Forum > Lucky Pint

Doncaster Rovers v Newcastle United

(1/8) > >>

VivaRovers:
Mach preview for this game is now up on the Viva Rovers website Sadly I'll be an incumbant of the Lucky Pint for tonight's game. Anyone fancy a game of darts whilst we wait for kick-off?

CusworthRovers:
Splendid read mate. The only bit I disagree on is your view on Promotion. I'm very much in the 'let's be sensible about it and f**k em' camp, if that scenario were to come. A subject that will split many an opinion I feel. Although a different topic, I feel Cardiff will not be caught and have key players returning week by week.

Are we happy that Carroll is not playing, if so that's great news. The only forward that's given Shack a hard time aerially this season IMO. Just a shame then neither will be playing.

Whilst I share your view on the SJP second half/Woods penno miss.....to be fair they were always on top and it was a case of when will they score and missed no end of sitters. Another game very much in the 'game of 2 halves mould'.

I think there is a trend over the last 2 seasons that Rovers have generally dominated the first half of a game. Opposition coach's then change/tinker/counter-act or whatever at half time and always come out stronger in the 2nd half. Many reasons for this IMO,

Lipsy:
Looks like even the BBC have started to take notice of our little pub team:

\"Doncaster have never beaten Newcastle, but Rovers' inspired form means only a fool would write off their chances of achieving the club's first ever victory against the Magpies.\"

It wasn't that long ago that they were getting all of their facts wrong about us – now they reckon we're in with a shout of a result. Blimeys.

Guernsey Exile:
Lipsy wrote:

--- Quote ---Looks like even the BBC have started to take notice of our little pub team:

\"Doncaster have never beaten Newcastle, but Rovers' inspired form means only a fool would write off their chances of achieving the club's first ever victory against the Magpies.\"

It wasn't that long ago that they were getting all of their facts wrong about us – now they reckon we're in with a shout of a result. Blimeys.
--- End quote ---

Lets be straight - not completely true is it?

The Red Baron:
I think promotion, or even a play-off spot, is highly unlikely. Having said that, if either were to come about, I would want to grab them with both hands. I'm sure that we couldn't do any worse in the Premier League than Burnley have done, and even if we were relegated after one season, we would have built the fanbase that bit higher. That one season in the Premier League is probably one of the main reasons that, even now, Barnsley consistently get higher average gates than we do.

Re Waide Fairhurst. He was out warming up with the rest of the squad on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the bench soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version