Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:13:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hype without substance  (Read 1305 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Hype without substance
« on October 22, 2011, 06:53:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Does it matter whoever the manager is? The team is not good enough, we have replaced the fullbacks, they were never the problem. Goalkeeping, centre halves and now midfield they are not good enough for this league. If JR and Willie want to put their plan into action then we must act quickly otherwise by the January transfer window we will be relegated. We are now conceeding 1.66 goals a gain. The players have to take the blame. But if we tell them that they will feel upset. Get over it your team are going to be relegated. We cannot out score teams in this division we never could, so let's defend better and we may get some1     0 wins. Sorry some on here feel it is negative but let's all be realistic please. Substance above Hype is now, so to Willy and JR get into action, newspaper talk and radio interviews do not win games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Hype without substance
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 07:04:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=193456
Does it matter whoever the manager is? The team is not good enough, we have replaced the fullbacks, they were never the problem. Goalkeeping, centre halves and now midfield they are not good enough for this league. If JR and Willie want to put their plan into action then we must act quickly otherwise by the January transfer window we will be relegated. We are now conceeding 1.66 goals a gain. The players have to take the blame. But if we tell them that they will feel upset. Get over it your team are going to be relegated. We cannot out score teams in this division we never could, so let's defend better and we may get some1     0 wins. Sorry some on here feel it is negative but let's all be realistic please. Substance above Hype is now, so to Willy and JR get into action, newspaper talk and radio interviews do not win games.

We shouldn't fall into the trap of writing off a manager after a handful of games - there were plenty who did that with SOD and he proved to be one of the greatest in the long and less than illustrious history of Doncaster Rovers. The truth though is that today was absolutely abject. Aside from a 10 minute spell half way through the first half we were absolutely crap.

The McKay episode can wait for another day but the one thing that whoever is manager needs to do is SORT OUT THE DEFENCE. I don't know whether the solution is organisation or new personnel but we are (and have been for some time) total pushovers. At least if we keep something approaching a clean sheet we can hope to at least get a draw, but we have an abysmal defensive record. It cannot give the rest of the team confidence if they know that whatever good work they are doing will be undone by the punch and judy show at the back. Yes, yes the whole team needs to defend I know, but we need two bullies playing centre back who give nothing away. We had that in Mills and in Shackell but not since. Thugs, bullies, very bad men indeed, that is what we need now.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 08:26:12 pm by Scooter »
Thugs, bullies, very bad men indeed, that is what we need now.[/quote]

We could do with chris morgan and ben thatcher - not skillful but vicious bas**rds!

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 09:22:31 pm by stokerover »
Defending starts from the strikers. The DEFENSE is good enough, the DEFENDING isn't

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2011, 06:03:59 am by Donnywolf »
A very good point

I collected Ground 106 yesterday and it was MK Dons Limited who I dislike v The SKitsons who I wanted to lose

However the latter should have won and defended very well indeed exactly as you outlined - especially Dagnall (who I thought was just a fat little git) who chased and hassled till he could go no more. Shades of Hayter

It was effective aided and abeted by a midfield who were a very strong unit. Oliver Norwood was outstanding - on loan from MU - he is a division too low sign him up

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2011, 06:56:45 am by steve@dcfd »
Chris I am not writing off the manager, whether it's Dean or Sean they do not play the 90mins. The players should be able to defend as a team. They cannot. So it's up to JR and Willie to get the players now if the new direction is going to work and allow Dean to work with the new incumbents. The point is stop talking JR and Willie and get into action, this direction may not suit all supporters but if it can stop the team being relegated then let's get on with it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012