Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:17:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New ownership!?  (Read 9897 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: New ownership!?
« Reply #30 on December 27, 2021, 03:35:19 pm by River Don »
There was the article in the press linking Rovers with that bloke from Sports Direct, a while back.

Perhaps they are still reffering to that?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 27, 2021, 03:56:12 pm by since-1969 »
If the takeover is true, what we need is a new owner with much more money than sense

COYR
So what you are saying .. don’t waste your money on DRFC !! 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 27, 2021, 04:31:18 pm by silent majority »
I can guarantee that there is nothing in this rumour, there is no ‘new ownership’.

What a shame.

Not sure why it would be a shame.

A football club getting new owners doesn’t always mean that the new owners improve the financial situation of the club. On numerous occasions it means the complete opposite, and today’s opponents are a good example of that.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 27, 2021, 04:36:16 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I can guarantee that there is nothing in this rumour, there is no ‘new ownership’.

What a shame.

A football club getting new owners doesn’t always mean that the new owners improve the financial situation of the club. On numerous occasions it means the complete opposite, and today’s opponents are a good example of that.

OR it can be rejuvinating.. fresh ideas and investment. Lets just spin it as if it would have to be a bad thing. Right now the current regime are not covering themselves in glory and achievements are they?!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:19:36 pm by Donny Exile in York »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 27, 2021, 04:43:01 pm by glosterred »
If the takeover is true, what we need is a new owner with much more money than sense

COYR
So what you are saying .. don’t waste your money on DRFC !! 

No that’s not what I’m saying at all.

COYR

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 27, 2021, 04:47:41 pm by silent majority »

What a shame.

OR it can be a revocation.. fresh ideas and investment. Lets just spin it as if it would have to be a bad thing. Right now the current regime are not covering themselves in glory and achievements are they?!

But they have done haven’t they?

You can spin it as much as you like but these are the best owners of this club in my lifetime.

Performances on the pitch are not good by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn’t mean we should change owners, that’s a far bigger gamble than a change of manager.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 27, 2021, 04:54:39 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Am I right in thinking that when owners covered themselves in glory in the past it was because they spent more money on the playing squad than they do now?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 27, 2021, 05:24:17 pm by Donny Exile in York »

What a shame.

OR it can be a revocation.. fresh ideas and investment. Lets just spin it as if it would have to be a bad thing. Right now the current regime are not covering themselves in glory and achievements are they?!

You can spin it as much as you like but these are the best owners of this club in my lifetime.

Performances on the pitch are not good by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn’t mean we should change owners, that’s a far bigger gamble than a change of manager.

The current Board is the not the best board ever.. that included John Ryan who should have a statue outside the stadium and included Dick Watson. We've had this argument before. The board in its current guise has been in place either since Ryan left in Nov 2013 or from around 2016 or following the loss of Dick Watson (RIP).. and its achieved nothing other than a relegation and bounce back.. what honours has it won??.. you can spin what you like.. just like your spin about having 4 strikers on transfer deadline day... tell me how well have our forwards done this season? Just like the draught on the goal front.. there's been a draught on the 5 year championship plan... alot of hot air though on here and from Gavin Baldwin.

Our side today was embarrassingly short even before a ball was kicked.. all sides have injuries.. granted we have had some terrible luck with injuries, but recruitment of managers and players has been disastrous and there has been a clear declining investment in the squad amongst other things.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:29:10 pm by Donny Exile in York »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 27, 2021, 05:24:25 pm by since-1969 »
Am I right in thinking that when owners covered themselves in glory in the past it was because they spent more money on the playing squad than they do now?
It’s the old adage  “that you only get what you pay for”  or as they say In Yorkshire “it’s owt for nowt”. 

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 27, 2021, 05:30:01 pm by vaya »

What a shame.

The current Board is the not the best board ever.. that included John Ryan who should have a statue outside the stadium and included Dick Watson. We've had this argument before. The board in its current guise has been in place either since Ryan left in Nov 2013 or from around 2016 or following the loss of Dick Watson (RIP).. and its achieved nothing other than a relegation and bounce back.. what honours has it won??.. you can spin what you like.. just like your spin about having 4 strikers on transfer deadline day... tell me how well have our forwards done this season? Just like the draught on the goal front.. there's been a draught on the 5 year championship plan... alot of hot air though on here and from Gavin Baldwin.

Our side today was embarrassingly short even before a ball was kicked.. all sides have injuries.. granted we have had some terrible luck with injuries, but recruitment of managers and players has been disastrous and there has been a clear declining investment in the squad amongst other things.

