Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:14:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: January priorities  (Read 9977 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: January priorities
« Reply #60 on December 16, 2023, 11:10:27 am by Padge_DRFC »
Taylor is definitely out of contract too. I would agree with the above. Rowe Taylor and Wood are probably one of the higher earners in the team and this season offered next to nothing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 16, 2023, 11:22:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, with limited mileage left in their tanks, we can't carry forward those risks.

There's always the chance that Molyneux might want to move on or keep his options open. While his stock is still intact as one of the more consistent players, he could defer any contract talks with us and consider a move if a club comes in for him or just run down his contract and reassess at the end of the season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 16, 2023, 11:24:21 am by Chris Black come back »
We’ve got a big squad but a constantly smaller group to chose from due to injuries. This is a financial burden not least because we are having to rely on some players for the match day squad that we might other loan out or move on.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 16, 2023, 11:38:47 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Who are the players out of contract next summer apart from , Biggins , Molyneux , Taylor …

According to transfermarkt the full list:

Wood
Faulkner
Long
Maxwell
Biggins
Close
Westbrooke
Rowe
Molyneux
Lavery

Out of those I would let go

Wood
Long
Biggins
Rowe
Lavery

Taylor goes without saying

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 16, 2023, 11:48:26 am by Filo »
Who are the players out of contract next summer apart from , Biggins , Molyneux , Taylor …

Wood
Faulkner
Long
Maxwell
Biggins
Close
Westbrooke
Rowe
Molyneux
Lavery

Out of those I would let go

Wood
Long
Biggins
Rowe
Lavery

Taylor goes without saying

He’s not on that list, but yes, we haven’t had value for money from him, which is a shame because he’s a good player with excellent workrate when fit

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 16, 2023, 12:43:41 pm by ncRover »
Have added Taylor now always forget him.

We will be able to replace him with a quality proven player for this level.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 16, 2023, 02:54:30 pm by GazLaz »

Wood
Faulkner
Long
Maxwell
Biggins
Close
Westbrooke
Rowe
Molyneux
Lavery
Taylor

Westbrooke
Close
Maxwell
Faulkner

Release the rest.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 16, 2023, 03:12:02 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Top 3 can never stay fit shame as they are good

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 16, 2023, 05:45:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Move on Long, Lavery, Biggins and Degruchy in January, send back Roberts too.

Bigger clear out in the summer.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 16, 2023, 05:51:26 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Olowu we hang onto just in case he turns out to develop into a good player, it isn’t happening. Anderson just isn’t the same player we had a couple of seasons ago. For me we need a central defensive partnership with the current incumbents being moved on if possible. Midfield we are wide open, too many that are alright when on the ball but offer no resistance to the opposition coming towards our goal.

A lot of the basics any decent team does we are not doing. Being nice and solid, keeping the shape of the team. Working hard to stop who you play. Being brave on the ball, taking responsibility for making things happen.
The manager has to take some responsibility, he has to get the side organised. Stay in games, if you can’t score don’t give your opponents a start.

edlored

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 16, 2023, 06:30:00 pm by edlored »
At least 6 players with heart and desire

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 16, 2023, 07:30:21 pm by ncRover »
Molyneux didn’t look interested today.

No point keeping him for continuity when there is better value for money out there.

