Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:46:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket sales  (Read 21733 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re:Season Ticket sales
« Reply #30 on May 24, 2010, 09:24:43 pm by not on facebook »
here is some food for thought

if doncaster rovers was to sign billy sharp,buy how many
would that increase the season ticket sales???

i dont think there will be tented citys outside KMS overnight
to renew or get season ticket

my guess 500 tops

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 24, 2010, 09:31:49 pm by Adam »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Think we have come as far as we can - hold your head in shame - donny public!
Oh well - at least Leeds will be back in the top flight soon so you can waste your money on them!

A combination of working Saturdays and working in a supermarket both contributes to why I don't have a ST.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 24, 2010, 09:37:46 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
The ecomonic situation is obviously a factor but when you compare with Barnsley who has higher unemployment than here it does not wash.
The harsh reality given the massive size of the borough the football fans buy ST elsewhere/ anywhere but in their home town - hard thing to stomach but true!
2% of the borough own a ST at the present time FACT!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 24, 2010, 09:45:00 pm by Nudga »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
The ecomonic situation is obviously a factor but when you compare with Barnsley who has higher unemployment than here it does not wash.
The harsh reality given the massive size of the borough the football fans buy ST elsewhere/ anywhere but in their home town - hard thing to stomach but true!

Barnsley have and have had cheaper tickets than we have. Barnsley didn't tumble out of the football league and lose thousands of fans and become a joke football club. Barnsley had a season in the Prem which gave their fan base a massive boost.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #34 on May 24, 2010, 09:46:28 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

And Barnsleys fan base is pathetic as they have been at a decent level for 40 years. So on this evidence, our crowds are brilliant when you consider our dramatic rise.

And our population is only 40k more, and i bet we have 40k supporting other clubs because we were shyte.

Alonzo Drake

« Reply #35 on May 24, 2010, 09:53:45 pm by Alonzo Drake »
When I look at some of these postings, it's easy to understand why journos call summer the silly season.

Jeez, get a grip everybody -- there's no crisis of any kind.

When the signings are announced, ST sales will at the very least equal to last season's.

Also, Barnsley is a bad comparison, because their fans still have ideas above their station thanks to their flirtation with the PL in the late 90s and their FA Cup win in 1472.

Seriously, Barnsley have performed relatively well since Alan Clark took them out of D4 in 1979, so they have had more than a generation to build their fan base -- we are still going through that process, but are currently hampered by the serious economic difficulties in the Metropolitan area.

Also, it's easy to understand how so many clubs get into serious financial difficulties when you see fans on here moaning and wailing about low gates, yet urging us to make big money signings and pay big money salaries.

JR and his directors have a plan, so be patient -- but I'm afraid patience isn't a feature of young people in this post Thatcher/Blair period of get it all and get it now!

Alonzo Drake

« Reply #36 on May 24, 2010, 10:00:25 pm by Alonzo Drake »
When I look at some of these postings, it's easy to understand why journos call summer the silly season.

Jeez, get a grip everybody -- there's no crisis of any kind.

When the signings are announced, ST sales will at the very least equal to last season's.

Also, Barnsley is a bad comparison, because their fans still have ideas above their station thanks to their flirtation with the PL in the late 90s and their FA Cup win in 1472.

Seriously, Barnsley have performed relatively well since Alan Clark took them out of D4 in 1979, so they have had more than a generation to build their fan base -- we are still going through that process, but are currently hampered by the serious economic difficulties in the Metropolitan area.

Also, it's easy to understand how so many clubs get into serious financial difficulties when you see fans on here moaning and wailing about low gates, yet urging us to make big money signings and pay big money salaries.

JR and his directors have a plan, so be patient -- but I'm afraid patience isn't a feature of young people in this post Thatcher/Blair period of get it all and get it now!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 24, 2010, 10:56:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
When the signings are announced, ST sales will at the very least equal to last season's

I'd love to share your optimism but absolutely no chance. If we signed Lionel Messi we might just make it.

People are put off by the cost. In the past you asked a mate if they want to go to Rovers and the response would be ok, where shall we meet.

Now it's.....

