Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:25:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martin Woods  (Read 1615 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Martin Woods
« on October 22, 2011, 09:41:34 pm by Dare to dream! »
Always been a fan on woods his set pieces arent the best but i think he does a lot more running of the ball and challenging than the likes of Oster and thats wat we need to roll our sleeves up and do the dirty work better than what we are doing now hopefully he can come in after his very long layoff and make up for lost time :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Martin Woods
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2011, 09:55:08 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=193495
Always been a fan on woods his set pieces arent the best but i think he does a lot more running of the ball and challenging than the likes of Oster and thats wat we need to roll our sleeves up and do the dirty work better than what we are doing now hopefully he can come in after his very long layoff and make up for lost time :scarf:

Definately get him in if fit enough very good player

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2011, 10:02:43 pm by hoolahoop »
I would go along with that too......hurry up Woodsie.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2011, 10:36:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Just don't let him take set pieces. Dreadful delivery. Other than that a good strong player.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2011, 11:18:09 pm by bedale rover »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=193510
Just don't let him take set pieces. Dreadful delivery. Other than that a good strong player.

and a satanist :chair: ie keggie footed :coat:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2011, 12:27:12 am by RoversAlias »
Woods is so frustrating at times but the way he closes down, wins the ball and runs about the field sometimes to great effect in the final third is so sorely missed by us at the minute.

I really hope he can regain fitness and come back to the side some day soon because it'd be like having a new signing with the amount of time he's been missing.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2011, 08:33:36 am by Mr1Croft »
I'm slightly worried at the moment by this, yes we miss woods; but he is in no way going to come back into the squad immediatley and we will start winnig games, it just doesn't happen that easy.

Yes he is a good player and yes we are missing some of his techniques, but I really can't see him coming in and working wonders for the club. His morale will be crushed like everyone elses with the recent form and the shining publicity Mckay has directed our way, with him injured for so long will he be in Saunders plans for the first team? Or the first of a few in his transfer policy?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 23, 2011, 08:37:38 am by Dare to dream! »
but he can set an example, theplayers obvioulsy have respect for him because i can rember him being captain a few times, hopefuly the players will follow his example, woods cant win us the game but more players doing the same could help us

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 23, 2011, 10:23:27 am by RoversAlias »
People aren't saying he is going to single handedly save our season though Croft. I for one notice a marked difference in how all of our midfield plays when Woods is in it, and I've found myself saying numerous times in the past year that certain players at times \"could do with having Woods alongside them\" because the personnel around you does make a difference to how you play.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012