Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:33:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 3077 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
This Forum
« on July 14, 2014, 06:15:38 am by watto-drfc »
the new season is fast approaching and i think it's time we got behind the Directors Management and the Players that we have. Lets get past the 18th July and see where and what we have. It just seems every thread turns into 'a lets slag someone off' it's time to get behind the team we all love.

I think most of the people on here expected JR & LT to sign lots of players on day 1 we all need to have just a little patience.

So roll on August 9th and lets get behind the lads.

IT COULD BE WORSE......JUST LOOK AT THEM LOT AT ELLAND ROAD HAHAHA
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:50:12 am by watto-drfc »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: This Forum
« Reply #1 on July 14, 2014, 07:08:37 am by jonnydog »
Agree, I have it on good authority that no rovers fan will be disappointed come the first game of the season with regards to team we'll have.

Not long to wait now :thumbsup:

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 14, 2014, 07:19:19 am by watto-drfc »
lets have a nice chilled week and see what happens friday. Happy days

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 14, 2014, 10:23:02 am by RedJ »
Right, now that's out of the way...

Let's slag someone off.  :evil:  :coat:

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 14, 2014, 10:30:32 am by Yargo »

No i won't do that,ive just got a message though from someone on Facebook and we wont be signing anyone for a few days so leave me alone cos ive done nowt in life,eff me i don't even know who the two sycophants are!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 14, 2014, 10:33:20 am by wing commander »
  The sentiment to that is a strong one and I understand the logic and half of me agrees....However I'm also worried about who else is going to come in to this club...ie Sequentia Capitol and don't want to give the club the impression we are happy with that...Also a lot of the people now crying for us to get behind the club are the same ones who didn't seem it necessary when tb was in charge....But I've made a effort in the past week to not be so prevalent with my opinions...but they haven't changed.!!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 14, 2014, 10:47:04 am by bpoolrover »
Think it works both ways the ones that were saying get behind tb as he will do what's best for the club are now not getting behing jr and lt

Dixon_96

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 14, 2014, 08:00:10 pm by Dixon_96 »
Have faith in Louis and JR guys

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 14, 2014, 08:55:57 pm by silent majority »
Have faith in Louis and JR guys

Blind faith?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 14, 2014, 09:41:07 pm by bpoolrover »
The same faith that was given tb and dw until proven otherwise

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 14, 2014, 09:46:30 pm by silent majority »
The same faith that was given tb and dw until proven otherwise

There's no comparison, but I'd be interested in knowing how you reach that conclusion.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 14, 2014, 09:50:12 pm by MachoMadness »

Ooh, can I start with an old school one? RedJ, your mum is so fat that when she fell down the stairs on the other side of Donny I thought Eastenders had just finished.

Anyway, 4 days until we start to get a picture of what things can be like. Until then, I think people are right to be a little cautious, we're in very unknown waters with a celebrity taking us over.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 14, 2014, 10:02:54 pm by bpoolrover »
Ok you must no something it don't as to why we should not trust jr and lt,you do a lot for fans sm that I am grateful for but you post as if I should no that there going to fail? I can't think of a reason not to trust jr he turned this club around long before tb came along so that is my reason to have faith

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 14, 2014, 10:12:03 pm by silent majority »
No bpoolrover, you misunderstand. I didn't say they would fail, nor that we shouldn't put faith in them, what I questioned was the point about blind faith. If somebody explains to me what their plan is, and it seems reasonable and logical then that's fine. But to explain nothing, and then expect football supporters to blindly follow is not my way.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 14, 2014, 10:20:47 pm by bpoolrover »
During my life I have always had faith in people and it has not failed me yet,jr has done nothing but good for the club so far,people blame him for the experiment but what other option was there we were going down anyway,so to me until he lets the club down he can have blind faith

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 14, 2014, 10:26:05 pm by MachoMadness »
During my life I have always had faith in people and it has not failed me yet,jr has done nothing but good for the club so far,people blame him for the experiment but what other option was there we were going down anyway,so to me until he lets the club down he can have blind faith

I'd argue you can still have faith in someone while asking questions of them on an ultimately meaningless anonymous internet forum.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 14, 2014, 10:31:52 pm by StocktonRover »

Blackpool, do you not feel that he has tarnished that glowing reputation he previously had by the lies he told in the SC farce and the way he turned fan against fan in the same farce (ie Barnsley and on the forum with his confessed stooges).
I can forgive him the experiment as it was innovative and could have worked.

For me he has lost that right for blind faith but he has got the opportunity to try and mend that damage he has done to his integrity - the thing is will he take that opportunity or will he rely on his ego and that blind faith that less and less people now have in him?

I sincerely hope its the first option but really don't feel feel confident that it will be.

Never in nearly 40 years of following Rovers the length and breadth of the country have I felt so disillusioned and have so little excitement or passion for the coming season. I have already bought my ST but had this take over panned out earlier, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Here's hoping that my worst fears are not realised and that we get something to restore our faith.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 14, 2014, 10:43:54 pm by wilts rover »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAHsiTHWfQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAHsiTHWfQ</a>

Blind Faith, yeah, it's like groovy man.....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 14, 2014, 11:04:57 pm by wing commander »
Great post that Stockton...I think a lot of people feel that way at the minute...

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 14, 2014, 11:47:08 pm by bpoolrover »
Good post sm,Barnsley I disagree with as the players on twitter all said they new nothing till after the game so it made no difference. With the take over yes he did let himself down with lies but u tell me 1 business man that does not lie,I still think he had the best interests of the club at heart thou

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 14, 2014, 11:57:27 pm by AlonzoDrake »
Good post sm,Barnsley I disagree with as the players on twitter all said they new nothing till after the game so it made no difference. With the take over yes he did let himself down with lies but u tell me 1 business man that does not lie,I still think he had the best interests of the club at heart thou

You don't always dump your cookies madraggy. Instead of playing on here, go and play on the A1(M)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 15, 2014, 06:29:24 pm by graingrover »
. I think it would be wise  give the club's new management the benefit of doubt .. which is not blind faith . Our Co operative needs to forge a good relationship with the new owners since it is an important bridge for two way communications . For our elected officers to continue to do a good job that bridge must not be compromised by personality clashes that detract from the purpose the VSC has as one of the two  main fan representations at our club.   

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 15, 2014, 06:47:45 pm by leedshayter »
We're ALL ROVERS ARNT WE RTID!!!! :scarf:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 15, 2014, 11:54:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
During my life I have always had faith in people and it has not failed me yet.
We should do one of those Oxford debating gigs with supporting or not supporting the above statement Blackpool! Though if you are simply claiming that you've not had one incidence of having faith in someone that has resulted in that person not coming up with the goods they claimed they would do, you're nothing but blessed or blind, and I have faith it's the former ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012