Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:37:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The half-time team talk  (Read 1520 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
The half-time team talk
« on October 22, 2011, 07:32:48 pm by wilts rover »
I will let somebody better qualified than me give you a proper match report - but you dont want to read it anyway but in summary, the first 10-15 minutes were a shambles, the next 30 were as good as I have seen us play for a long time, the second half was as bad as Leeds. What happened at half-time to turn a team who were bossing the game, knocking it around for fun, into one that didnt have a meaningful shot?

Nobody comes out of that with credit, neither team or manager, Gillett was our best player thats how bad we were. If you are not going to be more skilled than the opposition - at least put the same amount of effort in.

Did anyone else see Sharp fighting with Lawrence in the second half. Play was at our end but they were having a real go at each other. Ref must have caught something of it hence giving them both a booking - but both could have easily been sent off.

Another poor day at the office, dont know if the players have been unsettled by this talk of short term loans, but whoever they arem they can't come in soon enough - all 11 please.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: The half-time team talk
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 07:35:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
We certainly played a lot better in latter part of first half but it perhaps looked good given the backdrop of dog shit it was sandwiched between.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 07:54:14 pm by wilts rover »
what I should also have said is that we made another poor team look good today, they were no better than us, but they were more enthusiastic, energetic and hard working - I can accept lack of skill, but not lack of effort

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 08:10:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Absolutely spot on WR.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2011, 09:21:09 pm by hoolahoop »
Lack of effort is unacceptable imo too and there appears to have been far too much of that of late.
DS get it sorted now or you won't have a 'shop window' to use soon oh and I don't mean by threatening the jobs of all and sundry...........use guile NOT bile.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2011, 10:32:51 am by goalkick »
unfortunately most teams seem to put more effort than us.only one or two exceptions in our squad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012