the volume of abuse rising by 48% in the second half of the season''

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/04/most-racist-abusers-of-footballers-still-active-twitter-pfa-finds

They may not all be fans but while this continues there is a problem

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 05, 2021, 06:57:34 am by DonnyOsmond »
And this is exactly why our team should stand in formation and wait for the refs whistle to blow….

So if the team take the knee they surely are inciting a negative rather than positive response…

However I’m sure some dick heads will boo them if they don’t take the knee! ….now that would be funny…

So we let the old white men who have a problem with the symbol win?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 05, 2021, 09:19:31 am by sha66y »

For crying out loud it’s not a pissing contest…….win what?
There are only losers………..haven’t you figured that out yet..?

Will you Boo if the team don’t take a knee???

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 05, 2021, 09:30:35 am by sha66y »

''Racist abuse of footballers on Twitter increased over the course of the 2020-21 season and the majority of offending accounts are still active on the platform, research by the Professional Footballers’ Association has found.

More than six million tweets were analysed in a year-long study that identified 359 accounts as sending explicitly racist abuse to players, with the volume of abuse rising by 48% in the second half of the season''

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/04/most-racist-abusers-of-footballers-still-active-twitter-pfa-finds

There are many abuses happening globally, ……we shouldn’t be selective in what we feel is the wrong abuse…human rights issues far outweigh the racial abuse received on Twitter…..for one , if you come off Twitter ……it stops!
Other global abuses will continue …….

The world is now well embedded in the age of the haves and the have nots! Huge salaries pitted against food banks , poor people queuing for tins of food whilst celebrities and footballers never have to worry….
The time of envy is here and it will not go away whilst the division of wealth is so alarmingly obvious……I care more about the needs of the homeless and poor

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 05, 2021, 09:49:44 am by Glyn_Wigley »

There are many abuses happening globally, ……we shouldn’t be selective in what we feel is the wrong abuse…human rights issues far outweigh the racial abuse received on Twitter…..for one , if you come off Twitter ……it stops!
Other global abuses will continue …….

The world is now well embedded in the age of the haves and the have nots! Huge salaries pitted against food banks , poor people queuing for tins of food whilst celebrities and footballers never have to worry….
The time of envy is here and it will not go away whilst the division of wealth is so alarmingly obvious……I care more about the needs of the homeless and poor

So what you are saying is that that either all injustices should be recognised or none of them?

You are free to do whatever you want about what you are selective to care about. So are the Rovers players.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 05, 2021, 10:15:56 am by DonnyOsmond »

For crying out loud it’s not a pissing contest…….win what?
There are only losers………..haven’t you figured that out yet..?

Will you Boo if the team don’t take a knee???

I responded to that question on the first page. Of course I wouldn't, it'd be their choice, not mine or yours.

Black people want a peaceful statement against oppression, they use one then a group of white men don't like it. So do they stop doing it to appease this minority group of old white men? If you think the answer to that is yes then you're tone deaf. They should carry on as long as they believe it's needed, no one else, especially those who haven't received discrimination themselves, should tell them otherwise.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 05, 2021, 10:26:16 am by Mustapha-Dump »
If the players choose to take the knee, I will be applauding them, if they choose to stand I will be applauding them, because as a 30 year old white English man I have never in my life been on the receiving end of racism, and unlikely I ever will be. It’s not up to me to tell Omar Bogle who was racially abused online only one week ago how to feel about racism or how to make a stand against it. I trust team mates to support each other however they best see fit, it’s not really any of my business. To oppose it, is a pretty strong statement in my opinion, and not one that covers anybody in any glory.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 05, 2021, 10:51:24 am by Redandwhite »
Thing is, Blm are a bat shit crazy Marxist organisation, and I think the club should distance itself from .

There are many other ways to campaign against racism without cowtowing to those lunatics .

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 05, 2021, 10:57:43 am by Geoff Blakesley »
If you would like to learn more about the racism that black sportsmen and women have and still continue to suffer then read Michael Holding's new book ' Why we kneel, How we rise ' is an excellent read.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 05, 2021, 10:58:47 am by Axholme Lion »
Turn your back on the players and boo them. I pay to watch football, not to have the opinions of footballers forced down my throat. Would it be ok for me to spout my political thoughts down the throats of all my customers at work? Of course not, i would probably get the sack. They need to stick to what they're paid for. I will be booing my head off next week, but by the same token am happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with fellow Millwall fans, what ever their skin colour. Taking the knee creates division where there isn't any.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 05, 2021, 11:13:04 am by DonnyOsmond »
Turn your back on the players and boo them. I pay to watch football, not to have the opinions of footballers forced down my throat. Would it be ok for me to spout my political thoughts down the throats of all my customers at work? Of course not, i would probably get the sack. They need to stick to what they're paid for. I will be booing my head off next week, but by the same token am happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with fellow Millwall fans, what ever their skin colour. Taking the knee creates division where there isn't any.

