Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:28:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Harrogate game  (Read 8475 times)

Bollinger

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Harrogate game
« Reply #60 on January 06, 2024, 02:44:41 pm by Bollinger »
Absolutely pathetic. Joke of a club from top to bottom. We deserve everything we get.

And he’s back. How predictable. Pathetic.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 06, 2024, 02:45:04 pm by Butchers Red »
Sorry but it's more of the same - we could and should have been 3-1 up - time to stop blaming the defenders.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 06, 2024, 02:47:30 pm by dickos1 »
Absolutely pathetic. Joke of a club from top to bottom. We deserve everything we get.

Bore off you absolute clown

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 06, 2024, 02:48:11 pm by dickos1 »
It’s business as usual .. can’t defend or tackle where danger lies !! Shocking 3-1

We should’ve been 3-1 up if we could finish

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 06, 2024, 02:48:25 pm by In the box »
Molly's got to take one of these chances soon or it will bite us on the arse

We created a fair decent amount of chances in early stages of second half.
Ironside has little or opportunities created by our midfield. Mo Faal runs around like fart in trans giving away possession time and time again and no end product We are just not capable of keeping positive possession that results in a shot on goal ..

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 06, 2024, 02:50:01 pm by keith79 »
Total underwhelming season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 06, 2024, 02:50:07 pm by dickos1 »

Ironside has little or opportunities created by our midfield. Mo Faal runs around like fart in trans giving away possession time and time again and no end product We are just not capable of keeping positive possession that results in a shot on goal ..

We have today though,
Faal, and molyneux both had clear cut chances at 1-1

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 06, 2024, 02:50:25 pm by vaya »

You need to have a word with MK Dons. Someone put three past them on Monday.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 06, 2024, 02:52:33 pm by Chris Black come back »

We looked good coming into second half. Shame we couldn't have converted one of those good chances.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 06, 2024, 02:53:07 pm by Barmby Rover »
Looking back over our shoulders again. After all that effort there is nothing there today, keep this up and it will not take too much for us to be in a relegation fight.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 06, 2024, 02:53:17 pm by Canadian Rover »
Watched the first half, went out to clear the driveway/steps but it took longer than I thought walked in to see Jones concede the 3rd. We looked really good the first half, I guess it's just football and these teams in this division are better than we give credit to sometimes.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 06, 2024, 02:58:05 pm by ncRover »

Here he is!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 06, 2024, 02:59:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Some positives from today at least. Scoring away from home. Creating chances. Bailey was very good. Rowe has his shooting boots back on. Shame it ended in defeat.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 06, 2024, 03:00:32 pm by Redroy »
Deserved the points Harrogate. Punished us for being shite up top. Played some nice stuff in the first 50 or so mins. Bad in both boxes.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 06, 2024, 03:01:56 pm by Upton Rover »

You’re there again Dickoshead abuse to the first negative post, please provide a moment in this game we’re we could be positive?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 06, 2024, 03:02:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
4 shots on target and 3 of them are goals!

We have something like 16 shots, but only 2 on target!

Self explanatory, really.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 06, 2024, 03:04:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Made the mistake of listening to the RS commentary with Biltcliffe and Mickey Walker, who had been doing their best to talk Rovers down even at 1-1, making much of the stat we've never beaten Harrogate. Cue Harrogates second. I hope Biltcliffe is happy with himself seeming to be more full of glee when we're losing than when we winning.

It's bamboozling why we can play so well v MK and Mansfield, then put in another poor performance when the game was there for the winning. Just when we thought the penny had dropped.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 06, 2024, 03:06:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

You’re there again Dickoshead abuse to the first negative post, please provide a moment in this game we’re we could be positive?

I think Donnyjims constructive post got what it deserved. Never misses a chance to have a go at the club rather than any sort of analysis of the game.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 06, 2024, 03:08:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Louis Jones is probably the worst keeper since 97/98 think I’d take Gary Woods back

Should have done better with the first and third goals.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 06, 2024, 03:09:07 pm by Filo »

Hello, have you been away for the previous two games?

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 06, 2024, 03:10:29 pm by In the box »
4 shots on target and 3 of them are goals!

We have something like 16 shots, but only 2 on target!

