Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:16:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle turns down offers.  (Read 11021 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle turns down offers.
« Reply #60 on August 24, 2021, 09:17:53 am by Padge_DRFC »
Bradford is hardly the other end of the world

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 24, 2021, 09:51:33 am by the vicar »
A reporter for Bradford says the clue is still wanting him as they have no strikers through injury, and Bogle is hanging on for a Rovers pay off

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 24, 2021, 09:54:22 am by Campsall rover »
Bradford is hardly the other end of the world
Do we know for a fact Bradford was one of the clubs.

How much were they offering him? For all we know it could have been half what he is on here.
Not saying it was but we have no idea.
There is a reason he tuned the offers down.

RW said Quote “ He is a good lad with a great attitude” 

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 24, 2021, 09:55:36 am by idler »
It’s not Padge but the quickest I can get to and from the Keepmoat is about 45/50 minutes depending on traffic. That’s doing 70-80 most of the time on the motorway.
If Bogle lives an hour or two south of Doncaster it makes it more expensive fuel wise and more time consuming.
James Hanson left Grimsby at the end of last season because he was living there two days a week and travelling to Bradford to come home the rest of the time.
He’s now happily playing for Farsley Celtic as his career winds down.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 24, 2021, 10:34:17 am by RugbyRover »
When MCCann was manager he had to pay the existing squad he brought in two players permanent one being till January and two loans in the summer. He then brought in 1 permanent and 2 loans in January I believe. But the squad was there.
DM brought in 5/6 in the summer loans last season to add to what squad we had. He signed Williams after a trial he then brought in 2 more loans to make 7 plus two permanent players. We were told he was backed to the hilt yet we’ve found out since the budget was 23% less than normal. That was not said last season. We now should understand why loans were used last season with a lower budget.So Bogle is on a big wage I doubt it in my opinion.
Richie had to bring in permanent players because we didn’t have them. The wages we offered Halliday James Wright and Lokilo were that good they fell over to accept them. Yet we’ve got Knoyle R Williams and Rowe for less then what we had offered Halliday James and Butlers wage. So at this moment we are at an impasse Bogle won’t go for whatever reason we have an injured centre half who we don’t know the extent of his injury but we can’t bring any body in if we have to. The only thing we may be able to do is free loans but will they be what Richie wants. So let’s hope that with negotiations Bogle and EWilliams move on.
We do not know what Bogle is on. Probably less than £1.500 a week based on what i have been told Bostock is on or was on under DM.
Maybe the clubs that were interested in signing him offered even less than his wage at Rovers.
Or maybe those clubs were not in the area of the country he wanted to go to.
He might be married or ( partner ) with kids and will need to take them into consideration.

We all assume it is easy for footballers to just move from club to club and up sticks to another part of the country, but it is not always as simple as that.

Looking at his career history he hasn't been adverse to the odd bit of relocation.

No idea where he was "based" but prior to coming to us he was at Grimsby, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Holland & Charlton to name some...

He seems to have taken to it relatively easily.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 24, 2021, 10:38:26 am by pib »
I have to say, although this situation is very frustrating from a DRFC perspective, I'm finding the abuse towards Bogle (especially on social media) to be very unseemly.

It's really frustrating, you can see that in RW's latest interview on the Free Press... but we have to admit we don't know the ins and outs of it. We don't know which clubs are in for him and what they're offering. He's under contract here and if the moves aren't right for him for whatever reason, we have to accept that he's not obliged to go, as much as we might disagree with that.

Folk calling him every name under the sun, telling him to f**k off, and saying the club should find a reason to sack him - it's all just very unnecessary IMO.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 24, 2021, 10:42:28 am by jmt23 »
As someone who does that journey almost daily, I can tell you it is a pain in the a..., sometimes you can be as quick as 45-50 mins, but a fair amount of time it can be double that - fuel can range from £50 -£80 per week, that is obviously dependent on car.

Try and play hardball best we can, with both him or his agent, and the club we want to sign the other player from, to lessen the impact. I am not sure there is any alternative than paying slightly more than our budget now though. The fact it gets rid of a player who is not required, or good enough may well be worth it in the end.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 24, 2021, 10:59:10 am by Campsall rover »
I have to say, although this situation is very frustrating from a DRFC perspective, I'm finding the abuse towards Bogle (especially on social media) to be very unseemly.

