Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:15:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle turns down offers.  (Read 11022 times)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Bogle turns down offers.
« on August 23, 2021, 05:09:19 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
Reported in the free press that Bogle has rejected the option of signing for either of the two teams interested in him. This obviously prevents Richy going out and signing the striker he has lined up and agreed to sign once funds become available.

Bogle is clearly not in Richy’s plans so he is obviously happy to just sit around collecting his wages!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle turns down offers.
« Reply #1 on August 23, 2021, 05:11:17 pm by German Rover »
Or you can look at it another way, Bogle isn't happy to take a wage cut when he doesn't have to.

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 23, 2021, 05:15:34 pm by VikingRich »
I would hope that a deal could be struck whereby any shortfall is paid up - so Bogle leaves, frees up "some" money (and plays regularly) - and allows us to get an alternative in.

Should be a win win situation really.

I suspect this is an opening negotiation stance.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 23, 2021, 05:19:48 pm by roversdude »
I agree don’t think this is the end merely the start of serious negotiations

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 23, 2021, 05:42:27 pm by Branton Rover »
It’s not like we’d be paying him £40k a week to play for a rival like when Leeds were paying Robbie Fowler to play for Man City

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 23, 2021, 05:48:03 pm by Pside »
Surely we can just sack him on a count of fraud

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 23, 2021, 06:06:36 pm by Campsall rover »
Surely we can just sack him on a count of fraud
RW said he is a good lad with a great attitude.

Problem is he is not good enough for the Football League. National League is his level imo.

Only one person to blame here really and that is DM 
What made him think offering him a contract beyond last season was a clever move?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 23, 2021, 06:18:05 pm by since-1969 »
Reported in the free press that Bogle has rejected the option of signing for either of the two teams interested in him. This obviously prevents Richy going out and signing the striker he has lined up and agreed to sign once funds become available.

Bogle is clearly not in Richy’s plans so he is obviously happy to just sit around collecting his wages!
He wants to be paid up instead . We’ve  all been played when we signed this tosser !!

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 23, 2021, 06:19:53 pm by The Beast »
Strikers go in and out of form and he hasn’t looked good but we’ve hardly created any chances in the last 8 months, we’ve been awful. We’re the smallest club he’s been at since he left Grimsby and some of those clubs have paid decent money for him, so he must have some ability there somewhere. He’s got to be at least league 2 level. At the end of the day we’ll never know the exact details but if he wants to turn down other offers, the lad’s under contract it’s his prerogative.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 23, 2021, 06:23:29 pm by since-1969 »
Put him in the team for Stoke in a 5-4-1 . and watch him run all night chasing shadows !

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 23, 2021, 06:27:03 pm by scawsby steve »
He's f*cking useless, and now he's standing in the way of us bringing in a decent striker.

RW should make him train on his own now. He'll soon realise that unless he moves, his career will be virtually over.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 23, 2021, 06:28:08 pm by Campsall rover »

He wants to be paid up instead . We’ve  all been played when we signed this tosser !!
You know there really is no reason to call him that.  Not his fault is it. If you were offered a decent deal which he must have been then you would take it. Yes/No.  Think we know the answer.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 23, 2021, 06:31:47 pm by EasyforDennis »

You know there really is no reason to call him that.  Not his fault is it. If you were offered a decent deal which he must have been then you would take it. Yes/No.  Think we know the answer.

There is only one person to blame. DM

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 23, 2021, 06:37:47 pm by Campsall rover »
He's f*cking useless, and now he's standing in the way of us bringing in a decent striker.

RW should make him train on his own now. He'll soon realise that unless he moves, his career will be virtually over.
SS you do not know what he has been offered do you. It might be half what he is on now.
Rovers do actually  pay wages that is considerably more than some other clubs. Hard for some on here to actually understand that. ( Not aimed at you SS ) I want to be clear on that.  :)

Don’t know if he has a family but if he has what should he do. They are his priority surely.

Footballers are like the rest of us and they have a living to earn just the same.
Lower down the leagues it can be a precarious life being a pro footballer and is a short career of only 15 years as an average if you go on 20 to 35

It’s just poor recruitment by DM and or Henshall. 

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 23, 2021, 06:39:02 pm by David Pearson »
Just heard the news on Bogle....Cant blame the lad as he is under contract....I suppose Richie has got to do a bit of wheeling and dealing...

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 23, 2021, 06:42:29 pm by Bezza »
Expect he will play at Stoke now,

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 23, 2021, 06:45:12 pm by donnievic »
Don’t know how anyone can call him or anything,he has to do what’s best for him and if he thinks it’s staying where he is then can’t blame him for that no matter what reason whether it’s wages or could even be the travelling

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 23, 2021, 06:59:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
At least he knows where he stands! And that’s about it for him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 23, 2021, 07:03:24 pm by drfchound »

SS you do not know what he has been offered do you. It might be half what he is on now.
Rovers do actually  pay wages that is considerably more than some other clubs. Hard for some on here to actually understand that. ( Not aimed at you SS ) I want to be clear on that.  :)

Don’t know if he has a family but if he has what should he do. They are his priority surely.

