Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:47:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket sales  (Read 21729 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Season Ticket sales
« Reply #60 on May 26, 2010, 09:41:27 am by MrFrost »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
The country is actually out of recession.

Says who ? inflation at 3% and rising ,zero interest rates because we have a £1.5 trillion debt to repay , with over 2,8 million on the dole over 6.6 million on benefits and the banks still not lending to the averagege person not with standing that everyone needs to pay over 10 % deposit before they can get a mortgage . so we are out of recession then ? every government job is under  threat to help half the public debt, that is nurses army, police as well., so i think we are along way from being recession free !! try in perhaps another 15 years and we may have got the debt down to 1 trillion and to get that we need 5 million on the dole , hospital closures, over crowded schools with less teachers, and 10% drop in pay for everyone. Just a 1 point in crease the interest rates would send over 100.000 people into a homeless situation because of the amount eveyone has borrowed. As a counrty we are on the verge of melt down , if we had been in the Euro zone we would be their now! so lets not  pretend it does not excist because you have paid for a season ticket today. not everyone is this position.

A recession is about how the economy is growing. The UK came out of  recession in January.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 26, 2010, 10:00:58 am by bobjimwilly »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
Says who?

The UK economy. It actually grew 0.1% the last 3 months of 2009 - so technically we were out of recession as early as 26th January 2010.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 26, 2010, 11:55:20 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
The country is actually out of recession.

Says who ? inflation at 3% and rising ,zero interest rates because we have a £1.5 trillion debt to repay , with over 2,8 million on the dole over 6.6 million on benefits and the banks still not lending to the averagege person not with standing that everyone needs to pay over 10 % deposit before they can get a mortgage . so we are out of recession then ? every government job is under  threat to help half the public debt, that is nurses army, police as well., so i think we are along way from being recession free !! try in perhaps another 15 years and we may have got the debt down to 1 trillion and to get that we need 5 million on the dole , hospital closures, over crowded schools with less teachers, and 10% drop in pay for everyone. Just a 1 point in crease the interest rates would send over 100.000 people into a homeless situation because of the amount eveyone has borrowed. As a counrty we are on the verge of melt down , if we had been in the Euro zone we would be their now! so lets not  pretend it does not excist because you have paid for a season ticket today. not everyone is this position.

Fact is though, the country has seen successive periods of growth so technically is out of recession.  The fact that it's compared on the lowest points we've had though kind of covers over the problems.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 26, 2010, 10:57:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
whether we are technically out of recession or not,it's about confidence in the economy and whether your job is reasonably safe. Many have lost their jobs already and some may have managed to find short term work but this provides no stability.

You never know but things can change in a relatively short period. Hopefully Rovers can strengthen the squad and England have a good world cup leaving us with a feel good factor.

At this rate though I think we'll be fortunate to get 6000 STs.

Plus there is no evidence to suggest that more people will buy match by match tickets. People says they will but in reality it's easy to get out of the habit and not bother going. We lost approx 800 to 1000 ST holders last season and average attendances were approx 1000 down.

For any club, ST holders are the bedrock and the more that can be encouraged and enticed in to buying the better.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 26, 2010, 11:20:50 pm by BobG »
And the 'deficit busting' activities of our wonderful new Government aren't exactly going to make the likes of thee and me going to feel flush are they?

BobG

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 26, 2010, 11:41:08 pm by bpoolrover »
BobG wrote:
And the 'deficit busting' activities of our wonderful new Government aren't exactly going to make the likes of thee and me going to feel flush are they?

BobG
shame labour did not stay in they could have bought season tickets 4 everyone on the dole.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #66 on May 27, 2010, 12:01:28 am by topnotch_Donny »
bpoolrover wrote:
BobG wrote:

BobG
shame labour did not stay in they could have bought season tickets 4 everyone on the dole.

I fear for mankind now cons are in. I bet they'd have let Saddam run riot and we would have had a million times the problems.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 28, 2010, 10:09:29 am by MrFrost »
Sales update. Now at 4438.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 28, 2010, 10:15:52 am by Metalmicky »
Anyone know what the season ticket figure was for last year?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 28, 2010, 10:20:31 am by MrFrost »
Including half season tickets, about 7300 I think, without about 7000.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 28, 2010, 10:54:44 am by CusworthRovers »
There may be a little surge next week. People may be waiting for cheap seats to become free or certain seats to become free. As of 1st June it will be a free for all. It would be nice if we topped 5000 by the end of next week, with almost 2 and a half months to push on for more.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 01, 2010, 07:34:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Second deadline passed now.

KM site still showing 4438.

People are still updating the poll but nothings changed much so we're still on course for sales of around 4700.

I do hope there has been a surge but even if we top 5000 we're still along way off.

I wonder if Charlie Swallow in his new brief as Customer Manager will be following up an this. If he cares about all Rovers fans then surely he'll concerned that so far, many will be missing out on watching their heroes next season !

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 01, 2010, 08:10:42 pm by MrFrost »
What have Rovers done off the field to proactively try and get people to renew/buy new season tickets. The mis communication of the early bird deadline, no advertising, no kind of marketing.
Have the club bothered to be proactive to try and find why people aren't buying season tickets?

