Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:47:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle turns down offers.  (Read 11019 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Bogle turns down offers.
« Reply #30 on August 23, 2021, 08:39:21 pm by selby »
 Everyone is on about the budget and we don't pay good wages to players, and we have a player who's wages are that good he won't accept the wage structure at two other clubs.
  I do have it right don't I?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 23, 2021, 08:45:31 pm by Campsall rover »
He's f*cking useless, and now he's standing in the way of us bringing in a decent striker.

RW should make him train on his own now. He'll soon realise that unless he moves, his career will be virtually over.
SS you do not know what he has been offered do you. It might be half what he is on now.
Rovers do actually  pay wages that is considerably more than some other clubs. Hard for some on here to actually understand that. ( Not aimed at you SS ) I want to be clear on that.  :)

Don’t know if he has a family but if he has what should he do. They are his priority surely.

Footballers are like the rest of us and they have a living to earn just the same.
Lower down the leagues it can be a precarious life being a pro footballer and is a short career of only 15 years as an average if you go on 20 to 35

It’s just poor recruitment by DM and or Henshall. 
Correct.

Although Baldwin (and the Board) should also perhaps reflect on what they agreed to here.

It pains me to say it but there was some rose-tinted spec wearing by certain members of the Rovers hierarchy throughout DM's appointment. I loved him as a player but as a manager he did the dirty on us.

Unfortunately, RW is paying the price for this.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing BigH   DM had everyone fooled.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 23, 2021, 08:54:24 pm by Pside »
Hopefully Simon Cowell see’s that rap video and takes him off our hands.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 23, 2021, 08:55:05 pm by roversdude »
I’ll hold my hand up to that Campsall

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 23, 2021, 08:59:52 pm by essexrover »
Expect he will play at Stoke now,
Yeah and get injured & then be un-sellable  :rolleyes:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 23, 2021, 09:01:19 pm by normal rules »
Best thing bogle can do is insist on playing at Stoke tomorrow, if RW does not already have him in the team, and start finding the back of the net.
Very difficult situation to manage this. RW has nailed his colours to the flag by saying he is not good enough. Now bogle is not happy to leave for whatever reason. Nightmare scenario for player and manager.
These should be incorporated into contracts. The “Not good enough” clause.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 23, 2021, 09:02:31 pm by normal rules »
Expect he will play at Stoke now,
Yeah and get injured & then be un-sellable  :rolleyes:

A player that warms the bench every game would not be the most appealing  either.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 23, 2021, 09:03:39 pm by DonnyNoel »
He's f*cking useless, and now he's standing in the way of us bringing in a decent striker.

RW should make him train on his own now. He'll soon realise that unless he moves, his career will be virtually over.
SS you do not know what he has been offered do you. It might be half what he is on now.
Rovers do actually  pay wages that is considerably more than some other clubs. Hard for some on here to actually understand that. ( Not aimed at you SS ) I want to be clear on that.  :)

Don’t know if he has a family but if he has what should he do. They are his priority surely.

Footballers are like the rest of us and they have a living to earn just the same.
Lower down the leagues it can be a precarious life being a pro footballer and is a short career of only 15 years as an average if you go on 20 to 35

It’s just poor recruitment by DM and or Henshall. 
Correct.

Although Baldwin (and the Board) should also perhaps reflect on what they agreed to here.

It pains me to say it but there was some rose-tinted spec wearing by certain members of the Rovers hierarchy throughout DM's appointment. I loved him as a player but as a manager he did the dirty on us.

Unfortunately, RW is paying the price for this.

Think that's sad but true. As has been alluded to on other threads there seems to be a bit of shortness of football procedure nous at times. That's not necessarily a criticism of the board, just highlights they've possibly been over generous at times and got caught up in thinking they were laying some foundations under DM that barely got off the drawing board.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 23, 2021, 09:04:20 pm by roversdude »
Still think it’s just the opening salvo

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 23, 2021, 09:07:00 pm by normal rules »
Still think it’s just the opening salvo

Let’s hope so.
How on earth do you motivate a player who knows you don’t want him.
Then there is the effect on the squad, who know he is holding up a key player lined up to come in.
Nothing good will come of this if it continues.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:29:58 pm by normal rules »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 23, 2021, 09:23:30 pm by Lesonthewest »
Reported in the free press that Bogle has rejected the option of signing for either of the two teams interested in him. This obviously prevents Richy going out and signing the striker he has lined up and agreed to sign once funds become available.