1. How much is a ticket ?
2. Is that the cheapest ?
3. How do I get a ticket ?
4. Why can't I sit with you ?
5. Shit, the wife's just reminded me I've got to go to my second cousins wedding reception. It doesn't start while 8 but I can't afford a night out and the Rovers !

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 24, 2010, 11:47:27 pm by Adam »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
When the signings are announced, ST sales will at the very least equal to last season's

I'd love to share your optimism but absolutely no chance. If we signed Lionel Messi we might just make it.

People are put off by the cost. In the past you asked a mate if they want to go to Rovers and the response would be ok, where shall we meet.

Now it's.....

1. How much is a ticket ?
2. Is that the cheapest ?
3. How do I get a ticket ?
4. Why can't I sit with you ?
5. Shit, the wife's just reminded me I've got to go to my second cousins wedding reception. It doesn't start while 8 but I can't afford a night out and the Rovers !

And rightly so.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 25, 2010, 12:11:52 am by MrFrost »
DonnyNoel wrote:
When we are talking about \"installments\" do we mean pay monthly as the season goes along? Or pay monthly as this season goes along to pay for one next season?

If its the former perhaps the club can't cope with not having the cash up front? How do clubs that offer this at the moment \"police\" people who lose interest during the season and cancel their direct debits?

Sheff Utd have the barcode readers when you enter the stadium. If you haven't paid your direct debit that month, you don't get in the stadium.

Offer a scheme like this, and I would predict alot more season tickets sold. Especially those with a family who would buy several season tickets.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #40 on May 25, 2010, 12:14:12 am by topnotch_Donny »
MrFrost wrote:
DonnyNoel wrote:
When we are talking about \"installments\" do we mean pay monthly as the season goes along? Or pay monthly as this season goes along to pay for one next season?

If its the former perhaps the club can't cope with not having the cash up front? How do clubs that offer this at the moment \"police\" people who lose interest during the season and cancel their direct debits?

Sheff Utd have the barcode readers when you enter the stadium. If you haven't paid your direct debit that month, you don't get in the stadium.

Offer a scheme like this, and I would predict alot more season tickets sold. Especially those with a family who would buy several season tickets.

PMSL them electronic turnstiles that let every 3rd man in?

You need more men to cover its malfunctions thus higher prices :laugh:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 25, 2010, 12:43:25 am by BobG »
Possaibly so Mr Frost. ST sales might increase. But, please help me, what information leads you to say 'I would predict a lot more ST's sold'? I wasn't aware of this research.

Cheers

BobG

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 25, 2010, 07:12:10 am by en aitch »
Interesting thoughts about pricing led me to this:

In Season 1990/91, 20,000 people stood on the Stretford End at Old Trafford, home of Manchester United and paid £4 per game, at Arsenal in the same season, thousands stood on the North Bank, Highbury and paid £6. These prices were around the same price as attending the cinema.

Average salary in 1990 was about £20k - if you're lucky enough to be working now the average wage is approx. £40k - Before anyone shouts that they'd love to be Mr(or Mrs) Average that was also the case back in 1990 - South Yorkshire traditionally houses many people earning way below the average.

Th difference here is that instead of going to a football game to stand on the terrace (mainly blokes and their lads, and teen lads) and going for a slash round the back of the stand you now have a \"football experience\" with flush toilets & seats & families.
A bunch of lads can't think \"lets go to the Rovers today\" grab a fiver each and get off to the match.

Now I'm not saying that the change is bad (or good) but you pay for a different way of 'enjoying' the product.

It can't be made £15 per game without reimbursing the 4800 or so ST buyers - if it were £15 per game would the increased attendances make up the shortfall? Would players accept a pay cut? Would we attract new players if we offered worse terms & conditions?

Either embrace the change or leave it alone - football is seemingly marketed at corporate entities and people with reasonable disposable income, not at Mr/Mrs 'working class' and their kids.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 25, 2010, 07:19:59 am by Al4475 »
Agree wholeheartedly en aitch, if i take the good lady and her two kids my day at DRFC approaches £100 - car parking, 3 extra tickets, expensive programmes and so on. It's a very different experience to what it was like 20 years ago.

However this is the same in all ways of life - If we go golfing, after clothes shoes and clubs, green fees, petrol, food and pint (if required) again it can approach (and in some cases extend above £100).

