Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:30:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Am I on the wrong forum?  (Read 1378 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Am I on the wrong forum?
« on October 22, 2011, 04:34:54 pm by Wellred »
It certainly seems like it with so many anti Doncaster Rovers posters on here.
Reading some of the childish comments from some of the people on here I thought the forum had changed to a kids comic.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: Am I on the wrong forum?
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 04:39:16 pm by tommy toes »
We could do with Roy Race at the moment. Sign 'im up McKay!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 04:42:05 pm by Wellred »
I am sure there would be plenty who would moan if we did.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 05:14:16 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193403
Reading some of the childish comments from some of the people on here I thought the forum had changed to a kids comic.

Ttally agree ....the haters of McKay already wanting the team to lose ......they should remember that think only 2 of the players so far he recruited and adds weight to our agrument that change is needed

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2011, 05:35:55 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193421

Ttally agree ....the haters of McKay already wanting the team to lose ......they should remember that think only 2 of the players so far he recruited and adds weight to our agrument that change is needed

Although I'm not totally sold on the Willie McKay argument, I have to say I find it hard to disagree. Carry on as we are and we're down anyway. Time for some new blood in the team.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2011, 06:15:33 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193421

.... they should remember also where we have come from - a Club which could have \"gone\" for good ... leaving a Town with no Team for them to moan about

However there was at that time a fan base and a groundswell of intent passionate enough to have formed a Club similar to AFC Wimbeldon and fought its way up through the League pyramid (we will never know) - and personally I think one would have been started - BUT it was never needed THANKFULLY ...

... and that is why I for one have been grateful for our success since then and every time we play a Season in The Championship I deem it further success even though others may moan gripe and groan about the way we do it

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2011, 09:19:57 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=193525

.... they should remember also where we have come from - a Club which could have \"gone\" for good ... leaving a Town with no Team for them to moan about

However there was at that time a fan base and a groundswell of intent passionate enough to have formed a Club similar to AFC Wimbeldon and fought its way up through the League pyramid (we will never know) - and personally I think one would have been started - BUT it was never needed THANKFULLY ...

... and that is why I for one have been grateful for our success since then and every time we play a Season in The Championship I deem it further success even though others may moan gripe and groan about the way we do it

And yet it's the old school fans, the ones who battled Richardson and stuck with it rather than melting away and doing nothing who are worried about the current situation.  We've seen \"promises\" made by characters of dubious reputation before and seen our club used for other gain.  I get the feeling that the only reason there isn't full on rebellion and revulsion by us cynics is that this is being backed by JR and that says more about our complete and utter faith in his judgement than anything else.

If it all works and we \"save\" our championship status then I'll be as relieved as everyone else.  If it all goes to shit and we end up with something worse than being relegated then I hope those of you who are being blinded by the shiny, shiny promises and abusing those who are wary of this can look at yourselves in the mirror.

p.s. Donnywolf, those plans for an \"AFC Doncaster\" were quite far along, although we would have missed the 98/99 season (the first one we fulfilled in the Conference) if the deal Westferry struck had falled through in the summer of 98 and that would have meant starting at the very bottom with Thorne Colliery, etc!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 23, 2011, 09:31:53 am by Jonathan »
I was young and naive at the time, but I remember shaking hands with Anton Johnson in the main stand and hailing him as the second coming in response to his promises.

We had a lucky escape then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012