It's really frustrating, you can see that in RW's latest interview on the Free Press... but we have to admit we don't know the ins and outs of it. We don't know which clubs are in for him and what they're offering. He's under contract here and if the moves aren't right for him for whatever reason, we have to accept that he's not obliged to go, as much as we might disagree with that.

Folk calling him every name under the sun, telling him to f**k off, and saying the club should find a reason to sack him - it's all just very unnecessary IMO.
It is totally unacceptable. Pathetic cowards hiding behind a keyboard.  They would run a mile if face to face with him after posting what they do. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 24, 2021, 11:02:36 am by DonnyOsmond »
It’s not Padge but the quickest I can get to and from the Keepmoat is about 45/50 minutes depending on traffic. That’s doing 70-80 most of the time on the motorway.
If Bogle lives an hour or two south of Doncaster it makes it more expensive fuel wise and more time consuming.
James Hanson left Grimsby at the end of last season because he was living there two days a week and travelling to Bradford to come home the rest of the time.
He’s now happily playing for Farsley Celtic as his career winds down.

Speeding :O

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 24, 2021, 11:12:12 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Read into his agent last night. He really does seem like an unsavoury individual. Reports that I've read state that he opens with something along the lines of
"Before we get started, how much am I getting?"
Wouldn't surprise me if Bogle hanging on for a pay-out before going to Bradford was the truth. Did the same with Charlton to us.

I vote to play hardball. Rather not let that divvy agent call the shots.

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 24, 2021, 11:25:45 am by number19 »
Thought his agent's name rang a bell, unsavoury is probably the right word Monkcaster: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/bradford-city-striker-jake-speight-18227162

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 24, 2021, 11:50:30 am by jmt23 »

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #68 on Today at 10:59:10 am by Campsall rover »
Like Quote
Quote from: pib on Today at 10:38:26 am

It is totally unacceptable. Pathetic cowards hiding behind a keyboard.  They would run a mile if face to face with him after posting what they do.

I agree just not required, what is wrong with people! can they not be banned (I do not understand social media sites)
Unfortunately if that was me, I would dig my heels in just to rub it in

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 24, 2021, 12:14:38 pm by roversdude »
Who in their line of work would just walk away to a lesser paid job if there was chance of getting a ‘pay off’ to leave. He’s doing nothing wrong, yes it holds up recruiting a new player but I still think he will go, it’s just part of the negotiation game. There is nowhere stated that the door is closed

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 24, 2021, 01:02:33 pm by GazLaz »
Who in their line of work would just walk away to a lesser paid job if there was chance of getting a ‘pay off’ to leave. He’s doing nothing wrong, yes it holds up recruiting a new player but I still think he will go, it’s just part of the negotiation game. There is nowhere stated that the door is closed

It’s not as clear cut as that for a footballer. Would you rather be guaranteed 1300 a week for a two years or 1500 a week for a year?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 24, 2021, 01:22:54 pm by normal rules »
A lot of talk about mental health currently. Being in a workplace where you are not wanted or needed would surely play on your mental well being.
Sometimes isn’t it best just to cut your losses and move on.
There is more to life than money.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 24, 2021, 01:31:30 pm by EasyforDennis »

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #68 on Today at 10:59:10 am by Campsall rover »
Like Quote
Quote from: pib on Today at 10:38:26 am

I agree just not required, what is wrong with people! can they not be banned (I do not understand social media sites)
Unfortunately if that was me, I would dig my heels in just to rub it in

You have to bare in mind that the DRFC group on FB is mostly kids.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 24, 2021, 01:35:53 pm by roversdude »

It’s not as clear cut as that for a footballer. Would you rather be guaranteed 1300 a week for a two years or 1500 a week for a year?

Or £1300 for 2 years + a severance payment from initial employer ??

