Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:20:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Supporters Coaches not allowed to Park at Port vale ground and social club  (Read 3422 times)

retford rover

• VSC Member
The Staffordshire police have informed us that the Chairman at Port vale is not allowing us to park the coaches at the ground, also the Social club will not be open for away fans, as  non of the local pubs.
   the police are trying to get the coaches to drop of at ground and find alternative parking, that save us £25 that they charge us to park the coaches then.   The police are also trying to find a pub that will take away fans.  Staffs police not happy with PVFC , it's a hole of a place anyway............................................................
will keep informed if find any more out
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
There's some long running dispute between the Port Vale chairman and the local plods, isn't there? Seems bad that away fans are caught up in the crossfire. Maybe Rovers and others should complain to the Football League.

I suppose the best payback would be to take three points off them!

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
when I went last year I thought the game was well over policed and the amount of stewards was stupid, the police made us park there and threatend to arrest are drive if he didn't follow them to the ground, noticed loads of side streets near ground for thoes who like me travel by car, don't bury av same policy as this coaches drop off then pick? might be wrong

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
When we play them at the Keepmoat can we make their chairman park at the Park and Ride at Adwick and get the bus in?

dknward2

• VSC Member
Make them park in rotherham and get x78 in

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
Both of the above are good ideas. A like for like policy in circumstances like this should be enforced.

wing commander

• Forum Member
  Once again its the fans that pay the price for these things..I really wish that sometimes our club would be a little bit more proactive with there defence of there own fans.We get robbed at other clubs when we visit..In fairness it's hard though because retalitry action will only inconvenience the port vale fans who are as innocent as us in these disputes..It is disgusting that we are made to feel as welcome as syphilis by these clubs for no reason at all...

retford rover

• VSC Member
Port vale were the first team to charge us to park supporters coaches  it was £20 at the time, a couple of seasons later we charged them the same, and it was only them we charged  this was at Belle Vue, so highlighted to their fans how we were charged, they did not like it, the steward on their coach got very irate.

when we went to wembley that was £50 + per coach, we as a supporters club took 64 coaches   64 x 52   approx £3200,,, x that by how many Leeds took   its a lucrative money spinner, with no thought that the money the fans had already forked out.    we know have to build the car parking into the bus prices  we charge over the season, as most grounds charge for supporters coaches, Rovers charge £20.00 per coach................................

silent majority

• VSC Member
Port Vale don't own the land that they used to park buses on, and now don't have a right to use it. They are still trying to sort something in the next few days. Watch this space as they say!

les@donr

• Forum Member
Maybe the coaches could be parked on the pitch and be a defensive wall against PV attacks, swap ends at HT.

retford rover

• VSC Member
good news the Staffs police have just phoned.
the chairman has backed down. and is now letting us park at the ground, and allowing us to use the social club,    a bit of arm twisting me thinks
well see if changed minds when we get there lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012