Lets face it, its a combination of piss poor marketing and prices increases. No flexibility on how to pay, no online option. Couple this with the state of the economy, you'd think the club would have anticipated that and tried their hardest to get people to renew.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 01, 2010, 08:21:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Think 3 cup finals and an incredible journey through the leagues is enough?
Face facts less than 2% of the surrounding public have purchased ST.
Face facts that we have a budget that matches our potential and the board are doing the best they can.
Certainly mistakes have been made with the marketing but I do share the Board frustrations and the Doncaster public have to shoulder 75% of the blame.
What amazes me most of all is that given the amazing work the community boys do you would think all Teenagers would want to support their home town club and at £50 a pop it is bloody good value!
You never know this might be the case and we may all be wrong and I hope that to be the case!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 01, 2010, 08:34:01 pm by MrFrost »
Thing is, people are looking to cut back what they are spending, due to the current climate. People need to be sold to. We cant live on our past successes (as good as they are) and expect it to sell season tickets for years to come. We have a marketing department at DRFC who seem to do very little at communicating with the public and delivering the message.
If I was in charge of marketing at DRFC, the first thing I would be doing is on the phone to those not renewed yet and try and get them renewed there and then. We also need to understand WHY people aren't renewing.

Personally, I believe the price increases were a bad move. As are the decisions not to have an installment option or the ability to buy online.

We've lost our club shop presence in the town centre now aswell. I really believe the powers at be should be ramming DRFC down the throats of the Donny public. Its two years since our last promotion. Unfortunately some people have short memories, thats just how it is.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 01, 2010, 08:39:53 pm by coventryrover »
MrFrost wrote:
Thing is, people are looking to cut back what they are spending, due to the current climate. People need to be sold to. We cant live on our past successes (as good as they are) and expect it to sell season tickets for years to come. We have a marketing department at DRFC who seem to do very little at communicating with the public and delivering the message.
If I was in charge of marketing at DRFC, the first thing I would be doing is on the phone to those not renewed yet and try and get them renewed there and then. We also need to understand WHY people aren't renewing.

Personally, I believe the price increases were a bad move. As are the decisions not to have an installment option or the ability to buy online.

We've lost our club shop presence in the town centre now aswell. I really believe the powers at be should be ramming DRFC down the throats of the Donny public. Its two years since our last promotion. Unfortunately some people have short memories, thats just how it is.

Personally, I believe if the Donny public can be arsed to go they will.  However, they cant be bothered so they wont.  Its down to the public more than rovers.  All the success stories we have been having recent years have been a great commercial but alas the donny public, as awalys, have been apathetic.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #76 on June 01, 2010, 08:41:40 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Face facts that we have a budget that matches our potential and the board are doing the best they can.
Certainly mistakes have been made with the marketing but I do share the Board frustrations and the Doncaster public have to shoulder 75% of the blame.
What amazes me most of all is that given the amazing work the community boys do you would think all Teenagers would want to support their home town club and at £50 a pop it is bloody good value!
You never know this might be the case and we may all be wrong and I hope that to be the case!

How can you blame the Doncaster public? Some people don't care about rovers an neither should they be blamed. The board need to accumulate to get the next generation of fan, or things will remain the same and we will land back up in the lower leagues.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 01, 2010, 08:44:35 pm by coventryrover »
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

How can you blame the Doncaster public? Some people don't care about rovers an neither should they be blamed. The board need to accumulate to get the next generation of fan, or things will remain the same and we will land back up in the lower leagues.

If people want to see a live football match they know where the rovers play end of.  There are many a media that they can read etc to find out when the next match is.  Why do the public need to be spoon fed?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 01, 2010, 08:47:32 pm by MrFrost »
It is a mixture of the two. However, I firmly believe the the club is well marketed, then you will see increased attendances/season ticket sales. DRFC are a product and the fans are customers. Its like any other business. Plenty will jump on the bandwagon just after a promotion, but its keeping those fans/customers, giving them a reason to renew. Now for the majority of us, our performance in the Championship is a good enough reason. However, new fans/floaters, that won't be good enough, and if you want to keep them, you have to go the extra mile.

On another note, there's two great big billboards outside the Keepmoat near the roundabout. I wonder why we've not put any kind of advert there. Cost?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 01, 2010, 08:49:00 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

It is their club and identity and the club is a massive part of the community.
Christ this town got very little going for it and without a doubt the club has done wonders for the profile of the town.
They should be bloody grateful!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 01, 2010, 08:49:07 pm by MrFrost »
coventryrover wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

If people want to see a live football match they know where the rovers play end of.  There are many a media that they can read etc to find out when the next match is.  Why do the public need to be spoon fed?

Because thats how it is. Marketing and sales is about spoon feeding. DRFC is a product at the end of the day.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #81 on June 01, 2010, 08:50:51 pm by topnotch_Donny »
coventryrover wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

I'm probably wrong, but the ones that want to go have gone. I think we have reached the full market, and now we have to get the next generation of fan before Leeds etc start eating away at our potential support.

