Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:24:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 9846 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Fans
« Reply #30 on October 08, 2023, 09:51:33 pm by drfchound »
I can’t remember the last time I was at an away game where everyone was sat in the seat that was allocated on the ticket.
As far as I know it is accepted to sit wherever you want to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 08, 2023, 09:57:34 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Yes OK good idea. I don't care  how we do it but we must get rid of the Poison.  My two lads in their 20's say its all driven by social media. I don't do that so I've no idea. Ps both were initiated to rovers pre school oldest one persists youngest one feels despair at football in general particularly embarrassed by things he's witnessed following rovers home and away

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 08, 2023, 10:23:43 pm by scawsby steve »
Maybe Martin could confirm if we're any closer to the introduction of safe standing at all grounds.

Surely that would help with some of these problems.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 08, 2023, 10:59:25 pm by roversdude »
Hound - as we went into the stand we were told we had to go to our allocated seats by one of the stewards

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 09, 2023, 06:21:30 am by drfchound »
Hound - as we went into the stand we were told we had to go to our allocated seats by one of the stewards

Yeah, and that has been said to me many times but when you get there, often the seat has been taken so you just find another one because those already there won’t move.
Once, “my seat” happened to be in the middle of the Burberry idiots so I decided to move somewhere else.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 09, 2023, 06:54:35 am by roversdude »

Yeah, and that has been said to me many times but when you get there, often the seat has been taken so you just find another one because those already there won’t move.
Once, “my seat” happened to be in the middle of the Burberry idiots so I decided to move somewhere else.

Wise choice lol

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 09, 2023, 07:31:29 am by Nudga »
It should be unallocated anyway, those who want to stand go to the back and those who want sit go to the front and middle.
It's worked at the away games I've been to this season.

Seems like it part stockports fault for netting off a bit of the away.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 09, 2023, 07:53:13 am by roversdude »
Very much Nudga and for allowing the standing at the front
Common sense standing at the back, seats further down

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 09, 2023, 08:24:03 am by pib »
There were some seats free at the far end towards the corner flag. Not enough to accommodate all those people standing though I wouldn’t have thought. And I can’t imagine they’d have even wanted to move to sit in them anyway.

I think it was a combination of poor organisation on Stockport’s part, and a minority being unwilling to comply as usual.

I’m not sure what they have really gained from moving the away end to the side for a game like that. The stand behind the goal (which we had last year) was probably 1/4 full on Saturday, and it would’ve been ample to accommodate those away fans that went plus any additional tickets we would’ve sold had they been available. Their fans in that end would’ve easily fit into the section we had on Saturday with room to spare.

On the subject of our fans, I’ve no problem with people going out and having a good day, drinking before the game and trying to create an atmosphere, it’s just that there are always a handful that have to push it too far which is a shame.

Agree with Nudga re unallocated seating. I couldn’t have got to my allocated seat on Saturday even if I had wanted to. It’s sort of an unwritten rule with Donny away that it’s de facto unallocated anyway. No problem with that personally.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 09, 2023, 10:03:57 am by colincramb »
And to think some people still want alcohol to be brought back into the terraces. Absolutely cannot go down that road

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 09, 2023, 10:11:47 am by tyke1962 »
Just reading some of the experiences at Stockport on Saturday sounds extremely familiar .

My club have made huge strides towards ridding these morons by working with the police and adopting a zero tolerance policy .

A lad drunk and behaving in an anti social way at Cheltenham last month got a five year ban .

A lad giving the Nazi salute at a home game last season was banned for life .

It's not gone away entirely but the club and police have got on top of it .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 09, 2023, 10:13:41 am by tyke1962 »
And to think some people still want alcohol to be brought back into the terraces. Absolutely cannot go down that road

It's as much to do with the drug taking in my opinion rather than alcohol in my experience .

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 09, 2023, 10:14:57 am by Colin C No.3 »
I think anyone over 55 who has held a season ticket for more than 20 years should be given a free taser with their season ticket.

