Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:27:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Agent making money game out of game shocker!!!!  (Read 2791 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Agent making money game out of game shocker!!!!
« on October 22, 2011, 10:40:06 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Some of the reaction, mostly from rival fans is amazing !!!

Why do you get up in the morning and do your job? To make money for your family !!!

So Willie works his b*llocks becomes the best at what he does and gets load of shit for it!!

Well I for one think he is real star who will try his best by making us a hell of a stronger club..!!

Thank you Sir!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Agent making money game out of game shocker!!!!
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 10:46:37 am by Filo »
Is there any need to start another thread on a subject that is already multiple pages long?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 10:47:31 am by Muttley »
Norfolk N Chance spouting b*llocks shocker!!!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 10:55:33 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193257

Why do you get up in the morning and do your job? To make money for your family !!!

So Willie works his b*llocks becomes the best at what he does and gets load of shit for it!!

Well I for one think he is real star who will try his best by making us a hell of a stronger club..!!

Thank you Sir!!

McKay is a snake / chancer / tosser / manipulater (delete/ use as applicable) of the highest order.

In a way, I hope this 'experiment' fails miserably.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2011, 10:56:01 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=193258
Is there any need to start another thread on a subject that is already multiple pages long?

Yes cos I want to examine why he so unpopular .........He is just doing his job is he not?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2011, 10:57:19 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=193260

Thank you Sir!!

McKay is a snake / chancer / tosser / manipulater (delete/ use as applicable) of the highest order.

In a way, I hope this 'experiment' fails miserably.

Obviously not a rovers fan then ......

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2011, 10:59:37 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Muttley\" post=193259

Ok - fine if thats best you can come up with feel very sorry for you....Why dont you put together a nice well thought piece for once?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2011, 11:05:03 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193263

Ok - fine if thats best you can come up with feel very sorry for you....Why dont you put together a nice well thought piece for once?

Pot, Kettle? :facepalm:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2011, 11:05:05 am by Muttley »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193261

Yes cos I want to examine why he so unpopular .........He is just doing his job is he not?

Is being an agent a \"job\"?

In my eyes, he and others like him are parasites on the game of football and  are responsible (together with Murdoch) for the state the game is in today.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2011, 11:08:50 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Muttley\" post=193265
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193261

Is being an agent a \"job\"?

In my eyes, he and others like him are parasites on the game of football and  are responsible (together with Murdoch) for the state the game is in today.

Some interesting points .......so why dont you do it then?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2011, 11:09:47 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=193264

Pot, Kettle? :facepalm:

Whatever .....love you as well:woohoo:

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2011, 11:10:11 am by Thinwhiteduke »

Funny you mentioning McKays balls in the opening post - maybe you've seen 'em close up?

Set up a poll on Football supporters opinion of agents, and McKay in particular, and I think you'll find its far from favourable.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2010/06/premiership/meet-the-football-agent-1-willie-mckay

http://www.reallifenews.com/football/archive/clubs/wigan/petition-get-mckay-out-of-foot.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2037073/Charles-Sale-Willie-McKay-spotlight-Joey-Bartons-QPR-deal.html

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/topic/73299-agent-willie-mckay-joins-doncaster/

...Just a little light reading.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2011, 11:13:03 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=193268

Funny you mentioning McKays balls in the opening post - maybe you've seen 'em close up?

Set up a poll on Football supporters opinion of agents, and McKay in particular, and I think you'll find its far from favourable.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2010/06/premiership/meet-the-football-agent-1-willie-mckay

http://www.reallifenews.com/football/archive/clubs/wigan/petition-get-mckay-out-of-foot.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2037073/Charles-Sale-Willie-McKay-spotlight-Joey-Bartons-QPR-deal.html

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/topic/73299-agent-willie-mckay-joins-doncaster/

...Just a little light reading.

I have my own opinions thank you ......as in the first post ....why do you get up and do your job?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2011, 11:14:11 am by drfcsteve »
Norfolk you are obviously very naive, McKay is a notorious football agent who many people have attempted to have banned from the game. He is now effectively running the club for the next 2 years, and has stated that the reason he is doing this is to make money for himself. For some reason you and others seem to have got the complete wrong end of the stick and think he is JR Mrk 2 come down from heaven to help Rovers.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2011, 11:44:47 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=193271
Norfolk you are obviously very naive, McKay is a notorious football agent who many people have attempted to have banned from the game. He is now effectively running the club for the next 2 years, and has stated that the reason he is doing this is to make money for himself. For some reason you and others seem to have got the complete wrong end of the stick and think he is JR Mrk 2 come down from heaven to help Rovers.

No I am positive and see the win win ...have i stated that he is doing it all for club? Although apparently his sons play in the youth set up so maybe he not the dick you perceive ? After all he a muilti millionaire but hey lets just the negatives! Give a dog a bad name comes to mind!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2011, 11:47:45 am by RoversAlias »
I am so glad that the majority of the sensible people on this board, whilst I don't agree with them on McKay, aren't just blindly saying he's brilliant and preverbially kissing his arse before he's done a jot of good, bad, or anything for this club.

Keep it up Norfolk, I can just see you now sticking giant postersof McKay's face on your wall alongside ones of \"Deano\" and Mahmadou Diarra.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2011, 12:39:18 pm by timdrfc »

Thank you Sir!!

I second that !

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 22, 2011, 04:20:14 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193281

No I am positive and see the win win .

Ahem! Cough! Cough! More like...lose...lose...lose :facepalm:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 22, 2011, 05:19:42 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=193282
I am so glad that the majority of the sensible people on this board, whilst I don't agree with them on McKay, aren't just blindly saying he's brilliant and preverbially kissing his arse before he's done a jot of good, bad, or anything for this club.

