Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:27:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 9852 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Fans
« Reply #60 on October 09, 2023, 07:15:31 pm by Pancho Regan »
Never understood those that insist on sitting, but want to go to the back and have a go at those stood infront of them.
If you want to sit, go to the front !

At the game we are discussing, all the people who wanted to sit were on the front rows.
Unfortunately, those who wanted to stand were standing right in front of those who were sitting.

Are you understanding now?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 09, 2023, 08:08:46 pm by Jimmydee »
I noticed that the biggest moaners that said they couldn’t see because of the people standing at the front had actually got a good view, I thought that a guy sat near me was going to bust a blood vessel because he’d been shouting at the stewards and told them that it was their job to move them on, it was the same with the guy that slapped a teenager, he was lucky that he didn’t get a good hiding.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 09, 2023, 08:20:14 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Omg Jimmy  D if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 09, 2023, 08:23:34 pm by jmt23 »
The reason it should be allocated is so people can be identified, so people have a fair chance of seeing the game, so if you buy together you get to sit together…
Why you need to stand at a game I don’t know, the game is much much better for seating.

Perhaps there should be a designated knob area, I can imagine they would happily sign up for it - they are spectacularly proud of their behaviour.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 09, 2023, 08:43:06 pm by TonySoprano »
Never understood those that insist on sitting, but want to go to the back and have a go at those stood infront of them.
If you want to sit, go to the front !

At the game we are discussing, all the people who wanted to sit were on the front rows.
Unfortunately, those who wanted to stand were standing right in front of those who were sitting.

Are you understanding now?
I wasn't talking purely about this game

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 09, 2023, 09:19:42 pm by redandwhitewizard »
I noticed that the biggest moaners that said they couldn’t see because of the people standing at the front had actually got a good view, I thought that a guy sat near me was going to bust a blood vessel because he’d been shouting at the stewards and told them that it was their job to move them on, it was the same with the guy that slapped a teenager, he was lucky that he didn’t get a good hiding.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 09, 2023, 09:21:59 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Wow have the words advocacy and morality ever occurred to you

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 10, 2023, 05:42:48 am by Padge_DRFC »
Other than this and Grimsby there won't be a sell out again. Hopefully no more issues. Ticket office used to ask if you wanted to stand or sit at games that were likely to sell out. Arsenal was made a big deal about that. Perhaps that could be done in the future.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 10, 2023, 07:04:33 am by Donnywolf »
Bradford City early on in one Season did the same.

It was agreed that from Row M ( I think it was ) to the front wall would be given over to those who want to sit to watch , for whatever reason

I got 2 Tickets below that Row maybe Row K. Immediately the game KO 5 people stood up in Row J.

I asked politely if they were going to Stand all game. They said yes, I said do you know it has been agreed that people wanting to stand would get Row M towards the back , they said yes

I said , well would you consider changing places with me and three other Fans behind you  who can't see a thing , they said no

I had to go sit in the very front row , where the sun was beating down , hard to see action as sat at pitch level because the "agreement" only works when people follow it

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 10, 2023, 07:55:58 am by roversdude »
Other than this and Grimsby there won't be a sell out again. Hopefully no more issues. Ticket office used to ask if you wanted to stand or sit at games that were likely to sell out. Arsenal was made a big deal about that. Perhaps that could be done in the future.
Bradford Mansfield and Harrogate Padge then Salford and maybe Notts County

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 10, 2023, 09:12:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Harrogate and Salford have terracing anyway. Be surprised if the others sell out considering the size of the away ends. Mansfield is a Friday night of the smallest away end.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 10, 2023, 09:33:53 pm by redandwhitewizard »
It upsets me that our fans support the actions of people questioning the morons but do f all to back them up. We talk about potentially safe games but where is the long term strategy to make away games comfortable for all fans. Omg someone someone said its better than it was. I've been home and away since '76 so frankly I've been on the journey. Fans didn't goad or inconvenience their own fans back then. My club is my family and I hate the current way of being

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 10, 2023, 09:58:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Get your phones out and film 'em. Get the footage online.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 10, 2023, 09:59:23 pm by drfchound »
Get your phones out and film 'em. Get the footage online.

Not a good idea Glyn.
It really would be inviting confrontation with the idiots.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 10, 2023, 10:08:46 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Omg,! cowardly! how else can we break this cycle of stupidity /insanity

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 10, 2023, 10:14:04 pm by drfchound »
Omg,! cowardly! how else can we break this cycle of stupidity /insanity

Not cowardly at all, just not prepared to be faced off by a mob of pissed up or drugged up yobs.
Just being realistic.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 10, 2023, 10:45:30 pm by roversdude »
Can’t believe there were a small group at the back today relentlessly slagging Lawlor off

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 10, 2023, 10:50:50 pm by drfchound »
I can dude.  Once people decide they don’t like a player it is rare for them to change their mind.
There is a group of three or four women who are near me in the south stand who have a proper downer on Faal, his every touch is ridiculed.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 10, 2023, 10:56:17 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Fair enough  but if we don't stand together we're bolloxed.  I'm a 59 year old primary school teacher working in a very tough neighbourhood.  I am a decent human being but enough is enough .if we don't stand together  these fool's will take us backwards.  I'm sorry for saying coward that was unnecessary. Please understand I've invested my passion into rovers since I was a youth and they feel like family which might sound stupid but regardless it is my life experience

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 10, 2023, 11:27:54 pm by drfchound »
Fair enough  but if we don't stand together we're bolloxed.  I'm a 59 year old primary school teacher working in a very tough neighbourhood.  I am a decent human being but enough is enough .if we don't stand together  these fool's will take us backwards.  I'm sorry for saying coward that was unnecessary. Please understand I've invested my passion into rovers since I was a youth and they feel like family which might sound stupid but regardless it is my life experience