So what do you intend doing about it?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 27, 2021, 05:44:08 pm by Donny Exile in York »

What a shame.

What a pathetic response. What do you expect me to do about it? Other than try to win the lottery... I travel 80 miles round trip every home game, have a season  ticket, in the Rovers lottery, buy from the Club shop... other than buy a national lottery ticket what do you suggest? What a pathetic response. Let's stick to the facts. The side on the pitch today would struggle to stay up in league Two next season.. yes some injured players will comeback.. but can we rely on Bostock or some others, will they regain fitness and be up.for the fight.. this season and next.. Time will tell..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 10:19:57 pm by Donny Exile in York »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 27, 2021, 05:45:00 pm by vaya »

What a shame.

What a pathetic response. What do you expect me to do about it? Other than try to win the lottery... I travel 80 miles round trip every home game, have a season  ticket, in the Rovers lottery, buy from the Club shop... other than buy a lottery ticket what do you suggest? What a pathetic response. Let's stick to the facts. The side on the pitch today would struggle to stay up in league Two next season.. yes some injured players will comeback.. but can we rely on Bostock or some others, will they regain fitness and be up.for the fight.. this season and next.. Time will tell..

So nothing then.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 27, 2021, 05:46:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it's acceptable to say the current board are doing their best but also saying that the club needs more. That's not necessarily the fault of the current owners but the increasing financial demand in football.

My only criticism of their strategies is an inability to create wealth and growth through development of the playing squad.  Again in the summer there was not enough focus on building a long term squad.  They need to resolve that to be successful.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 27, 2021, 05:46:25 pm by Donny Exile in York »

What a shame.

What a pathetic response. What do you expect me to do about it? Other than try to win the lottery... I travel 80 miles round trip every home game, have a season  ticket, in the Rovers lottery, buy from the Club shop... other than buy a lottery ticket what do you suggest? What a pathetic response. Let's stick to the facts. The side on the pitch today would struggle to stay up in league Two next season.. yes some injured players will comeback.. but can we rely on Bostock or some others, will they regain fitness and be up.for the fight.. this season and next.. Time will tell..

So nothing then.

What you doing about it then genius? Re-mortgaging your house or robbing a bank?  What i am saying is that you can't assume that all new ownership would be bad as SM has suggested or that the current regime have done a fabulous job.. as part of another regime with another chairman some built a great infrastructure.. since then the fabric has been crumbling with little signs of long term planning proving fruitful on the pitch..  its been short termism until the wheels came off ...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:50:27 pm by Donny Exile in York »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 27, 2021, 05:50:25 pm by vaya »

What a shame.

So nothing then.

What you doing about it then genius? Re-mortgaging your house or robbing a bank?

You've been coming out with the same thing for ages (which is your prerogative) with zero impact. You may have to face the fact the club's not run off outputs from an internet forum. How about organising a protest outside the ground to get your points across?

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 27, 2021, 05:52:24 pm by Pside »
I know eco power owners. They don’t have the money to find a club. Not at the minute anyway

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 27, 2021, 05:53:15 pm by kirk »

What a shame.

So nothing then.

What you doing about it then genius? Re-mortgaging your house or robbing a bank?  What i am saying is that you can't assume that all new ownership would be bad as SM has suggested or that the current regime have done a fabulous job.. as part of another regime with another chairman some built a great infrastructure.. since then the fabric has been crumbling with little signs of long term planning proving fruitful on the pitch..  its been short termism until the wheels came off ...
I’d be careful what you say as you may find you can no longer post on here. Just a friendly warning.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 27, 2021, 05:55:31 pm by vaya »

What a shame.

So nothing then.

I’d be careful what you say as you may find you can no longer post on here. Just a friendly warning.

Terrible. Have you informed the UN?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 27, 2021, 05:57:03 pm by Donny Exile in York »

What a shame.

So nothing then.

What you doing about it then genius? Re-mortgaging your house or robbing a bank?

You've been coming out with the same thing for ages (which is your prerogative) with zero impact. You may have to face the fact the club's not run off outputs from an internet forum. How about organising a protest outside the ground to get your points across?

If things continue as is the unrest will grow.. if your advocating a protest you do it.. if your happy as is thats your perogative but if I have been commenting as such for a while its because the utter mess on the pitch has infolded over time and recruitment dreadful and things have got worse not better...

