Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:43:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Phil Brown sacked. oh no!  (Read 4615 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Phil Brown sacked. oh no!
« on March 15, 2010, 11:05:46 am by Boomstick »
bye bye SOD.  :unsure:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Phil Brown sacked. oh no!
« Reply #1 on March 15, 2010, 11:07:22 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He won't go there, they'll go for a 'big name', who will fail and take them down.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 15, 2010, 11:07:35 am by grayx »
Shit

hooped crusader

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2010, 11:23:24 am by hooped crusader »
On skybet SOD is not listed. I don't think he is regarded as a quick fix solution which is needed in Hulls case.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2010, 11:40:16 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Shows the farcical nature of football these days.

Has he been sacked based on the display v Arsenal, remember Arsenal won in the last minute of injury time due to a Hull Goalkeeping error, and Hull were down to 10 men! I though they played really well v Arsenal.

If he hasnt been sacked for that result, then why now?

Im guessing they have someone lined up already - Gareth Southgate anyone??

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2010, 11:40:35 am by The L J Monk »
Pearson said a few weeks ago that survival is potentially worth £100m to Hull, so I doubt he'd take a chance on a manager unproven at that level. Coppell or Curbishley have both had mixed fortunes in the Premier League but I'd expect one of those two to take the job.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 15, 2010, 11:53:39 am by jonrover »
My money would be on Mark Hughes. Probably the best out of who's available. I doubt Curbishley will be interested in coming this far North and a relegation dogfight won't be Coppells cup of tea.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 15, 2010, 12:24:31 pm by Superspy »
believe it or not there is actually a rumour they are going to make a move for warnock, rofl

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 15, 2010, 01:04:17 pm by bedale rover »
dont rule out paul jewell

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2010, 02:26:13 pm by The Dav »
Just been talking to a good mate of mine and he says that the rumour before their last game was Brown out,  Curbs in ! Well that's 50% of the rumour that's now become fact.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2010, 02:38:56 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Superspy wrote:
believe it or not there is actually a rumour they are going to make a move for warnock, rofl

There is also the rumour that if Sheff Utd lose v us next saturday, Blackwell gets the boot and Phil Brown is instigated as Manager at Brammall Lane.  :ohmy:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2010, 02:51:44 pm by River Don »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Superspy wrote:

There is also the rumour that if Sheff Utd lose v us next saturday, Blackwell gets the boot and Phil Brown is instigated as Manager at Brammall Lane.  :ohmy:

Blimey, I'd be more than happy if that came to pass.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 15, 2010, 02:58:30 pm by Branton Rover »
Hope not if Blackwell gets the boot Billy will go back to Blades to resurrect his United career.  Best scenario is we beat Blades on Saturday then Blades pick up & go on a decent run they keep Blackwell, Wolves stay in the Prem McCarthy keeps his job & Sean remains here

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 15, 2010, 02:59:16 pm by rover-n-out »
It's my opinion that Blackwell will be sacked at the end of this season and the Blades will go for SOD.
They know what he is capable of doing, and I fear he will go to Brammall Lane taking Sharp, Stock, O'Connor (maybe even Hayter) and Copps with him. :(  :(

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 15, 2010, 04:46:10 pm by bedale rover »
rover-n-out wrote:
It's my opinion that Blackwell will be sacked at the end of this season and the Blades will go for SOD.
They know what he is capable of doing, and I fear he will go to Brammall Lane taking Sharp, Stock, O'Connor (maybe even Hayter) and Copps with him. :(  :(

talk about an half empty glass  i bet you dont even own one!!!! :P

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 15, 2010, 04:51:30 pm by rover-n-out »
Is there something wrong with my above post Bedale? I'm just relating what I think will happen for next season.
Half full, half empty glasses ain't got nowt to do with it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 15, 2010, 04:56:28 pm by River Don »
Branton Rover wrote:
Hope not if Blackwell gets the boot Billy will go back to Blades to resurrect his United career.  Best scenario is we beat Blades on Saturday then Blades pick up & go on a decent run they keep Blackwell, Wolves stay in the Prem McCarthy keeps his job & Sean remains here

TBH the only possible way I can see us keeping Billy Sharp is if we get promoted and we can afford to buy him.

