Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:10:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 9845 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Fans
« on October 07, 2023, 07:40:10 pm by roversdude »
Well our dickh3ads were out in force today, I heard 3 different people say they aren’t going to away games anymore

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Fans
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2023, 07:46:08 pm by ncRover »
Young lads standing up can’t have seen more than 15/20 mins of the game - more bothered about riling up stewards and fellow supporters.

Obviously not enough brain cells to seek out a spare seat.

Seemed to be a lot of police action after the game too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2023, 07:55:18 pm by drfchound »
They are horrible people.
At the Everton game they piled into the south stand two minutes before kick off and just stood in the aisles.
This caused people to have to stand up if they wanted to see the pitch.
When stewards went to ask them to find seats they were just abusive and challenged them to try and move them.
I also heard that they went round the side of the ground at the end of the Crawley game to attack their fans.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2023, 08:02:57 pm by karldew »
Off the Stockport forum about the police guiding us out the ground at the end to the roundabout

“my son has a video of there fans attacking and hitting a county fan,which will be sent to the appropriate channels”

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2023, 08:27:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Why were those idiots allowed to stand at the front.
Total joke.
What are the stewards doing?
Not a police man in sight in the ground.

A disorganised shambles. We sold out our allocated seating so there should be a seat for everyone who come in surely.
Those who want to stand go to the back as some did.
Why is it we have about 50 or so total numpties who think they can do as they wish and are above the law and are allowed to do as they like.
It is a disgrace. These numpties are a disgrace and giving our club a bad name.
Time something was done to weed them out and get them banned.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2023, 08:40:41 pm by roversdude »
There were even some of our fans fighting amongst themselves.
Pre game there were 4 very young maybe 13/14 year old Stockport fans in full kit and some of our rock hard knuckle draggers threatening them

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 07, 2023, 08:53:36 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Embarrassing in the Nelson utterly disgusting behaviour no surprise then when d**kheads obscure the view and swamp the causeway. Left with 30 minutes to go because the morons had hijacked the event making it unenjoyable. After 46 years of total dedication to rovers I decided I'll not travel away less than 3 hours away because I've learnt that these dilddos can't manage something complicated like changing trains. Embarrassing and have had to examine my loyalty

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2023, 08:54:10 pm by Jimmydee »
I thought that maybe the stewards should have shepherded them to the spare seats behind the goal, the naughty corner for badly behaved children.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 07, 2023, 08:58:26 pm by bpoolrover »
I thought that maybe the stewards should have shepherded them to the spare seats behind the goal, the naughty corner for badly behaved children.
thats what should have happened

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 07, 2023, 10:11:20 pm by Lesonthewest »
Embarrassing in the Nelson utterly disgusting behaviour no surprise then when d**kheads obscure the view and swamp the causeway. Left with 30 minutes to go because the morons had hijacked the event making it unenjoyable. After 46 years of total dedication to rovers I decided I'll not travel away less than 3 hours away because I've learnt that these dilddos can't manage something complicated like changing trains. Embarrassing and have had to examine my loyalty

Now for a true supporter like yourself that is very sad, & totally unacceptable. Get rid of these idiots.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 07, 2023, 10:24:19 pm by firestarter »
It’s not just Donny fans it seems.. just arrived back from a day in the big smoke and Blades fans kicking 7 bells out of each other on station platform after causing bother all the way home .. idiots the lot of em

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 07, 2023, 10:24:35 pm by Jimmydee »
Quote:- disorganised shambles…….utterly hopeless control of the morons that don’t come to support their team. Outside was also chaos, how can the police allow the home idiot fans to wait at the end of the alleyway for the away fans to walk into them and goad for trouble?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 07, 2023, 10:32:52 pm by roversdude »
Very disorganised my lads sear didn’t exist it was covered in tarpaulin, there were a few others with the same problem - steward reckoned we had only sold 600 tickets and there should be 400 spare seats

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 07, 2023, 11:25:06 pm by roversdude »
On the way there was a lad about 19/20 having ago at a bloke asking him if “ he wanted to go” he came unstuck lol

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 08, 2023, 09:35:24 am by graingrover »
Why are rugby fans and football fans ( minority groups ) so different in this way ! 

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 08, 2023, 09:36:19 am by NigelJ »
Very disorganised my lads sear didn’t exist it was covered in tarpaulin, there were a few others with the same problem - steward reckoned we had only sold 600 tickets and there should be 400 spare seats
We were given over 900 tickets, and sold out nearly three weeks ago. Steward clearly had not got a clue.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 08, 2023, 09:53:46 am by Muttley »
From what I saw, there didn't seem to be enough empty seats to accommodate everyone who was standing in the aisles.