PS the majority of Doncastrians just don't care about Rovers. Our board have the chance to change this!

(edit) With future fans.

Jonathan

« Reply #82 on June 01, 2010, 08:53:52 pm by Jonathan »
I don't think the early sales figures are too bad at all when you take everything into account. The 2009/10 season finished just a couple of days ago and if we're already over 4,500 then to me that's fairly promising. I know I had no intention of buying a season ticket yet and the same goes for several others that I know - they'll be bought near the start of next season after recovering from the costs of this one!

It's easy for people at university to rattle on about nobody saving properly, all I can say in response is that I wish my outgoings were still the same as they were when I was at uni!

A season ticket is an expensive investment, over 4,500 people have already bought theirs by the sounds of it, there will be plenty of others saving, and there will be others waiting to see what the strategy of the club is in the transfer market which is also their perogative.

No doubt season ticket sales are an important source of income to the club, but they get much much more from the likes of the television income, the shared parachute payments and the net transfer income from the last 12 months. I do not agree with people that say supporters should not hope for some level of transfer activity based on the level of season ticket sales. We've made an encouraging start in my opinion.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #83 on June 01, 2010, 08:56:25 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Christ this town got very little going for it and without a doubt the club has done wonders for the profile of the town.

Is it their club tho? You cant expect a 40 year old who has never associated himself with Rovers, to suddenly jump on because they have had a little success.

All the board can do is target the next generation as the majority dont care about Rovers.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 01, 2010, 09:05:18 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Is it their club tho? You cant expect a 40 year old who has never associated himself with Rovers, to suddenly jump on because they have had a little success.

All the board can do is target the next generation as the majority dont care about Rovers.

JR is a multi millionaire but used large amount of his fortune to start up MYA (never used the banks)and the other two are businessmen-pure and simple!

SO you have to assess potential and given economic situation and the public unwillingness to support their home town club then rightfully they are being prudent both for there own pocket and not to put the club in danger.

As you say it appears the majority dont care so they shouldnt moan when the likes of BS dosent come through the door...should they?

Just remember we have bid at least £650k which is double the record, what more can the board do?

Not really sure what you are trying to say at all!?!?!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 01, 2010, 09:06:52 pm by mushRTID »
Jonathan wrote:
I don't think the early sales figures are too bad at all when you take everything into account. The 2009/10 season finished just a couple of days ago and if we're already over 4,500 then to me that's fairly promising. I know I had no intention of buying a season ticket yet and the same goes for several others that I know - they'll be bought near the start of next season after recovering from the costs of this one!

It's easy for people at university to rattle on about nobody saving properly, all I can say in response is that I wish my outgoings were still the same as they were when I was at uni!

A season ticket is an expensive investment, over 4,500 people have already bought theirs by the sounds of it, there will be plenty of others saving, and there will be others waiting to see what the strategy of the club is in the transfer market which is also their perogative.

No doubt season ticket sales are an important source of income to the club, but they get much much more from the likes of the television income, the shared parachute payments and the net transfer income from the last 12 months. I do not agree with people that say supporters should not hope for some level of transfer activity based on the level of season ticket sales. We've made an encouraging start in my opinion.

This gets me as well, if saving money was so easy we would all have the money saved up at the time to renew.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 01, 2010, 09:07:45 pm by coventryrover »
MrFrost wrote:
coventryrover wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Because thats how it is. Marketing and sales is about spoon feeding. DRFC is a product at the end of the day.
[/b]

I disagree.  If a doncastrian likes football then they will certainly know about rovers and where they play.  it is up to that doncastrian as to whether they go see a live match at the keepmoat or are happy watching the EPL on sky

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 01, 2010, 09:10:11 pm by MrFrost »
Its not that simple.
People are making cutbacks, they need more of a reason to buy their season ticket. They need to be sold to. They need to know that its worth while. Why do the club have a marketing department, if there is nothing to market because everyone interested in Doncaster know where we play?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 01, 2010, 09:10:45 pm by Wellred »
For a short time I thought you had changed Nobby and was posting quite sensibly for you.
It seems it was short lived and you are back to spouting your usual boll***s

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #89 on June 01, 2010, 09:11:48 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
topnotch_Donny wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

JR is a multi millionaire but used large amount of his fortune to start up MYA (never used the banks)and the other two are businessmen-pure and simple!

SO you have to assess potential and given economic situation and the public unwillingness to support their home town club then rightfully they are being prudent both for there own pocket and not to put the club in danger.

As you say it appears the majority dont care so they shouldnt moan when the likes of BS dosent come through the door...should they?

Just remember we have bid at least £650k which is double the record, what more can the board do?

Not really sure what you are trying to say at all!?!?!

The Juries out with some doncaster fans that came and went. Ive spoke to a few that think we are still a selling club. Its OK us on here knowing the score but a lot just think, same old Donny. This is after the sale of Mills and Wellens last season, ofcourse.

I bet it goes down like a lead balloon too if we dont get Sharp. Sharp has hero status here the type of hero kids look upto  :S

Same old Donny will be the term in the pub and clubs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012