What do you suggest yourself Vaya.. sit on your own hands or bury your head in the sand and say all is well.. .thats how your coming across.. the board appointed Wellens, they appointed Butler, they oversaw the debacle on transfer deadline day or last January and summer recruitment..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 27, 2021, 05:59:06 pm by vaya »

What a shame.

So nothing then.

If things continue as is the unrest will grow.. if your advocating a protest you do it.. if your happy as is thats your perogative but if I have been commenting as such for a while its because the utter mess on the pitch has infolded over time and recruitment dreadful and things have got worse not better...

What do you suggest yourself Vaya.. sit on your own hands or bury your head in the sand and say all is well.. .thats how your coming across.. the board appointed Wellens, they appointed Butler, they oversaw the debacle on transfer deadline day or last January and summer recruitment..

..and they're still here and you're still not doing anything about it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 27, 2021, 06:35:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

What a shame.

So, let's just clarify what we're saying here.

I think it's fair to say, we wouldn't have got to the Championship without Dick and Terry since they came on board around 2005 ish? Do they not get any  glory or credit for the finance they've put in since then?

Had they not come on board and we'd be hovering around League Two and League One, what would be the attitude towards JR I wonder?

When we were in the Championship first time round, we got better value for the money put in and since then, the market has changed completely and it's become blatantly obvious it's much more difficult to operate financially in the second tier.

So much so, JR couldn't sustain his commitment, leaving Dick & Terry. So, are we saying since JR and sadly DW were lost, TB should have at least trippled his financial commitment?

At least TB, DW and GB had the acumen to create additional finance through Club Doncaster to make up for some of the other co‐owners finance.

I certainly suspect had TB & DW not come along, JR would have left sometime ago, after getting pig sick of the same unfair criticism from the same supporters accusing him of no ambition!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 27, 2021, 06:39:22 pm by silent majority »
Donny in York,

I’m not going to quote all your previous posts as the thread becomes unreadable.

However I am going to point out the mistakes you’ve made in those posts. Firstly I did not suggest that all new ownership would be bad, what I did say is that there’s no guarantee that new ownership brings success and new investment. We, as the FSA, deal with supporter groups at clubs up and down the country who find that it’s more common to go backwards than forwards.

That’s not an opinion, it’s our experience.

Secondly you’re making the same mistake you always make when we discuss boards and ownership by equating success on the pitch with a successful board. The two are not the same thing. You talk about the best board by quoting success by results, and that’s not what I mean at all.

That’s my opinion, but one supported by knowledge and experience of dealing with the club for a number of years.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 27, 2021, 06:42:06 pm by since-1969 »
And the excuse carry on !!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 27, 2021, 06:44:42 pm by River Don »
Ridsdale brought success on the pitch for Leeds... For a while.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 27, 2021, 06:54:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wonder why Rotherham United attract better players than us?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 27, 2021, 07:05:16 pm by Donny Exile in York »

What a shame.

So nothing then.

..and they're still here and you're still not doing anything about it.

And what you doing about it? Or are you happy with our current position?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 27, 2021, 07:07:47 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Donny in York,

I’m not going to quote all your previous posts as the thread becomes unreadable.

However I am going to point out the mistakes you’ve made in those posts. Firstly I did not suggest that all new ownership would be bad, what I did say is that there’s no guarantee that new ownership brings success and new investment. We, as the FSA, deal with supporter groups at clubs up and down the country who find that it’s more common to go backwards than forwards.

That’s not an opinion, it’s our experience.

Secondly you’re making the same mistake you always make when we discuss boards and ownership by equating success on the pitch with a successful board. The two are not the same thing. You talk about the best board by quoting success by results, and that’s not what I mean at all.

That’s my opinion, but one supported by knowledge and experience of dealing with the club for a number of years.

I.think.the silent majority of Rovers fans equate a successful club and ownership with success on the pitch.

I do acknowledge the success of Bramhall and Watson in an unbelievable successful time until 2013.. then as the saying apparently goes... the party was over..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 07:11:44 pm by Donny Exile in York »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 27, 2021, 07:08:37 pm by River Don »

Because their owner has ploughed something like £35million into the club.

Do we know anyone with a spare £35mil?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 27, 2021, 07:09:44 pm by tyke1962 »

Probably because they play in the championship every other year .

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 27, 2021, 07:14:28 pm by since-1969 »

Because their owner has ploughed something like £35million into the club.

Do we know anyone with a spare £35mil?
£35m It’s a nominal investment for tax fiddle .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012