There were no attempts by the stewards to get people who were standing into what empty seats there were, but its not helped by fans leaving gaps - you know the game is old out so don't leave an seat empty between you and Joe Bloggs.

The queues for food at half-time were ridiculous too.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 08, 2023, 10:41:19 am by TonySoprano »
Why are rugby fans and football fans ( minority groups ) so different in this way !
Been to Twickenham before, and what I saw there in the stands shocked me.

Openly snorting cocaine off the seats, pissing in a pint pot and throwing it across the crowd, shoving people down the stairs.
Union, is for southern entitled toffs, can't stand them.
League all day for me.

Anyway my point is, I've seen first hand how badly behaved rugby union fans can be.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 08, 2023, 10:50:01 am by normal rules »
Some of these young lads could do with a spell in the forces where they could channel their aggression in a more productive manner.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 08, 2023, 10:58:49 am by goalkick »
Nothing constructive will be done about it.who will sort it out?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 08, 2023, 11:55:50 am by roversdude »
We were given over 900 tickets, and sold out nearly three weeks ago. Steward clearly had not got a clue.

Yep I know that’s what I told him, guessing they sold all the seats that were then covered - it really needs looking into. There was a guy in front of me who’d booked 5 seats together and they weren’t there, the Steward was really unhelpful and just told him it wasn’t his problem and insisted there would be 400 spare seats.
This really needs escalating through Rovers back to Stockport

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 08, 2023, 07:14:45 pm by Pancho Regan »
These young louts are an embarrassment to our club.
They were determined to cause trouble yesterday, nothing to do with supporting the team. Of course in their cock-eyed view of the world, they would claim they WERE supporting the team.

This involves:
Engaging aggressively with the Stockport stewards, pushing your face up to theirs and challenging them to find you a seat;
Gathering in a group at the bottom of one of the aisles and standing up by the perimeter wall, making obscene gestures to the nearest Stockport fans (who were a safe distance away of course), ensuring that some of your ‘fellow Donny fans’ seated in the front rows cannot see the whole pitch;
Threatening a couple of elderly ‘fellow Donny fans’ for asking you to move away so they can see the pitch and enjoy the game;
Letting off a smoke bomb, causing some elderly / young fans to retreat from the smoke;
Aggressively barging past ‘fellow Donny fans’ (me included) in the exit alleyway after the match, where we were all ‘kettled’, in order to get to the front of the log-jam and confront the police.

What struck me yesterday was the age of these idiots. I’d guess an average age of maybe 16? Possibly even younger. With a couple of older knob-heads mingling with them (take a bow you moron with the curly hair and the beard for threatening an elderly Rovers fan seated on the front row because he asked you to move so he could see the pitch).

Very depressing.

I enjoy travelling to support Rovers away, but I didn’t enjoy seeing these peasants trying to ruin the reputation of our club’s supporters. I can totally understand redandwhitewizard’s post earlier in this thread.
Very sad if fans like us decide to stop travelling to away games because of these morons.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 08, 2023, 07:22:20 pm by roversdude »
Pancho, heard a few say they are not travelling away anymore.
One of those barging through the alleyway came a cropper.
Overall they were a total embarrassment

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 08, 2023, 07:54:59 pm by Chris the Rover »
My last away game was the 2-1 defeat at Rotherham 4 or 5 seasons ago. I said after that game, never again. These louts need sorting out - they are allowed to spoil things for decent supporters. It seems to me the Club hierarchy bury their heads in the sand when it comes to these idiots. They need rooting out and banning.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 08, 2023, 07:59:07 pm by redandwhitewizard »
I'm not sure thanks is the right word in the circumstances but it is heart warming to know that I'm not the only one feeling embarrassed and upset. So thanks for that Pancho

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 08, 2023, 08:01:05 pm by redandwhitewizard »
I've e mailed the club and concerned others will do the same

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 08, 2023, 08:04:25 pm by redandwhitewizard »
That sounds wrong I just hope we contact the club in numbers cos this is ruling my love of the club and I doubt my missus will ever travel with me again

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 08, 2023, 08:04:57 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Just proves 'all ticket ' does nothing. Pointless removing it as punished those who can go last minute

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 08, 2023, 09:38:35 pm by knockers »
It might be worth the club sending out one of the match experience surveys after every away match to those that bought a ticket.
They do it for home games and the away ones might get them to weed out the tat!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 08, 2023, 09:47:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Some of those so called 'elderly' fans were just as bad imo, looking for the confrontation at times.  But it felt utterly chaotic all round. Why we can't have an area for the lively ones to be just that and others to be more placid I don't know.  That's the problem with allocated tickets ultimately, some just want to sit in them regardless. Common sense goes a long way.

I guess that's why belle Vue was good you could get whatever experience you like.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012