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 24, 2021, 01:41:47 pm by normal rules »
While ever bogle is at drfc from now on, he will be doing nothing to enhance his prospects, appeal and ultimately his value as a player. He will, in essence, fester.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 24, 2021, 02:08:13 pm by the vicar »
A lot of talk about mental health currently. Being in a workplace where you are not wanted or needed would surely play on your mental well being.
mental health is one thing, but when he brings it on himself is another ie refusing to go to a club when the club you are at is no good for anyone

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 24, 2021, 02:22:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I'm with you on this. We might welcome Richies open and honest approach but this ought to have stayed out of the media. It was OK up to the point when he wouldn't say who it was, so from then on I think it would have been better to keep it that way and tell the media 'You'll, just have to wait and see.'

I feared the idiots would target him on social media which is out of order.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 24, 2021, 02:30:36 pm by roversdude »
mental health is one thing, but when he brings it on himself is another ie refusing to go to a club when the club you are at is no good for anyone

So you think he should take a financial hit just to please Rovers fans
I still think he will go but with a pay off

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 24, 2021, 02:47:02 pm by jmt23 »
That is the only way it will happen now, so we have to play hardball with him, and the club we want to buy/loan from to balance it out.

This is not Bogles fault, as RW said it is just football. Whilst it is great to say its not all about money, it is the only thing we go to work for, and in such a short career you have to make the most of what you can. What if the shortfall is £1000-£2000 a week, not a totally unrealistic value either - would you just leave it?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 24, 2021, 03:40:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
If his decision is based on money you can’t ask a contracted person just like Butler to walk away with less money. Andy was paid up after not accepting a loan which was beneficial to him. So with Bogle if his weekly pay here is more than the club is going to then we pay the difference for the length of his contract here. He then has to decide what the new club has offered in length of contract and make a decision. You cant be fair with Andy and expect Omar just to walk for less than his contracted for. That’s not his fault down the ex manager and club officials.
As for putting in the public domain his name came out in the press before Richie gave it out. But his openness gives the information on all subjects first hand which is good, perhaps if Darren had done that last year we may have seen a different picture tonthe one that has been painted.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 24, 2021, 03:53:55 pm by Metalmicky »
I hope he plays tonight and bags a hat-rick...... I'm not a massive fan, but any turn in form can only enhance his reputation - both to the Donny fans who like to slate him, the manager who doesn't rate him and any potential club who may want to take him...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 24, 2021, 03:55:54 pm by normal rules »
Let’s say bogle has 50 weeks left on his contract. If the wages at the other club is 2 grand a week less then rovers have to stump up 100k to move him on.
I get the distinct impression RW has not got access to that sort of money. Probably not even half that.
The club would rather loan him out than take a hit like this.
Bogle still gets paid his contracted salary.
Rovers lose out on a new striker.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 24, 2021, 03:59:56 pm by keyser_soze »
Let’s say bogle has 50 weeks left on his contract. If the wages at the other club is 2 grand a week less then rovers have to stump up 100k to move him on.
I get the distinct impression RW has not got access to that sort of money. Probably not even half that.

We're assuming money (weekly wage) is the stumbling block here. Surely the worst deal we can do is a loan until the end of the season with Rovers covering the shortfall in his wages? Anything better than that is a bonus.

There was an interesting comment in one of the interviews about them already having a couple of months to sort it and nothing has happened. Maybe that just refers to Ed Williams but it made it sound like Bogle's card was marked all along. He's gone very quickly from a 'good honest lad' to 'not in the plans' - sadly nothing we didn't expect/predict from the beginning, Wellens hasn't seen anything we hadn't and another hangover from the Moore era to contend with.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:02:02 pm by keyser_soze »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 24, 2021, 04:05:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
A reporter for Bradford says the clue is still wanting him as they have no strikers through injury, and Bogle is hanging on for a Rovers pay off

If Bradford want him enough, they can give Bogle the payoff he's wanting.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 24, 2021, 04:07:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I hope he plays tonight and bags a hat-rick...... I'm not a massive fan, but any turn in form can only enhance his reputation - both to the Donny fans who like to slate him, the manager who doesn't rate him and any potential club who may want to take him...

Why would we want to cup-tie someone we want rid of?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 24, 2021, 04:12:00 pm by Metalmicky »

If the other club are looking to pay Bogle 2 grand a week less - then their offer must be peanuts  :lol:

I'd be surprised (no... amazed) if he is on £2k a week here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012