Even when he plays well, a goal or assist are incredibly rare.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 16, 2023, 07:34:50 pm by Spilsby Red »
New manager maybe a priority. Looked like the team didn’t want to play for him today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 16, 2023, 07:56:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t really see much point in making January a priority for recruitment. We are not going up this season and panic signing in the mid-season window is exactly what we have tried to do the last couple of years. Realistically we should think about an early bid for Nixon if Hull are not going to offer him a new deal, then recycling out maybe Marsh and Roberts for a striker and a midfielder. Would then rather save our powder for the summer rather than wasting yet more cash on panic signings.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 17, 2023, 01:26:05 pm by The Beast »
I don’t really see much point in making January a priority for recruitment. We are not going up this season and panic signing in the mid-season window is exactly what we have tried to do the last couple of years. Realistically we should think about an early bid for Nixon if Hull are not going to offer him a new deal, then recycling out maybe Marsh and Roberts for a striker and a midfielder. Would then rather save our powder for the summer rather than wasting yet more cash on panic signings.
Was going to post exactly the same thing. Unless we can get a permanent signing or two for the future, which is unlikely in Jan, there’s not much point in getting loans in with not really anything to play for, except persuading people to buy season tickets next year.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 17, 2023, 04:17:24 pm by normal rules »
Taylor rumoured to be on circa 4 grand a week. That’s over 200k a year for doing nowt. There really should be long term injury clauses written into contracts . If I was long term sick after six months my pay gets halved . And I’m lucky. Many people would go down to SSP very quickly.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 17, 2023, 04:33:57 pm by The Beast »
Taylor rumoured to be on circa 4 grand a week. That’s over 200k a year for doing nowt. There really should be long term injury clauses written into contracts . If I was long term sick after six months my pay gets halved . And I’m lucky. Many people would go down to SSP very quickly.
Agree about sick pay but the market dictates the pay and conditions, the player if they’re considered half decent might have a number of clubs interested, so you don’t have much option if you want to sign a player. Plus they’ve got the richest union in the world so as a club you’re up against it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 17, 2023, 04:47:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Said it earlier in the thread. Terry won't have to keep throwing money at it next summer as Rowe Wood and Taylor's wages will be off the books and we'll be able to use that money hopefully better.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 17, 2023, 05:03:22 pm by Campsall rover »
He will not be on anything like £4.000 a week. There will be no one on above 2.5 a week.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 17, 2023, 05:19:41 pm by GazLaz »
He will not be on anything like £4.000 a week. There will be no one on above 2.5 a week.

He’s not on 4k a week. That is a fact.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 17, 2023, 05:51:05 pm by The Beast »
I thought Taylor took a pay cut to something like 2.8k when he signed new contract.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 17, 2023, 06:19:35 pm by normal rules »

I did say rumoured. Players wages are like a dark mystery cloaked in mystery. Even 4 k a week is 150k. That’s a lot of money for a club in the financial Position of rovers. Especially with zero return for that level of spend

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 17, 2023, 06:26:22 pm by dickos1 »
  You have hit the nail on the head Hound, win or lose although winning is better it's enjoyable again, many talking points and visible progress by the club as a whole and most of the young playing staff.
   This season might be a bit soon, and our best chance might be a good cup run, although I think  our second half of the season could well be the best part.
   I can take that enjoy the rest of the season and look forward, it has been a long time since we could say that.
   One wish for Christmas if we are to have another striker on that list, young hungry and good, Josh Stones a fringe player at Wigan, although the train may have left the station on that one.

Josh Stones has gone on youth loan to Oldham Athletic until January.

I’ve recommended him to the club a couple of times, he would’ve been a great signing for us. But he’s gone to Oldham until they can get rid of wyke and magennis and once he’s back he’ll be in their first team squad

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on December 18, 2023, 09:06:53 pm by ncRover »
How much is Olowu worth?

I’d probably look to cash in.

He has valuable attributes but defenders with the heart of a mouse aren’t going to get you anywhere in L2. And we’ve done nothing but lose since he’s been in the defence.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 18, 2023, 09:28:10 pm by NickDRFC »

I did say rumoured. Players wages are like a dark mystery cloaked in mystery. Even 4 k a week is 150k. That’s a lot of money for a club in the financial Position of rovers. Especially with zero return for that level of spend

£4k a week is over £200k a year.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 18, 2023, 09:53:22 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Interesting maths going on here.

We need to get a proper recruitment team to work with McCann looking now to the summer. Release all players out of contract bar Faulkner, Westbrooke, Maxwell, Moly and close (he’d have to take a pay cut though). Use the money to refresh and hire a fitness coach.

As for Olowu not sure how you can cash in on a player that’s not worth a transfer fee. Someone might take him off us for a free.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 18, 2023, 10:03:06 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I thought Taylor took a pay cut to something like 2.8k when he signed new contract.

IIRC it was said that he was offered a 2yr contract and he said spread that money out over three years. So if (big if) the offer was 2yr at 4k per week then that would work out at 2.66K week over three years. Might be less.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 18, 2023, 10:07:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Should start having the injured lads working as stewards or selling programmes. Make themselves useful for all their getting paid

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 22, 2023, 08:51:39 pm by normal rules »

£4k a week is over £200k a year.

Sorry. Typo. Should have read 3k

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 22, 2023, 09:42:44 pm by Paul Simpson »
New team!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012