Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:45:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next saeason  (Read 4870 times)

Donwhite

Next saeason
« on April 14, 2010, 07:43:24 pm by Donwhite »
I hope you keep Billy Sharp and get promoted into the promised land next season fill the keepmoat and stay there. I hope this because Doncaster as a town needs something to be proud of.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

thornerover94

• Forum Member
Re:Next saeason
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2010, 08:11:05 pm by thornerover94 »
i would say we are already proud

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2010, 08:23:39 pm by Wellred »
Donwhite wrote:
I hope you keep Billy Sharp and get promoted into the promised land next season fill the keepmoat and stay there. I hope this because Doncaster as a town needs something to be proud of.

Shame you don't feel proud enough to support your home town instead of having to run off to support a lesser team.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2010, 08:35:00 pm by Filo »
Donwhite wrote:

Soon be time to bottle the play offs again!

I am proud, proud that I support my home town club, unlike some retards that are clinging onto past glory's with a lower league club from west Yorkshire!

Lord Farquaad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2010, 09:05:54 pm by Lord Farquaad »
Donwhite wrote:

I must say, I do like this 'small crowd' piss take we get from, ahem, big clubs.

Would Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc take the piss about our 13000ish crowds as they are read out? I don't think they would. I don't even think Newcastle did the other week.

That is because they ARE much bigger than us in every way.

However, the fact that Sheff Wednesday/Utd, Leeds, Forest etc can only offer bigger crowds as a definition of their superiority over us is very, very telling of how far we have come, and just how very low they have sunk.

Wonderful.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2010, 09:17:05 pm by Filo »
Donwhite wrote:
I hope you keep Billy Sharp and get promoted

Thank you very much, I hope you keep hold of that pile of dogshite Beckford and continue your misery in League 1 or hopefully League 2 one day

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2010, 10:05:26 pm by Colin C No.3 »
All my school mates supported Leeds in the 70's.

I started supporting The Rovers in 1967 at the age of eleven.

I wouldn't swap one game of the many that in much of that time, caused the 4 mile walk home to feel like 10. Why, because I wasn't born in Barcelona, or Milan, or Manchester, or Leeds, or Barnsley. I'm a Donny boy born & bred, currently living in Burnley & working in Leeds.

When SOD says in his programme notes, \"Support your local team\", I used to get pi**ed off thinking, if I did that I'd be down The Turf every Saturday & before that St James, or Roker Park (as was then). But now I read that 'rider' & think, \"Yeah Doesn't matter where life takes you, support your local team means your 'local team' through thick & thin cos, the halcyon days have arrived.

So to all my school 'mates' of the 70's who scrawled Lorimer, Hunter & Giles on my books behind my back, I hope you have all stuck with your Lilywhites through their thick & thin times & if so, to you & the 'Donny Whites' & 'Donny Tykes' & 'Blunts & Wednesday come Thursdayites' who continue to warm their sad ar*es on the glow given off by our team by continually soiling our forum with their pathetic \"Yeah but, no buts\"... p*ss off & either concentrate on supporting the 'clubs of your choice' now they have fallen on hard times, or.........support your local team. The team that represents the town you were born in.......Doncaster Rovers.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2010, 12:08:21 am by Superspy »
Obvious troll is obvious.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2010, 10:02:24 am by BLIR »
Colin C No.3 wrote:
All my school mates supported Leeds in the 70's.

I started supporting The Rovers in 1967 at the age of eleven.

I wouldn't swap one game of the many that in much of that time, caused the 4 mile walk home to feel like 10. Why, because I wasn't born in Barcelona, or Milan, or Manchester, or Leeds, or Barnsley. I'm a Donny boy born & bred, currently living in Burnley & working in Leeds.

When SOD says in his programme notes, \"Support your local team\", I used to get pi**ed off thinking, if I did that I'd be down The Turf every Saturday & before that St James, or Roker Park (as was then). But now I read that 'rider' & think, \"Yeah Doesn't matter where life takes you, support your local team means your 'local team' through thick & thin cos, the halcyon days have arrived.

So to all my school 'mates' of the 70's who scrawled Lorimer, Hunter & Giles on my books behind my back, I hope you have all stuck with your Lilywhites through their thick & thin times & if so, to you & the 'Donny Whites' & 'Donny Tykes' & 'Blunts & Wednesday come Thursdayites' who continue to warm their sad ar*es on the glow given off by our team by continually soiling our forum with their pathetic \"Yeah but, no buts\"... p*ss off & either concentrate on supporting the 'clubs of your choice' now they have fallen on hard times, or.........support your local team. The team that represents the town you were born in.......Doncaster Rovers.

I was born in Liverpool, didn't move to Doncaster until 1995. Where should I hand my season ticket in?

It's a shame, I'm going to miss it!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2010, 10:12:44 am by bedale rover »
i was born in leicester  

but in mitigation i moved here when i was 3 and my dad was from donny  so leicester are my second team

but i was supporting the rovers at the walkers stadium in february :)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2010, 05:13:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I was born in Sheffield, am the only one in the family that doesn't support Sheffield United, and now live in Barnsley...who should I support?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 15, 2010, 05:25:24 pm by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
I was born in Sheffield, am the only one in the family that doesn't support Sheffield United, and now live in Barnsley...who should I support?
You poor tormented soul! Rather than you support someone I think the samaritans should be supporting you  :laugh:

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2010, 08:09:10 pm by duggiesmyhero »
Born in Burnley for my sins( please god forgive me)Moved to Doncaster in 1977,supported Liverpool till was 11 then caught the bug that is Doncaster Rovers,many a happy,sad and suicidal moments have had over the years and wouldnt change a thing,Yorkshire adopted Rovers for life

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 15, 2010, 09:19:51 pm by Boycie »
Born in Pontefract, everybody supported Leeds in the 60's', thank god me granny came from Edlington, followed the Rovers since 1964, took all the pi.s from Leeds fans but boy was Wembley sweet. Rubbing their noses in it every chance I get at work, they are crapping themselves now at the thought of the play-offs

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2010, 09:33:18 pm by StocktonRover »
Born in Ely, moved to Doncaster in about 1970, watched my first ever match at Elland Road against Ipswich Town (with my parents who haled from Suffolk),got threatened all the way back to the car because of my parents accents.
Went to watch Rovers at home gainst Workington and was hooked - moved to Teeside in 1992 and still there with my season ticket.