This would:-

a) Ensure you can sit in your allocated seat by using the taser on any person sat in your allocated seat who refuses to move.

b) Disperse (inactivate) any person/s standing in the aisles thus blocking people’s view.

c) Immediately halt any unwanted vocal slurs by groups of “I’ve had three cans of cider & I feel 10 feet tall” spotty youths.

d) Just generally make you feel dead good!

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 09, 2023, 11:10:42 am by Daniel_Smith »
Been going Rovers games home and away (when I can) since 70s and general football fan behaviour is getting worse again.

Louts with nothing better to do than cause trouble.

Don't make this a "young vs old" debate though, as I've seen plenty of older fans who should know better behaving appallingly too.

Getting younger fans to support Donny is hard enough at moment, without threat of violence.

Hopefully club can take the issue a bit more seriously before it really gets out of hand.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 09, 2023, 11:16:34 am by roversdude »
Daniel for once I agree wholeheartedly with you.
After the game when some of the idiots were trying to barge through the bottleneck there were little kids who looked terrified. There were also quite a few elderly and with sticks who got shoved out of the way

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 09, 2023, 11:29:11 am by pib »
Been going Rovers games home and away (when I can) since 70s and general football fan behaviour is getting worse again.

Louts with nothing better to do than cause trouble.

Don't make this a "young vs old" debate though, as I've seen plenty of older fans who should know better behaving appallingly too.

Getting younger fans to support Donny is hard enough at moment, without threat of violence.

Hopefully club can take the issue a bit more seriously before it really gets out of hand.

Agreed. Well under 55 myself and resent being lumped in with this sort of behaviour. The vast vast majority behave themselves and just want to watch the game and be part of a good atmosphere. Out of 900+ there Saturday it was probably 50 causing problems, which I'm sure would've been diluted further if we'd have been given more tickets.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 09, 2023, 11:52:51 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I'll tell you exactly what the majority of the pricks are really like.

A few years ago I brought 3 Spurs fans with me for the Sheff Wed away game. We had a cracking day out including a good drink in Sheffield city centre. Whilst we were in one pub though, one of the Spurs lads popped to the gents where there was 4-5 of these Stone Island wearing dicks waiting for their mate. My pal asked them if they'd had a good day at the game, to which one of these lads (egged on by his mates) started giving him a load of grief for being a 'Cockney'. They actually squared up to my pal but he told them he wasn't interested in a 4 on 1 scrap and walked out. These lads them came out from the toilet, joined the rest of their kind and continued to give may pals a few stares.

Later on, when we were at the station well oiled and waiting for the train to Euston, who should we see but the gobby lad who'd started on my mate. My pal was debating whether he should go over when this lad walked into the gents. My pal followed him in and had a little chat with him about his life choices. My pal, whilst small in stature, was also a very, very good amateur boxer back in the day. So whilst being small and skinny, knows how to throw a bloody good punch.

A few minutes later the lad came round and walked out of the gents and began to inform my mate that he was 'in trouble cos he was going to report him to the police'. After we spent an age laughing at him and pointing out that maybe he wasn't quite so tough without his mates around him, he sulked off very close to tears!!

I occasionally still see this arsehole at Rovers games trying to act like a tough man, but I bet his mates don't know that a 50 odd year old man made him cry at Sheffield station.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 09, 2023, 12:47:06 pm by Pancho Regan »

I entered the stadium at about 2.30pm and was told the exact opposite roversdude.
"Sit anywhere you like" is what I was told, so some serious inconsistency with Stockport's stewarding there!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 09, 2023, 12:53:26 pm by normal rules »
I hope this doesn’t attract another away ticket pay on the day ban . Which can become an issue for us that don’t live in Donny who make last minute plans to go to away games . It was a real ball ache last season . And that all started because of issues at away games

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 09, 2023, 01:08:03 pm by TonySoprano »
Never understood those that insist on sitting, but want to go to the back and have a go at those stood infront of them.
If you want to sit, go to the front !