Self explanatory, really.
We had 20 shots only 2 on target . Excuses is all we have to offer but not enough players who can DO their jobs even at this level !!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 06, 2024, 03:12:28 pm by dickos1 »

Well there were plenty of positive moments in the game, muppet.
As for your mate Jim, he deserves everything he gets, only ever appears after a defeat.
He’s worse than you

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 06, 2024, 03:13:49 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Made the mistake of listening to the RS commentary with Biltcliffe and Mickey Walker, who had been doing their best to talk Rovers down even at 1-1, making much of the stat we've never beaten Harrogate. Cue Harrogates second. I hope Biltcliffe is happy with himself seeming to be more full of glee when we're losing than when we winning.

It's bamboozling why we can play so well v MK and Mansfield, then put in another poor performance when the game was there for the winning. Just when we thought the penny had dropped.

Whereas you take the chance to have a pop at the commentary.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 06, 2024, 03:15:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Had to score at 1-1, that's killed us again. Mostly we were better than them but poor in both boxes.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 06, 2024, 03:19:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Whereas you take the chance to have a pop at the commentary.

Did you listen to the commentary? and yes, I'm well aware I can switch off. My observation has no bearing on the performance or result .

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 06, 2024, 03:28:01 pm by Upton Rover »

As for your mate Jim, he deserves everything he gets, only ever appears after a defeat.
He’s worse than you
It’s up to you how you comment on fellow supporters, however do you have to be abusive with the names you call these fellow supporters? You never fail to call people

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 06, 2024, 03:30:54 pm by vaya »

He’s worse than you
It’s up to you how you comment on fellow supporters, however do you have to be abusive with the names you call these fellow supporters? You never fail to call people

To be fair, you're guilty of that yourself.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 06, 2024, 03:54:08 pm by selby »
   I never think we have turned a corner when I see the team we pick, I just live in hope.
   The No 9 for Harrogate wins the MOM, not surprised by that either or the type of team that has beaten us.
   I listened to radio Sheffield, and they highlighted the defence backing off and not closing down, a lack of movement and pace in our game. not the keeper and how easy it is to play through us in mid field which sounded like we never had one in commentary as they never had the ball I presumed.
  Butchers Red we have let in 3 goals again, who is at fault?
   Our central defenders and mid field have been outplayed in most games, the central defenders bullied at times, Bradford and  Salford in particular and every time they have come up against sides with a grounding in non league that get in their faces.  It is just a fact of life.
  No team has to play well to beat us, just hang in there knowing we will make at least one if not two or three silly mistakes, and the regular players are getting no better, and have more than likely reached their peak whether because of poor attitude and not wanting it or a lack of just the basics to be consistent, everything is like a revolving door, the exact same thing happens time after time, and we don't seem to learn a thing from it.
  It will be interesting to see who if anybody  is wanted by other clubs this transfer window  or we are left to carry them through to the end of the season and pick up the tab, and if we do the same trick we did with Faulkner and undermine the value of the young players by limiting playing time and stupid quotes publicly by senior management that should know better and keep their gobs shut on certain things, and playing signings from other clubs not as good and have failed spectacularly over the last two seasons.
  My crystal ball says that players like Faulkner and Flint will be the players most wanted on loan if anybody but should be playing here, surely somebody will be wondering what the hell are they doing on the bench, and the club will see them as money spiders and we will be left to watch the same people making the same mistakes and showing little interest and ambition for the rest of the season.
 As I have said in previous posts, to the end of the season could be an opportunity to bring on some of the younger good players, they cannot do any worse, I think we will fluff it and not have the B******s to try it as things stand.
  I know I posted on here the team should be the same as last week because they played well, which is a system I believe in, but against sides who go toe to toe and play football, again we failed against a certain type of team on what could have been a third match unbeaten. And that was the test I wanted whole heartedly to pass and kick on, while all the time doubting we would finally get around the corner.
   Again a let down, time for change, most of the players have had more than a good fist of it and  have failed again.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 06, 2024, 04:01:52 pm by Padge_DRFC »
A lot of flack for the defence again. Molyneux and Faal should be taking loads for the sitters they've missed today at 1v1.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 06, 2024, 04:42:16 pm by dickos1 »
A lot of flack for the defence again. Molyneux and Faal should be taking loads for the sitters they've missed today at 1v1.

Exactly
We didn’t lose today because they were an ex non league team in our faces.
In fact I thought there was a distinct lack of intensity from them as picked up by their commentary.
We lost today because we missed 3 or 4 very good chances and we didn’t defend properly.
They had 4 chances and scored with 3 of them we had more chances and scored with one of them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012