Its good to be a Rover........

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2010, 11:11:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Went to watch Rovers at home gainst Workington and was hooked

What, the 6-3 Peter Kitchen hat-trick game ?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2010, 01:39:18 am by RobTheRover »
In response to everyone, they say home is where the heart is - and its obvious that Rovers fans have huge hearts for their team.

Whilst Donny Whites (and Donny Blades and Donny Owls) are frustrating to Donny fans, the seeds of change are germinating and being carried in the winds.  If Rovers carry on the success they are having, kids being \"turned\" to out-of-town clubs will decline and peer pressure from their friends to be a Rover increases.  I coach an u7s team, and out of nearly 30 kids around half come to training in Rovers shirts, a couple in wednesday shirts, a couple in Leeds shirts, a couple in each of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, and a couple in Barca.  Says it all really.  The change is happening before our eyes.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2010, 01:33:07 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
I hope Jermaine Beckford walks away for free in the summer after the abuse you set of fickle gits give him, and bottle the play offs, because 'Leeds' and 'Bottlers' are two words that belong together, spending the next few seasons continuing your extended spell of abject failure in our shadow, with ever decreasing crowds at Bellend Road.

I hope this because your Club is scum, your fans are scum, and Leeds is a crap hole and slowly but surely, is getting the football club it, and its fans, deserves.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2010, 02:35:21 pm by Rovers Return »
RobTheRover wrote:
In response to everyone, they say home is where the heart is - and its obvious that Rovers fans have huge hearts for their team.

Whilst Donny Whites (and Donny Blades and Donny Owls) are frustrating to Donny fans, the seeds of change are germinating and being carried in the winds.  If Rovers carry on the success they are having, kids being \"turned\" to out-of-town clubs will decline and peer pressure from their friends to be a Rover increases.  I coach an u7s team, and out of nearly 30 kids around half come to training in Rovers shirts, a couple in wednesday shirts, a couple in Leeds shirts, a couple in each of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, and a couple in Barca.  Says it all really.  The change is happening before our eyes.

I run an U12's side and the majority wear the red and white hoops when training.......and we are not even in Donny. Further to that I took my boys and their mate to a FA Training session in Newark. I told them to wear their hoops and be proud. You should have seen the look on all the other boys and the FA coaches faces when all three of them got out of the car in Donny Rovers kits and walked over. B)

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2010, 04:31:39 pm by Wellington Vaults »
When I read Thinwhiteduke's outpourings on Leeds, for some reason, in my mind's eye, I picture a Travis Bickle lookalike, gently stroking the perished flesh of a long-dead relative in a rocking chair his bedsit window, whilst silently defacing Don Revie photos.

But, in spite of all this, I still extend the hand of friendship....the underprivileged and insane are as deserving of love and affection as the rest of us.

PS I've got loads of old Leeds programmes if you want them.  You could build some sort of lair in which to babble away the hours in bileful contentment when your darker thoughts precude sleep.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2010, 05:48:11 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Wellington Vaults wrote:
When I read Thinwhiteduke's outpourings on Leeds, for some reason, in my mind's eye, I picture a Travis Bickle lookalike,

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the f**k do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.   ;)   :P

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 17, 2010, 10:37:10 am by Yargo »
Oh come on \"wellington\"(and why did you use that login name incidentally,i used to drink in there with Bash Thornton,Nev Stokeley and Sam Hooley when it had that name but aren't aware of you? tell us again of the glories and great \"social\" life that surrounds following the \"bin kickers\" one great post i remember from the old forum was rob the rovers piece about how Donny born Rovers fans felt about their home team winning at Wembley and how none of that feeling could ever be shared to the same extent by Doncaster based/born Leeds fans if THEY had won at Wembley that day  :) Have to agree with Thinwiteduke,scum club scum fans

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 17, 2010, 11:25:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
My dislike of Leeds is based on very simple and hard-headed practical reasons.

For decades, the relative strength and glamour if Leeds Utd has bled away support that could potentially have gone to the Rovers.

Every year that Leeds flounder, and we have a stronger and more attractive football side than them, gives us the opportunity to cement the current young generation of Doncaster kids as Rovers fans. I suspect that there are few kids in Donny these days who are pestering their dads and mates to go to Elland Road.

So it's simple. Strong Leeds Utd makes it difficult to have strong Donny Rovers. Therefore I fervently hope Leeds struggle for a generation. Maybe then the concept of Donny White, the glory hunter who turned his back on his home town club to hitch his wagon to what he thought was a more successful club, would be an amusing anachronism.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 17, 2010, 11:45:40 am by coventryrover »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
I hope Jermaine Beckford walks away for free in the summer after the abuse you set of fickle gits give him, and bottle the play offs, because 'Leeds' and 'Bottlers' are two words that belong together, spending the next few seasons continuing your extended spell of abject failure in our shadow, with ever decreasing crowds at Bellend Road.

I hope this because your Club is scum, your fans are scum, and Leeds is a crap hole and slowly but surely, is getting the football club it, and its fans, deserves.

I think Leeds is a nicer place to live than Donny.  Especially the northern bits north f the outer ring road.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012