That’s ok wizard, no problem. I agree that it would be good to get rid of the trouble causers.
I wonder if the club security people could film them and identify and ban them. I have seen the police doing that when faced with unruly crowds.
The stewards don’t seem to be able to do anything.
At the Everton game the stewards asked the group standing in the aisle to move to a seat but got the usual aggressive f.off response and followed up with “you can’t make us move”.
I have been going to the Rovers for sixty years (on and off) and have seen this type of behaviour quite a few times. It does need to be stopped.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 08:39:01 am by drfchound »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 11, 2023, 07:21:20 am by roversdude »
I think one thing we need to add to this, is that this is a societal problem and not merely confined to Rovers.
Last night a guy asked the Lawlor haters to pack it in whilst he’s playing for Rovers, he got the usual response. They were quite vile bluntly telling him (Lawlor) to fck off back to Dundee and he’s sh1t.
For what it’s worth I think he’s played really well since coming back

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on October 11, 2023, 07:26:25 am by Cramby10 »
Rovers as a fan base love to slaughter our own keeper. Anyone you can think of in recent history, barring maybe Sullivan, has been subject to ridicule. It’s like a sport with some of our numbskulls. I honestly don’t know what they expect from a keeper playing for a lower league team? It’s embarrassing

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 11, 2023, 07:30:50 am by idler »
There is one thing for sure and that is that idiots abusing their own players won’t inspire any confidence in their targets.
There have been many Rovers players over the years that have had a difficult start to their careers here before blossoming after a run of games or even changing position. The manager and coaches see far more of these players than we do.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 11, 2023, 07:42:08 am by Nudga »
The reason it should be allocated is so people can be identified, so people have a fair chance of seeing the game, so if you buy together you get to sit together…
Why you need to stand at a game I don’t know, the game is much much better for seating.

Perhaps there should be a designated knob area, I can imagine they would happily sign up for it - they are spectacularly proud of their behaviour.

Some of us prefer standing, and we don't have to act like knobs.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 11, 2023, 08:06:22 am by Thorney »
I think one thing we need to add to this, is that this is a societal problem and not merely confined to Rovers.
Last night a guy asked the Lawlor haters to pack it in whilst he’s playing for Rovers, he got the usual response. They were quite vile bluntly telling him (Lawlor) to fck off back to Dundee and he’s sh1t.

That's disgusting, why travel to a midweek away game to just abuse our own keeper. Do they think they are supporting the team by doing this?
These are ppl we could do without and would have no objection to them being banned. But don't think you can ban someone for being a knob.

Nobody has the right to abuse someone in that way. Doesn't matter that you have payed for a ticket.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on October 11, 2023, 12:14:50 pm by Goole Rover »

That's disgusting, why travel to a midweek away game to just abuse our own keeper. Do they think they are supporting the team by doing this?
These are ppl we could do without and would have no objection to them being banned. But don't think you can ban someone for being a knob.

Nobody has the right to abuse someone in that way. Doesn't matter that you have payed for a ticket.
To make matters worse the vast majority have never kicked a ball never mind played in goal.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 11, 2023, 01:02:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've seen the numbskulls insisting on standing at the front, blocking folks views. The simple Solution whether  home or away, if they fail to comply with a polite request from the stewards, to choose between sitting down, or moving back where they can stand, they should be ejected.

As I mentioned before, I don't know if it's feasible, but taking our own stewards away from home might help. Filming their behaviour and posting it on the official website as clear examples of what is NOT acceptable.

We could introduce a fans charter of DO's and Don'ts, so whenever we purchase a ticket, we agree to these in the knowledge of the consequences if we don't.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 01:09:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 11, 2023, 01:17:31 pm by Donnywolf »

I remember some slagged Ross Etheridge as he was a bag of nerves when giving his first interview ffs , and they stuck with that prejudice till he left

In one game the Keeper ( maybe BFG but guessing ) was injured and poor old Etheridge was booed from the Dug out right to the South Stand. What a welcome to give a kid with shattered nerves already

I remember Louis Jones hooking 2 maybe 3 goal kicks into touch by the dug outs at Scunny. "They" were at him from the first and were heckling each kick . He hit another GK towards the dug out and I thought oh he's done it again and again "they" were taking the p**s , but whoever was right on the line headed it infield and set up an attack

I loved it when he turned round and using only body language gave them the equivalent of 2 fingers. Laughed my head off

They left him after that

« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 01:28:55 pm by Donnywolf »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on October 11, 2023, 02:08:13 pm by Spud »

I remember some slagged Ross Etheridge as he was a bag of nerves when giving his first interview ffs , and they stuck with that prejudice till he left

In one game the Keeper ( maybe BFG but guessing ) was injured and poor old Etheridge was booed from the Dug out right to the South Stand. What a welcome to give a kid with shattered nerves already

I remember Louis Jones hooking 2 maybe 3 goal kicks into touch by the dug outs at Scunny. "They" were at him from the first and were heckling each kick . He hit another GK towards the dug out and I thought oh he's done it again and again "they" were taking the p**s , but whoever was right on the line headed it infield and set up an attack

I loved it when he turned round and using only body language gave them the equivalent of 2 fingers. Laughed my head off

They left him after that

I remember that, showed some b*ll*cks, went up in my estimation, good lad.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 11, 2023, 03:19:56 pm by Batleyred »
The posters mentioning brining stewards is an idea, but Doncaster football intelligence police officers do attend every game. They film a lot of the time. You can identify them as there jackets have blue on the front and back.. These are the people who gather intelligence to build a case for a banning order. It does not need to be a criminal offence banning order, it can be intelligence gathered over a period of time to get the courts to issue a civil banning order.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012