Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:35:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If we ignore the fact...  (Read 7469 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: If we ignore the fact...
« Reply #30 on January 22, 2017, 09:44:22 am by steve@dcfd »
A town of our size should not have 3-4000 less home fans than what Rotherham and Barnsley get

But there in the Championship we must keep up the progress through the leagues and supporters wil come but it will a slow progress.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 22, 2017, 09:50:10 am by deebee »
It's official our gates are higher than Rotherham. Ours are 15 foot and theirs are only 6 foot 6

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 22, 2017, 09:52:45 am by dknward2 »
Don't forget they also have a fairly new ground too.

If we are both in they same league next year which is looking likely it will be interesting to argue this again but then it will depend on prices etc.

The good thing is we are moving up and they are on the way down, just a shame the blades are looking like they will be also moving up

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 22, 2017, 09:54:18 am by MrFrost »
What a pointless thread this is. Rotherham had a fantastic end to last season and by a minor miracle, managed to stay in the championship. It's common sense to suggest that likely boosted season ticket sales. When they get relegated it will be interesting to see how many of those season ticket holders renew.

Significantly less would be me guess. They will get similar crowds to us next year

They've maintained a solid base of around 7000 season ticket holders. Something we never managed to do. They're not reasonably priced either.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 22, 2017, 09:57:20 am by Donnywolf »
The good thing is we are moving up and they are on the way down *, just a shame the blades are looking like they will be also moving up**

* Is that so we play them and have 2 derby games or because you dont want them to be more successful than us ?

** Same question

I probably dont mind if RUFC stay up and dont mind if SUFC go up but I do hope Scunny stay down - and not so we play them twice !

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 22, 2017, 10:00:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a little frustrating where we are but we're still at the start of the rebuild. Hopefully it comes again with time.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 22, 2017, 10:18:49 am by selby »
The key core of industry in the Sheffield/Rotherham area has not taken quite the hit that it has in Doncaster,although devastating in both areas.
   When adding the closing of the large factories in the Wheatley area,and the railways, to the mining in the outlying villages its been terrible in the Doncaster area.
   Most of these employment factories were the centre of participation sport in the Doncaster area as well,providing football,cricket,badminton,table tennis,indoor games etc.
   Add in the miners strike when people had better things to spend their money on, and as an area we went through a very poor time of it,and also we had a poor team at the Rovers,and more live football of the best teams in the world on T.V.
   In my mind we as a club are doing brilliant, because we have more than  doubled our core support since the 90s despite this.
  I agree with you Wolfie, we should be doing better,but beleive that a new sustained period of success this season and hopefully next will kick us on.
  It needs working on,and I beleive the club realise this,free tickets to all borough schools for the T.V. game for the east  stand for a kid and a parent for under 11s would be one of my promotions.   

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 22, 2017, 11:06:01 am by i_ateallthepies »
STOP PRESS!  Mr Frost embarrassed again by Doncaster Rovers' attendances.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 22, 2017, 12:19:53 pm by colincramb »
What a pointless thread this is. Rotherham had a fantastic end to last season and by a minor miracle, managed to stay in the championship. It's common sense to suggest that likely boosted season ticket sales. When they get relegated it will be interesting to see how many of those season ticket holders renew.

Significantly less would be me guess. They will get similar crowds to us next year

They've maintained a solid base of around 7000 season ticket holders. Something we never managed to do. They're not reasonably priced either.

That might be the case, however since they've moved they have been on a constant upward trajectory. It's not rocket science to suggest this has boosted their support, just like it did with us.

There is no evidence you can provide that will show they will get the same season ticket sales following a relegation and a season where they have been smashed nearly every week.

If they do, fair play

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 22, 2017, 01:36:52 pm by DaveDRFC »
That Crewe brought about a 100, there deffo seemed to be more home fans which is a good thing. The lads on the pitch can't do any more, there's another pricing special on for the next home game as well.

Build it and they will come. !!!

What pricing special is this? Not that it matters to me as I have a season ticket but anything that gets more people in is a good thing. I've not seen any offers though, the advert on the big screen just had the usual 'from £17' which is what it always is for members.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 22, 2017, 01:42:01 pm by Campsall rover »

That might be the case, however since they've moved they have been on a constant upward trajectory. It's not rocket science to suggest this has boosted their support, just like it did with us.

There is no evidence you can provide that will show they will get the same season ticket sales following a relegation and a season where they have been smashed nearly every week.