Even at the Little Theatre for a show £8 for me and the missus, £6 apiece for the two kids, drinks, car parking and sweets etc - can cost £50 - that's just life in Britain today.  

That said - I think i'm perhaps in a minority now by saying that I prefer the way things are now (with the exception of inflated prices for shite food) as it becomes a wonderful family day out, and in this day and age that's a rare commodity.

Still very pricey mind but for health and safety reasons and for the family atmosphere (which eventually leads to more future DRFC fans) i'm not sure that can be helped. They'll no doubt all join me at the KMS come August regardless!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 25, 2010, 09:31:08 am by MrFrost »
BobG wrote:
Possaibly so Mr Frost. ST sales might increase. But, please help me, what information leads you to say 'I would predict a lot more ST's sold'? I wasn't aware of this research.

Cheers

BobG

Its common sense to assume they would.
Plenty of people aren't renewing because they cannot afford it in one go.
Give them the option to spread the cost, they will renew.
The fact we can't offer some kind of payment plan is very shortsighted from the club.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 25, 2010, 12:49:53 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Perhaps someone on here should introduce your management Team to Zebra Finance?  I understand they sort out installment plans for a number of team's season tickets, and if their rates are competitive enough for Uncle Kenneth, they must be worth a good look at.

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 25, 2010, 01:41:54 pm by en aitch »
If you can't afford a ticket why take on a debt with potential extra interest payments to increase your outgoings even more?

Why not set up a little savings plan for next season right now?

I'm under threat of redundancy so I won't risk spending the full amount on a ticket now any more than I'd take on a loan that i may have to default on.

However if I survive the cut I will pay-as-I-go ....

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 25, 2010, 01:54:19 pm by coventryrover »
en aitch wrote:
If you can't afford a ticket why take on a debt with potential extra interest payments to increase your outgoings even more?

I'm under threat of redundancy so I won't risk spending the full amount on a ticket now any more than I'd take on a loan that i may have to default on.

Now there's a new fangled idea.  I am sure those who would like to go to a match can pay on a match by match basis

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 25, 2010, 03:06:08 pm by Drover »
coventryrover wrote:
en aitch wrote:

Now there's a new fangled idea.  I am sure those who would like to go to a match can pay on a match by match basis

Yep and then all we have to do is stop all them Know-alls saying season tickets sales are simply awful etc.Then with more pay on the day,match day attendances will be roughly the same but income actually more because the pay on the day'ers don't get a discount. :silly:
The main advantage for the club with season tickets is that IF the Rovers was to have a poor season or a really poor run mid-late season,they still have the fans money,but alot of pay on the day fans will stop going.

retford rover

• VSC Member
Re:Season Ticket sales supporters club savings sch
« Reply #49 on May 25, 2010, 07:06:24 pm by retford rover »
Ive  :) been banging on for years about the savings scheme the supporters club run, ie a bit like a christmas club,  put a bit away each game at the supporters club shop, and end of season you are given a cheque to go and buy your season ticket,  but it's like banging your head against the wall.
for more information give len south a ring on 01302-817347 :)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 25, 2010, 07:13:51 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
retford rover wrote:
Ive  :) been banging on for years about the savings scheme the supporters club run, ie a bit like a christmas club,  put a bit away each game at the supporters club shop, and end of season you are given a cheque to go and buy your season ticket,  but it's like banging your head against the wall.
for more information give len south a ring on 01302-817347 :)

Just goes to show that such schemes are there, people just aren't interested in using them - same with the Danum Credit Union, they offer loans for season tickets at competitive rates, yet people say the club aren't doing enough, what more do they want them to do? Hand people free season tickets?!

Always amazes me that people bang on about direct debit schemes etc, and spreading the cost over a year as they can't afford the upfront cost - why don't these people simply save themselves over the course of the previous 12 months? We know that ST prices get announced around the same time of year and it doesn't take a genius to work out what the rough cost will be, so why is it impossible for people to do anything about it themselves? Why does everyone need to be spoon fed?

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 25, 2010, 07:47:03 pm by Beerseller »
I have a distant memory of reading about the credit union scheme but I've never heard of the club shop scheme.  I'm lucky enough to be able to buy my ST without needing to put money away weekly and so I've not ever looked for a savings scheme but it seems to me that neither of these schemes mentioned by Paul (retford rvr) has been given a big enough push from the marketing department.

