Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:31:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Two players  (Read 12302 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Two players
« on January 02, 2024, 10:22:42 am by Barmby Rover »
In on Wednesday according to GM in his post match, it will be interesting to see who, and why they have been signed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Two players
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2024, 10:26:14 am by keith79 »
It's alright getting players in but we need some to leave. We must have the biggest squad in the league.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2024, 10:34:17 am by Dutch Uncle »
I think it highly likely Roberts' loan will be ended, and possibly Marsh as well?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 02, 2024, 10:34:27 am by Jonathan »
I think it’s been well documented who the two are.

CaptainStock

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 02, 2024, 10:59:31 am by CaptainStock »
I only know of the one from Bolton, who's the other?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2024, 11:14:34 am by DonnyOsmond »
I only know of the one from Bolton, who's the other?

McGrath from St Pat's.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 02, 2024, 11:18:57 am by graingrover »
The other is the one who has been in the Rumours Mill for weeks but you probably need to subscribe to the Vikings Supporters Club as I have to get that level of access to information. It is another way to support the club and to recognize the value of this forum.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2024, 11:33:48 am by KingKendrick »
The other is the one who has been in the Rumours Mill for weeks but you probably need to subscribe to the Vikings Supporters Club as I have to get that level of access to information. It is another way to support the club and to recognize the value of this forum.

No you don’t it’s been all over X (Twitter) the past week

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 02, 2024, 12:15:54 pm by StocksArmy »
McGrath looks a unit for 20yrs old.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 02, 2024, 12:18:17 pm by Nudga »
So we sign the Magna Carty on Wednesday then.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2024, 01:13:03 pm by Dutch Uncle »
So we sign the Magna Carty on Wednesday then.

Probably about lunchtime, about quarter past twelve  :blush: :lol:

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2024, 01:25:19 pm by Leedsrover »
 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 02, 2024, 02:23:48 pm by GazLaz »
Signing development players is all well and good but we already have a huge squad and need players to improve us here and now. 

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 02, 2024, 03:04:10 pm by StocksArmy »
Signing development players is all well and good but we already have a huge squad and need players to improve us here and now. 

Players at the age of 20 onwards for me need to be good enough to step into a League 2 first team and not look out of place. Obviously they are still learning on the job but, they need to be showing enough ability and physicality that the league demands. Having already played in mens football at 20 in my opinion would be good recruitment. Barely kicking a ball out on loan or looking the part for a few years in the youth team is not what we need.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2024, 03:16:26 pm by GazLaz »

Players at the age of 20 onwards for me need to be good enough to step into a League 2 first team and not look out of place. Obviously they are still learning on the job but, they need to be showing enough ability and physicality that the league demands. Having already played in mens football at 20 in my opinion would be good recruitment. Barely kicking a ball out on loan or looking the part for a few years in the youth team is not what we need.

The amount of 20 year olds that contribute above league average performances consistently in L2 (any division for that matter) is very very minimal. I did some research on it a couple of years ago (that I think I shared with the club!?).

Players of that age need carefully managing in relation to the minutes they get and can’t be brought in with an expectation of starting every week and being dependable. It’s probably not going to happen.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 02, 2024, 03:42:50 pm by ncRover »
Charlie Lakin in as a Crawford type player in midfield? Left footed so could slot in in the place of Rowe as a useful squad player but his legs would be very useful in this press.

6 months left at Burton.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2024, 03:55:03 pm by StocksArmy »

The amount of 20 year olds that contribute above league average performances consistently in L2 (any division for that matter) is very very minimal. I did some research on it a couple of years ago (that I think I shared with the club!?).

Players of that age need carefully managing in relation to the minutes they get and can’t be brought in with an expectation of starting every week and being dependable. It’s probably not going to happen.

I just look at the players we have had in the past who people were excited about and they never made it. I look at what we have now and many wont agree but, im not confident Faulkner, Goodman Kuleya are good enough to make a career in the football league. Faulkner has a chance but there is a reason he has not played as much football as some fans think he should and my personal opinion is that a lot of our supporters want him in because hes a local lad, hes fully committed and people infront of him have not been performing. Again my opinion is he is not that good and bringing him into the team on previous form only puts him in the firing line for the fans to rip him a new one as his weakness's would be found out even more rather than improve the teams results/ performances.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 04:35:39 pm by StocksArmy »

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 02, 2024, 03:56:00 pm by Leedsrover »
Played in our 3 nil win yesterday

Sam Straughan Brown Age 17
Tavolga Kuleya Age 19
Tom Nixon Age 21
Kyle Hurst Age 21
Mo Faal Age 20
Jack Goodman Age 18

