Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:09:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jones v Tutala  (Read 3442 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Jones v Tutala
« Reply #60 on April 27, 2024, 08:13:34 pm by drfchound »
Is that a two or three match ban?

One match ban

COYR
having seen highlights I think they have good grounds for appeal as he wasn’t denying a goal scoring opportunity and 3 covering defenders,wasn’t going in and the striker wasn’t getting there

Just seen it and my first impression was TLT didn't give the ref a choice with the deliberate nature of the handball, irrespective of what might, or might not have happened after.

Bit of a rush of blood there from TLT there, he didn't need to come that far out,  Shame really but that's the high pressure nature of football.

If only we had VAR.  :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 27, 2024, 08:18:39 pm by Filo »
There is a few things at play here;

FA - Suspensions carry over to playoffs but accumulated yellows do not - this would mean TLT is suspended.

FA - Straight red card for professional foul carries a punishment of 1 game ban - TLT would be suspended for 1 game.

IFAB guidance is that once a keeper leaves his area he falls under the same rules as a 'normal player' as such cannot handle the ball. If a keeper handles the ball outside the area it should be a YELLOW card unless denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity - If DRFC feels it wasn't an obvious goal or goal scoring opportunity (No of defenders) we could appeal

Personally I think it's a 1 game ban, take it, have the week training Jones with the team how to play out from back a little bit as the team now do.

At the end of the day, if the other 10 players do their jobs none of us should be worried about the keeper.

He is a local.lad who will be desperate to do his best and keep a clean sheet, let's back the lad.

COYR!!!!
TLT May get away with this, Sterry dealt with it, if the keeper doesn’t touch it the ball is heading wide of the goal and no opponent is clean through, and it was quite a strong header, possibly the ball is heading out for a corner

This.
I haven’t had the benefit of seeing highlights yet but my thoughts at the time were that Baileys header was not going into the goal and that our defenders would have got to the ball before any Gills player.
I agree that the red card was right but I don’t think it was a DOGSO offence.

Two points,
1) it was Sterry’s header
2) if it’s not a DOGSO offence it’s not a red card

Ok, I got who headed it wrong but that is irrelevant.
Deliberate handball outside the box, no doubt, but I’m not arguing about that.
I’m agreeing that TLT might get away with a suspension if it can be proved that the handball didn’t stop a scoring opportunity.
That is referring to the IFAB ruling mentioned by Ryaldinho.

You agree it was a red card, on what grounds if you think it was not DOGSO?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 27, 2024, 08:32:06 pm by drfchound »
There is a few things at play here;

FA - Suspensions carry over to playoffs but accumulated yellows do not - this would mean TLT is suspended.

FA - Straight red card for professional foul carries a punishment of 1 game ban - TLT would be suspended for 1 game.

IFAB guidance is that once a keeper leaves his area he falls under the same rules as a 'normal player' as such cannot handle the ball. If a keeper handles the ball outside the area it should be a YELLOW card unless denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity - If DRFC feels it wasn't an obvious goal or goal scoring opportunity (No of defenders) we could appeal

Personally I think it's a 1 game ban, take it, have the week training Jones with the team how to play out from back a little bit as the team now do.

At the end of the day, if the other 10 players do their jobs none of us should be worried about the keeper.

He is a local.lad who will be desperate to do his best and keep a clean sheet, let's back the lad.

COYR!!!!
TLT May get away with this, Sterry dealt with it, if the keeper doesn’t touch it the ball is heading wide of the goal and no opponent is clean through, and it was quite a strong header, possibly the ball is heading out for a corner

This.
I haven’t had the benefit of seeing highlights yet but my thoughts at the time were that Baileys header was not going into the goal and that our defenders would have got to the ball before any Gills player.
I agree that the red card was right but I don’t think it was a DOGSO offence.

Two points,
1) it was Sterry’s header
2) if it’s not a DOGSO offence it’s not a red card

Ok, I got who headed it wrong but that is irrelevant.
Deliberate handball outside the box, no doubt, but I’m not arguing about that.
I’m agreeing that TLT might get away with a suspension if it can be proved that the handball didn’t stop a scoring opportunity.
That is referring to the IFAB ruling mentioned by Ryaldinho.

You agree it was a red card, on what grounds if you think it was not DOGSO?