You're comparing people being abused because of the colour of their skin to your chosen belief that migrants shouldn't be saved when they're drowning?

These knob stains are so dumb.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 05, 2021, 11:33:11 am by Axholme Lion »

You're comparing people being abused because of the colour of their skin to your chosen belief that migrants shouldn't be saved when they're drowning?

These knob stains are so dumb.

Listen d**khead. What's taking the knee got to do with migrants? I said the dinghy brigade were putting themselves in a position of danger and potentially the lives of RNLI crew.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 05, 2021, 11:38:20 am by Jonathan »

But there is division, isn’t there. Anything to say on the racist abuse of the England players that missed the penalties? Or because it wasn’t you giving or receiving the abuse do you see it as irrelevant?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 05, 2021, 11:48:07 am by Axholme Lion »

But there is division, isn’t there. Anything to say on the racist abuse of the England players that missed the penalties? Or because it wasn’t you giving or receiving the abuse do you see it as irrelevant?

How many of these online abusers have been located?  How many of them are from the UK or are they based in a government bunker in China. You always going to get a few idiots in any walk of life but i think this has been magnified out of all proportion. What is the population of the UK and what was the amount of online abusers as a percentage of that? Not a lot really is it.
I don't care what colour the bloke stood at the side of me at the football is. I would speak to him as a person, not a colour, but i refuse to be lectured when i have gone to enjoy myself at the match.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 05, 2021, 11:58:32 am by Mustapha-Dump »
If sportsmen publicly opposing a life long struggle stops you enjoying the game, you are a f**king weirdo.

Rosey

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 05, 2021, 12:02:14 pm by Rosey »
Quote from: Jonathan link=topic=281714.msg1074591#msg1074591

How exactly does it affect your enjoyment,?

date=1628159900

How many of these online abusers have been located?  How many of them are from the UK or are they based in a government bunker in China. You always going to get a few idiots in any walk of life but i think this has been magnified out of all proportion. What is the population of the UK and what was the amount of online abusers as a percentage of that? Not a lot really is it.
I don't care what colour the bloke stood at the side of me at the football is. I would speak to him as a person, not a colour, but i refuse to be lectured when i have gone to enjoy myself at the match.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 05, 2021, 12:11:05 pm by Jonathan »

11 arrests (in this country) announced in the last 24 hours. You’ll no doubt dismiss that as not enough people to make it a problem, but what is it reflective of? That’s just the number of people that have been caught (so far) for using social media as a vehicle for their abuse in that solitary incident. What about the underbelly that isn’t published in the public domain? These views have gained traction from somewhere. 

Whilst you may want a medal for the fact you’ll talk to somebody no matter what their ethnicity, who are you to judge the experiences of those that have received racist abuse?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 05, 2021, 12:17:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Thing is, Blm are a bat shit crazy Marxist organisation, and I think the club should distance itself from .

There are many other ways to campaign against racism without cowtowing to those lunatics .

So which of these many other ways to campaign against racism would you prefer the players to use on the pitch before kick-off?

Also interesting that you mention the club rather than the players. Of course, if Doncaster Rovers didn't want to be associated with an anti-racism gesture the club would tell the players not to. But they haven't.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:19:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 05, 2021, 12:42:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Every campaign for equality that makes gets falsely labeled as Marxist (then you get people who don't even know what Marxism is). The labelling happened to MLK and Malcolm X. The type of people who think it's Marxist probably want Kick It Out, as that's made loads of change in its years.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 05, 2021, 01:00:33 pm by aidanstu »
If it's just Black lives matter then I can't agree. If it's ALL lives matter no matter what colour then that's OK. It's not just people of dark skin that suffer racism.

Out of curiosity can you tell us about any incidents of racism you’ve personally encountered and how it impacted your job prospects, finances, social opportunities, ability to achieve, your arrest record and how it affects you on a daily basis? As a white person living in this country we have no real concept of the impact and to suggest you do is pathetic.

I’ve travelled the world, experienced  comments having been made and maybe prices hiked because of the colour of my skin or where I’m from but this is not akin to the oppression black people face.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 05, 2021, 01:05:44 pm by aidanstu »
If an unnecessary act ( taking the knee) is likely to divide opinion of its worth, then surely it should not be allowed, not everyone is still on board with this silly pointless gesture, it made its point, it got its 15 minutes of fame and we have all understood the message…….if they kneel…I think many will boo……and that is NOT the way to start a season …..

This forum is a perfect example of how disharmonious the act would be….

So because some ignorant bigots might not like spending 8 seconds of their lives celebrating diversity and addressing oppression in society we should avoid upsetting them? I personally ally couldn't give a damn if the act offends them, if they boo at least they can be exposes as the morons they are.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012