Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:25:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 4283 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Rooney
« on April 07, 2010, 07:42:21 pm by SkellowRover »
Ferguson kept that one under wraps, i bet byern were like \"WTF?  :(  \" lol. Good news for the world cup  :cheer:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
Re:Rooney
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2010, 07:48:57 pm by Curious Orange »
Now they're thinking \"WTF?\"

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2010, 08:04:42 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Well....here's the proof you can't trust a word Fergie says, another man with no integrity....

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8605962.stm

...the lying jock shite!  ;)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2010, 09:43:25 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Ferguson got what he deserved with his lies and deceit.

Congratulations Bayern Munich.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2010, 10:12:32 pm by BobG »
United were daman good in the first half - but Bayern were damn good in the second. Different style - much less gung ho - but they were superb at what they did. Cheered me up no end that result did. :) Got a United supporting mate who drove up there today from deepest Wiltshire. Arf arf!

Cheers

BobG

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2010, 10:16:44 pm by mushRTID »
Hmmmm, I bet Doncaster walkabout was a little quiet after that. Knobs.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2010, 10:18:37 pm by Donnywolf »
mushRTID wrote:
Hmmmm, I bet Doncaster walkabout was a little quiet after that. Knobs.

Come on ....

there must be SOMEONE on here disappointed that Man U are out - ok me neither

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2010, 10:19:28 pm by Wellred »
What a whinger Ferguson is as well.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 07, 2010, 10:20:39 pm by Filo »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

Whats wrong with playing your cards close to your chest? Would you have said the same if SOD did that? Your statement says alot about you and how blinkered you really are!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 07, 2010, 10:32:20 pm by Donnywolf »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Man United were unlucky not to win that. They were the better team over the two legs (despite a terrible showing in Munich) and that first half performance alone deserved progression to the semi-finals.

Although already knocked out, Chelsea are massive losers from this weeks Champions League games now. I'm sure they would have loved Man United to win so that some of their focus was on the Champions League in teh coming weeks, but now they are out all their focus can go towards the Premiership - same as Arsenal.

Thrilling climax to the Prem season in store now.

Rigo

I read your posts and largely agree with the point(s) you make but for once I have to call you to task

I dont think Man U were unlucky not to win that. They commited loads of cynical fouls and ultimately it led to a Red Card

I dont think they could be better over 2 legs if they were terrible in the first leg and having a brilliant first half tonight did not give them the right to win - after all when they BEAT Bayern in 99 they barely had a kick for the whole game then (somehow) came up with 2 impossibly late goals to WIN that.

So by your reckoning Bayern on that occassion deserved to win having outplayed them for 90 minutes - but check the record books Bayern lost 2-1

I also think Chelsea will be the winners because the Manure will be without Rooney again and might (hopefully) be badly affected by the euphoria of taking this game by storm only to be humbled (and here is the best bit) after WINNING 3-2 at home

I DO agree it will be a thrilling finish in the Premiership and hopefully will finish

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manure

or

Arsenal
Chelsea
Manure

One thing for sure the time of Giggs Scholes et al is cooked

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 07, 2010, 10:51:33 pm by washyrover »
Got a feeling fergie is not too keen on Germans.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 07, 2010, 10:58:03 pm by not on facebook »
iam gutted that the mancs were knocked out 2nite

not that i support them or 'owt

just that if utd got to the final i had in place to nip back to
manchester and pick up 150 green and gold scarfs,then flogg them out here in oslo
on the saturday of the final to the noggy utd fans.

i would have been rapped for said scarfs and made a good £1000+ in the process

fcuking football eh

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 08, 2010, 08:12:23 am by DonnyNoel »
washyrover wrote:

I thought he was going to go all Basil Fawlty on us for a moment when he said that and launch an impassioned speech about towels and sun loungers.

Of course a really brave interviewer would have pointed out that the most heated protests were lead by a frenchman. And an even braver one would have just said \"Well Roy Keane, Jaap Stam and David Beckham aren't German!\"

;)

Great tie though, couldn't pick between them because as fantastic as Utd were for 45 minutes last night, they were garbage for the second half in Munich. Some decent semi finals ahead. Wonder what the odds were at the start of the week that it could only be Fulham left in Europe come tonight!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2010, 08:31:00 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Filo wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

Whats wrong with playing your cards close to your chest? Would you have said the same if SOD did that? Your statement says alot about you and how blinkered you really are!

Watch the video link I posted.

Fergie categorically states \"We will not risk Rooney, he is not 100%\".

Well, it clearly was a risk, cos Rooney went off injured....again. Lying, cheating Scot gets his just deserts.

