Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:37:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unsavoury elements creeping back into football  (Read 9157 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Unsavoury elements creeping back into football
« on February 05, 2022, 08:15:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Listened to Paul Warne today after the game flabbergasted at some Rotherham fans behaviour once again. Weeks after coin throwing at officials at Crewe, two Rotherham fans have been banned today after incidents. One being a fan running onto the pitch at the New York Stadium after Accrington were awarded a penalty and striking an Accy player.

At Morecambe v Bolton today, the game was suspended on 88 minutes whilst the Morecambe fans behind the dugout of Bolton boss Ian Evatt were investigated for spitting, racist abuse and a 'barrage of abuse' that continued throughout the match, according to the BBC.

Is the knobhead element of football making a belated comeback because i'm reading about stuff every week. I would have thought that given what the whole country went through with Covid and this being the first season back that people might have more empathy and tolerance of other fans but no it seems.

Passion runs high at games as we all know but some people are just total f**kwits. Flares at games are also a big problem, more than they were.

What is happening here?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 08:27:12 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Re: Unsavoury elements creeping back into football
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2022, 08:25:39 pm by Spilsby Red »
Absolutely agree CDH. it won’t be long before someone gets seriously hurt. Not the way football needs to go. Be passionate but in the right way

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 05, 2022, 08:26:59 pm by glosterred »
Don’t think that DRFC are free from these knob heads, I refer you back to the FA Cup and Papa Johns game against Scunny this season. That day ours were out in force as well!

COYR

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 05, 2022, 08:28:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Just how dumb do you have to be to run onto the pitch though? It's not as if you are not going to stand out like a sore thumb and escape punishment. Bizarre behaviour.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 05, 2022, 08:29:17 pm by normal rules »
1. It never went away. It’s always happened. It’s just not been in the news.
2.  Covid and lockdowns has generated a lot of pent up anger, anguish, pain, frustration. Football is an outlet. A release.

I’m not saying I agree with bad behaviour. Far from it. But I think that’s where we are at.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 05, 2022, 08:36:37 pm by drfchound »
Listened to Paul Warne today after the game flabbergasted at some Rotherham fans behaviour once again. Weeks after coin throwing at officials at Crewe, two Rotherham fans have been banned today after incidents. One being a fan running onto the pitch at the New York Stadium after Accrington were awarded a penalty and striking an Accy player.

At Morecambe v Bolton today, the game was suspended on 88 minutes whilst the Morecambe fans behind the dugout of Bolton boss Ian Evatt were investigated for spitting, racist abuse and a 'barrage of abuse' that continued throughout the match, according to the BBC.

Is the knobhead element of football making a belated comeback because i'm reading about stuff every week. I would have thought that given what the whole country went through with Covid and this being the first season back that people might have more empathy and tolerance of other fans but no it seems.

Passion runs high at games as we all know but some people are just total f**kwits. Flares at games are also a big problem, more than they were.

What is happening here?

Nice though that Bolton scored right at the end of the added on time.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 05, 2022, 08:38:26 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
2.  Covid and lockdowns has generated a lot of pent up anger, anguish, pain, frustration. Football is an outlet. A release.

I’m not saying I agree with bad behaviour. Far from it. But I think that’s where we are at.

I guess so NR. Flares are the most notable in prevalence these days IMO.

And yes hound. That Bolton leveller did us a favour for the time being.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 05, 2022, 08:44:55 pm by Prez »

What is happening here?

Also a female Rotherham fan got assaulted by one of their own fans, think it was Fleetwood away. I mean WTF top of the league and carrying on like they are?!!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 05, 2022, 08:45:14 pm by scawsby steve »

I guess so NR. Flares are the most notable in prevalence these days IMO.

And yes hound. That Bolton leveller did us a favour for the time being.

Regarding that second sentence, CDH, you must have seen BB and Wolfie at some games.

Did they have the Cuban heels as well?

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 05, 2022, 08:52:48 pm by CJK »
Trouble seems to be following the Millers around at the moment. And what effect did that pitch invasion have on the guy then missing the penalty and the Millers getting three rather than one point?

Points deductions is the only way to tackle it.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 05, 2022, 09:04:16 pm by Draytonian III »
A lot of the younger element of clubs are thriving on it and I don’t just mean league clubs some lower non league clubs as well tiers 7,8 and 9 are doing. Posting pictures and videos of them travelling to away games, everyone I’ve seen looks like a glorified school trip with a few cans of Fosters and some Jäger bombs, it looks quite embarrassing when you see the photos. They are easy enough to find on Instagram

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 05, 2022, 09:04:26 pm by BobG »
Trouble has never left football. It's a part of the DNA. Reading this forum should make that blindingly obvious. And I don't  mean that as a dig at anybody at all. It is simply the written manifestation of emotional lack of control by many, many people when football is involved

BobG

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 05, 2022, 09:11:24 pm by elmsallrover »
I think two ran on to the pitch at Rotherham is mate was just behind him

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 05, 2022, 09:22:28 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
A lot of the younger element of clubs are thriving on it and I don’t just mean league clubs some lower non league clubs as well tiers 7,8 and 9 are doing. Posting pictures and videos of them travelling to away games, everyone I’ve seen looks like a glorified school trip with a few cans of Fosters and some Jäger bombs, it looks quite embarrassing when you see the photos. They are easy enough to find on Instagram

This is a good point. The social media aspect to it all, especially amongst pre-pubescent teens. This bizarre yearning need to film anything and everything and then plaster it all over social media as part of some narcissistic, ego trip that passes for yoof football culture.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 05, 2022, 09:28:07 pm by redwine »
Totally agree with that, however before I opened the thread I thought you meant Roy Keane going to Sunderland

:lol:

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 05, 2022, 09:29:53 pm by pib »
Unsavoury stuff going on in our own fanbase as well, with certain fans being singled out and bullied on social media, and derogatory stickers being printed and distributed with the intention of bullying certain individuals.

