Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:27:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: international clearance  (Read 1132 times)

lee.j09

• Forum Member
international clearance
« on October 22, 2011, 09:15:45 am by lee.j09 »
i didnt think we could sign a player after the transfer window that requiered international clearance. can any one confirm this?

heard the blades harping on about it on radio dee dah that they where trying to bring in to scotts and they couldnt get international clearance.

so if this is true we cant sign diara and the 4/5 french players.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: international clearance
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 09:29:06 am by The Red Baron »
I think it depends whether they are a free agent or not. If a player is a free agent- i.e. not contracted to a club, they can move to a club in another country outside the Window.

I'm pretty sure this was the case with Dennis Souza last season, whose last club had been in Qatar but was available because his contract had ended.

That would mean Diarra would be OK to sign for us, but those French players mentioned (who seem to still be contracted) could not move until January.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 09:37:36 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=193242
I think it depends whether they are a free agent or not. If a player is a free agent- i.e. not contracted to a club, they can move to a club in another country outside the Window.

I'm pretty sure this was the case with Dennis Souza last season, whose last club had been in Qatar but was available because his contract had ended.

That would mean Diarra would be OK to sign for us, but those French players mentioned (who seem to still be contracted) could not move until January.

Think different with Souza. Border Agency not convinced he was a footballer so he obtained clearance under his former career as a sous chef.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 09:56:19 am by Berkshire Rover »
didn't we havrto get clearance for parkin as he came froma welsh club? (seriously!)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2011, 11:20:17 am by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=193242

Is it not the case that the \"Loan\" transfers in europe work exactly the same as in UK. Yes international clearence will be required, but players can sign on loan outside of window ( or how did Beckham to Milan and Donovan to Everton work ). Full transfers of non contracted players is allowed as previously stated.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012