Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:01:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Josh Martin  (Read 12752 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Josh Martin
« on June 28, 2022, 03:28:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
Looks like he’s going on loan to Bradford!!

Oh dear.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Josh Martin
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2022, 03:37:28 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Ambitious with Mark Hughes in charge. He will be a stronger player after last season with us.

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2022, 03:40:48 pm by Dabby »
Ummm .. i fancied Bradford to win this league ,this season .

Best price 9/1

Donny best price 20/1 (At Corals and Ladbrokes)

Donny worst price 14/1

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2022, 03:43:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
I thought we were supposed to be trying to get him back here!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2022, 03:57:24 pm by pib »
McSheffrey said it was unrealistic didn't he?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2022, 03:58:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Did you get that rumour from that WUM rumour account (@AdamWilliSniff) on Twitter?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2022, 04:19:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Surely some division one team ( Barnsley are you listening) will step in and sign him on loan -- even if he does go to Bradford i expect him to get an upgrade to division one in January

by the way Bradford have sold (as in £-s-d) a couple of players in the last 2 days  and I expect Hughes to check the "huge" list of clubs he played for for available "ringer" loans

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2022, 04:51:29 pm by craigdrfc »
Going to Bristol City is he not?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2022, 05:15:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Did you get that rumour from that WUM rumour account (@AdamWilliSniff) on Twitter?

That's the only source I've seen saying this today, and whatever that account is it definitely isn't reliable. Some very questionable stuff posted on it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2022, 05:57:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Would be disappointing for his development if he were to go to a League Two club. I expect Norwich would want to place him at a higher end League One club unless they're wanting to offload him by virtue of a loan with a view to permanent. I'd also like to think Josh would be aiming higher too.

Anyway, isn't this just clickbait rumours?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 28, 2022, 06:51:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Only exciting player last season. If we got him back that would be a real statement. Imagine Hiwula and Dodoo weren't on peanuts either so surely money free now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2022, 07:04:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd prefer we got better to be honest not that I don't rate him as I do, but I think there's players out there who could offer a little more.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2022, 07:14:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
I'd prefer we got better to be honest not that I don't rate him as I do, but I think there's players out there who could offer a little more.
Let’s see if we can find them that’s down to the manager

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2022, 07:27:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He'd be up there as probably one of the best players in the league if we signed him. Not sure what people want when they mention better.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2022, 07:38:46 pm by Jonathan »

By manager do you mean recruitment panel? I think it’s been very clear it’s not all on one person.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2022, 08:07:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

By manager do you mean recruitment panel? I think it’s been very clear it’s not all on one person.
Yes Jon

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2022, 08:10:48 pm by ravenrover »
Strange, a few glimpses of talent but in the main a one trick pony cutting inside to his right foot most teams sussed him out which is why we only saw glimpses of his talent JMHO

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 28, 2022, 08:18:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He isn't the finished article by any means. Our one trick 'Copps Chop' pony did rather well as he matured.

Although Martin hasn't got the same close control as Copps (not many had) he has potential to become a very good player I think.

Mind you, I said that about Kyle Bennett but he just didn't mature.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 28, 2022, 08:40:27 pm by PDX_Rover »
All too often had zero end product IMHO. Got better but not a patch on #26!

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 29, 2022, 01:23:01 am by Ronnie Dovers »
Strange, a few glimpses of talent but in the main a one trick pony cutting inside to his right foot most teams sussed him out which is why we only saw glimpses of his talent JMHO

It's all about opinions, but I saw young, inexperienced player, in an extremely poor team with zero confidence and scrapping for survival, consistently show the bottle to try to go past his man/play the killer pass/make half a yard and get a shot away. Taking risks to try to create. I also thought his close control was on the whole excellent.

We don't yet have a creative attacking player like him for next season, and I'd love to see him back. If not him, I think we badly need a player like him. I've seen Ash Hunter mentioned, and he certainly is another who could fit the bill.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 29, 2022, 01:26:32 am by elmsallrover »

Yes Jon
but doesn't the manager have the final say

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 29, 2022, 08:36:26 am by steve@dcfd »

Yes Jon
He could do but the player just before he signs the contract as the final say the recruitment team and manager may want said player but if the financial package and terms are not right then he won’t sign.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 29, 2022, 11:23:29 am by Reg of the Rovers »
As others have mentioned one of the few glimmers of creativity and excitement last season, he's just a bit lightweight for me - reminded me of Kiwomya - I flinched every time a centre half went near him, his legs were thinner than Tommy Rowe's arms! Liable to get flattened once too often in L2.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 29, 2022, 12:04:42 pm by RugbyRover »

Yes Jon

Copps was asked the question in one of those recent interviews

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cf3pcc

about 11 mins in....."its a combination thing"

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 29, 2022, 12:09:18 pm by Campsall rover »

It's all about opinions, but I saw young, inexperienced player, in an extremely poor team with zero confidence and scrapping for survival, consistently show the bottle to try to go past his man/play the killer pass/make half a yard and get a shot away. Taking risks to try to create. I also thought his close control was on the whole excellent.

We don't yet have a creative attacking player like him for next season, and I'd love to see him back. If not him, I think we badly need a player like him. I've seen Ash Hunter mentioned, and he certainly is another who could fit the bill.
I think Molineux is not too dissimilar to Martin or at least the nearest type of player we have signed.
We could do with someone with pace to play wide. Either left or right. We are not sure yet on Taylor’s fitness so we definitely could do with a wide player who can go past players.
A windy Miller or John Buckley type player. Not wishing for much am i.   :zzz:  Not much indeed.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 29, 2022, 01:55:09 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We need 3 players minimum, a left back, creative midfielder and someone with pace on the left wing as permanent signings with a couple of loans maximum

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 29, 2022, 02:53:05 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He promised a lot but delivered very little. He was in a team that was devoid of confidence, that didn’t help him.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 30, 2022, 08:38:17 am by pib »
He promised a lot but delivered very little. He was in a team that was devoid of confidence, that didn’t help him.

I wouldn’t say he delivered very little. Fair enough last season was a pretty low bar for attacking productivity, but Martin only played for us for half the season and finished joint 2nd top scorer, third most assists, and 2nd in terms of minutes per goal.

I think he was one of the only positives of the whole season and think he would shine if he was playing regularly in a side doing well.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 30, 2022, 09:17:57 am by karldew »
If it wasn’t for Rowe, Martin would of probably been our player of the season?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 30, 2022, 10:06:19 am by mushRTID »
He gave us something we didn’t have.
A league lower and a bit more experience of first team football and I think he would be outstanding.

Would be a good signing for Bradford. I hope we’ve asked the question at least.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012