Footballers are like the rest of us and they have a living to earn just the same.
Lower down the leagues it can be a precarious life being a pro footballer and is a short career of only 15 years as an average if you go on 20 to 35

Camps, a friend of mine who used to be at the Rovers told me a while ago that Rovers are not particularly up there at offering good money to players.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 23, 2021, 07:05:03 pm by StocksArmy »
I admire RW's honesty but does anybody think he will getting the boards back up with comments hes making about money?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 23, 2021, 07:05:40 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Probably doesn't care for him he's just getting in as much cash before he starts his music career.

Face it we're stuck with it and no signings now. Left to struggle all season

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 23, 2021, 07:53:08 pm by Jonathan »
Bogle holds all the power here. He’s under contract. And he’s not just going to sit taking money for nothing - he will get games here. He’ll have to.

Year on year on year we’ve depleted our squad in key positions by over-relying on the loan market. This has been going on long before covid.

That’s why on the eve of the season we only had one professional goalkeeper on the books and he’s only played a handful of games.

That’s why our midfield is still plugged with loans.

That’s why we’ve gone into this season with only two strikers contracted to the club. It’s bad luck that one of them hasn’t trained a minute all summer. But it’s not bad luck that our only other striker is surplus to requirements and beyond that we’re relying on an 18 year old loanee. This has been the operating model for years and it was always going to catch up eventually.

Richie had a budget this summer and he’s added some players to the defence to replace those that left (albeit for less money than those that left apparently). We could argue all night that he could have used he’s budget elsewhere, and he could have. But then we’d only be in the equivalent position having to look for free loans to plug the back line.

Covid has undoubtedly made an already difficult situation worse. But this predicament has been building for years.   

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 23, 2021, 07:59:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
The problem is we don’t have time to play silly buggers. It needs sorting in the next couple of days. Moore really curled one out on us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 23, 2021, 08:04:29 pm by Filo »
I’m not sure it was a wise move from Richie, revealing that Bogle rejected the offer, I welcome transparency, but the potential is now there for the fans to get on Bogle’s back, which can’t be good for performance or motivation should he play

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 23, 2021, 08:05:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Don%u2019t know if he has a family but if he has what should he do. They are his priority surely.

It%u2019s just poor recruitment by DM and or Henshall.

Camps, a friend of mine who used to be at the Rovers told me a while ago that Rovers are not particularly up there at offering good money to players.
Well we would not have got some of these that RW has signed on peanuts. No way.

Who are you comparing us to hound ? It is all relative to size of the Club and the budget available to the manager.
Ours is better than 15 other clubs in our League. We have absolutely nothing to complain about when you see who those 8 clubs with larger budgets. 6 of them get gates twice ours or more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:11:52 pm by Campsall rover »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 23, 2021, 08:05:30 pm by since-1969 »

No the board are doing this by not giving Wellens the funds required and showing Bogle that he’s just not wanted . Instead they’d see this nobody hold our team to ransom !!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 23, 2021, 08:13:13 pm by Campsall rover »

No the board are doing this by not giving Wellens the funds required and showing Bogle that he’s just not wanted . Instead they’d see this nobody hold our team to ransom !!
Brilliant, another constructive post.   ;)

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 23, 2021, 08:14:53 pm by danumdon »
I don't know Bogle personally but i would imagine the last thing he wants to do is have to turn up for training and look the other players in the eye and be the one who holds back them, their progression and the club overall.

i would imagine we have see the first shots in a bargaining war that will be concluded before the transfer window ends and allows us to get a striker in, it my just not be the one we had lined up originally.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 23, 2021, 08:22:32 pm by drfchound »

Don%u2019t know if he has a family but if he has what should he do. They are his priority surely.

It%u2019s just poor recruitment by DM and or Henshall.

Well we would not have got some of these that RW has signed on peanuts. No way.

Who are you comparing us to hound ? It is all relative to size of the Club and the budget available to the manager.
Ours is better than 15 other clubs in our League. We have absolutely nothing to complain about when you see who those 8 clubs with larger budgets. 6 of them get gates twice ours or more.

I’m not comparing us to anyone Camps.
I am just telling people what a former player told me about the wages Rovers pay not being renowned for being particularly good.
It isn’t my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:24:41 pm by drfchound »

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 23, 2021, 08:26:20 pm by BigH »

Correct.

Although Baldwin (and the Board) should also perhaps reflect on what they agreed to here.

It pains me to say it but there was some rose-tinted spec wearing by certain members of the Rovers hierarchy throughout DM's appointment. I loved him as a player but as a manager he did the dirty on us.

Unfortunately, RW is paying the price for this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012