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 09, 2023, 01:09:58 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Daniel for once I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Knew it'd happen eventually  :lol:

If there is anything that should unify our fanbase, it is having a zero tolerance approach to this type of abhorrent fan behaviour.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 09, 2023, 01:13:29 pm by roversdude »

I entered the stadium at about 2.30pm and was told the exact opposite roversdude.
"Sit anywhere you like" is what I was told, so some serious inconsistency with Stockport's stewarding there!

I pointed that inconsistency out to the Supervisor after he was getting grief for seats not being available

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 09, 2023, 01:45:52 pm by Goole Rover »
Well our dickh3ads were out in force today, I heard 3 different people say they aren’t going to away games anymore
I stopped going away after the match that was delayed at Crewe, just an embarrassment. I can’t understand why we don’t have the likes of the policeman fan who travelled away in civilian clothes, was it Graham ? Let’s get them banned.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 09, 2023, 02:42:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I wonder whether taking our own stewards to away grounds would help in keeping an eye on , and dealing with repeat offenders?

We can excuse boisterous behaviour, we've all been young at something but some of these cross the line, not even having any respect for fellow supporters.

I think zero tolerance is the way forward. Is it more likely more genuine supporters will attend games without the threat of thuggish behaviour and violence? Is it more likely we'd gain an even wider appeal to fans of all ages and sexes?

We've recently seen a record attendance at a WSL match. Every one of those attendees can enjoy a match free from any concerns about hooliganism.

There are a hell of alot more respectful well behaved people than there are thugs, if anyone wants to raise objections about these youths being the future. They are not.

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 09, 2023, 04:11:46 pm by hamiltonrover »
I’m all for young uns having a good time, but they were embarrassing on Saturday. The bulk of folk with disabilities were sat on the first couple of rows, which was fine until just before kick off, when the kids congregated down the front.
Stewards told them they couldn’t touch them, in effect giving them a free reign to do what they liked.
I know a few lads who have been involved historically with playing up at games, but they never pissed their own fans off like they did on Saturday.
Zero respect for stewards, zero respect for those who are unable to stand up. I’m not surprised one got a slap, all they had to do was move about 8 foot one way and all those who wanted to see the game from their seats would have done.
At one point I tried to reason with some and they shuffled along a bit, but they were back in no time.
To drive 230 miles to watch a game and see very little of it, did piss me off.
Let’s see if they’re at Mansfield tomorrow, unlikely!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 09, 2023, 04:30:56 pm by normal rules »
They won’t be at Wimbledon as it would mean getting back home way past their bed time .

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 09, 2023, 05:26:11 pm by donnievic »
Some of these young lads could do with a spell in the forces where they could channel their aggression in a more productive manner.
some of these so called fans will be in the forces lol

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 09, 2023, 05:35:55 pm by donnievic »
we went in about 2.20 and steward who I even remembered their number said you may aswell just sit anywhere cos sumone will be in your seat by now

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 09, 2023, 06:42:57 pm by goalkick »
These young men were also on the train which had three carriages and was packed solid. They are horrible people who have no respect for anyone and think they are above the law and can do what they want as nobody will stop them. I wonder what their parents would think of their gross behaviour. The elderly are to frail to say anything. Please can someone in authority attempt to sort it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 09, 2023, 07:13:13 pm by normal rules »
I’ve said it before, and I’ve said it again. Everyone carries the ability to record such events. The camera rarely lies. If you see something that crosses the line, record it. Then send it to the club. They will do the rest in collaboration with the police.
Many moan about stuff, very few actually do anything about it.
You can even post stuff anonymously on Facebook. Do not underestimate the power of social media when some  prick gets his ugly mug splashed all over it when he is acting like a complete tool. The incident at Hillsborough being a good recent example.
See it, record it, share it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012