Having read back through my posts, I have missed a “d” off agree.
Meaning I had agreed that it was a red card offence at the time but didn’t know there was a possible yellow card if it wasn’t a DOGSO.
Now that I am agreeing with what Ryaldinho has written.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 27, 2024, 08:32:33 pm by RoversInSpain »
I actually think it's a yellow. If you watch the highlights, it was going away from goal and there were three defenders beteeen the ball and the striker. Not a clear goal scoring opportunity.
EXACTLY correct

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 27, 2024, 09:08:08 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I actually think it's a yellow. If you watch the highlights, it was going away from goal and there were three defenders beteeen the ball and the striker. Not a clear goal scoring opportunity.
EXACTLY correct

Are there any precedents for success in this situation? The question of OGSO is largely one of judgement and it is one situation when the referee is probably quite reasonably adjudged to be the best person to make such a decision. It is not a question of being able to look at it technically as with a VAR offside decision where it is a question of fact. 

Perhaps it would be unlikely that the appeal would be judged frivolous, but dare we take even the slightest risk in the circumstances?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 27, 2024, 09:12:31 pm by GazLaz »
Probably worth an appeal. It’s certainly an interesting one.

Is the header 100% going wide and if not does it have enough power to go in the goal? TLT obviously thought he was stopping it going in the goal, that’s why he did what he did.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 28, 2024, 08:06:13 am by colincramb »
I don’t think it’s a red. There’s 3 covering players in front of their attacker that would clearly of got there first.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 28, 2024, 08:11:02 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's questionable but you don't often win appeals for these kind of things.  In real time it looked a no brainer, watching it back the defenders look to have it covered.

If we were nottm forest we would be tweeting about an American ref against a club with American owners and flags all over  ;)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 28, 2024, 09:31:48 am by DonnyOsmond »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 28, 2024, 09:44:41 am by Chris Black come back »
Great, in this thread we have had one, two and three match bans, and also no ban.

John Coyle who is right on most matters football, reckons one match ban.

Never doubt the OG. He's is rarely wrong.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 28, 2024, 10:33:19 am by drfcsteve »
What’s happened to Lawler? Is he injured?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 28, 2024, 10:49:17 am by IDM »
An appeal risks a sanction of extending a suspension?  If the panel accept the ref acted in good faith from what he could have seen and judged at the time, then they will surely back him?

Jones will be fine, let’s just prepare for the first game?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 28, 2024, 10:53:43 am by mushRTID »
The club must have thought we can live without him for one game and it’s not worth the risk. Go away from home, dig in, Nick a goal whatever it is…bring them back to the EP and destroy them.

Not Jones biggest fan but we have to get behind him. That save near the end was superb.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 28, 2024, 11:14:57 am by Campsall rover »
The club must have thought we can live without him for one game and it’s not worth the risk. Go away from home, dig in, Nick a goal whatever it is…bring them back to the EP and destroy them.

Not Jones biggest fan but we have to get behind him. That save near the end was superb.
We can do more than just Nick a goal mush.

We need to really get at them. No way we should rely on the 2nd leg to beat them. 
We are on a roll Crewe are in awful form.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 28, 2024, 11:27:15 am by mushRTID »

We can do more than just Nick a goal mush.

We need to really get at them. No way we should rely on the 2nd leg to beat them. 
We are on a roll Crewe are in awful form.

I completely agree but we have to an acknowledge losing TLT is huge. It’s not just about who is the better goalie. He’s a massive part of how we play.

Agree we should be going there to win though and confident we will.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 28, 2024, 01:29:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a blow but we can adapt. Any promotion team has to be able to adapt at some point. If we kept this dream alive by playing with 10 men twice, then we should be confident playing with a full XI on the pitch no matter who's between the sticks.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 28, 2024, 01:31:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
What’s happened to Lawler? Is he injured?

He is injured.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 28, 2024, 01:42:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Appeal probably had no chance of getting through. They tend to go with the on field decision unless it's really, obviously wrong. Even though you could argue this should only be a yellow, you generally need something more concrete than that.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 28, 2024, 02:12:23 pm by danumdon »
We just need to take the 1 match ban and get on with it.

I'd put nothing past this lot, if we remember when JR appealed a very poor and obviously wrong decision we then had some really dodgy decisions go our way for a while.

Its like they would admit being wrong but then hold it against you and also never give you the benefit of doubt in any close decision after.

Crooked and incompetent.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 28, 2024, 02:13:48 pm by andysly »
As much as I dislike VAR TLT would’ve got a yellow instead of his red and Maxwell a penalty yesterday.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 28, 2024, 02:15:07 pm by andysly »
TLT is the better keeper, but he’s also hugely influential in the improvement of the defensive unit.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 28, 2024, 02:19:48 pm by Filo »
TLT is the better keeper, but he’s also hugely influential in the improvement of the defensive unit.

I would say he’s also influential in the way we attack and build from the back

TinyPortal © 2005-2012