Bogle is clearly not in Richy’s plans so he is obviously happy to just sit around collecting his wages!
He wants to be paid up instead . We’ve  all been played when we signed this tosser !!
You know there really is no reason to call him that.  Not his fault is it. If you were offered a decent deal which he must have been then you would take it. Yes/No.  Think we know the answer.
[/quote

Then he he needs to pull his finger out while we , as supporters are helping pay his wages , he is pinching money & looks like he can't be bothered. His perogative yes, but I would play him every game & make him earn his money for the rest of his contract, & if he doesn't put it out on the pitch, feel the wrath of our supporters.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 23, 2021, 09:25:56 pm by bpoolrover »
Hopefully won't end up going to the last minute on deadline day

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 23, 2021, 09:31:31 pm by jamesrover17 »
Alan Nixon reporting on Twitter he is after a pay off before going anywhere… Could get interesting

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 23, 2021, 09:32:33 pm by normal rules »
Who is his agent?

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 23, 2021, 09:34:21 pm by redarmi66 »

No the board are doing this by not giving Wellens the funds required and showing Bogle that he’s just not wanted . Instead they’d see this nobody hold our team to ransom !!

What load of rubbish.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 23, 2021, 09:37:48 pm by normal rules »
Bogles agent is ex Bradford player Jake Speight. Poker face time. He will go to Bradford I reckon before deadline,  just hold firm with no pay off.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 23, 2021, 09:41:27 pm by normal rules »
Speight incidentally was convicted of assault in 2010 and went to prison but appealed and was let out with a community order. Five years later the FA accept him as an agent. Criminal.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 23, 2021, 09:49:57 pm by normal rules »
The more I read about Speight, the more I don’t like him. Arrested for domestic assault, where he allegedly bit and battered his girlfriend - he got given 12 weeks at crown court. The first the Bradford manager at the time knew about it was Speight s agent calling him to say your player has just been sent down for 12 weeks. !!!he thought it was ok not to tell anyone. Jesus.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:52:30 pm by normal rules »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 23, 2021, 09:51:24 pm by normal rules »
This is the sort of person pulling the strings around the Bogle move.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 23, 2021, 10:04:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Maybe a bit of psychology from RW in this.

Possibly trying to give Omar the big kick up the backside to motivate him to prove him wrong.
Well it either will or will not. We will see over the next week or two.
Still think he may be gone by 31st Aug.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 08:13:50 am by Campsall rover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 23, 2021, 10:13:13 pm by normal rules »
If him and his convicted thug agent dig their heels in, he can go out on loan. Help to pay his wages. In a year it will be Omar who? It works both ways. I don’t care for player power at all. It’s part of why football is rotten these days.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 23, 2021, 10:14:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bogle holds all the power here. He’s under contract. And he’s not just going to sit taking money for nothing - he will get games here. He’ll have to.

Year on year on year we’ve depleted our squad in key positions by over-relying on the loan market. This has been going on long before covid.

That’s why on the eve of the season we only had one professional goalkeeper on the books and he’s only played a handful of games.

That’s why our midfield is still plugged with loans.

That’s why we’ve gone into this season with only two strikers contracted to the club. It’s bad luck that one of them hasn’t trained a minute all summer. But it’s not bad luck that our only other striker is surplus to requirements and beyond that we’re relying on an 18 year old loanee. This has been the operating model for years and it was always going to catch up eventually.

Richie had a budget this summer and he’s added some players to the defence to replace those that left (albeit for less money than those that left apparently). We could argue all night that he could have used he’s budget elsewhere, and he could have. But then we’d only be in the equivalent position having to look for free loans to plug the back line.

Covid has undoubtedly made an already difficult situation worse. But this predicament has been building for years.   

If we put to the side any conspiracy theory that the club is lying and we don’t in fact have a competitive budget for this league, then unless a club is one of a chosen very few, they have to have some significant exposure to loans.

Ferguson, McCann, Moore and now Wellens have used loans for key positions. It’s a fantasy to think that without Kane, Wilks and arguably Downing, we would have been in the play offs under McCann. He had no back up striker that season and had Tyler Smith on loan to be the back up.

Wellens has a good budget and has used as he saw fit. In fact earlier this summer he said his intention was to steer clear of wholesale reliance on loanees, but obviously injuries and COVID have created an urgent need for loanees.

For clubs like us, Lincoln, MK Dons, Oxford and others who can only realistically hope for the play offs, the only way that happens competing against mega budget sides, is by getting in short term talent to enable them to compete.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 23, 2021, 10:25:22 pm by Jonathan »
To be clear, nowhere have I said that we could or should do it without loans. Of course we need to bolster the team with loan signings that offer a level of quality we couldn’t otherwise hope to get. Kane, Wilks, Dieng and Galbraith are examples of that amongst others. But anyway my point was / is that year on year on year on year we’ve let contracted players leave and not replaced them, or replaced them with loans. And we’ve used loans not only to add exceptional talent (as above) but also in many circumstances pad out the squad. As a result our core of players falls and right now we’re short in almost every position bar full back. Arguably we’re covered at centre half with some shifting about. But one injury and we’re down to the bare bones. The striker situation is terrible.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:27:29 pm by Jonathan »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 23, 2021, 10:29:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Unless someone contends that the budget has been consistently shrinking - and nobody seriously is making that point - then people can either believe that successive managers have been directed by the club to take on loans to backfill the squad, or successive managers have had control of the budget and they have spent as they see fit, using the loan market as they see fit.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 23, 2021, 11:00:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think the point is every club in this league has to use loans, even the bigger clubs like Sunderland etc need good loanees (even premier League clubs take loans on).

