Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:43:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is this similar ?  (Read 1624 times)

I-was-there1976

Is this similar ?
« on October 22, 2011, 05:58:46 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Blackburn Rovers

At Blackburn Rovers Anderson advised Venkateshwara Hatcheries on their takeover of the club in November 2010 and then continued to exert considerable influence.[9] After the Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce was sacked in December 2010, Blackburn were forced to deny that the dispute had been based on the club's transfer policy being set by the Kentaro sports agency, with whom Anderson's SEM were associated.[4] \"Kentaro are our main consultants but Sam had the final call,\" Venky's chairwoman Anuradha Desai said.[4]

The new manager at Blackburn was Steve Kean, who had been first-team coach under Allardyce. Kean was represented by Anderson[12], who also introduced Kean's new assistant, the former Arsenal player, John Jensen, to the club.[13] When John Williams left Blackburn Rovers in February 2011 after 14 years as chairman, Anuradha Desai explained that the departure was in part due to the fact that he had \"struggled to accept Jerome's role at the club\".[14] In March 2011, when it was announced that Anderson's 21-year-old footballer son, Myles, had signed a precontract agreement with Blackburn, sources close to the agent insisted he had no day-to-day involvement at the club.[15]

The Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was highly critical of Anderson's involvement at Blackburn Rovers, saying: \"You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson, he couldn’t pick his nose. It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves.”[

pinched from Wiki. Thats the reason for the numbers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
Re: Is this similar ?
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 06:00:35 pm by scuzzer »
They're also bottom of their league!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 06:07:37 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"scuzzer\" post=193438

Unlike us who have improved their position since the new manager took over.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 06:16:43 pm by timdrfc »

were second bottom , but we were bottom when DS took over the reins , since then we have won 2 & drawn 1  which is six points more than we had got in 7 matches before this season !

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2011, 06:42:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193442

Of course , we're just cruising along aren't we ? What we've done is put all our regulars virtually on notice and then wonder why they are playing so poorly. We've advertised the fact that the payroll is to be halved to just £4 million, just what does that say to our better players ?

Now the glorious new manager has clearly stated that he needs to get some 'men' in now tell me what that would say to you as an employee wellred ?

Btw I also believed that the time was up for SO'D a great manager who was working under ridiculous restraints financially and he would have none of this 'outsider' influence....he wanted like any other good manager to choose his players to fit his gameplan. There is a massive conflict of interest here and I'm not sure that it will work but he-ho we will see eh ?
I'm well aware of SO'D's record but is this the way forward, have Peterborough for instance chosen this sort of route.........NO and they have far smaller crowds and financial clout. I leave you to peruse the current league table and then tell me there were no other viable alternatives to the path we are now about to tread. a path that could be similar to that taken in a maze in that we could be back to where we started 3 months down the line.
Quite simply no fan should buy into this completely imo until we see the way it unravels. In my experience 'blindfolded' supporters can sit there watching their clubs walking over the precipice.......you know we've been there before!
Please keep an open mind everyone.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2011, 06:53:38 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=193451

Of course , we're just cruising along aren't we ? What we've done is put all our regulars virtually on notice and then wonder why they are playing so poorly. We've advertised the fact that the payroll is to be halved to just £4 million, just what does that say to our better players ?

Now the glorious new manager has clearly stated that he needs to get some 'men' in now tell me what that would say to you as an employee wellred ?

Btw I also believed that the time was up for SO'D a great manager who was working under ridiculous restraints financially and he would have none of this 'outsider' influence....he wanted like any other good manager to choose his players to fit his gameplan. There is a massive conflict of interest here and I'm not sure that it will work but he-ho we will see eh ?
I'm well aware of SO'D's record but is this the way forward, have Peterborough for instance chosen this sort of route.........NO and they have far smaller crowds and financial clout. I leave you to peruse the current league table and then tell me there were no other viable alternatives to the path we are now about to tread. a path that could be similar to that taken in a maze in that we could be back to where we started 3 months down the line.
Quite simply no fan should buy into this completely imo until we see the way it unravels. In my experience 'blindfolded' supporters can sit there watching their clubs walking over the precipice.......you know we've been there before!

I don't disagree with you Hoola and yes the jury is still out in my opinion.

What really pees me off however are certain posters on here have already hung drawn and quartered the manager without giving him a chance and are the same people who say John Ryan is god one minute and then in the next breath decrying what he is doing with McKay.

My reading of the McKay situation is that he will bring players in but only with Dean Saunders approval I might be wrong but that is my understanding of the situation.

The alternative seemed to be that the directors were not prepared to continue to lose so much money a year and something had to change.

Donnydid

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2011, 07:01:06 pm by Donnydid »
If its true that Willie McKay has a 2 year contract to bring in players and is also the Agent for Dean, is he going to have some influence to who will be playing in the team?
If he is looking to bring in players for short term contracts and then \"sell\" them on to bigger and better clubs and make a nice little profit he will be wanting them to be playing regularly. It makes you wonder who will be picking the team, I have this nightmare coming back to me how Sammy Chung and Kerry Dixon were Managers but a certain Ken Richardshit was picking the team!
God! I do hope I am wrong!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2011, 07:43:16 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193457

What really pees me off however are certain posters on here have already hung drawn and quartered the manager without giving him a chance and are the same people who say John Ryan is god one minute and then in the next breath decrying what he is doing with McKay.

My reading of the McKay situation is that he will bring players in but only with Dean Saunders approval I might be wrong but that is my understanding of the situation.

The alternative seemed to be that the directors were not prepared to continue to lose so much money a year and something had to change.

I agree with both of you in that we need to keep an open mind. Something has to be done and if the Board don't have money to spend then we may as well give this \"scheme\" a go.

Having said that, I'd have kept faith with O'Driscoll and given him more backing in the close season.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2011, 07:49:51 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=193470

I agree with both of you in that we need to keep an open mind. Something has to be done and if the Board don't have money to spend then we may as well give this \"scheme\" a go.

Having said that, I'd have kept faith with O'Driscoll and given him more backing in the close season.

SOD had come to the end of his time.It was he who called the meeting with JR to tell him his problems.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2011, 08:27:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193471
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=193470

SOD had come to the end of his time.It was he who called the meeting with JR to tell him his problems.

That bit fortunately or unfortunately sums it up. And no doubt any chairman ceo or whatever would have come to the same conclusion, \"if you can't work under the constraints we have had to put in place, we will have to  find a way that that will fit in.

Whether we agree or not I've got faith in JR to know what he's doing, it appears to be a 2 year plan initially, year 1 keep us in the championship, year 2 try to look at promotion.
At the end what have we got to lose, on paper as such it seems to be  a bloody sensible way of moving forward, given the crowd base etc, in practice well.......wait and see and for christs sake give the manager and the buisness plan a chance!

Unless of course all 10,000 of us joined the VSC :chair:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2011, 08:34:52 pm by hoolahoop »

Don't get me wrong Wellred , I'm not 'panning' DS he's only been in the hot seat for 6 games . No one can say that this is sufficient time to put everything he wants into place and those suggesting he's the wrong man for the job is just being childish imo.

Let the man settle in, see how the team performs and affects our players ; we should not be impatient this far in . I agree he/they have taken 7 points from 6 games and that's a damn sight better than the games before it.

This is our club, our players and our manager and they deserve the support of ALL of us during this period of change. :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012