Also, if I were a someone who had never held a season ticket, what sort of marketing would be aimed at me?  There seems to be a bit of marketing put into asking me to renew my ST (presumably because existing customers give the best returns proportionally) but I have not noticed anything aimed at converting non ST holders into new holders - and I mean here, those who aren't actively considering an ST but may do so if marketing is actually pushed into their face.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 25, 2010, 07:56:43 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Why is there no 'loyalty' incentive in place to reward regular season ticket holders? The ruler, sticker & place mat are very much appreciated but c'mon! The club asks for & inevitably gets our money well in advance of any potential new signings or aspirations from the board for the forthcoming season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 'Walking in O'Driscolls Wonderland', but a little appreciation for being a season upon season ticket holder, in the form of offering an appreciating yearly discount surely isn't too much to ask?

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 25, 2010, 08:39:46 pm by retford rover »
thanks beerseller hope you ok, it's on the supporters page of the programme nearly every game, and i mention it every other week just about in my article in the star(bet nobody reads it lol)you can lead a horse to water , but you cant make it drink it, i think the thing that worries them about direct debit is you could pay the first couple of installments, got  your season ticket in hand then stop payments,
with the supporters club scheme, you get a paying in book etc, then season end you get the cheque,  or you could put money into a rovers account at the leeds(sorry about language|) building society,each week  earn intrest over the year, whilst earning a bonus for the rovers.

rbut

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 25, 2010, 09:19:23 pm by rbut »
can i renew my season ticket over the phone ? does anyone know

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 25, 2010, 09:37:18 pm by en aitch »
Ring this number tomorrow and ask:

01302 762576

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 25, 2010, 09:39:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
before last season it was noted that providing a facility that would allow online renewals was a priority. We're still waiting.

Always amazes me that people bang on about direct debit schemes etc, and spreading the cost over a year as they can't afford the upfront cost - why don't these people simply save themselves over the course of the previous 12 months?

As a former customer service manager a large utility company, it used to beggar belief that customer's couldn't put a bit of money away each week to save up for their gas bills. Then they want it spreading evenly over 12 months on Direct Debit ! Customer Service ?

Think about it chaps !!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 25, 2010, 10:27:50 pm by CusworthRovers »
Here's a novel idea for anyone who may have the misfortune of not being able to find ready money in the form of 300-400 quid.

I think somebody has already mentioned it above:

Simply bang away approx £25 per month or £6 per week or less than a pond a day...now ie from today. This time next year you will have yourselves approx £300. There are then 2 options:

Option 1. Simply buy your ST, with little pain in the old sky rocket.

Option 2. You realise there are suddenly far more important things to do with £300 than blow it on DRFC. You then spend it on that far more important thing.

Alternatively, consider a supporters saving scheme, zebra, danum, 0% finance and all the other helpful means of saving, that are always pushed/advertised on here and by the club.

As a further alternative, why not have a right go at the club for not being able to buy a ST.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #58 on May 26, 2010, 12:15:36 am by Rovin Reporter »
MrFrost wrote:
The country is actually out of recession.

Says who ? inflation at 3% and rising ,zero interest rates because we have a £1.5 trillion debt to repay , with over 2,8 million on the dole over 6.6 million on benefits and the banks still not lending to the averagege person not with standing that everyone needs to pay over 10 % deposit before they can get a mortgage . so we are out of recession then ? every government job is under  threat to help half the public debt, that is nurses army, police as well., so i think we are along way from being recession free !! try in perhaps another 15 years and we may have got the debt down to 1 trillion and to get that we need 5 million on the dole , hospital closures, over crowded schools with less teachers, and 10% drop in pay for everyone. Just a 1 point in crease the interest rates would send over 100.000 people into a homeless situation because of the amount eveyone has borrowed. As a counrty we are on the verge of melt down , if we had been in the Euro zone we would be their now! so lets not  pretend it does not excist because you have paid for a season ticket today. not everyone is this position.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 26, 2010, 12:48:35 am by JamieM »
So who's going to translate the above then?  :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012