But they shouldn't be the spine of the team they should be a few quality additions and cover.  It's a balancing act and rightly many agree we've tipped it too far.  Having said that, one striker in and I'm much more comfortable with where we are.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 23, 2021, 11:07:14 pm by the vicar »
Put him in the team for Stoke in a 5-4-1 . and watch him run all night chasing shadows !
I wouldn’t play him at all lol he will suffer

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 24, 2021, 07:24:55 am by grayx »
Everyone is on about the budget and we don't pay good wages to players, and we have a player who's wages are that good he won't accept the wage structure at two other clubs.
  I do have it right don't I?
Yes but the 2 other clubs are league 2 apparently.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 24, 2021, 08:33:02 am by Campsall rover »
We have had too many loans under DM
It’s all about the right balance imo.

We will be bringing in 1 more hopefully but imo it is probably 1 too many as we already have 4 which i think is the right no.
If the budget has been spent and it is a good budget, bigger it would appear than Oxford, Lincoln, MK Dons.
Rotherham I am assuming are the 8th team on the list of clubs with bigger budgets than us. ( no particular order )

So it’s no good us moaning. RW will have been told in his interview what the budget was and it was up to him how he used it.

Do we want quality or quantity? Yes ideally both of course but I would take quality over quantity every time if it was a choice.

Quality rather than quantity also gives the younger lads a chance to get some game time. They will not improve if they are never getting game time.
Yes send them on loan, no problem but if we need one or two get them back on the bench or start them if needed.
I do not want to see 7 loan players in our squad again. 4/5 is plenty. 5 is more than plenty imo.

Onwards and upwards. In RW I trust.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 24, 2021, 08:36:39 am by steve@dcfd »
When MCCann was manager he had to pay the existing squad he brought in two players permanent one being till January and two loans in the summer. He then brought in 1 permanent and 2 loans in January I believe. But the squad was there.
DM brought in 5/6 in the summer loans last season to add to what squad we had. He signed Williams after a trial he then brought in 2 more loans to make 7 plus two permanent players. We were told he was backed to the hilt yet we’ve found out since the budget was 23% less than normal. That was not said last season. We now should understand why loans were used last season with a lower budget.So Bogle is on a big wage I doubt it in my opinion.
Richie had to bring in permanent players because we didn’t have them. The wages we offered Halliday James Wright and Lokilo were that good they fell over to accept them. Yet we’ve got Knoyle R Williams and Rowe for less then what we had offered Halliday James and Butlers wage. So at this moment we are at an impasse Bogle won’t go for whatever reason we have an injured centre half who we don’t know the extent of his injury but we can’t bring any body in if we have to. The only thing we may be able to do is free loans but will they be what Richie wants. So let’s hope that with negotiations Bogle and EWilliams move on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 24, 2021, 08:53:42 am by Campsall rover »
When MCCann was manager he had to pay the existing squad he brought in two players permanent one being till January and two loans in the summer. He then brought in 1 permanent and 2 loans in January I believe. But the squad was there.
DM brought in 5/6 in the summer loans last season to add to what squad we had. He signed Williams after a trial he then brought in 2 more loans to make 7 plus two permanent players. We were told he was backed to the hilt yet we’ve found out since the budget was 23% less than normal. That was not said last season. We now should understand why loans were used last season with a lower budget.So Bogle is on a big wage I doubt it in my opinion.
Richie had to bring in permanent players because we didn’t have them. The wages we offered Halliday James Wright and Lokilo were that good they fell over to accept them. Yet we’ve got Knoyle R Williams and Rowe for less then what we had offered Halliday James and Butlers wage. So at this moment we are at an impasse Bogle won’t go for whatever reason we have an injured centre half who we don’t know the extent of his injury but we can’t bring any body in if we have to. The only thing we may be able to do is free loans but will they be what Richie wants. So let’s hope that with negotiations Bogle and EWilliams move on.
We do not know what Bogle is on. Probably less than £1.500 a week based on what i have been told Bostock is on or was on under DM.
Maybe the clubs that were interested in signing him offered even less than his wage at Rovers.
Or maybe those clubs were not in the area of the country he wanted to go to.
He might be married or ( partner ) with kids and will need to take them into consideration.

We all assume it is easy for footballers to just move from club to club and up sticks to another part of the country, but it is not always as simple as that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012