As for linking SOD to such actions, SOD has more integrity in his little finger than Fergie has in total, he wouldnt say someone definetly isnt playing the day before a game then do a huge u-turn.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 08, 2010, 11:31:01 am by Filo »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

As for linking SOD to such actions, SOD has more integrity in his little finger than Fergie has in total, he wouldnt say someone definetly isnt playing the day before a game then do a huge u-turn.

Jason Shackell?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 08, 2010, 12:11:41 pm by rtid88 »
Well done Filo!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 08, 2010, 12:31:12 pm by Donnywolf »
DonnyNoel wrote:
washyrover wrote:

I thought he was going to go all Basil Fawlty on us for a moment when he said that and launch an impassioned speech about towels and sun loungers.

Of course a really brave interviewer would have pointed out that the most heated protests were lead by a frenchman. And an even braver one would have just said \"Well Roy Keane, Jaap Stam and David Beckham aren't German!\"

;)

!

The same interviewer could have asked OK so the angelic Rafael was sent off for 2 yellow cards - and even if you disagree with the second one - it would only have been his first if he had not STUPIDLY got booked near the opposition corner flag

AND
AND

The interviewer v Chelsea could have asked OK so Drogba appeared offside but why blame the Ref - he has Linos to assist and it was HE that made the howler therefore NOT The Ref

BUT
BUT

You were 1 - 0 DOWN at the time so it did not cost you the game and the Ref may have disallowed the double hand ball for your consolation goal

Managers like him only want it one way - and Warnock is another. Jumping up and down at Keepmoat when throw ins went againt Palace but I am sure (we discussed this to death) 2 nailed on penalties and a sure fire Red Card NOT given against Palace and Warnock says overall the Ref handled the game well.

Code for : he did not give owt against us !

ruby12345

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 08, 2010, 02:05:44 pm by ruby12345 »
ferguson moaning about drogbas offside goal costing the game and possibly the title.what shit.wasnt man utds goal a handball by macheda?he wants everything to run his way and you notice the ref and linesman from that game banned.how about the penalty they got against liverpool or the winning goal by owen against man city in the 8th minute of added on time.

ruby12345

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 08, 2010, 02:11:43 pm by ruby12345 »
4 halfs of football over the 2 games munich were on top for 3 out of 4 so man utd didnt deserve to win

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 08, 2010, 02:12:24 pm by graingrover »
I think to categorise Ferguson's statement as a lack of integrity is to overlook  the fact his prime motivation in front of the press is to promote his team's interests. Had he tried to dupe spectators to turn up by saying Rooney would play , then not selecting him .......it would have been different .
      Often hatred of a person or a club  breeds prejudice and the two together tend to inhibit any rationality of view.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 08, 2010, 03:08:27 pm by Filo »
graingrover wrote:

Often hatred of a person or a club  breeds prejudice and the two together tend to inhibit any rationality of view.

Bang on!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 08, 2010, 10:17:10 pm by BobG »
Even banger on! Absolutely right Graing. It's easy to spot those that can think when subjects like this come up.

I'll give everyone one simple example: next time we have onme of those threads asking for forecasts of the score in the next game, just read through all those forecasts at about half past 2. As a general rule, entirely irrespective of who we might happen to be playing, over 75% say the Rovers will win. Those forecasting a defeat are ALWAYS less than 10% of those contributing.

Now tell me that people actually think before putting forward their forecast.

Cheers

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2010, 01:30:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
graingrover wrote:
Often hatred of a person or a club  breeds...

...an utter inability to use punctuation or to form a coherent sentence. If a couple of posts in this thread are owt to go on any road.

By the way, and for what it's worth, I deeply admire Ferguson's passion, but he'd be an even more admirable bloke if he could rise above and maintain a bit of dignity in defeat.

A weak pound and a 50% tax rate forcing top players away from England mean that he might have to get more used to having his nose bloodied in Europe. If he doesn learn to accept defeat gracefully, I might have a couple of quid on him corking it with a heart attack before he hits 70.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2010, 06:35:05 am by Donnywolf »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
graingrover wrote:

. If he doesn learn to accept defeat gracefully, I might have a couple of quid on him corking it with a heart attack before he hits 70.

... I bwame God he will say on 2 counts ...

first I had woads of time weft at weast another 10 years not the two he has handed out AND

when you watch the weplay of him wooking down he had a perfect view, PERFECT and still picks the wong bloke.

You need seriously good gods at a time like this and we got this bwoke UNBEWIEVABLE

TinyPortal © 2005-2012