Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:16:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle turns down offers.  (Read 11024 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle turns down offers.
« Reply #120 on September 07, 2021, 04:35:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
Going to National league side on loan would not be as big a commitment as it’s only month by month if he wants that. He may still reject a loan but if he’s any intention in staying in football he needs to play. Whether he believes league 2 and National league is below him is irrelevant now. Otherwise he’ll be not doing anything til the next window.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on September 07, 2021, 04:40:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He may have rejected the idea of a lower wage, with a loan he'll still have the same wage but the opportunity to play football.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on September 07, 2021, 04:44:52 pm by jmt23 »
It is in the interest of both DRFC, but more importantly Bogles representatives to keep this in the media - he will be without a club at the end of the season, they will be very aware of the amount of quality of players without clubs.

I hope Grimsby come in for him, in fact I think the whole of DRFC are hoping. :cool:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on September 07, 2021, 04:53:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
https://sportsworldghana.com/doncaster-rovers-to-offer-omar-bogle-to-a-non-league-club/

No idea how reliable Sports World Ghana is as a publication, but ears in Grimsby have pricked up at this story. Any rumblings at the Donny end now you have Dodoo under your belt?

No idea whether Omar would fancy it, but he’d be very welcome back at Blundell Park.

I imagine about 6000 people would be happy to give him a lift?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on September 07, 2021, 05:11:50 pm by Campsall rover »
https://sportsworldghana.com/doncaster-rovers-to-offer-omar-bogle-to-a-non-league-club/

No idea how reliable Sports World Ghana is as a publication, but ears in Grimsby have pricked up at this story. Any rumblings at the Donny end now you have Dodoo under your belt?

No idea whether Omar would fancy it, but he’d be very welcome back at Blundell Park.

Even the other 6.000 that rearely go to watch us.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on September 07, 2021, 05:13:59 pm by redandwhitearmy »

Hardly makes a difference now that the window is shut I'd imagine- unless it would free up funds for a free agent.
I doubt any conference side would cover much of his wages.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on September 07, 2021, 05:20:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Even the other 6.000 that rearely go to watch us.

You're talking out your arse. ;)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on September 07, 2021, 05:42:19 pm by Jonathan »
As Steve says above a loan deal isn’t inconceivable and would surely make sense for all parties even if Grimsby only made a nominal contribution to his wages. It’s clear he’s not going to play here. I would wish him well if he left.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on September 07, 2021, 05:53:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
But would a loan persuade anyone to sign him permanently?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on September 07, 2021, 06:09:57 pm by Jonathan »
But would a loan persuade anyone to sign him permanently?

Perhaps not, but what do we or he have to lose? He’s not going to get a permanent move to his liking by sitting doing nothing here. May as well loan him out. He gets paid the same and goes in the shop window. At worst we get a nominal contribution towards his wages, at best someone is persuaded to take him on in January. Either way we lose no more than we already stand to.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on September 07, 2021, 06:44:01 pm by Metalmicky »
I would hope that it wouldn't be so nominal.... I would be looking for 25-30% or more

TinyPortal © 2005-2012