Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:25:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: shiels  (Read 1217 times)

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
shiels
« on October 21, 2011, 07:45:07 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels is keen to keep his son, Dean Shiels at Rugby Park after his loan expires.

The Doncaster Rovers midfielder is on loan with Kilmarnock until the New Year.

The Northern Ireland international has been a regular in the Kilmarnock side since arriving in July, making eleven appearances and scoring three goals, including the opening goal in the 3-3 draw with Celtic last Saturday.

Shiels senior is hoping to sort something out with Doncaster in the near future although he admits he is yet to speak to Rovers boss Dean Saunders. 'We're trying to extend Dean's loan. We're trying to see if we can do that. We'll sit down and talk with Dean and Doncaster. I've not had talks with Doncaster yet, but I plan to. I want to extend it and hopefully we can do. Dean is a top player and he helps the team a lot. He has done well since he came but we didn't expect anything less than that as he's a creative midfielder. That's the type of player we need for the way we play so hopefully we can keep him here.'

Shiels has struggled to hold down a regular starting place at the Keepmoat since signing for Doncaster from Hibernian in 2009

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=259726#ixzz1bRnRlRwK

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
Re: shiels
« Reply #1 on October 21, 2011, 09:04:08 pm by LuckyGirl »
If it happens I wish him luck. I enjoyed seeing him at the Keepmoat. The latest developments suggest it might be a wise move .....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 11:28:36 am by RoversAlias »
A permanent move is the best option for all parties. He had run out of desire at this club and the move seems to have re-invigorated him, I hope he goes and I hope he and Heffernan keep on scoring and creating the goals at Rugby Park.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 11:41:35 am by Filo »
Don`t let him go for free, if they want him that bad they`ll pay, we might be able to squeeze £50k out of them, 6 months wages of our £2k per week Galacticos!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012