Subs not used
Bobby Faulkener Age 19
Ben Bottomley Age 21

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2024, 03:57:51 pm by Alan Southstand »
The 2 players rumoured are attack and central defence. I hope the MoJo partnership will still be together, come end of season, but if it does terminate this month, we need to attackers signing if GM wants 3 in the squad.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2024, 04:30:45 pm by ravenrover »
 :boxing:

I just look at the players we have had in the past who people were excited about and they never made it. I look at what we have now and many wont agree but, im not confident Faulkner, Goodman Kuleya are good enough to make a career in the football league. Faulkner has a chance but there is a reason he has not played as much football as some fans think he should and my personal opinion is that a lot of our supporters want him in because hes a local lad, hes fully committed and people infront of him have not been performing. Again my opinion is he is not that good and bringing him into the team on previous form only puts him in the firing line for the fans to rip him a new one as his weakness's would be found out even more rather than improve the teams resulsts/ performances.
Watch out for incoming :boxing:

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 02, 2024, 04:40:48 pm by StocksArmy »
:boxing:

I just look at the players we have had in the past who people were excited about and they never made it. I look at what we have now and many wont agree but, im not confident Faulkner, Goodman Kuleya are good enough to make a career in the football league. Faulkner has a chance but there is a reason he has not played as much football as some fans think he should and my personal opinion is that a lot of our supporters want him in because hes a local lad, hes fully committed and people infront of him have not been performing. Again my opinion is he is not that good and bringing him into the team on previous form only puts him in the firing line for the fans to rip him a new one as his weakness's would be found out even more rather than improve the teams resulsts/ performances.
Watch out for incoming :boxing:

I am well aware. Time will tell if they are good enough. I hope I am wrong.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 02, 2024, 04:51:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s official - Robert’s loan ended.

Next…….

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 02, 2024, 04:57:36 pm by GazLaz »
The 2 players rumoured are attack and central defence. I hope the MoJo partnership will still be together, come end of season, but if it does terminate this month, we need to attackers signing if GM wants 3 in the squad.

We will sign a centre mid I’m sure.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 02, 2024, 05:10:33 pm by selby »
  Add Flint to that list 17 yrs old

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 02, 2024, 05:41:14 pm by ncRover »

We will sign a centre mid I’m sure.

Check rumour mill. I think it’s an Alan Nixon one.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 02, 2024, 05:54:56 pm by Lesonthewest »
Charlie Lakin in as a Crawford type player in midfield? Left footed so could slot in in the place of Rowe as a useful squad player but his legs would be very useful in this press.

6 months left at Burton.

Liked him when he was here, got about the pitch well, bags of energy & linked up well with Close. A midfield 3 of him, Close & Westbrooke would be good in my opinion.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 02, 2024, 10:36:37 pm by Pancho Regan »

This is the question which keeps coming back to me.
Why don’t the Club ever take your advice?!

I guess it will remain a mystery.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 02, 2024, 10:44:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No you don’t it’s been all over X (Twitter) the past week

Not everybody wants to or needs to use Twitter.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 02, 2024, 11:07:28 pm by GazLaz »

It’s football init. Everyone thinks THEY know best. Remember meeting, then speaking to Younger the recruitment man quote a lot. Some of the players I put up to him in that short period were quality. Not expensive players, low key, under valued lads that data models worth millions had thrown up. Didn’t want to listen really. Had an excuse not to go after any. Joe Sbarra on a free was one. Jake Young was one I passed on to Copps when he left FGR on a free. Best footballer I saw in L2 that season before FGR released him, don’t think our staff had even heard of him. Scored a million already this season. Honestly our recruitment is miles off it.

I tell you what will happen this January. We will sign a centre half on loan that’s not as good as Faulkner, limiting his development, when he should be getting plenty of minutes between now and May. He’s got the potential to be really good as we know. Probably end up on loan at Gainsborough when he should be playing league football.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 03, 2024, 07:07:24 am by Rovers91 »

It’s football init. Everyone thinks THEY know best. Remember meeting, then speaking to Younger the recruitment man quote a lot. Some of the players I put up to him in that short period were quality. Not expensive players, low key, under valued lads that data models worth millions had thrown up. Didn’t want to listen really. Had an excuse not to go after any. Joe Sbarra on a free was one. Jake Young was one I passed on to Copps when he left FGR on a free. Best footballer I saw in L2 that season before FGR released him, don’t think our staff had even heard of him. Scored a million already this season. Honestly our recruitment is miles off it.

I tell you what will happen this January. We will sign a centre half on loan that’s not as good as Faulkner, limiting his development, when he should be getting plenty of minutes between now and May. He’s got the potential to be really good as we know. Probably end up on loan at Gainsborough when he should be playing league football.

I've heard a name that we are meant to be signing on loan and he is a young lad centre half, hopefully he is for cover and doesn't push Faulkner further back.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012