I see no prospect of Blackwell getting the Blades to the play-offs this season they're just not good enough The probability is Sheffield United will have a new manager in place by the summer and who ever that is I'll be amazed, given his record this season if they don't want to bring Billy Sharp back to Bramall Lane.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 15, 2010, 04:56:29 pm by River Don »
Ooops. Double post.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 15, 2010, 05:13:00 pm by scuzzer »
River Don wrote:

TBH the only possible way I can see us keeping Billy Sharp is if we get promoted and we can afford to buy him.

I see no prospect of Blackwell getting the Blades to the play-offs this season they're just not good enough The probability is Sheffield United will have a new manager in place by the summer and who ever that is I'll be amazed, given his record this season if they don't want to bring Billy Sharp back to Bramall Lane.

I was saying just the same about our chances of getting Sharp in the summer at the weekend. We've no way of paying the same amount of dough as one of the bigger Championship clubs in wages without blowing the clubs finances apart and there's surely no way that one of them won't take a punt on him.

I still reckon he'll be back at the Lane next year under and new manager and just hope that new manager is not SoD.

I'd love to be wrong, but should it happen will be forever grateful of BS's great service for his short but memorable time with us.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 15, 2010, 05:33:17 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
rover-n-out wrote:

Speculation is one thing.

However explain to me why SOD would take a sideways/ backward move considering Sheff Utd will still be a Championship side next season?

Explain to me also, how they will afford what we want in compensation, considering Burnley wouldnt meet it and Sheff Utd are massively in debt?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 15, 2010, 06:24:20 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Adam Pearson has just stated on Radio Humberside that their new Manager will be in place by this Thursday morning.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 15, 2010, 06:36:39 pm by wilts rover »
rover-n-out wrote:

I'd do that deal for £20m or £22m if they want ROK as well, plus Morgan, Montgomery and whichever striker out of, Camara, Creswell, Henderson, Ward or Evans they are going to move out to make way for Billy - they can't all play!

No way would United give him time to implement his style of play, his teams always start slowly and he would be sacked by the end of November.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 15, 2010, 09:19:19 pm by BobG »
And then re-appoint SOD at the Keepmoat eh Wilts?! Cracking bit of business. Sully and Willo as joint caretaker managers until November then SOD & ROK come back home to spend that luvverly £22 million! Bingo! Champions by April.

BobG

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 15, 2010, 10:11:28 pm by rover-n-out »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:-

Speculation is one thing.

However explain to me why SOD would take a sideways/ backward move considering Sheff Utd will still be a Championship side next season?

Explain to me also, how they will afford what we want in compensation, considering Burnley wouldnt meet it and Sheff Utd are massively in debt?

Thinwhiteduke.....
I can't explain to you how the Blades will tackle compensation, as I don't know anything about their finances. However, if they are massively in debt as you say, then I take your point.

I don't see a move for SOD to Brammall Lane as a sideways/backward step, as given the time to integrate players he is familiar with, ( Sharp, Stock, O'Connor, Copps, and maybe Hayter) plus any new signings into the Blades team, I think SOD would be confident of taking them to the Prem.

They do have a bigger fanbase than us, and given the type of football SOD likes his teams to play, I would imagine the Blades fans would be coming back to Brammall Lane in droves, thus creating more revenue for the club. Blackwell's time at the club has been abysmal, and I feel if they are to progress to the Prem, it's time for a change of manager.

As you say, it's all speculation and none of us know how the Blades board would react if they thought they had the opportunity of getting someone of SOD's calibre, even though compensation may be an issue as you say.

Interesting stuff, I know it's just a gut feeling from me, but after the Burnley affair I feel SOD will follow his ambitions and move if the right club comes calling. I still think that club will be the Blades. Thanks for your comments.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012