Keep it up Norfolk, I can just see you now sticking giant postersof McKay's face on your wall alongside ones of \"Deano\" and Mahmadou Diarra.

I am by no means a Norfolk supporter goodness knows we have had our disagreements in the past but isnt it a bit hypocritical saying he is kissing McKays arse?

You did it with O'Driscoll for long enough, does that make you different then?

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 22, 2011, 08:39:09 pm by Boycie »
I hope i am wrong but I just cannot see this working. We will it seems, be nothing more than a feeder club for these French out of work players, who will come to Donny for £2k a week, be a roaring sucess and then move to the Premiership.
There will be little if no team spirit, the longer contracted players e.g Billy/ Copps must be on the hit list (£7k per week) what will this do for their morale.
I agree too many players are in the comfort zone and need a wake up call but I think this is the wrong way to do it.
I would like to have seen a manager come in and hopefully improve the current team and make some additions to the squad, maybe Dean will do this but I get the impression none of the signings will be down to him, he will be told who is coming.
Very worrying times, if it works great if it doesn't relegation is a certainty.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 22, 2011, 08:50:49 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Boycie\" post=193484
I hope i am wrong but I just cannot see this working. We will it seems, be nothing more than a feeder club for these French out of work players, who will come to Donny for £2k a week, be a roaring sucess and then move to the Premiership.
There will be little if no team spirit, the longer contracted players e.g Billy/ Copps must be on the hit list (£7k per week) what will this do for their morale.
I agree too many players are in the comfort zone and need a wake up call but I think this is the wrong way to do it.
I would like to have seen a manager come in and hopefully improve the current team and make some additions to the squad, maybe Dean will do this but I get the impression none of the signings will be down to him, he will be told who is coming.

dont try dont know

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 22, 2011, 10:11:16 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193485
Quote from: \"Boycie\" post=193484

dont try dont know

Comical really Norfolk.

You would rather the club risk the 13 year ressurrection for this club started by Ian McMahon and then follwed be John Ryan just to see how an unproven style of transfer policy works out?

Right lets just suppose that the budget is cut imediatley to £4 million a year, that is (say a 50 week year) £80000 a week, that means if every employee is paid an average of £2000 per week than that means a total of 40 employess. That includes coaches, players and players for a reserve team. Obviously this is just cutting the wage bill in half, before we get onto Mckay's genious plan.

So players with the same quality of Sharp or JET come in (best case scenario) they play really well, and then they go back to their clubs and are sold on to the likes of Birmingham City the year after, stability? No.

Dean Saunders has been in charge now for a month, and he has struggled to get the team to play his tactics, should we keep changing our squad every month (I doubt it would be 5 players for 3 months, then once they go 5 players for next three months, but more someone eveyr month) then Saunders is gonna struggle to get his team to gel before more come in and others leave, stability? No.

What happens if this all goes pear shaped and we get relegated, will the likes of Chimbonda or Diarra want to sign for a league one club? Where does that leave Mckay? Probably running to Elland Road or Brammal lane with Saunders realsing the puppet he is. Where does that leave our current squad or what remains? Moral destroyed, relegated and probably wanting out. Will these turn of events lead us to survive in league one? never mind going back up.

Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Thank you Sir!!

He is a football agent, you know those that started turning this game into the money making shambles it is today. Do you remember when our idols on the pitch was the lad from down road, or the local postman? These people destroyed this, and you thank him? Are you on crack or something?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2011, 11:26:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
McKay and the freak show aside, the bigger story here is that quite understandably our Board members have taken the decision to stop financing the yawning deficit we have each season. Cutting wage bill down to £4million I suspect will just about match our income. Living within our means is a good thing, but the McKay experiment may or may not be a solution to squeezing the greatest amount of talent out of that budget.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 23, 2011, 12:38:16 am by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193422
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=193282

I am by no means a Norfolk supporter goodness knows we have had our disagreements in the past but isnt it a bit hypocritical saying he is kissing McKays arse?

You did it with O'Driscoll for long enough, does that make you different then?

Oh come on now Wellred, I know you're far from an idiot and surely even you can see that Norfolk here is just blindly wading in accepting that McKay and his new regime will work wonders. It is naivety and I haven't seen you coming from that angle at all since all of this unfolded.

I have never blindly supported Sean O'Driscoll, Richard O'Kelly or anybody at this football club. There has to be substance and informed reason to get behind somebody and I feel I've always backed up my support of SOD when I felt compelled to give it, which admittedly was not 100% of his time in charge.

We have received absolutely no reason whatsoever so far to believe that McKay having this much influence will prove a good thing. He has rumoured shady dealings in the past, the way this whole thing has been conveyed is as if we will soon be met with an influx of faceless French reserve players that McKay thinks should play for us, coupled with three or four bigger names who want big money moves but need a boost from playing regularly for a team to obtain those moves, all under the rather odd notion from JR that it is the only way forward, as if clubs have never gotten out of the position were in right now through other methods.

I don't recall Scunthorpe doing this when they were struggling in the division two seasons ago, I don't remember us ourselves resorting to it in 2008/9 and we got out of that better than any of us imagined. And even if we did go down anyway...would it really be the end of the world? Peterborough and Scunthorpe to name two went down and came straight back up in recent seasons without bringing in agents, name freebies or copious amounts of foreign loanees.

If this new regime works, then fantastic, I will eat my words and will gladly take all the flack from this forum's members in the world. I'll do it happily because it'll mean that the Rovers are safe and out of trouble once more in the Championship, which is what we all want. If it doesn't, don't expect me to be surprised, and don't expect me to have any position on it all other than \"was doing that really neccessary? Look how far it got us.\"

I'm praying just like you that it's the former option that becomes reality.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012