If they do, fair play

Very well said. The proof on attendances will be seen next season. I think we will finish higher than RUFC next season and the gates will likely follow the results.
Rotherham will need to do a massive clear out of players in the summer or they will be in a financial mess. Evans signed anybody and everybody when he was there and the fall out of that will be seen this summer.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:02:32 pm by silent majority »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 22, 2017, 01:44:47 pm by Campsall rover »
The very well said etc etc should have been at the end of above post!!!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 22, 2017, 03:28:00 pm by dknward2 »
The good thing is we are moving up and they are on the way down *, just a shame the blades are looking like they will be also moving up**

* Is that so we play them and have 2 derby games or because you dont want them to be more successful than us ?

** Same question

I probably dont mind if RUFC stay up and dont mind if SUFC go up but I do hope Scunny stay down - and not so we play them twice !

Yes I would like to be above them all and be the best team in Yorkshire but while we climb the leagues we could do with them in our league just for the extra money.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 22, 2017, 05:33:33 pm by glosterred »
Why are we arguing about who will have the highest attendance next season? We haven't been promoted and they haven't been relegated yet.

COYR

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 22, 2017, 05:38:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Why are we arguing about who will have the highest attendance next season? We haven't been promoted and they haven't been relegated yet.

COYR
Yes we will be and yes they will be.
Blame Mr Frost he started it wit his perpetual moaning about anything that is Rovers

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 22, 2017, 05:50:33 pm by glosterred »

COYR
Yes we will be and yes they will be.
Blame Mr Frost he started it wit his perpetual moaning about anything that is Rovers

Nowts  guaranteed in life, just like our promotion and their relegation

COYR

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 22, 2017, 05:58:41 pm by Campsall rover »
No nothing is guaranteed I agree but I won't be betting against it and look at the odds.
The bookies don't get it that wrong very often do they.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 22, 2017, 06:01:33 pm by RoversAlias »
You cannot assume anything in this sport. We weren't even contemplating relegation in January last season and look what happened.

The players certainly won't be presuming the job is done and I recommend all us fans don't either.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 22, 2017, 06:09:06 pm by Campsall rover »
That's why I think we will win the league comfortably because DF will not let them take their foot off the gas.
There is a winning mentality about the team this season as in 2012/13
You can see it week in week out. Go a goal down and we get stronger.
Last season we collapsed in a heap.
This squad is chalk and cheese compared to last 3 seasons.
NO ONE IS GETTING COMPLACENT LEAST OF ALL ME
POSITIVITY IS THE KEY  :rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 22, 2017, 07:02:45 pm by silent majority »
The very well said etc etc should have been at the end of above post!!!

Sorted!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 22, 2017, 07:03:08 pm by graingrover »
Mr Frost your insistence on posting frequently about our poor gates ..is it motivated by a sympathy you have for our club ?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 22, 2017, 07:38:31 pm by Mac the hooped man »
That Crewe brought about a 100, there deffo seemed to be more home fans which is a good thing. The lads on the pitch can't do any more, there's another pricing special on for the next home game as well.

Build it and they will come. !!!

What pricing special is this? Not that it matters to me as I have a season ticket but anything that gets more people in is a good thing. I've not seen any offers though, the advert on the big screen just had the usual 'from £17' which is what it always is for members.
if I've got it wrong then my apologies but I saw on the screen yesterday adults 17 quid and juniors 2 quid.   Are these from?  My lads ticket is 5 quid, how does he qualify for a 2 quid ticket if its from?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 22, 2017, 07:47:09 pm by DaveDRFC »
Just go in the ticket office and sign him up to one of the Junior Rover memberships. It's free and if you buy a ticket in advance it's 2 quid. The £17 is the cheapest ticket an adult member can buy. These memberships are £10 for the season.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/tickets/022membership/

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 22, 2017, 08:11:55 pm by Filo »

It's a strange  one is n't it?

A former season ticket holder such as yourself moaning about our our season ticket numbers have not been sustained!

The mind reLly does boggle!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 22, 2017, 08:17:04 pm by MrFrost »

A former season ticket holder such as yourself moaning about our our season ticket numbers have not been sustained!

Where have I moaned about anything?  Simply stating a fact.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 22, 2017, 08:51:29 pm by Campsall rover »

You really must be having a laugh aren't you?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 22, 2017, 08:54:00 pm by Campsall rover »

You really must be having a laugh aren't you

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 22, 2017, 09:07:01 pm by MrFrost »

You really must be having a laugh aren't you

No. You clearly have misunderstood everything which frankly isn't surprising.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 22, 2017, 09:16:33 pm by BobG »
I think everyone is out of step except our Johnny - as my old grandma used to say.......

Cheers

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 24, 2017, 01:51:24 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The crowds will grow as long as the club keeps targeting the kids as they do. A few years ago you never saw kids with rovers shirts on-you do now. The crowds will gradually drift back don't worry.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012