No need for it and it has to stop. Leave people the f*ck alone.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 05, 2022, 09:48:00 pm by The Beast »
Trouble seems to be following the Millers around at the moment. And what effect did that pitch invasion have on the guy then missing the penalty and the Millers getting three rather than one point?

Points deductions is the only way to tackle it.
Absolutely 100%! Especially seen as I backed Wigan to win the division before it started!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 05, 2022, 10:17:42 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not hooliganism but a Middlesbrough fan has been arrested after going on the piss in Manchester after their win at Old Trafford last night.

Not arrested for disorder but for leaving his 11 year old alone all night in the hotel!

Can't make this up.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 05, 2022, 10:19:23 pm by colincramb »
I just need to point out the idiots at Rotherham away earlier this season.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 05, 2022, 10:35:21 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Watching EFL highlights now and it's every other game that something horrible seems to have happened. Awareness campaigns have done all they can. Fining clubs doesn't make a difference. Emptying stadiums doesn't work and just punishes the innocent.

Last thing to try has to be points deductions but even then i'm certain the people doing this stuff don't actually care about the result or the team.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 05, 2022, 10:43:23 pm by Goole Rover »
I told my sons many years ago that they will come across some of the lowest forms of life at football matches thankfully these are a minority but we all get tarred with the same brush. I’ve stopped going away as I’m embarrassed by the conduct of some of my team’s supporters, at home games I can choose where I sit. Unfortunately this behaviour has been going on for years the majority of offenders have not experienced an example of decency  in their home life.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 05, 2022, 11:07:48 pm by tyke1962 »
I understand the Huddersfield v Barnsley cup tie today was especially problematic .

Serious disorder before and after today's game at The John Smith's Stadium .

It's the last straw for many of our travelling support today irrespective of the season we are having .

It's not by far  the first time this season either .

I have to say we've gained ourselves a bit of a reputation away from home and it's not good to say the least .

We've more than most that I will say and I wouldn't have gone today if you'd paid me because I knew what was always likely to happen .

A local away game with some of our lot isn't for me .

Do I have an answer no I don't .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 05, 2022, 11:23:30 pm by normal rules »
I understand the Huddersfield v Barnsley cup tie today was especially problematic .

It's the last straw for many of our travelling support today irrespective of the season we are having .

I have to say we've gained ourselves a bit of a reputation away from home and it's not good to say the least .

We've more than most that I will say and I wouldn't have gone today if you'd paid me because I knew what was always likely to happen .

It’s easy to get to away games tyke without getting involved if you are savvy. Surely you know this ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 05, 2022, 11:45:41 pm by roversdude »

What is happening here?

Also a female Rotherham fan got assaulted by one of their own fans, think it was Fleetwood away. I mean WTF top of the league and carrying on like they are?!!

Rotherham seem to have more than their fair share, a couple of seasons ago a mate of mine had to step in to stop a bloke striking a woman at a Rotherham game. Turned out it was Warnes mrs

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 06, 2022, 06:04:48 am by Donnywolf »
AND dont forget Hillsborough. A terrible and total tragedy which as we know claimed 97 lives.

Blame was shared about - lots of inter linked errors including fan behaviour on the day

One factor which it is obvious played a huge part was fans being behind fencing in the first place - and the fences were there as a result of fans bad behaviour over many many years previous

Those doing pitch invasions and fighting in Grounds and those condoning it should remember Hillsborough

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 06, 2022, 08:03:15 am by TixTheBox »
Wednesday’s have been at it all season. A few years away from this league, filling everywhere out and playing some clubs they’ve never played/never will for a long time has had them taking the piss all season.

No doubt if they don’t go up (Darren Moore :lol: ) those little clubs will have more and more locals out next season when Wednesday’s go their town I’m retaliation to this.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 06, 2022, 09:24:39 am by tyke1962 »

It’s easy to get to away games tyke without getting involved if you are savvy. Surely you know this ?

It's when you end up sat near these morons that's the problem .

Fighting amongst themselves at Blackpool earlier in the season .

Launching flares , standing up all game , drunkenness , drug taking , fighting with stewards .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 06, 2022, 12:26:29 pm by BobG »
Wednesday’s have been at it all season. A few years away from this league, filling everywhere out and playing some clubs they’ve never played/never will for a long time has had them taking the piss all season.

No doubt if they don’t go up (Darren Moore :lol: ) those little clubs will have more and more locals out next season when Wednesday’s go their town I’m retaliation to this.

Can someone translate this please?
There appears to be huge confusion between the first and third person's...

BobG

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 06, 2022, 12:30:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Non league isn't a sanctuary from cretins either. A club not too far from me, Ilkeston Town have recently had significant disorder in games against Halesowen and Worcester City.

Halesowen fans to blame for the first one with a pitch invasion, flares thrown and disturbances after the game.

Worcester fans goading and trying to attack Ilkeston fans in the stands.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 06, 2022, 12:32:13 pm by TixTheBox »

Can someone translate this please?
There appears to be huge confusion between the first and third person's...

BobG

How do you mean?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012